Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    7.2 came out 8 months after Legion launch. And imo that was too soon. And we're not 8 months into SL. But yeah, use your hyperbole and lies that clearly shows your bias.
    What? I like Nighthold probably more than most but 7.2 came at an excellent time, and blizzard’s surprise decision to drop alot of pathfinder requirements for it made legion so much more accessible to binge play because of opening up alts. Originally we were going to have to wait until breaching the tomb came up, aka your class mount quest.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzard needs to at least add story patches between raid tiers to keep interest for casuals. No idea why they are so set on story only progressing when the next raid is released.
    It shows that lore/story is just not of their priorities that they care about. All they care about is an "epic" cinematic to try to get people to sub for the raid.
    I've been wanting this for 15 years lmao

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That would be pretty neat. I wouldn't mind content added in ".5" patches with cool world events, quests, or small holiday-event like things that are story driven.
    This is basically how ff14 and Lotro both handle content. Lots of focus on story and such.

7.2 came out 8 months after Legion launch. And imo that was too soon. And we're not 8 months into SL. But yeah, use your hyperbole and lies that clearly shows your bias.

TBF we are currently at about 203 days since SL launched and well past any x.1 of any expansion.

The average is 240 days (Average time from x.0 to x.1 is 108 days, for the record)

TBC was 228 days from launch to 2.2

WOLTK was 264 to 3.2

Cata was 203 to 4.2

MoP was 238 to 5.3

WoD 222 to 6.2

Legion 210 days to 7.2

BFA had the longest .1 patch so was 316 days to 8.2 (BFA actually had fairly steady content but some of the longer middle patch lengths actually)

If 9.1 launches at the end of June that would be about 217 days. 224 days if july 5th but I'm unsure if they'd do it on the US july 4th weekend. So July 12th would be 231 days.

We're not too far off from matching 9.1 to x.2 patches and we've already hit Cata and are close to legion. A july release would just about tie MoP, but god help this game if 9.0-9.1 lasts as long as WOLK 3.0-3.2 did, let alone BFA.

There's always variability of course.

There's also this little thing called a pandemic going on , maybe you've heard about it.
    I think that definitely contributed even if they stressed repeatedly that it hadn't affected their development(lol). FF14 had everything pushed by about 3 months and had to split the last content patch into two patches because of it. But the pacing remained steady so I think they had a better handle on getting content out I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Thanks for the unsolicited advice, because I've already done so as far as retail goes.

Oh, since we are in the unsolicited advices business, try to not randomly guess things about people you don't even know, since it makes you look bad. Like really, really bad.

Belono sil'aru, belore'dorei
    Then why are you complaining about it? "Man, that place I used to shop at that stopped carrying all the stuff I liked sucks now, and even though I haven't shopped there in two years, I'm letting everyone know how much they suck, because I'm completely unable to move on."

Is you.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

It's the first patch developed entirely remotely so I'm not shocked it's taken longer than normal. It takes time for people to adjust, and in some cases get extra equipment to make the home office as good as in the work office.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...n-hazzikostas/
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm still blown away by how long it has taken for .1 to come out. We're 8 months in the expansion. I was so excited for SL but it hasn't really delivered so far.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Then why are you complaining about it? .
    Because I used to like the game, and I'd rather see it improve (the way I see it) instead of completely ditching it off. Crazy idea, I know

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I'm still blown away by how long it has taken for .1 to come out. We're 8 months in the expansion. I was so excited for SL but it hasn't really delivered so far.
    The usual s***ls will try to cover Blizzard's ass with muh pandemik, even if Daniel Alegre, president and COO of Activision Blizzard, says otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Oh, since we are in the unsolicited advices business, try to not randomly guess things about people you don't even know, since it makes you look bad. Like really, really bad.

Belono sil'aru, belore'dorei
    But you do the same all the time so maybe stop with the silly attitude?

It makes you look even worse. And dcc guessed right so how silly did dcc626 then look?

The usual s***ls will try to cover Blizzard's ass with muh pandemik, even if Daniel Alegre, president and COO of Activision Blizzard, says otherwise.
    Wow, I hadn't even heard of that. I ran out of gametime back in march and I haven't bothered resubscribing. The content is so boring and repetitive.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    But you do the same all the time so maybe stop with the silly attitude?

