Democrat hypocrisy late night edition

https://news.yahoo.com/caitlyn-jenne...085914067.html

Caitlyn Jenner hits back at 'hypocrite' Jimmy Kimmel for calling her 'Donald Trump in a wig'

California Republican gubernatorial candidate Caitlyn Jenner has hit back at Jimmy Kimmel for calling her "Donald Trump in a Caitlyn Jenner wig," The Hill reported.
    During a segment on his ABC late-night talk show, Kimmel mocked Jenner for her Thursday appearance on ABC's "The View."
    "Are we sure that isn't Donald Trump in a Caitlyn Jenner wig?" Kimmel said, while photos of former president Donald Trump and Jenner appeared on the screen.
    He also called the reality star, now a political hopeful, "Caitlyn Jenner Car-Crashian" - a reference to the fatal 2015 collision Jenner was involved in.

Jenner responded to the comments by sharing a screenshot on Twitter of an article that branded Kimmel as "transphobic."

"Last night @jimmykimmel called me Donald Trump with a wig," Jenner wrote. "He obviously believes that trans women are simply men with wigs on. Where is the outrage from the left or LGBT community? Being WOKE must be optional if you are a Democrat."

Jenner then shared a photo of Kimmel in blackface, and called him a "hypocrite."
    She also accused him of contributing to anti-Asian hatred and shared a screenshot of a clip where he asked women to fondle his crotch.
    Guess transphobia is just humor when you are a democrat supporter against a republican. I am sure the responses here will be directed at me and not the actual situation. I don't understand why Jenner brought up the blackface, it has been proven time and again that governors and celebrities can do blackface if they are democrat party affiliated.

It takes a special kind of cognitive dissonance for any right winger to post on LGBTQ issues using Jenner who has a track record of adamantly supporting Trump and republicans introducing and passing Anti-LGBTQ legislation in every state.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have "hypocrisy" coming from my late-night laugh-at-man than from the political party I support. You seem to prefer it the other way around.

Because some comedian getting in a stew with another person over twitter is a lot less damaging than, oh, I don't know, refusing to fill supreme court seats several months before an election and then ramming them through a few weeks before a different election to abrogate the will of the people on both fronts.

It's a lot less damaging than accusing your political rival's son of some vague malfeasance in Ukraine while you, personally, have instructed your lawyer to engage in actual malfeasance in Ukraine to attempt to sway an American election.

It's the start of the thread, one I'm sure you'll abandon, but maybe ask yourself... do you really think conservatives have a leg to stand on when it comes to "hypocrisy?"

Cuz you're gonna swiftly find that they, and by extension you, don't.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-06-15 at 02:27 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Guess transphobia is just humor when you are a democrat supporter against a republican.
    Yeah, Democrats only want to empower transgender individuals if they're loyal to the Democrat party. If you're like Caitlyn Jenner who isn't loyal then basically you're chopped liver.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yeah, Democrats only want to empower transgender individuals if they're loyal to the Democrat party. If you're like Caitlyn Jenner who isn't loyal then basically you're chopped liver.
    Jenner has taken stances against LGBTQ rights being transgender doesn't shield her from criticism.

Isn't Donald Trump also Donald Trump in a wig?

Guess transphobia is just humor when you are a democrat supporter against a republican.
    See, this is what gets me about y'all. You don't understand what these words mean, so you try to wield them as a cudgel and always end up hitting yourselves in the face. Nobody seems to like it joke, it's a shitty joke. Also, nobody forgets that this guy used to host The Man Show alongside Adam Carola, which Jenner appears to think is some big find. Kimmel isn't as awful anymore, but I don't think anyone has forgotten his past.

She's a shitty, stupid idiot that killed a man after running into his his car (fixt). Hell, the trans community generally loathes her not just for her political views, but for generally being a shitty person.

You got up on this soapbox feeling pretty proud of this, it's a shame you couldn't realize why this wouldn't be some "gotcha".
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-06-15 at 03:20 AM.

I am sure the responses here will be directed at me and not the actual situation.
    Could it have something to do with the fact you're not making the thread in any sort of good faith? Look, rabid trumpkins are the last people who should be complaining about transphobia as an issue, even in bad faith manner. Yet, you do so anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I see DocSavageFan's alt is having fun tonight, or this his main.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Guess transphobia is just humor when you are a democrat supporter against a republican. I am sure the responses here will be directed at me and not the actual situation. I don't understand why Jenner brought up the blackface, it has been proven time and again that governors and celebrities can do blackface if they are democrat party affiliated.
    And I just bet you're a huge supporter of the trans community...

