View Poll Results: 9.1 Arrives 20th July?

Voters
171. This poll is closed
  • For Sure

56 32.75%
  • Hell Nah

57 33.33%
  • Dude, Where's my car?

58 33.92%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You probably meant the opposite, because blizzard is fully aware they are a step away from falling from grace. They have more competition than ever and each of those new games, even if not as big may chip away playerbase.
    This.

Back then Guild Wars, SWTOR, Aion, Wildstar etc broke their teeth because WoW was still such a popular and GOOD game. Not anymore (imo). That stopped at the end of Legion. I guess Sargeras stabbing Azeroth with his sword was more than a symbol for the game. After BFA Blizz had to deliver for SL. They did not.

I moved to FF14 for now and there is not much from WoW i am missing so far tbh. Beside the nostalgia of the great king of the MMOs it once was.

For me WoW has never been in such a weak position in its history. I hope competition will make them move away from e-sports and bring back the RPG in MMORPG for wow.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2021-06-15 at 08:56 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Well it depends on what 9.2 will actually be, I can easily see 9.2 being a small patch to kill of SL or get something B.S out to counter EW..
    Well it IS true we don't know how much stuff it will have, but the speed of patches don't inspire much confidence. At this point it would be better to accept that Endwalker will be a huge hit and try to release something when there is a lull in content. A 3 and a half month wait is expected. So 9.2 in January would probably be a win for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Is WoW so fucking down low that it's now afraid of a BETA? DDDDD
    Not afraid, but smart. There is a whole team just to calculate the best date to release any kind of content. "It's done when it's done." is nothing but a lie.

I'm not sure that it would be a good idea. In the past sure but a lot of people have lost faith in Blizzard so them releasing their content at the same time as a competitor could actually hurt them financially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Is WoW so fucking down low that it's now afraid of a BETA? DDDDD
    That's just some silly speculation by some rando poster.

Also, being afraid of New World? Cmon, bruv... If it was like new FFXIV expansion, I'd understand. But New fucking World, omehalul? Yeah... no.

Damn, I can't wait to see the new "WoW-Killer" in full action. Gonna be as funny as the last 100 times.

But comparing a Patch (not even a new Addon) to a beta (no even a full release) is kinda meh. You know, only pre-order people get 100% a key. So if you are interested in NW and you bought it, you'll gonna play the beta. If you don't care about it, you won't. If you enter the giveaway and don't get a key, it doesn't even matter to you. Simple as that.

But hey, releasing a Game/Patch close to summer (at least here) isn't something very new or groundbreaking. Just like releases close to Christmas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    Damn, I can't wait to see the new "WoW-Killer" in full action. Gonna be as funny as the last 100 times.

But comparing a Patch (not even a new Addon) to a beta (no even a full release) is kinda meh. You know, only pre-order people get 100% a key. So if you are interested in NW and you bought it, you'll gonna play the beta. If you don't care about it, you won't. If you enter the giveaway and don't get a key, it doesn't even matter to you. Simple as that.

But hey, releasing a Game/Patch close to summer (at least here) isn't something very new or groundbreaking. Just like releases close to Christmas.
    The WOW killer is Blizzard itself. WOW keeps hitting new lows.

I have lots of problems with BFA and Shadowlands too, but Legion was downright excellent and it didn't expand the playerbase over time either. Reality is WoW is a very old game and people are naturally moving away from it. That will continue regardless; high quality updates will slow it down, crappy ones speed it up, but ultimately the trend will continue downwards. And that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well it IS true we don't know how much stuff it will have, but the speed of patches don't inspire much confidence. At this point it would be better to accept that Endwalker will be a huge hit and try to release something when there is a lull in content. A 3 and a half month wait is expected. So 9.2 in January would probably be a win for Blizzard.
    Well they did give us the "glorified Bug Fix" as a content patch and then followed it up with a shallow 6.2 so I dont put it past them to try something like this again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    ...Place your bets here!
    WTF is New World Beta?... (A few Googles later)... A Rust knock off? Yeah, I doubt they would even consider it competition. Going by your original post logic: November 23rd... that is the release date (a Tuesday) for Final Fantasy: Endwalker.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2021-06-15 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    so they will release a broken patch just to try and screw over a new game...how low blizz has sunk....
    Are you new to this game? They are doing this since Warhammer online, age of conan days...