It makes you look even worse. And dcc guessed right so how silly did dcc626 then look?
    I'm not assuming anything about anybody. Mind throwing in a quote for good measure?

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I've been wanting this for 15 years lmao

This is basically how ff14 and Lotro both handle content. Lots of focus on story and such.

TBF we are currently at about 203 days since SL launched and well past any x.1 of any expansion.

The average is 240 days (Average time from x.0 to x.1 is 108 days, for the record)

TBC was 228 days from launch to 2.2

WOLTK was 264 to 3.2

Cata was 203 to 4.2

MoP was 238 to 5.3

WoD 222 to 6.2

Legion 210 days to 7.2

BFA had the longest .1 patch so was 316 days to 8.2 (BFA actually had fairly steady content but some of the longer middle patch lengths actually)

If 9.1 launches at the end of June that would be about 217 days. 224 days if july 5th but I'm unsure if they'd do it on the US july 4th weekend. So July 12th would be 231 days.

We're not too far off from matching 9.1 to x.2 patches and we've already hit Cata and are close to legion. A july release would just about tie MoP, but god help this game if 9.0-9.1 lasts as long as WOLK 3.0-3.2 did, let alone BFA.

There's always variability of course.

I think that definitely contributed even if they stressed repeatedly that it hadn't affected their development(lol). FF14 had everything pushed by about 3 months and had to split the last content patch into two patches because of it. But the pacing remained steady so I think they had a better handle on getting content out I think.
    As an fyi the person who made that chart of patch durations messed up tbc launch (supposed to be January 16, 2007) , 2.1 (correct date is May 22, 2007) and 2.2 (September 25, 2007) launch dates.

So the time between 2.0 and 2.2 was 252 days.

That author also messed up vanilla wow launch date (supposed to be November 23, 2004), ZG/patch 1.7 was September 13, 2005 and Patch 5.4 drop was September 10, 2013.

They also factor in pre-patches (so in the most recent example, 9.0.1 and 9.0.2) into the preceding expansion’s final patch duration (so in this case 8.3).

I'm not assuming anything about anybody. Mind throwing in a quote for good measure?
    Like everytime you accuse people for being white knights or shills like you even did in this thread as well just because they have another opinion than yours?

Thats assuming shit.

"Give it a few seconds and people will come saying: "But this is the largest .1 path eva" Conveniently forgetting that we are almost past the time where .2 patches came."

"We're almost past the time when .2 patches out." Straight up wrong. There's also this little thing called a pandemic going on , maybe you've heard about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Go check the dates yourself. How many months wrong does he have to be for it to be hyperbole in your book?
    Well Legions was what 205 days from launch til 7.2 an we are 203 days into SL with no patch. I would say thats pretty close in terms of days.

Ohh and that other MMO managed 4 Major and 7 minor patches to this point, 2 major and 3 minor after SL launch..

5+ Year Old Account
    Like everytime you accuse people for being white knights or shills like you even did in this thread as well just because they have another opinion than yours?

Thats assuming shit.
    That's not assuming lol, if you check their posting history they are basically defending Blizzard and detracting any criticism as soon as they have a chance. If that isn't shilling, when what is?

That's not assuming lol, if you check their posting history they are basically defending Blizzard and detracting any criticism as soon as they have a chance. If that isn't shilling, when what is?
    But sure, you can willfully close your eyes and pretend that all is fine and dandy. You are entitled to it, after all.

And the disingenuousness of some answers ITT is just... baffling.
    Just adding one. There are so many more. Its a quote from me and you in the pay 2 win thread. It wasnt related to what I wrote even. Me, who has criticized a bunch of stuff with the game.

But its just one example. You are notorious for assuming people think this or that just because they dont share your view. You might go ahead and do so, but dont lecture anyone with it especially when you just confirmed they were assuming correctly.

Its your first defense, to label people. If thats not assuming, then what is.

The expansion sure would have felt more full if there were Artifact Weapons to fill out traits of, and to farm power for. When you plateau at the content you're at, you're just kind of done and at that point everything seems empty. Not like there's other races or a new class to play in the meantime. So in a sense I agree - SL feels pretty empty.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just adding one. There are so many more. Its a quote from me and you in the pay 2 win thread. It wasnt related to what I wrote even. Me, who has criticized a bunch of stuff with the game.

