Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Item with Forshadowing Whispers

Looks like we've got our new set ominous whispers for the expansion.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/whisper...ialogue-322841

Everliving Statuette: Hidden from daylight, a sleeping flame rests atop the sixth tree.
    Everliving Statuette: Hope. Betrayal. Sacrifice. Faces change. The tale does not.
    Everliving Statuette: So many secrets, so little time left to share them.
    Everliving Statuette: A city of secrets. A history of lies.
    Everliving Statuette: How many voices do you heed? How many are real?
    Everliving Statuette: The seventh covets what the six hold fast. The fulcrum wavers. All will be undone.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

I confess, "the seventh" has made me far more interested in this plot than I was before. I did not like it all too much before, but I am suddenly a little intrigued.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    One of WoW's enduring mysteries, for me at least, is just what are the hooded figures that adorn the Dark Portal for instance, and seem to be a repeated motif when it comes to ancient or inscrutable places. This little thing only deepens that mystery.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    One of WoW's enduring mysteries, for me at least, is just what are the hooded figures that adorn the Dark Portal for instance, and seem to be a repeated motif when it comes to ancient or inscrutable places. This little thing only deepens that mystery.
    With the new backstory of the dreadlords and them being around on Revendreth I figure they're a dreadlord architectural fixture. One of the other bits from Korthia center around a world of knowledge destroyed by the dreadlords, so they might originally come from there.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I get the feeling this might be forshadowing a twist that the pantheons are lying to us about Zovaal. Korthia having a history of lies, betrayal, which voices we heed being "real".
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I get the feeling this might be forshadowing a twist that the pantheons are lying to us about Zovaal. Korthia having a history of lies, betrayal, which voices we heed being "real".
    Even if they are, that doesn't justify Zovaal's actions imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    One of the other bits from Korthia center around a world of knowledge destroyed by the dreadlords, so they might originally come from there.
    That bit was changed to a rather generic text tho, its up in the air whether they are keeping that bit of lore or not.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That bit was changed to a rather generic text tho, its up in the air whether they are keeping that bit of lore or not.
    Was it? A damn shame, that bit was far more interesting than the short blurb that replaced it. If they couldn't be bothered to extend the others to match they should've kept that one longer as a one-off instead of making it more bland.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the six are the major cosmic forces of the universe (Light, Void, Order, Disorder, Life, Death) then could this "seventh" be an entirely new cosmic force not yet revealed? Or maybe not necessarily a cosmic force but some form of power/energy/magic on the scale of the cosmic forces?

Or it could be referring to the Eternal Ones and a mysterious seventh Eternal One...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    If the six are the major cosmic forces of the universe (Light, Void, Order, Disorder, Life, Death) then could this "seventh" be an entirely new cosmic force not yet revealed? Or maybe not necessarily a cosmic force but some form of power/energy/magic on the scale of the cosmic forces?

Or it could be referring to the Eternal Ones and a mysterious seventh Eternal One...
    Being an object found in Korthia, and one referring to Korthia (at least in part), I would imagine it is referring to the Eternal Ones as opposed to the whatever the greater powers are in the WoW metacosm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    With the new backstory of the dreadlords and them being around on Revendreth I figure they're a dreadlord architectural fixture. One of the other bits from Korthia center around a world of knowledge destroyed by the dreadlords, so they might originally come from there.
    Perhaps, although barring artistic license they don't really look like Dreadlords.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Everliving Statuette: The seventh covets what the six hold fast. The fulcrum wavers. All will be undone.
    Who are the six. World trees? The 5 "leaders" plus Elune? The five leaders plus the Arbiter? Or a yet to be introduced sixth force with the Jailer as the Seventh. Or just referring to seven dread lords with maybe Lothraxion being the "Seventh" that is no longer holding fast. Interesting riddles but doesn't seem to be as good as the N'zoth/last ones.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

damn, the first time im actually intrigued by the "whisper macguffin" of an expansion.

much of il'gynoths, xal'ataths varimathras's and n'zoths stuff was pretty straight-forward in the end, and most people guessed it right from the beginning.

this is more mysterious, because we don't even know what that statue is/who the robed figures represent.

the "seventh" is the most interesting.
    what 7 things?
    the cosmic powers themselves, and theres a hidden seventh?
    the eternal ones, and theres a hidden seventh (possibly buried in the sepulcher)?
    the titan pantheon, and its about sargeras?

or, my personal favourite, what if there were 7 first ones. 6 of them stand for the 6 cosmic powers. but the seventh was left out. thats why he "covets what they hold". they hold the cosmic powers, while he doesnt have one.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Who are the six. World trees? The 5 "leaders" plus Elune? The five leaders plus the Arbiter? Or a yet to be introduced sixth force with the Jailer as the Seventh. Or just referring to seven dread lords with maybe Lothraxion being the "Seventh" that is no longer holding fast. Interesting riddles but doesn't seem to be as good as the N'zoth/last ones.
    The Jailer and the Arbiter are both part of the Eternal Ones, they count as one Pantheon.

It would be 6 Eternal Ones (Primus, Queen, Arbiter, Archon, Jailer, Sire/now Prince) + another figure if its about them.

Formerly known as Arafal

I love this kinda stuff.

They'll pull a reveal out their ass, but it's fun to go like "oooooh what could this all meeeeeean?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    The Jailer and the Arbiter are both part of the Eternal Ones, they count as one Pantheon. It would be 6 Eternal Ones (Primus, Queen, Arbiter, Archon, Jailer, Sire/now Prince) + another figure if its about them.
    That would seem to fit Elune as the seventh one then. She is referred to as a sister to the winter queen. It would be an interesting twist if Elune turns out to be a bad guy and maybe that is what Sylvanas wants everyone to be free from and saw the Jailer as a means to an end.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Jailer and the Arbiter are both part of the Eternal Ones, they count as one Pantheon.

It would be 6 Eternal Ones (Primus, Queen, Arbiter, Archon, Jailer, Sire/now Prince) + another figure if its about them.
    Ironic how you missed Elune with that signature!

For me, It's hard to discuss and engage lore of a game that retcons and changes it every other expansion or book. It really took away any of my excitement, unfortunately.

Why are people calling Elune an Eternal One? I get she's the Winter Queen's sister but I don't think it works like that. She's part of the Pantheon of Life and would be called something different eventually if ever we go there.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That would seem to fit Elune as the seventh one then. She is referred to as a sister to the winter queen. It would be an interesting twist if Elune turns out to be a bad guy and maybe that is what Sylvanas wants everyone to be free from and saw the Jailer as a means to an end.
    Quote Originally Posted by leothar View Post
    Ironic how you missed Elune with that signature!
    Elune is already being established as part of the Life Pantheon, and there is absolutely nothing indicating that she is that malevolent.

Nor would that be a particularly wise decision considering their handling of anything related to Night elves and peoples outrage about it.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Elune is already being established as part of the Life Pantheon, and there is absolutely nothing indicating that she is that malevolent.
    Being established as is not the same as already though. The Night Warrior part of Elune clearly indicates that she can be malevolent when needed. I get why you don't think it would be a wise decision but there really isn't any reason why it can't happen. People are outraged over anything these days.