Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do we have any ingame screenshots or a video? if it is again cheap ass fortnite, valorant graphics it is hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Do we have any ingame screenshots or a video? if it is again cheap ass fortnite, valorant graphics it is hard pass.
    We won't for quite some time, they're still recruiting folks and doing pre-production work from the sound of it.

@Edge- not that I have any prejudice against riot, I am just so fed up with all these games having that same graphics. Well, one can hope at least.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    No, it was pretty much confirmed (Ghostcrawler on Twitter) to be prepared for the MMO.
    Could you link the tweet because that map is years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Could you link the tweet because that map is years old.
    The tweet you're asking about: https://twitter.com/ghostcrawler/sta...605632?lang=en

His Twitter page which literally says "EP of MMO project at Riot Games." at the top of his profile.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    On the one hand: they have plenty of experience in online multiplayer, balance, rpg-lite stuff and more.

On the other: they couldn't tell even a half-decent story if their lives depended on it.

If anyone could do it, it's them, and gameplay-wise they could definitely innovate in a positive way. But that story needs to be at least half decent for it to genuinely work as an mmo, in spite of all the naivity in regards to stuff like that.

So it has my curiosity, we'll see if it can earn my attention or even more.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The tweet you're asking about: https://twitter.com/ghostcrawler/sta...605632?lang=en

His Twitter page which literally says "EP of MMO project at Riot Games." at the top of his profile.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler
    Those don’t point to the map which came out in 2018. While it’s possible the map was made for the mmo it’s equally as possible that it’s just an over all lore guide and the mmo won’t use the whole thing which is why I’m asking if there is any confirmation about the map in of it self not rather the mmo will be league based.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    On the one hand: they have plenty of experience in online multiplayer, balance, rpg-lite stuff and more.

On the other: they couldn't tell even a half-decent story if their lives depended on it.

If anyone could do it, it's them, and gameplay-wise they could definitely innovate in a positive way. But that story needs to be at least half decent for it to genuinely work as an mmo, in spite of all the naivity in regards to stuff like that.

So it has my curiosity, we'll see if it can earn my attention or even more.
    Have you gone through there short story’s? I’d say most of them are pretty high quality I think some are even written by black library writers.

Those don’t point to the map which came out in 2018. While it’s possible the map was made for the mmo it’s equally as possible that it’s just an over all lore guide and the mmo won’t use the whole thing which is why I’m asking if there is any confirmation about the map in of it self not rather the mmo will be league based.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you gone through there short story’s? I’d say most of them are pretty high quality I think some are even written by black library writers.
    Yes, some of them might be half decent but we're talking about the whole here. And they're not even half as old as Blizzard yet in the few years i bothered with their work i already grew annoyed by all the retellings and retcons.

I mean if it were one story, well, then it would not be so hard, but an mmo requires a world.

Also i have no idea what black library means in this context, i hope it has nothing to do with skin color as american overemphasis on all things "race" related is tiring at the best of times.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-06-15 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, that was not clear in the singular context in which I read your post. I assumed you were referring to the MMO rather than asking about the map, cause I've not been following this thread much. I have no clue if that map is just a general one or going to actually be used in some way for the MMO. Sorry I can't aid you there. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Yes, some of them might be half decent but we're talking about the whole here. And they're not even half as old as Blizzard yet in the few years i bothered with their work i already grew annoyed by all the retellings and retcons.

I mean if it were one story, well, then it would not be so hard, but an mmo requires a world.
    the old lore was pretty much all memes it’s not really possible to make that into a proper world without a metric ton of retcons. While I haven’t gone through all of there story’s I can’t say any of the ones I’ve read have been low end when it comes to game writing.

As to the world in of it self id say the different settings (noxus, shadowisle, ect) are fleshed out really well and they just need to work on the connections between them.
    Also i have no idea what black library means in this context, i hope it has nothing to do with skin color as american overemphasis on all things "race" related is tiring at the best of times.
    Black library is the warhammer brand for there novels there pretty much un doubtably the best writers for fleshing out game lore with tons of books made to for the settings.

https://www.blacklibrary.com/
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-06-15 at 04:08 PM.

the old lore was pretty much all memes it’s not really possible to make that into a proper world without a metric ton of retcons. While I haven’t gone through all of there story’s I can’t say any of the ones I’ve read have been low end when it comes to game writing.

