Poll: What would you prefer to be the fate of the Ghostlands

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Deatholme rebuilt as a Void elf city or as capital of San'layn allied race?

Just had an interesting thought. Ghostlands already has the dark vibe, what if it became some sort of void lands, and Deathlome was destroyed and rebuilt into a new void city .. dunno what the story would be (example of possibilities: 1. maybe the void elves wage a massive war against the void ethereals trying to take the Sunwell and Silvermoon and Ghostlands becomes some void heavy zone - or 2. maybe the alliance launch a campaign to retake Silvermoon, and they occupy up to Ghostlands and it becomes some new warfront type warzone, with the warfront section half in the newly renamed Voidlands and half in the sunny part of Eversong woods, Or 3. maybe it's a peaceful negotiation because of troubles with the void and they return their to help making it their base of operations.

Or

Would you prefer the San'layn become the next Blood elf allied race in the round 2 releases, with Deatholme rebuilt into a massive necropolis as the San'layn relocate from Icecrown citadel (they built from Saronite with scourge slave labour) and returned to Quel'thalas occupying the blighted/scarred side of Ghostlands in a revamp. You can also imagine the story here. Powerful San'layn ruler makes move on Quel'thalas, but renegade San'layn work with blood elves to foil the plan, end up staying in Ghostlands half to manage scourge left overs and any foreseeable trouble 2. Peaceful vision, San'layn fully join the horde, and move into Quel'thalas to help strengthen horde control against fears of alliance attacks.

Which would you prefer?
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-06-15 at 02:19 PM.

All of that seems a bit random and nonsensical to say the least.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No to the void elves.. for obvious reasons being way to close to the blood elves.

I love the san layn altho I think that ship has sailed.. I would love it if they joined the horde.. the sanlayn wasted their shot in bfa.. shame tho.

As a new base of operations for the Ren'dorei. For several reasons:

- The Thematic connection: Deatholme was the former seat of Dar'khan Drathir, who conducted several studies in the field of the Void. These studies were then resumed and brought to their culmination by Magister Umbric and his followers, who used those studies to find their way to Telogrus Rift, the ancient Void realm that no mortal ever set foot on, until the rise of the Ren'dorei. So having the Ren'dorei set up a stronghold in the former fortress of Drathir is simply logical from a thematic standpoint as well as from a pragmatic standpoint, as they can look for further studies on the Void that Drathir might have hidden away in his fortress.

- The desire of the Ren'dorei to restore Quel'Thalas to the Alliance: It is no surprise that the Ren'dorei seek to bring Quel'Thalas back into the fold, as they genuinely believe that the Alliance, and not the green barbarians, are a better future for Quel'Thalas. Both Umbric and Alleria indeed mentioned many times how they wish to bring Quel'Thalas back into the fold, recently Shaw noted that Alleria stated Quel'Thalas would once again stand by the Alliance, although it's unclear whether that's just idealism/optimism or something that she saw in an actual vision. Indeed the Void Lords gave her visions and whispers, telling her that the throne of Silvermoon belongs to her by right. Regardless the Ren'dorei seek to reunite with their former kin, so it makes sense that they would set up a base of operations in Quel'Thalas to put the reunification process into motion.

- The Geographical location: Deatholme is the southernmost settlement in all of Quel'Thalas and is also close to the sea, making it a primary stronghold for the Alliance should they wish to reclaim lands in Quel'Thalas (we know that Turalyon seeks to reclaim former Alliance holdings, like Stromgarde. Quel'Thalas would count as one such holding). With Deatholme so close to the sea it can receive naval support from the Alliance, with it so close to the Thalassian borders it can be reinforced quickly from the south (it was said that Stromgarde was the gateway to attacking Quel'Thalas, the Alliance now controls it), and with a massive mountain range at its back Deatholme cannot be surrounded or cornered.

- The Ren'dorei are a playable race, the San'layn are not; this already means that the Ren'dorei by default should get that location over a non-playable/fancanon race.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Just had an interesting thought. Ghostlands already has the dark vibe, what if it became some sort of void lands, and Deathlome was destroyed and rebuilt into a new void city .. dunno what the story would be (example of possibilities: 1. maybe the void elves wage a massive war against the void ethereals trying to take the Sunwell and Silvermoon and Ghostlands becomes some void heavy zone - or 2. maybe the alliance launch a campaign to retake Silvermoon, and they occupy up to Ghostlands and it becomes some new warfront type warzone, with the warfront section half in the newly renamed Voidlands and half in the sunny part of Eversong woods, Or 3. maybe it's a peaceful negotiation because of troubles with the void and they return their to help making it their base of operations.

Or

Would you prefer the San'layn become the next Blood elf allied race in the round 2 releases, with Deatholme rebuilt into a massive necropolis as the San'layn relocate from Icecrown citadel (they built from Saronite with scourge slave labour) and returned to Quel'thalas occupying the blighted/scarred side of Ghostlands in a revamp. You can also imagine the story here. Powerful San'layn ruler makes move on Quel'thalas, but renegade San'layn work with blood elves to foil the plan, end up staying in Ghostlands half to manage scourge left overs and any foreseeable trouble 2. Peaceful vision, San'layn fully join the horde, and move into Quel'thalas to help strengthen horde control against fears of alliance attacks.

