Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    One thing I believe is very appealing of Nightborne choosing to join the BE's is that it shows that political affiliation is a lot more relevant than "race". That just gives the world more nuance, it doesn't presume Nightborne "should" reunite with the kaldorei/are part of the kaldorei storyline, that they have some sort of in universe agency of choosing what of their kind to follow.

But that brings us to the HE/BE schism, which is kinda the point of this thread. The whole point of the discussion is that HE's exemplify how not every member of a society would follow its leaders, how dissent grows and splinter groups are formed. Modern High Elves are the dissenting faction of their mainstream that came about a very volatile political moment, which is very similar to the NB situation.

We could make the case that NB got pretty into unity after Elisande's rule, but it's just hard to believe everyone would be on board with such a polarizing decision -choose a side- without any dissent, specially after Elisande's iron fist. Is it Thalyssra just more of the same then? The fact that there's no dissent, no exploration of any number of NB dissatisfied with joining the Horde just feels eerily similar to the boat High Elves are in, just more acknowledged by the narrative.

But that's the thing, besides Pandaren, WoW has done so little to address this political nuance within the "races", when so much depth could be added by showing that not every "race" has the same politics. And it's not just a possibility; we keep seeing these groups pop around the world(s), it's a certain part of the narrative, one that has never been able to be experienced by the PC, now only *tangentially* with VE's being able to look closer to HE's.

Perfect case scenario for me, we get more AR's that cross this faction divide -and as AR's should be, they would be easy to implement with reused assets-

Dream scenario? A group of dissenting Nightborne officially join the Alliance, but Suramar (city and zone) strive to remain neutral for elfdom, even when the government -and most of the city proper- is still Horde Aligned -Sorta like Quel'danas- it would allow Suramar to expand its cultural and commercial influence in a manner similar to goblins.

That group of Alliance Nightborne could ally with the remaining Moon Guard and Highborne and reclaim the Moon Guard Stronghold, and set it up as finally a new arcane cultural center for the alliance leaning Highborne and its descendants, and this is where the Alliance NB AR would start.

I like the Horde/Alliance conflict as a back drop, but I don't think it should be the only political axis in the world, and I'd love that we had kaldorei/highborne politics
    happening concurrently. Horde an Alliance still being a thing, but becoming less of the predominant exterior relationships codifier. Like, Night Elves and NB do join their respective factions in battle, but their new treaties prevent them from adding their forces -officially at least- to conflicts into each other's territories.

I guess I just really want more politic complexity.
    I agree that this faction shifts give some fresh air to the storytelling, or at least have potential to do so. The problem is that Blizzard is reluctant to use this potential. Just look at BfA. This expansion could look very different storywise. Large global war and recruiting of new allies to your faction is definitely one of the best times to delve into racial stories. Blizzard told us that BfA will be faction pride expansion. I mean, they definitely had the effort, but it ended up really awkward eventually and I think a lot of their plans were rushed in favor of Shadowlands.

The main problem is that WoW storyline is narrated through very few repeating characters. Whole BfA was mostly Sylvanas, Anduin and Jaina showdown. Everything gravitated around these characters. Shadowlands main Jailer plot once again use these characters (and few more). That huge focus on individual characters leave less space for building spotlight for races. That also lead to most races feel undeveloped for years, lacking any progress, any new significant characters beside faction leaders (if your race is even lucky enough to have one) and overall static world where only 3-5 people are doing something grand and the rest is just following.

In BfA, each race had chance to express their part in the world and deal with/or ignite some new racial issues. The only races which got some attention were kul tirans/zandalari, mostly only because their nations were part of the central story of the expansion. Until this approach in storytelling change, we will never have meaningful racial stories and development. Look, even humans are stucked in one place, with most of the spotlight going directly to Anduin and his personal story. Sylvanas leaving Forsaken left them with almost no established characters to lead them, so Lilian and Calia, previously neutral characters, had to be pushed into Forsaken ranks.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-06-15 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I think void elves could have happened exactly when they did, only I think their origin story needed to be different and happen during the legion expansion rather than after.