The people who routinely call Caitlyn Jenner "he," "a man," and "Bruce" are in no position to whine that someone else is mocking a despicable person who happens to be trans. Sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jenner has supported Donald Trump's racism and the broader Republican racism and anti-LGBT agenda for years, has repeatedly stated that they believe that marriage is an institution between a man and a woman (i.e.: that gay marriage is illegitimate), and has stated that they're against people who are biologically boys (i.e.: trans women, in this case) competing in female sports, and has now turned around and fucking cry about their identity when it becomes convenient. Moreover, I'm not even willing to grant that Kimmel's joke was transphobic. To be quite frank, the joke was likely political and supposed to satirize how Jenner's political positions are just as atrocious as Trumps (i.e.: they're ideologically so similar that they're more-or-less the same person).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    She's a shitty, stupid idiot that killed a man after driving over him.
    In the spirit of fairness, it should be said that Jenner didn't run someone over. It appears she accidentally rear-ended another car, which ended up pushing them into traffic. Charges were not pursued because they weren't able to demonstrate that Jenner did anything wrong in this circumstance.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Republicans running for, or in office, or hell just your GoP grifter could always stop being complete ass clowns and then late night hosts would eventually run out of material against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see many people attacking Jenner, but a quick look at wikipedia, she doesn't appear to be that bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caitly...LGBT_community

On her reality show I Am Cait, Jenner said that although she does not support Donald Trump, she thinks he would be good for women's issues; she then stated she would never support Hillary Clinton.[220] Jenner said she voted for Trump in the 2016 presidential election, although according to Politico, voter records show she never cast a ballot in the election.

February 2017, President Trump rescinded federal requirements giving transgender students the right to choose the school restroom matching their gender identity. In response, Jenner tweeted "Well @realDonaldTrump, from one Republican to another, this is a disaster. You made a promise to protect the LGBTQ community. Call me."[224]

In April 2017, Jenner said she was in favor of same-sex marriage.[225]

In July 2017, Jenner announced that she was contemplating running in the 2018 race for the U.S. Senate to represent California.[226] Later in the month, she condemned Trump for issuing an order to reinstate a ban on transgender people from serving in the military. In her tweet, she wrote "What happened to your promise to fight for them?", juxtaposing it with Trump's tweet from June 2016 in which he promised to fight for the LGBT community.[221]

In an October 2018 Washington Post opinion piece, Jenner wrote that she was mistaken in her belief that Trump and his administration would support the LGBTQ community and vowed to learn from her error. "The reality is that the trans community is being relentlessly attacked by this president."[227] Her reversal came after a Trump administration proposal to restrict the legal definition of a person's gender to that assigned at birth.[228]

She is gullible for believing in Trump, but it appears she is no fan of him anymore. Only controversial opinion I see, is her being against trans-women competing against women in sports.

Or is there more to her, than what this quick look at wiki tells us? Honest question, I know fuck-all about her.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-06-15 at 03:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I see many people attacking Jenner, but a quick look at wikipedia, she doesn't appear to be that bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caitly...LGBT_community

On her reality show I Am Cait, Jenner said that although she does not support Donald Trump, she thinks he would be good for women's issues; she then stated she would never support Hillary Clinton.[220] Jenner said she voted for Trump in the 2016 presidential election, although according to Politico, voter records show she never cast a ballot in the election.

February 2017, President Trump rescinded federal requirements giving transgender students the right to choose the school restroom matching their gender identity. In response, Jenner tweeted "Well @realDonaldTrump, from one Republican to another, this is a disaster. You made a promise to protect the LGBTQ community. Call me."[224]

In April 2017, Jenner said she was in favor of same-sex marriage.[225]

In July 2017, Jenner announced that she was contemplating running in the 2018 race for the U.S. Senate to represent California.[226] Later in the month, she condemned Trump for issuing an order to reinstate a ban on transgender people from serving in the military. In her tweet, she wrote "What happened to your promise to fight for them?", juxtaposing it with Trump's tweet from June 2016 in which he promised to fight for the LGBT community.[221]

In an October 2018 Washington Post opinion piece, Jenner wrote that she was mistaken in her belief that Trump and his administration would support the LGBTQ community and vowed to learn from her error. "The reality is that the trans community is being relentlessly attacked by this president."[227] Her reversal came after a Trump administration proposal to restrict the legal definition of a person's gender to that assigned at birth.[228]

She is gullible for believing in Trump, but it appears she is no fan of him anymore. Only controversial opinion I see, is her being against trans-women competing against women in sports.

Or is there more to her, than what this quick look at wiki tells us? Honest question, I know fuck-all about her.
    Recent events have had her saying she wants to govern California like trump did in the white house.
    She wants to deny other transgender women rights she has been enjoying ever since she transitioned.
    She wants to have cis people who can never be able to actually know the answer to come together to tell a transgender woman if they are trans enough to be considered a woman. (In the UK we already have this and as a Transgender woman I can tell you it's both insulting, demeaning and gatekeeping to the point it is basically known the whole point is to stop people transitioning.).
    She's the epitome of the comic strip where someone climbs the ladder, pulls it up, then tells the person behind them "I got up here all by myself, why can't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Also, usual out of touch ultra-wealthy fuck shit. Like hearing her friend in the private hanger across from hers at the airport complain about all those damned homeless people being so gross and inconvenient being on the street.

Other than that she's a politically empty vessel without the ideological depth of a puddle after a light sprinkle. Heavy on the slogans and culture war, light on the actual policy and platform.

Every time you do this, it just proves you don't understand what racism/sexism/transphobia/homophobia/whatever social issue is going on at the moment.

I suspect it is willful ignorance of these matters on your part, but maybe I'm wrong and maybe its not on purpose at all.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

5+ Year Old Account
    A forbidden topic and generally threads about entertainers don't last long.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."