As to the world in of it self id say the different settings (noxus, shadowisle, ect) are fleshed out really well and they just need to work on the connections between them.

Black library is the warhammer brand for there novels there pretty much un doubtably the best writers for fleshing out game lore with tons of books made to for the settings.

They seem to be doing that with this page:
    https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/

They have a dropdown for "Alt Universe" so they're clearly differentiating some of the content from the "canon" universe they're establishing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They seem to be doing that with this page:
    https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/

They have a dropdown for "Alt Universe" so they're clearly differentiating some of the content from the "canon" universe they're establishing.
    Ya I believe most of that is where they put all there post world remake lore and you can use the region section to navigate the different settings which all paint rather good pictures though there mostly self contained.

The alt universes are for skin sets and are also rather well written but will likely be irrelevant to any actual story.

Seeing the name ghostcrawler.. i can say that game will fail.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never really been interested in LoL or any MOBA, but if it's good I may give it a shot. Not sure I can juggle 4 MMORPGS though, WoW and ESO are my mainstay mmos but if it's good enough it could bump off FFxiv as my 3rd wheel mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

I can't say i've ever been impressed with warhammer lore and stories, but i'll take your word for it that it's a dort of mark of quality.

Ghostcrawler teased something on twitter a couple days ago:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Extremely vague...but...is something i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'd rather be 'edgy' (does edgy in this context mean correct or?) than post pro-corporate Reddit tier 'Don't think jus CONSOOME' cringe 24/7. But I'm sure captain selfinsert thanks you for your service.

Here's Abnett
    Here comes Graham 'the spiritual liege' Mcneill
    A bit late to this bit of the party, but...

Graham mcneil has literally written stories that had reddit plastered all over them. He also has had multiple instances of forgetting he killed a character *chapters ago*. That is without getting into the fact that he has written books to murder the identity of a faction just to spite another person.

Not a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Bruh, black library authors are downright terribad. It is pulp fiction that is being paid on a per word basis. It doesn't get much better than middling YA stuff (josh reynolds' words, not mine).
    Last edited by Lord Kragan; 2022-08-15 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kragan View Post
    A bit late to this bit of the party, but...

Graham mcneil has literally written stories that had reddit plastered all over them. He also has had multiple instances of forgetting he killed a character *chapters ago*. That is without getting into the fact that he has written books to murder the identity of a faction just to spite another person.

Not a good example.

Bruh, black library authors are downright terribad. It is pulp fiction that is being paid on a per word basis. It doesn't get much better than middling YA stuff (josh reynolds' words, not mine).
    Black Library have some amazing authors dan abnett is one and he is probably one of the best in the buisness just read the gaunts ghost serie, many have worked for marvel and dc too for a long time take abnett and look at who wrote guardians of the galaxy he is also on the credits for the movies as a writer.

I mean if it's one thing Warhammer is known for it's the lore.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-08-15 at 12:54 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kragan View Post
    Black library easily has some Of the best writers in any game related media with people like Dan Abnett and William King, while they might not be on the level of pure fantasy writers like Terry Pratchett or brandon sanderson brandson they are unmatched in any thing related to games.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Black Library have some amazing authors dan abnett is one and he is probably one of the best in the buisness just read the gaunts ghost serie, many have worked for marvel and dc too for a long time take abnett and look at who wrote guardians of the galaxy he is also on the credits for the movies as a writer.

I mean if it's one thing Warhammer is known for it's the lore.
    Now that's just downright false, it's known for the funny figurines most of all and for the weird but funny (and usually very edgy) memes that seep out of the fandom every so often.

The lore seems shit, a bit like an underage edgy/grimdark coffee addicted teen with a penchant for american comic books wrote it.