Just a hypothetical here but, what if some of the high elves that were at the Suramar siege had included Umbric, had a bigger role, and followed along to Argus. Now let's say that during the Argus story these high elves are involved in a similar event to the current void elf unlock scenario, but instead of Umbric and friends being in pursuit of knowledge about the void, they were simply swept up in Durzaan's trap as bait for Alleria. Alleria and the player rescue those elves but they are in a tenuous state that requires constant care. Locus Walker keeps them stable, but Alleria needs more power to save them. So Alleria's arc on Argus becomes two-fold. To get that piece of the crown from the temple, and take L'ura's power to save the afflicted high elves.

She saves them, the Argussian Reach reputation is unlocked, and we see the newly minted void elves helping the fight against the Legion for the rest of the expansion. Then BfA pre-patch happens and we get an entirely new unlock scenario, perhaps involving the claiming of Telogrus as the new void elf base of operations and providing some exposition on Alleria and Locus Walker teaching these void elves how to master their newfound power.

For a bit further hypothesizing, during BfA the void elves could have played a bigger role during the N'zoth patch, and when SL pre-patch came with the new customization and death knights for all, then the high elf wayfarer npc's could have been added to Telogrus and explained by saying they are people who experience N'zoth's visions and sought to master the void rather than be overwhelmed by it, thus joining Alleria's cause. That ties up a lot of the loose ends void elves are currently saddled with.

Something like the above fiction would have felt more organic (at least to me). The initial batch of void elves would have been present during legion for at least as long as the lightforged prior to unlock, the Argussian Reach rep would have made sense as a requirement for them, their origin and the groundwork for future recruits would have been clearly established, and as a bonus, the initial batch of void elves would have been comprised of actual alliance high elves rather than renegade horde blood elves.
    Nice read. I’m not sure I’d have liked that better but interesting to see how you would build in the actual lore they gave to flesh it out and make it more involving.

What if they gave the void elves a level 1-20 seeing they are the only allied race that has no previous lore or dedicated zone to build on. How would you flesh out or expand their story to properly show them in an opening zone?

Highmountain had the whole Highmountain quest line
    Nightborne - heavy involvement in a full zone for 7.0 and full 7.1 focus
    Lightforged - active through all of 7.3 even tho their focus was a bit off ie not like Highmountain who were the centre of their zone
    Zandalari - basically 3 zones and 2 patches on them
    Kul’tirans - Wc2 lore, classic involvement, 3 BFA zones
    Mag’har Orcs - 2 expansion focuses ie TBC and WoD
    Dark Iron Dwarves: 2 zone focus (Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes, also massive dungeon BRD and integral in Dearf starting story.
    Mechagon Gnomes: intro in game story and a small zone with full sequence quest lines and mega dungeon + full reputation
    Vulpera: Vol’dun zone to properly build their story.

Void elves get intro quest to join like all allied races. It’s not extensive or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Nice read. I’m not sure I’d have liked that better but interesting to see how you would build in the actual lore they gave to flesh it out and make it more involving.

What if they gave the void elves a level 1-20 seeing they are the only allied race that has no previous lore or dedicated zone to build on. How would you flesh out or expand their story to properly show them in an opening zone?

Highmountain had the whole Highmountain quest line
    Nightborne - heavy involvement in a full zone for 7.0 and full 7.1 focus
    Lightforged - active through all of 7.3 even tho their focus was a bit off ie not like Highmountain who were the centre of their zone
    Zandalari - basically 3 zones and 2 patches on them
    Kul’tirans - Wc2 lore, classic involvement, 3 BFA zones
    Mag’har Orcs - 2 expansion focuses ie TBC and WoD
    Dark Iron Dwarves: 2 zone focus (Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes, also massive dungeon BRD and integral in Dearf starting story.
    Mechagon Gnomes: intro in game story and a small zone with full sequence quest lines and mega dungeon + full reputation
    Vulpera: Vol’dun zone to properly build their story.