Which would you prefer?
    Exciting Development for Quel'thalas
    I think the alliance should try to take Silvermoon , with high elves of the Silver Covenant and Void elves leading the charge, it's pretty even, in a race, that has the alliance nearly overwhelm, but horde reinformcents arrive and fight back, and so it goes back and forth, but then the Ethereals from the void attack.. the elves have a choice, either continue fighting or work together as the only way to save the Sunwell and basically Azeroth from being overrun and overtaken by the void.

They sign a truce, the void elves attack from the void realm surrounding Quel'thalas, the high elves and blood elves lead the alliance and horde forces in protecting Silvermoon and the Sunwell.

The day is saved. The elves convene.. whatever their different views, one thing is clear, Quel'thalas and the Sunwell must never fall neither must their allegiances to either faction cause elves to spill blood or fight on this land.

Quel'thalas is declared sacred land for all elves, and both groups vow to protect it.. the high elves would manage the alliance, and the blood elves the horde, no one may enter Quel'thalas except by leave of the council, with each factional group taking care and being responsible for visitors.. violating the truth or spilling blood is punishable by permanent banishment (alliance side), and death by execution (horde side).. the void elves are vital for the defence of Silvermoon, they take up residence in the void realm and defend Quel'thalas from there.

Where the void elves fit in
    You can now enter void zone of Quel'thalas (which is essentially like a shadow version or emerald dream version except purple, and here the same structures exist, but in a different phase.. you find the void elves have later added their own style to the towers and buildings of Silvermoon and quel'danas in the void realm). - this is also their new capital. Blood elves and high elves share Silvermoon guarding it.

the animosity hasn't changed as such, but instead of killing each other, now the fight for the hearts and minds of the Thalassian people truly begin, almost like a pseudo political conflict.. sometimes it escalates into cold war, with some members of both factions wanting the other completely out and conversely some members of both factions wanting true and complete unity.

This is how void elves, high elves and blood elves return to Quel'thalas together, within the context of being in two opposite factions.. Ghostlands is mostly healed in the revamp and becomes a home for many high elves who live outside the city 9since most of the normal part of Eversong woods is blood elf.. although some families return to their family lands. Deatholme still remains a cursed place, where the San'layn will play a role in later and end up using it as a base of secret operations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    All of that seems a bit random and nonsensical to say the least.
    oh, lighten up and have some creative fun - the wow lore is so out there atm, very little comes across as non-sensical compared to it. Its a good chance to flex your creative muscles and pitch how you can make Quel'thalas more interesting.

my view is outside the main faction hubs, Capitals and other locations shoudl be utilised well to serve the story, they shoudl retain relevance, but some can be destroyed, rebuilt, shared, abandoned as the story needs. i do think the popular races with s trong identities should have capitals.. i.e. night elves, blood elves, Humans, orcs, Trolls, dwarves - i don't mind if elves have to share with each other or take over from the oppsoite faction in an already built capital, but there can be compelling stories to share.

As for the others, they can have different fates from abandoned to restored or destroyed. Since it's already gone through hell, I think Gilneas city should be returned, i also feel they should either salvage Kezan or replace it with Undermine, but having both could also work. Maybe Highmountain and Gnomeragan destroyed and these guys set up in Thunderbluff and Mechagon. maybe Echo isles gets rebuilt, or trolls there leave for Dazar'alor or Atal'Dazar.

Stuff happens,.. more down to earth stuff
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-06-15 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see the blood elves tolerating an Alliance capital one zone away from their own, never mind after all the struggling they've done to recapture and hold the Ghostlands from the Scourge, while dealing with night elves holding important runestones that were once used in Quel'Thalas's defense (and attacking any blood elves who get too close on sight), with only the Forsaken detachment and Horde adventurers for aid.

That said, since Shadowlands launch, there's been some odd activity in the world map around the Old Quel'Thalas zone and the uninstanced Stratholme area, with a very Void-y skybox. Perhaps the void elves can settle the territory there as a new Quel'Thalas: close to their former homeland but not so much so that it would inevitably draw ire and attacks while they're trying to settle and build.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Or

Which would you prefer?
    I prefer that the botanist's plant a new world tree, and that no trash in the service of the jailer or the alliance set foot in quel'thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I prefer that the botanist's plant a new world tree, and that no trash in the service of the jailer or the alliance set foot in quel'thalas
    The horde fangs are coming out.. I thought you were a neutralist like me. You were just pretending to like all elves weren't you.

A new world tree? You want Blood elf druids that bad? The boanists would need a serious escalation or rise in their nature magic skills to do that, it takes night elves and ancients of incredible power working to do a world tree.

ofc you could do it if you were an Aspect and had the power of the well of eternity to fuel and feed your massive growth
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-06-15 at 03:03 PM.