But its just one example. You are notorious for assuming people think this or that just because they dont share your view. You might go ahead and do so, but dont lecture anyone with it especially when you just confirmed they were assuming correctly.

Its your first defense, to label people. If thats not assuming, then what is.
    I haven't labelled you, nor I was assuming anything. Your posts in that thread were quite clear: there was no problem whatsoever, so I answered that you were indeed entitled to your opinion. As for the disingenuousness bit... It wasn't even directed at you, wonder why you might have thought it was. If I ever want to say something to a particular poster, I will quote or @ him/her, as I'm doing now.

Now that this point is hopefully clear, are there any more unsolicited advices, or is that all?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Maybe Legion just spoiled us way too much, but I really expected this expansion to be able to embark on some kind of quest as a Death Knight to forge a new Runeblade (or "Mourneblade"... such a dumb name...). Maldraxxus kinda-sorta involves that, but it's not something you actually use, and it's tiny anyways, and EVERYONE forged the same thing.

Not to suggest ONLY Death Knights get something cool, mind you. But certainly, this seems like the expansion to have a particularly cool Runeblade, even if it's largely just a cosmetic. Or hell, even a "replica" of Frostmourne to unlock somehow.

And previously, this could be justified as "well there's still plenty of time for that, 9.1 is just the first patch". But holy fuck has this patch been a long, painful wait. Eventually, it reaches a point where expectations start to rise, and even when 9.1 was first revealed I was honestly pretty underwhelmed.

For as long a wait as we've been in for, it seems like they would do well to at least "plant some seeds" for some truly cool shit for us to pursue.

Like, for DK's, give us a quest where we start logging various Runes we come across in the Shadowlands, alluding to us eventually forging a badass new Runeblade. Maybe randomly when killing bosses or elite mobs in raids and dungeons, Warriors have a chance to encounter the spirits of great warriors passed, each speaking of some prophesied badass weapon. Druids maybe discover some sort of connection between the Shadowlands and the Emerald Dream, Shamans can speak to new elemental spirits or commune with the ancestors... so on, so forth.

Nothing that equates to a "real quest-chain for something cool", but just kind of setting the stage for cool stuff in the NEXT patch. You know, whenever the fuck THAT winds up being. Go ahead and give us a long-ass grind, so that whenever the next patch comes out, we have cool rewards to look forward to.

Just my two cents.
    What you're asking for requires effort. The WoW team only put in effort when it's a convoluted system, never for content, unless it's mythic raids of course.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzard needs to at least add story patches between raid tiers to keep interest for casuals. No idea why they are so set on story only progressing when the next raid is released.
    It shows that lore/story is just not of their priorities that they care about. All they care about is an "epic" cinematic to try to get people to sub for the raid.
    The game has more casuals then anything else. The entire focus on raids and therefor mythic is wasted time.

I agree on having more lore patches or things everyone can experience is a better way to go. Mythic is such a niche group and honestly who cares nowadays about mythic raids?? Honest question.

actualy, he doesnt, he is talking about GAMES in development, not patches... high management doesnt give a fuck about patches as they dont sell them and their "schedule" only contains things they can rake money from

later in the article is even mentioned which games they have "in pipeline" as he said
    "The current Activision Blizzard release schedule includes Call of Duty 2021 (in development at Sledgehammer), Diablo II: Resurrected, Diablo Immortal, Diablo IV and Overwatch 2, though the latter two games won't be released this year."
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-15 at 06:25 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    actualy, he doesnt, he is talking about GAMES in development, not patches... high management doesnt give a fuck about patches as they dont sell them and their "schedule" only contains things they can rake money from

later in the article is even mentioned which games they have "in pipeline" as he said
    "The current Activision Blizzard release schedule includes Call of Duty 2021 (in development at Sledgehammer), Diablo II: Resurrected, Diablo Immortal, Diablo IV and Overwatch 2, though the latter two games won't be released this year."
    Patches are not developed and maintained? Aren't they part of the game? Or are we going to pretend that people developing e.g. D4 weren't affected by the pandemic, but those in charge of WoW were? Duuuuude...