Void elves get intro quest to join like all allied races. It’s not extensive or longer.
    I personally don't think giving void elves a 1-20 experience would be fair to other allied races. I also won't say my hypothetical scenario is the best way void elves could have been integrated but it surely feels a damn sight better than what we ended up getting.

That's not to say blizzard can't fix what's wrong with void elves currently. All they really have to do is give us some in game mention of just how the new recruits are gaining their powers, and maybe some dialogue blurbs from the wayfarers and scholars giving us an idea of their motivations for joining the void elves that go beyond just "a path denied is now open to us" which, while vague and brief, may not be out of place for the scholars, but certain makes little sense for the wayfarers. After that, void elves need some foundational elements laid so we know who they want to be (as a people), what their goals are going forward, and how that integrates with, not only the alliance as a whole, but their alliance high elven kin in particular.

What I would like to see is all allied races being given the choice to either start at 10 in the typical starting area for that allied race, or being able to start at 1 and get to 10 through the exile's reach starting experience.

I personally don't think giving void elves a 1-20 experience would be fair to other allied races. I also won't say my hypothetical scenario is the best way void elves could have been integrated but it surely feels a damn sight better than what we ended up getting.

That's not to say blizzard can't fix what's wrong with void elves currently. All they really have to do is give us some in game mention of just how the new recruits are gaining their powers, and maybe some dialogue blurbs from the wayfarers and scholars giving us an idea of their motivations for joining the void elves that go beyond just "a path denied is now open to us" which, while vague and brief, may not be out of place for the scholars, but certain makes little sense for the wayfarers. After that, void elves need some foundational elements laid so we know who they want to be (as a people), what their goals are going forward, and how that integrates with, not only the alliance as a whole, but their alliance high elven kin in particular.

What I would like to see is all allied races being given the choice to either start at 10 in the typical starting area for that allied race, or being able to start at 1 and get to 10 through the exile's reach starting experience.
    Do you think they should have given allied races an option to do 1-10?

Would a 1-10 for void elves only be unfair given ALL the other allied races have zones of far more time required to explore them?

Or should they rather give void elves a level 70 zone next expac that effectively does the same thing. Make it detailed and expansive, almost suramar style.

Maybe something that invovled a new void elf capital whether it's a pure voi elf city, a re-purposed city or sharing with Silvermoon or even Deatholme rebuilt into a void elf city (that would be an interesting option.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Adding blood elves to the Horde was kind of unexpected and it shifted the image of Horde greatly. I can remember blood elves not being accepted warmly at first. They become quickly popular though. As for me, I think it hurted Horde integrity by adding highly civilized and sophisticated race to the primal and wild faction. I don't mean Horde can't have these features, but compare let's say Zandalari and High elves and tell what fits with the image of the Horde more.

Personal biases aside, blood elves are Horde race now. That's a fact. Elves are not faction specific thing anymore. Everybody should accept that. There is no point fighting that. Night elves and blood elves made their way to their perspective factions. Nightborne actually offer very little new to the Horde (it already have aristocratic magic oriented elves), on the other hand, they could open very interesting posibilties alongside kaldorei. It would be actually pretty nice reunification and culmination of kaldorei storyline. On the Horde.... not that much. San'layn on the Horde would be in similar position of two distanced groups of same nation getting together and overoming their differences.

So yes, I would still accept Alliance Nightborne and Horde San'layn.

Good observations. It makes my theory even more possible

Yes, some of us eventually find void elves cool. They have their potential. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't say I'm very satisfied with them, I'd still welcome some more customization options for them, but I generaly like them so far. As you say, lack of lore is definitely one of the biggest issues with the race.
    forsaken joined the horde in vanilla who are a highly advanced society (undead humans)

goblins literally have mechs, space rockets, and beam weapons

Do you think they should have given allied races an option to do 1-10?

Would a 1-10 for void elves only be unfair given ALL the other allied races have zones of far more time required to explore them?

Or should they rather give void elves a level 70 zone next expac that effectively does the same thing. Make it detailed and expansive, almost suramar style.

