Conditions for Lady Darkvein phase transition

Hi there,

is there any other condition of phase transition except 25% boss health?
    Yesterday the boss ofter switched phase though she had more health (we had P2->P3 transitions at 55%, 53% and 52% health, similar transitions for P3->P4, the earliest was at about 35% during a bad try).

Are there any timers for phase transition?
    Makes the last phase harder when he bosses switches too soon

its percentage health or a timer, whichever comes first.

think its 100 seconds max per phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    its percentage health or a timer, whichever comes first.

think its 100 seconds max per phase.
    As our log did not include the "Focus Anima" cast, I can't check that. But we often had the container breach from container 4 starting at around ~6:20 (380 seconds), so the number sounds correct.
    But why did they add an automatic transition after time X if there's a soft enrage called "container breach"?

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    As our log did not include the "Focus Anima" cast, I can't check that. But we often had the container breach from container 4 starting at around ~6:20 (380 seconds), so the number sounds correct.
    But why did they add an automatic transition after time X if there's a soft enrage called "container breach"?
    Probably as a failsafe in case somebody decides to bring 15 healers to just heal through the pulsing damage. Don't think it really matters anyway, because as you said, the "soft" enrage is what'll kill you anyway. 100 seconds per phase is pretty generous anyway, that's like a minute longer than the point where you basically die to soft enrage.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Probably as a failsafe in case somebody decides to bring 15 healers to just heal through the pulsing damage. Don't think it really matters anyway, because as you said, the "soft" enrage is what'll kill you anyway. 100 seconds per phase is pretty generous anyway, that's like a minute longer than the point where you basically die to soft enrage.
    Well, we had some trys the transition occured before we expected it, so the next container wasn't empty...
    As our heroic raid don't have that good dps we had three 0-1% wipes yesterday. Each time the boss transitioned at 26-28% health into P4.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Well, we had some trys the transition occured before we expected it, so the next container wasn't empty...
    As our heroic raid don't have that good dps we had three 0-1% wipes yesterday. Each time the boss transitioned at 26-28% health into P4.
    wait you're talking about heroic, not mythic? i don't think the timer is supposed to be there on heroic.

maybe it's a unintended side effect of the 10% hp nerf they gave her or something.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-06-15 at 12:42 PM.

wait you're talking about heroic, not mythic? i don't think the timer is supposed to be there on heroic.

maybe it's a unintended side effect of the 10% hp nerf they gave her or something.
    Yes, I'm talking about heroic, I'm sorry.

well, since you can make it to 1%, maybe all you need to get a kill is have (a few) people save their DPS cooldowns until the last phase starts.

Don't think there's a difference between mythic and heroic in that regard, it's just very uncommon for the boss to take that long (from a quick look at Warcraftlogs there's 400ish kills over 6 minutes out of almost 16k) so most people won't notice.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

our first kills also had that problem, so we started to be overly careful with the last container, opening it more often than necessary just to make sure we went into p4 with as much time as possible, since the thing that killed us was reaching 100% on the container with <3% remaining.

tl;dr: if your healers can keep up, try to keep container 4 below 5%, ideally as close to 0 as you can manage, once the boss reaches ~31% hp remainng.

troll answer: get better dps, don't phasechange because you are slow lul /s
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Can confirm 100 seconds or 25% health.

She is literally, in pretty much all of WoW's history, the fight that is made the most easy with good DPS. With good DPS you literally get to skip any hard part of the fight. Adds. Spinny balls. Bouncing containers.

If a heroic pug can't get her to phase 2 before the adds come out they're probably doomed. Also if the first container is under 60 when you push that's good, over 60 is bad, over 66 is real bad. That's all without hero. She's literally a target dummy.

And if the raid lead is asking for hero in phase 1, you're even more doomed. Avoiding the container 3 spinny balls above 66% is a much better use of hero for any group that isn't crushing the encounter. Plus there is almost nothing to heal in phase 1, and heals benefit from hero too :-)
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.