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    20th July is New World beta which is also conveniently a Tuesday... And we know how Blizzard like to stifle the competition... So who's betting 9.1 is 20th July?

Place your bets here!
    I would put very good money on this being accurate. Hell want some real psychic knowledge? I can tell you 9.1.5 is November 23rd which is the date FF14 releases their next expansion. Hell a cherry on top they will probably give an update to TBC also.

Blizzard is extremely predictable when it comes to this stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Given the track record of Amazon I think it is a little bold to label New World anything close to something Blizzard should worry about.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It isn't 2009. Blizzard is fully aware they have no real competition in the MMO space.
    Watch out before the FF fanatics jump on you and try to argue their game is the best MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    New World seems amazing. I'll probably pre-order it
    That's kinda nasty.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Given the track record of Amazon I think it is a little bold to label New World anything close to something Blizzard should worry about.
    It doesn't matter. Activision marketing is extremely petty. The literal name of the plane of death was changed so that when you search Shadow and MMO in Google Shadowlands would pop up and not Shadowbringers.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...rld_of_Shadows <--- This expansion was supposed to be called World of Shadows because is the only mention of it in Burning Crusade prior to all this new lore and myth created out of thin air that completely goes against everything we learned in Wrath.

Don’t buy that for a second tbh

Just saw the New world trailer. I bet Blizzard are laughing and are not worried at all.

Blizzard naturally exploited us with a decade of player metrics and behavior. We were grandfathered into their 'new world'.

Amazon seems to have paid a comittee to build an mmo to the lowest bidder for maximum return from the get-go.

Word is that 9.1 is getting the same treatment as Shadowlands itself ie delayed. From what I'm hearing we're looking at a likely September or early October release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    WTF is New World Beta?... (A few Googles later)... A Rust knock off? Yeah, I doubt they would even consider it competition. Going by your original post logic: November 23rd... that is the release date (a Tuesday) for Final Fantasy: Endwalker.

Idk wtf is wrong with your google client but New World is absolutely not a Rust knock off. And just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean others are not, it is one of the first big budget AAA mmorpgs to release in about 6 years. So yeah there is a lot of hype for it and Blizzard will absolutely try to do something for it's release.

Assuming they want 9.2 out this year I could totally see them doing 9.1 July 20th, 9.1.5 August 31st (New World release) and 9.2 November 23rd.
    Now obviously I don't actually expect them to have 9.2 ready this year, but I bet blizzard would love to do that.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    It doesn't matter. Activision marketing is extremely petty. The literal name of the plane of death was changed so that when you search Shadow and MMO in Google Shadowlands would pop up and not Shadowbringers. https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...rld_of_Shadows <--- This expansion was supposed to be called World of Shadows because is the only mention of it in Burning Crusade prior to all this new lore and myth created out of thin air that completely goes against everything we learned in Wrath.
    You can believe a conspiracy theory if you want but that doesn't make it true. There is nothing to indicate that the name Shadowlands exists just to spite Final Fantasy. A quest from TBC doesn't indicate anything at all. If Activision Blizzard (it's not activision by the way) marketing is extremely petty then why would they go for a Beta date and not the actual games release date?

Amazon hasn't had a good track record with game development. Their other title was released, taken back into beta, then cancelled. Other attempts haven't met release. It is no where near the need for pettiness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrolling View Post
    Word is that 9.1 is getting the same treatment as Shadowlands itself ie delayed. From what I'm hearing we're looking at a likely September or early October release date.
    Lol. That is not even a little believable given the state of the PTR currently.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."