Maybe something that invovled a new void elf capital whether it's a pure voi elf city, a re-purposed city or sharing with Silvermoon or even Deatholme rebuilt into a void elf city (that would be an interesting option.
    I think the starting experience formula for all the allied race is fine as is, but I'd like the option for all of the to start at 1 in exile's reach if desired. The issue for void is is more in regards to their lack of existence prior to unlock, and their unlock scenario and origin, but that ship has sailed.

What I'd like to see blizz do in Telogrus is to add some npc's or clickable/readable books that offer some lore about how new recruits are gaining their powers and some of the motivations for these elves joining the ren'dorei. I'd also like to see Telogrus built up eventually and have actual buildings instead of just a few tents, but I wouldn't expect much focus on Telogrus art assets unless an expansion makes it relevant to the game as a whole. Dropping a few npc's and/or readable books is a lot easier (and less time consuming) to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Is quiet simple: People only like to play the "Cute Princess". There is an epidemic of "I want to be a cute female waifus".

"Normal" people would play the other races based on "that" character looks awesome (like the people playing undead or troll), others just go for their horny desires.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes i did.
    I don't think they ever cared about male: female balance, just horde:alliance balance back then which they don't care about anymore, and getting more players into the game.

if a race could bring more females into the game, then that's more players, assuming the males still play, it's a growth as the other gender start playing more. but most males brought their girls tot he game if I recall, most guys got their girlfriends playing wow.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the starting experience formula for all the allied race is fine as is, but I'd like the option for all of the to start at 1 in exile's reach if desired. The issue for void is is more in regards to their lack of existence prior to unlock, and their unlock scenario and origin, but that ship has sailed.

What I'd like to see blizz do in Telogrus is to add some npc's or clickable/readable books that offer some lore about how new recruits are gaining their powers and some of the motivations for these elves joining the ren'dorei. I'd also like to see Telogrus built up eventually and have actual buildings instead of just a few tents, but I wouldn't expect much focus on Telogrus art assets unless an expansion makes it relevant to the game as a whole. Dropping a few npc's and/or readable books is a lot easier (and less time consuming) to do.
    Man, you guys aim low.. you'd be content with just NPC info? Rather than an actual zone and some serious quests/lore?

I can see why alliance doesn't get much, you guys don't push for what you want.. you're so patient and considerate to the development team. And I'm sure they appreciate it, and show that appreciation with slow development for your faction..after all, alliance fans don't mind

Hello, Friendly PSA: High Elves still dont exist. Only pale V O I D elves do.

Source: Character portrait mousover, Heritage Amor.

Man, you guys aim low.. you'd be content with just NPC info? Rather than an actual zone and some serious quests/lore?

I can see why alliance doesn't get much, you guys don't push for what you want.. you're so patient and considerate to the development team. And I'm sure they appreciate it, and show that appreciation with slow development for your faction..after all, alliance fans don't mind
    I'm being realistic and asking for something that has a higher likelihood of being given.

Asking for Telogrus to be turned into a full fledged capital city isn't realistic and goes beyond the scope of what allied race were intended to be. It also has nothing to do with being alliance or horde. I play both and make all my requests with a low bar because that's the most likely to gain traction. Asking for complicated/time consuming things to be added, especially for only a single race/faction has a very low chance of being given unless its during a time when all races are getting that kind of attention.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm being realistic and asking for something that has a higher likelihood of being given.

Asking for Telogrus to be turned into a full fledged capital city isn't realistic and goes beyond the scope of what allied race were intended to be. It also has nothing to do with being alliance or horde. I play both and make all my requests with a low bar because that's the most likely to gain traction. Asking for complicated/time consuming things to be added, especially for only a single race/faction has a very low chance of being given unless its during a time when all races are getting that kind of attention.
    This basically. It's a matter of the time and resources they have available to them for prioritizing what to put in and the more specific an ask the harder it becomes to get implemented due to those aforementioned restrictions. Steve Danuser practically said this is an interview when the Shadowlands customizations got revealed. That they frankly wouldn't have been able to give all those customizations if they had to explain in lore/writing every single one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I agree that this faction shifts give some fresh air to the storytelling, or at least have potential to do so. The problem is that Blizzard is reluctant to use this potential. Just look at BfA. This expansion could look very different storywise. Large global war and recruiting of new allies to your faction is definitely one of the best times to delve into racial stories. Blizzard told us that BfA will be faction pride expansion. I mean, they definitely had the effort, but it ended up really awkward eventually and I think a lot of their plans were rushed in favor of Shadowlands.