It should also be noted that, according to the Three Sisters comic that came out shortly before the start of BfA, the Ghostlands and in particular the Windrunner village were still overrun with the Undead Scourge, which the Three Sisters had to fight through to get to their ancestral home. So the Ghostlands are still not secured and in Sin'dorei's hands, since the wilderness and even important places like the Windrunner village remain infested with ghouls and skeletons.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It should also be noted that, according to the Three Sisters comic that came out shortly before the start of BfA, the Ghostlands and in particular the Windrunner village were still overrun with the Undead Scourge, which the Three Sisters had to fight through to get to their ancestral home. So the Ghostlands are still not secured and in Sin'dorei's hands, since the wilderness and even important places like the Windrunner village remain infested with ghouls and skeletons.
    Did you have a look at my version? In that story, void elves are actually fully in Quel'thalas

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the reaction of the Sunwell to Void Presence, any notion of the Void Elves having any involvement in the general proximity of the Sunwell as a defensive force is a non-starter. As for the idea of a void realm in or around Silvermoon, it is again, a non-starter. Simply put, from a PvE/PvP gameplay point of view, having your enemies living right on top of you, albeit phased, stretches to it's limits even the current tangled mess that is wow canon.

If we're "fan fictioning" here, the only option that even half makes sense would be the Deatholme idea, and even that is a stretch, as I doubt there'd an appetite on the dev side to make such a change short of a massive revamp of the Azeroth game maps. The only other way I could see anything like this happening would be through the dissolution of the current faction divides, the that is quite unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The horde fangs are coming out.. I thought you were a neutralist like me. You were just pretending to like all elves weren't you.

A new world tree? You want Blood elf druids that bad? The boanists would need a serious escalation or rise in their nature magic skills to do that, it takes night elves and ancients of incredible power working to do a world tree.

ofc you could do it if you were an Aspect and had the power of the well of eternity to fuel and feed your massive growth
    you know that the high elves planted a world tree in that place right? they should be able to do it again
    I never ask that the territories of the alliance belong to the horde. I don't want trolls to conquer dwarf territories for example
    in the same way I want the horde to have its territories intact
    the alliance has territories and the horde has territories, and each must keep them
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-06-15 at 03:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Blood elves would probably rather shoot themselves in the head than have a void infested stronghold 5 minutes away from Silvermoon.

Formerly known as Arafal

San'layn would be best situated at Icecrown Citadel and Northrend, where the bulk of their forces and the host of their power is. If they still held any loyalty to a Lich King, even Bolvar, it'd behoove them to remain close to the Scourge's lexicon of power while they pretend to be associated with the Horde. Meanwhile, the Void Elves took their studies after Dath'remar, so Deatholme is better suited to the origins of the Void Elves if anything. I'd expect most of the corrupted Scourged lands in Eversong to be cleansed now that the Druids in the Plaguelands have figured out how to heal the lands of taint. But it's not like the Void Elves would be corrupting the land, either. Having a rift to their Void rift area within Deatholme, more likely. Contention between Void Elves and Blood Elves within Eversong seems likely.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-06-15 at 03:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Or

Which would you prefer?
    If they remake Ghostlands it would eventually regrown into a real high/blood elven forest in autumn colours.
    Void elves getting an own city looks kind of far stretched. I think the biggest impact they will have are some kind of invasion scenarios.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Honestly both sound like terrible ideas.
    Between the san'layn always being very few in number and recently being hunted to extinction, to having to share the vampiric theme with general blod magic and the venthyr there is really no reason to change Deatholme to something like that. Honestly turning it over to the forsaken or even the Ebon Blade makes far more sense.

The void idea is even more far fetched, especially considering how this expansion makes it abundantly clear that death and void are not at all interchangeable.

Also the void elves are very few in number as well, though unlike undead san'layn they can likely still reproduce,though both can convert (even if i'm not sure a san'layn can convert to something more than a thrall).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an idea right out of left field.

Don't like either.

Void elves should have their own things in Telogrus, such as a floating Citadel like Tempest Keep, but with Ren'dorei features.

Sanlayn are a wasted allied race slot. Give Blood Elves the red eyes and have a nice day. That's all you need.

I'd rather the land just gets restored for the Blood Elves since it was the Blood Elves, under the command of Dame Auriferous, the Forsaken, Farstriders and the Magisters, who finally defeated Drathir, the night elf invaders and by lore standards, it was the Horde who defeated the Amani Trolls during TBC.

Blizzard already stated years ago that because Azuremyst and Silvermoon are instanced it's too much trouble to update them (and this was during the world revamp) the likelihood blizzard are going to splurge to do nonstory related updates on these zones is pretty much zero.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too sure that belfs will allow dem blueberries anywhere near the Sunwell, especially after Bob kicked them out of Quel'thalas. If anything, Telogrus Rift might be expanded upon and made accessible from other places beyond SW.

As for a hypothetic San'layn race, they should definitely be based somewhere in Northrend. Hopefully a revamped one, even if the chances are around the .00000001% mark.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-06-15 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.