Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i think the diablo-like this is exactly just that - more a feelings thing. But agree that's a very different game both in playstyle and ingame tasks. It's actually the reason why i want to play it.

If anything, D4 is shaping out to be more akin to a "mmolite" game - persistent world, semi-static dungeons, world events etc. Which i think is a good transition. The game needs to stay with a fast paced combat and focused on solo/small group with no roles, but a more structured world/content isn't a bad thing.

I fell in love with the style and the card-weaving class, been waiting for EU release from the very start.
    Its not like that. Fundamental gameplay difference, fundamental difference in itemization and fundamental difference to open world.

Lost Ark is just full blown mmorpg with pretty much everything including raid bosses.

And that is a good thing, I will play it too.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

For people who aim to play the game solely for PVP, please bear in mind there is a huge hardcore player base from RU/JP/KR is going to brutally murder you in the arena. they know how to spec their classes for PVP and allocate their secondary stats well and were playing 24/7 there.

Don't get frustrated because if you are skilled by nature in PVP with a quick reaction you can catch up with them but to do that you need to keep up to date with PVP skills, stats, and mechanics. Remember that all players have an equal foot in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not coming to countries as Belgium unless they change their lootboxes.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i think the diablo-like this is exactly just that - more a feelings thing. But agree that's a very different game both in playstyle and ingame tasks. It's actually the reason why i want to play it.

If anything, D4 is shaping out to be more akin to a "mmolite" game - persistent world, semi-static dungeons, world events etc. Which i think is a good transition. The game needs to stay with a fast paced combat and focused on solo/small group with no roles, but a more structured world/content isn't a bad thing.

I fell in love with the style and the card-weaving class, been waiting for EU release from the very start.
    I'd say for D4 slow down the combat in comparison to D3/PoE. Loving the LA alpha so far. Disappointed in the missing classes and the gender lock. Hopefully it's just an early phase and the test will be in before launch. VA is atrocious. Not a fan of the enemies constantly getting stunned with every attack.

Dunno, fucked up release. I have zero hype, because it's an old game and I already tried it quite some time ago on RUS servers. Whatevs, I guess.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I played the game when it first released. It's fun. I didn't play long because I had no clue how to read Korean. I'll grab this game later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played this for over 3 months straight in RU and quit not to spoil too much.
    Gonna play this even if 9.1 hits. Love it. Bought the Founders Pack already.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Played this for over 3 months straight in RU and quit not to spoil too much.
    Gonna play this even if 9.1 hits. Love it. Bought the Founders Pack already.
    Small bullet point list about the three best and three worst things you've found?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

got into the technical alpha - played for an hour, hit level 10 - button mashed and had so much fun haha
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Got into aswell, too bad it closes today because OH BOY i'm hooked. Cannot share anything because NDA but gameplay is addicting. We'll see at endgame though. First impression is really positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    got into the technical alpha - played for an hour, hit level 10 - button mashed and had so much fun haha
    Yea, leveling pacing regarding skills doesn't exist. At first it's overwhelming and you're mashing buttons. Later you get more skills, try them out and build synergies or combos and gets better. But yeah, at first it does feel like mash buttons constantly without any... purpose or strategy, just mindlessly.

For anyone wanting to try Lost Ark - grab any VPN trial, connect to RU VPN and follow the tutorial - https://streamingliveacademy.com/gui...-ark-for-free/ ez pez
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Summer patch in Korea. New legion raid, 2 new guardian bosses, new class, the Asther weapons and more.

Scouter is the class that intrigues me, but doesn't look like the class is coming to the west.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is the biggest shit company on earth. Will never buy or support anything from them.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Scouter is the class that intrigues me, but doesn't look like the class is coming to the west.
    There is a 15th class hidden in their sleeves and will be introduced in beta according to their official statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Same scouter looks so damn awesome so hope it will come at some point atleast if not in at launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    There is a 15th class hidden in their sleeves and will be introduced in beta according to their official statement.
    Hope that's scouter then
    Do you hear the voices too?

Why is it that every single Korean MMO always has the exact same shitty aspects to it? Why does every one of them have P2W Aspects?
    This entire game is basically summed up as nothing but timegated content. Poggers can't wait to login do 2 Chaos Dungeons and a few daily quests/daily raid, then go level an alt and do it again, and again, and again, and again, because the only way to actually play the game is to play it on 10 characters, which is also required to upgrade your main, or spend money.

What's that? You want to upgrade past +6? Enjoy your BDO style upgrade system, where everything is just a "Chance" to upgrade. I heard you like games that drop tons of loot and force you into getting a pet to do it for you, no Korean MMO is complete with it, but also here's pets that can RNG roll, not even 100% roll, a 10% stat boost. Oh, but also you can buy cosmetics that can do the same.

I can't even talk about this game and my experiences with it when I played for a couple months on the Korean servers a few months ago. If you aren't gonna play this game like a mobile game and only play a small amount of time, like you would in an internet cafe in Korea, don't waste your time. No Korean MMO has found success in the West beyond the first 2-3 initial months of release, and this game is no exception.
    Last edited by La; 2021-06-19 at 10:38 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    No Korean MMO has found success in the West beyond the first 2-3 initial months of release, and this game is no exception.
    Black Desert? It's been out for years in the west and is still going strong with new classes and shit released pretty regularly (Corsair is coming up next). I mean, Korean MMO's are primarily developed for a Korean/Asian market, while western MMO's are developed mostly for a western market, which is why few have had any success to speak of in Asia/Korea (outside of WoW in China).

I think most folks who like Korean style MMO's know what to expect with this, even if we haven't seen the localized changes to the cash shop etc. yet. It's the ARPG crowd mostly, and to a lesser extent the MMO crowd that doesn't have much familiarity with Korean MMO's that are gonna be the ones most upset. Change-style upgrading? Yeah, been a core "feature" of Korean MMO's since ye-olden Lineage 1 day. Not super exciting, but also not terribly surprising.

Just checked yesterday on reddit - smilegate devs got interviewed in a korean event, and talked especially about NA/EU release and how this will impact their new content releases.

Also they're following very much the discussion about p2w and how it's perveived in the western market. It seems they're gonna adapt the business model to a different approach to male it more appealing, while they stated that in a f2p game they have to make.money in some way.

As for actual players, nearly everyone i spoke to that has played in KR/RU told me that the game was very much p2w but basically nearly all of that has been cut out from the game with the first patch because all players complained about that.