The main problem is that WoW storyline is narrated through very few repeating characters. Whole BfA was mostly Sylvanas, Anduin and Jaina showdown. Everything gravitated around these characters. Shadowlands main Jailer plot once again use these characters (and few more). That huge focus on individual characters leave less space for building spotlight for races. That also lead to most races feel undeveloped for years, lacking any progress, any new significant characters beside faction leaders (if your race is even lucky enough to have one) and overall static world where only 3-5 people are doing something grand and the rest is just following.

In BfA, each race had chance to express their part in the world and deal with/or ignite some new racial issues. The only races which got some attention were kul tirans/zandalari, mostly only because their nations were part of the central story of the expansion. Until this approach in storytelling change, we will never have meaningful racial stories and development. Look, even humans are stucked in one place, with most of the spotlight going directly to Anduin and his personal story. Sylvanas leaving Forsaken left them with almost no established characters to lead them, so Lilian and Calia, previously neutral characters, had to be pushed into Forsaken ranks.
    It just really reminds me how much work leveling zones did to flesh out the races identities, but how little we end up seeing beyond that, because the story really doesn't focus on the world as a whole, just on a certain storyline, on a certain area.

We really kinda need another "revamp" that puts the world front and center once again, and what bugs me a lot is that "a faction conflict" expansion would have been perfect for that, yet we spent all that time limited to the war as seen on a couple of isles, while the whole rest of the conflict was only seen through mission table reports.

Really makes me wonder if it was a good idea to merge the faction conflict expansion with the usual "new continent, new adventure" fare. MoP worked better, because it kinda continued the conflict as presented on Cata, we knew, we leveled through it as a whole, with Pandaria becoming the latest theater of conflict, that slowly escalated into its resolution, but it was really the narrative work of two expansions. BfA tried to do too much and perhaps focused on the wrong things, because even if Zandalar and Kul Tiras were great leveling experience, their relevance to the war itself felt truncated and vague.

IDK, I kinda wish we had only gotten Kul Tiras and Zandalar as one leveling zone each, with the focus of getting their navies to help the war in other fully revamped zones where the Allied Races got far more involvement, following on the idea that the core races had depleted too much of their numbers already, further signifying the whole attrition of war.

Ashenvale and Hillsbrad as direct war theaters connected to the Darkshore and Arathi Warfronts and the fall of Teldrassil and Undercity, while also capturing the feeling of Warcraft 3 during leveling by using those zones -and other 2 zones to further round up the leveling experience and adding more variety (For example, Tanaris for the Horde as the Zandalari and the AR's prevent the Alliance from taking a hold into the desert to cut off the Horde's pathway into Silithus, were we could explore deeper into Zul'farrak with the Zandalari, and the EPL with the Kul Tirans and other AR's taking the shore and moving inland, to cut out the Horde from securing the land route between WPL and Quel'thalas, with KT, human and worgen reclaiming the old Lordaeronian holdings and Void Elves pushing to reclaim Quel'lithien)

- - - Updated - - -

After asking for High Elves since 2004, you kinda form an idea of how much the devs are willing to listen. Like come on, no matter what we ask, we know the bar of what we might get is on the floor.

And right now that floor is "Void Elf customization that makes in universe sense for them, but also can be used to get as close as possible for a High Elf character" kinda like Maghar Orcs can serve to make your orc an outland Maghar. Nothing on the lore supports it specifically, but nothing about them contradicts already established lore.

