Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

From now on and during 2 weeks avoid pugging HC dungeons

So until now it was a good time to pug HC dungeons.

Players pugging dungeons were quite good, all the groups I got into were from good guilds in the server. This is because doing HC require revered and players already attuned were the ones putting in the effort and the time so they were skilled and knowledgeable.

However, right now the average andy has hit revered and is doing hc dungeons in questing gear without a clue of what he is doing.

Best avoid pugging HC dungeons for a couple of weeks till average andys get some badge gear and kara gear and they start outgearing the dungeons

A couple of hints to see if you are in an andy group:

1- The group composition is messed up, like having 1 fury warrior and 1 retry paladin in the group, or 2 shadowpriests, or a retry paladin in general.

2- Members of the group don't eat food between pulls and expect the healer to top them off instead of eating.

Feel free to add more hints.
    Last edited by RobertoLarcos; 2021-06-15 at 09:22 PM.

I don’t think the generalization is needed but I get the sentiment.

A better practice is to just add decent players you know/pug with that do well, and use process of elimination: guild > friends > Russian roulette with pugs.

Or just have a throwaway Discord server for pug groups and require its use (even if just to listen). If you don’t know the pulls well enough to explain them, it’s a sign you’re also an average Andy with good friends/guild mates. Most people can execute well if they know what to do, at least to the degree of complexity that is TBC HC and classes.

Whats a retry paladin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Whats a retry paladin ?
    “I didn’t out-DPS the tank, let me try again”

Whats a retry paladin ?
    Ret - A Retribution Paladin.

Just people getting upset that their pugs are not a perfect group of meta P-Server players who have all available BiS gear. You need to understand that heroic dungeons are EXTREMELY serious business for some of these players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Whats a retry paladin ?
    Regularly top damage in my heroic groups as ret unless there is a lock seeding. I do have Lionheart Champion though...

15+ Year Old Account
    Good take & solid advice
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Ret - A Retribution Paladin.

Just people getting upset that their pugs are not a perfect group of meta P-Server players who have all available BiS gear. You need to understand that heroic dungeons are EXTREMELY serious business for some of these players.
    If this thread was about M+ in the first 2 weeks of a season there would be an outcry of elitism bashing.
    "Don't do any keys if there's an off meta spec" etc
    I haven't bothered to hit 70 yet, these heroics can't be as hard as pre-nerf cata dungeons right?

There is literally nothing wrong with a Ret Paladin, they bring really good buffs and do good dps when played right. Fury Warriors need an enhancement shaman or above average gear due to their rage mechanic, Rogues similar but they have some more mob control.. Every spec is completely capable in heroics, the issue comes when you combine the wrong classes, resulting in no synergy or CC.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    If this thread was about M+ in the first 2 weeks of a season there would be an outcry of elitism bashing.
    I haven't bothered to hit 70 yet, these heroics can't be as hard as pre-nerf cata dungeons right?
    Well BC dungeons were some of the hardest dungeons of any expac before they were adjusted. Cata dungeons were hard but not micro manage min max hard. I remember some dungeons taking HOURS to do especially early on for attunements. I do not recall any such nonsense with cata when it was current. Hard yes but overtuned no.

Depending on gear, they could feel about the same. Mechanically, not even close, but things hit pretty hard if people havnt reached caps etc, and you may be forced to go a little slower if your dps is lower thane expected. If you join a random pug, just like for ANY content in ANY version of the game, you get what you get and should roll with the punches. If you have a strong expectation for the dungeon, for example wanting to farm quickly and have highly geared players, the same solution exists in all versions of the game too - form your own group and make your expectations clear.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most are pretty easy, blood furnace is the only one where I would advice using hard cc even with a good group
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Nah, they're pretty easy if you know basic mmo mechanics. I guess if you're an impatient douche they can be pretty taxing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Nah, they're pretty easy if you know basic mmo mechanics. I guess if you're an impatient douche they can be pretty taxing though.
    The "difficulty" comes when you have some players just doing some casual heroics for fun, mixed with some diehard people playing all day and night since launch with a completely min/maxed character hoping to complete all heroics in a few hours. Neither party is right, nor wrong, but they do not mix well. This is not a new "problem".

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post

TBC Heroics. Nothing hard. Had to have run them thousands of times as a tank in the past.

If people think they are too hard, well, that's a strange thing. Did people forget how to play?

(The real problem is the tryhards.)
    If you read between the lines the Op is basically saying any run that isn't done in 20 minutes is a horrible failure. I mean eating between pulls, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    If you read between the lines the Op is basically saying any run that isn't done in 20 minutes is a horrible failure. I mean eating between pulls, really?
    You cant win with some people to be fair. I was in a run on the weekend where the healer got angry at the tank for stopping to eat/drink between pulls - "ill keep you topped up bro just hurry up" but in the same run, got angry at a warlock for tapping, and yelling at the mage for not drinking between trash pulls and doing low dps on some pulls due to going oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyseizure View Post
    Regularly top damage in my heroic groups as ret unless there is a lock seeding. I do have Lionheart Champion though...
    Seen one tear up the meters with his pocket enhance shaman.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with a Ret Paladin, they bring really good buffs and do good dps when played right. Fury Warriors need an enhancement shaman or above average gear due to their rage mechanic, Rogues similar but they have some more mob control.. Every spec is completely capable in heroics, the issue comes when you combine the wrong classes, resulting in no synergy or CC.
    I admit I chuckled at "played right" when the class is almost entirely auto-attacking

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Well BC dungeons were some of the hardest dungeons of any expac before they were adjusted. Cata dungeons were hard but not micro manage min max hard. I remember some dungeons taking HOURS to do especially early on for attunements. I do not recall any such nonsense with cata when it was current. Hard yes but overtuned no.
    IDK man you had shit ozruk needing ranged classes without dots to physically auto him or the ettin having an ability combo that could one-shot the tank (or even just the stun flame arrow rng), hell Edrudax springs to mind as one of the tightest dps checks in a 5man basically ever (now I think about it pre nerf erudax was probably the tightest 5man dps check ever accounting for gear availability).
    By comparison, TBC heroics have trash that white hits too hard if you don't bring correct CC comps.

I feel like the only reason the cata heroics aren't remembered with the same infamy as the TBC ones is a mixture of the gutting, nostalgia, better-designed classes and better optimised gear.
    I expect quite opposite from the OP once more TBC classic players start getting them on farm the myth of TBC heroics will be shattered as fast as 'hardcore vanilla' was when nef died in 42 minutes.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    IDK man you had shit ozruk needing ranged classes without dots to physically auto him or the ettin having an ability combo that could one-shot the tank (or even just the stun flame arrow rng), hell Edrudax springs to mind as one of the tightest dps checks in a 5man basically ever (now I think about it pre nerf erudax was probably the tightest 5man dps check ever accounting for gear availability).
    By comparison, TBC heroics have trash that white hits too hard if you don't bring correct CC comps.

I feel like the only reason the cata heroics aren't remembered with the same infamy as the TBC ones is a mixture of the gutting, nostalgia, better-designed classes and better optimised gear.
    I expect quite opposite from the OP once more TBC classic players start getting them on farm the myth of TBC heroics will be shattered as fast as 'hardcore vanilla' was when nef died in 42 minutes.
    You know whats weird? I have said this a few times, but when cata launched, i played almost exclusively with a tight guild and group of friends. We didnt really frequent any forums or "communities" and were entirely unaware of any drama over the cata difficulty. We had a LOT of fun doing them early in cata, and it wasnt until Blizzard officially acknowledged the 'situation' that we were made aware that for many, they were "too hard".