There's no point screaming into the void when you know they aren't going to listen. When over a decade of constantly bringing the issue up gave us reused BE skin tones and eyes.

Expectations are LOW for a good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Hello, Friendly PSA: High Elves still dont exist. Only pale V O I D elves do.

Source: Character portrait mousover, Heritage Amor.
    Yes they do. And we even have void blood elves in Telegrus Rift
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    in fact high elves are playable in horda and alliance

According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

Ely Cannon Art Director of world of warcraft
    [url]https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowlands-zones-covenant-armor-and-character-customization-interview-with-art-316803[/url

Um, no they do not. Fake news. Again, heritage armor and mouse over portrait shows other wise.

And there's no such thing as a void blood elf..
    You can't be both lmao.

Now belves who are transitioning to velves NPC's, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    in fact high elves are playable in horda and alliance

According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

Ely Cannon Art Director of world of warcraft
    [url]https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowlands-zones-covenant-armor-and-character-customization-interview-with-art-316803[/url
    High elf customization is just having the appearance. Emphasis on appearance.

Like a DK in Black Market paladin T3 armor. You can look like a paladin and parade as one, doesn't mean you actually are one.

Same goes for "wildhammer" dwarves just being bronzebeard dwarves who are wildhammer weebs.

Source: player emotes. and heritage armor.

BTW, all trolls who aren't Zanda are just regular trolls. It makes sense that the darkspear tribe got new skins as some could be born with those skins tones, rare as it may be. Just like how humans and human-like races range from pale to black. Same concept.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-16 at 06:45 PM.

Um, no they do not. Fake news. Again, heritage armor and mouse over portrait shows other wise.

And there's no such thing as a void blood elf..
    You can't be both lmao.

Now belves who are transitioning to velves NPC's, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

High elf customization is just having the appearance. Emphasis on appearance.

Like a DK in Black Market paladin T3 armor. You can look like a paladin and parade as one, doesn't mean you actually are one.

Same goes for "wildhammer" dwarves just being bronzebeard dwarves who are wildhammer weebs.

Source: player emotes. and heritage armor.

BTW, all trolls who aren't Zanda are just regular trolls. It makes sense that the darkspear tribe got new skins as some could be born with those skins tones, rare as it may be. Just like how humans and human-like races range from pale to black. Same concept.
    if the developers say they are high elves then they are.

if the developers say they are high elves then they are.
    High Elf just means Thalassian Elf. You can't point at a belf, belf with blue eyes, purple velf, and pale velf with blue eyes and say "those are 4 different races". Cuz the correct answer is two.

Just like how a dwarf with tattoos isn't magically a new breed of dwarf.

So, I guess High Elves do exist in that form and applies to both belves and velves. But playing a velf and referring to your toon as a helf, as in a silver covenant, uncorrupted blue eyed high elf, is just insane. That is Horde only, you know given the fact that Horde helves dont spontaneously turn purple or are able to slash a void rift.

Sorry to break it to ya, but these customizations are just to scratch a make believe itch, the Alliance will NEVER have pure elves. They said it themselves, to give players the chance to play out their FANTASY, haha.

Again, my paladin can make believe he's a warrior all he wants in warrior tier gear...

Source: Velf Racials.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-16 at 07:32 PM.

High Elf just means Thalassian Elf. You can't point at a belf, belf with blue eyes, purple velf, and pale velf with blue eyes and say "those are 4 different races". Cuz the correct answer is two.

Just like how a dwarf with tattoos isn't magically a new breed of dwarf.

So, I guess High Elves do exist in that form and applies to both belves and velves. But playing a velf and referring to your toon as a helf, as in a silver covenant, uncorrupted blue eyed high elf, is just insane. That is Horde only, you know given the fact that Horde helves dont spontaneously turn purple or are able to slash a void rift.

Sorry to break it to ya, but these customizations are just to scratch a make believe itch, the Alliance will NEVER have pure elves. They said it themselves, to give players the chance to play out their FANTASY, haha.

Again, my paladin can make believe he's a warrior all he wants in warrior tier gear...

Source: Velf Racials.
    I understand what you are saying but I don't share it because I take the developers' words to be true.

I understand that the playable high elves of the alliance are high elves that use the void.

as there are high elves paladins in the horde

I understand what you are saying but I don't share it because I take the developers' words to be true.

I understand that the playable high elves of the alliance are high elves that use the void.

as there are high elves paladins in the horde
    You seriously think the Dev's implied there are FOUR PLAYABLE thalassian elf races, all dependent on what eye / skin colors you choose, LMAO, come on man....

I'm using what they said too, you're just twisting it to fit your wishful thinking. They're not implying that making a belf with blue eyes or a pale velf with blue eyes that you're actually playing a legit Pre sunwell destruction, High Elf like Vereesa.

No, they're giving you options to play out that fantasy. Same concept as my paladin in warrior gear scenario.

Plus the only reason it happened is because it makes sense lore wise.

The sunwell is now holy and arcane, which justifies both yellow and blue eyes for belves.

And well, Alleria for velves. Though that was BS and she should have remained unique but they did it to crowd control against belves gettign blue eyes. Its called PR crowd control.

And incase you still dont get it....

Green/yellow eyed belf = High Elf

Purple Velf with tentacles growing out of their scalp = High Elf

Get it? good.

If you don't you might want to reread that quote without helfer goggles on.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-16 at 09:33 PM.

You seriously think the Dev's implied there are FOUR PLAYABLE thalassian elf races, all dependent on what eye / skin colors you choose, LMAO, come on man....

I'm using what they said too, you're just twisting it to fit your wishful thinking. They're not implying that making a belf with blue eyes or a pale velf with blue eyes that you're actually playing a legit Pre sunwell destruction, High Elf like Vereesa.

No, they're giving you options to play out that fantasy. Same concept as my paladin in warrior gear scenario.

Plus the only reason it happened is because it makes sense lore wise.

The sunwell is now holy and arcane, which justifies both yellow and blue eyes for belves.

And well, Alleria for velves. Though that was BS and she should have remained unique but they did it to crowd control against belves gettign blue eyes. Its called PR crowd control.

And incase you still dont get it....

Green/yellow eyed belf = High Elf

Purple Velf with tentacles growing out of their scalp = High Elf

Get it? good.

If you don't you might want to reread that quote without helfer goggles on.
    You are still trying to make the argument that "high elf" is a biological term and not a self denominational nomenclature, I see.

Like do you actually believe that obfuscation has any value? No matter what's the official name of the "Thalassian Elf variant", culturally, it0s damn oibvious that some of them call themselves blood elves, others void elves and others keep using the name high elf.

Because they are just names, names that reflect their ideologies. There's no need of being this obtuse. After all this time

I mean what's the point of even arguing with Varx when his whole point is to just say "la la la High Elves are not actually playable"

The High Elf fantasy already exists on the Alliance, it has since Vanilla, the issue now lies on having a model that reflects that fantasy as close as possible -and for my blue haired high elf, he's already there-

I mean his argument is ridiculous, imagine if all he kept saying was "Well Outland Maghar AREN'T actually playable, because we can play as Draenor Maghar, so checkmate!"

The Alliance High Elf fantasy has existed since the start of WoW, it really is just an issue of playability, and now we are closer than ever before.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2021-06-16 at 09:50 PM.

Um it is a biological term since it was the original term and the best one we got to classify all elves from quel'thalas.

Belf is the one that's just a name.

Velf isnt just a name for obvious reasons. Believing the opposite is just pure insanity.

And, "pure" high elves are playable, in the Horde. Not the Alliance. Even if you got blond hair on your velves. You're still a Velf through and through.

So LMAO, no you're not close at all.

Oops Bubble popped.

And no you're not "PLayInG a PUre ALLiAnCE HIgH Elf ThAT uSes VOid" You're thinking of a Horde elf shadow priest.

No, you're playing a void abomination in an elf costume.

Source: Velf Racials, portrait mouse over, and heritage armor.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-16 at 10:24 PM.