Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lekzz View Post
    Look, I want to help as many people as possible, and to do that, I've levelled and spent hours and hours getting this tank sorted. But the amount of groups needing a tank is relentless, and I'm bleeding money by repeatedly joining groups to tank for them, only to lose the roll on every single drop and get 3x the repair bill. It's simply not sustainable to be a good guy that does it all for free all the time.
    Mate do whatever you want. Don't listen to crybabies and entitled people. If you get nasty whispers then just put them on ignore. F em.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2021-06-16 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You can charge, but you’d better be in T4-level gear and know the mechanics, because if you roll up in shit blues expecting me to pay and explain, I’m going to laugh at you, kick you, and ignore you.
    Enjoy that next hour wait for another tank while the kicked tank is already done with that run

I’ll show up wearing nothing but a shield and still demand payment and if you want a tank, you’ll pay

It’s that simple. It takes you sometimes hours to find a group. Me? I measure my group hunting time in seconds

That’s why a tanks time is more valuable than any dps or healer

Tanks that are selling their tanking service for gold can rot in hell.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Tanks that are selling their tanking service for gold can rot in hell.
    Dps too cheap to pay me can enjoy their long hunt for another tank. Or just pay my fee and have a clean, quick efficient clear

It’s why tanks who charge, build a good reputation, never have to advertise because groups will friend us and always pay us. I can’t log in without being offered 100g for this heroic or another.

The market dictates the value of tanks is many many many many many times that of heals and dps. Especially dps.

And I did it throughout WoW classic and never heard a complaint. Pay to play

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Enjoy that next hour wait for another tank while the kicked tank is already done with that run

I’ll show up wearing nothing but a shield and still demand payment and if you want a tank, you’ll pay

It’s that simple. It takes you sometimes hours to find a group. Me? I measure my group hunting time in seconds

That’s why a tanks time is more valuable than any dps or healer
    Lmao who’s waiting hours for a tank?

I’m not paying you a salary for rolling a tank spec, I’m paying for efficiency. I’ll tip every single gearing tank because repairs suck and grinding as a non-Pally is annoying. If you’re selling a service, it’s speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Lmao who’s waiting hours for a tank?

I’m not paying you a salary for rolling a tank spec, I’m paying for efficiency. I’ll tip every single gearing tank because repairs suck and grinding as a non-Pally is annoying. If you’re selling a service, it’s speed.
    For the record, I guarantee a smooth clean quick clean or your gold back.

But yea if you won’t pay me, a thousand other groups will

And yeah, waiting for tanks can be often measured in an hour or 2 for the right content.

A tank is just more valuable than a dps and that’s indisputable.

Perfectly reasonable but i'd take 50 instead of 30g.

Dps too cheap to pay me can enjoy their long hunt for another tank. Or just pay my fee and have a clean, quick efficient clear

It’s why tanks who charge, build a good reputation, never have to advertise because groups will friend us and always pay us. I can’t log in without being offered 100g for this heroic or another.

The market dictates the value of tanks is many many many many many times that of heals and dps. Especially dps.

And I did it throughout WoW classic and never heard a complaint. Pay to play
    If you're a tank do your f* job and don't demand money for it. I'm tanking in TBCC as well and do it for free, I heal for free and I DPS for free. It's a game and if you choose to be a tank, you better do the job you applied for.

Despicable attitude.

If you're a tank do your f* job and don't demand money for it. I'm tanking in TBCC as well and do it for free, I heal for free and I DPS for free. It's a game and if you choose to be a tank, you better do the job you applied for.

Despicable attitude.
    Nah, pay me or enjoy the wait. I’ll tank for guildies for free, pugs? Nah. My time is too valuable and other groups will happily pay me

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So rather than helping the OP who has a gold problem because like YOU he tanks for free (and that is why he even made this thread) - we are now in the usual mode of attacking posters with a different opinion than addressing the initial issue?

(...and yeah...I tried and address OP's problem in post 23)

Unless "rot in hell" was your contribution to OP's problem (post 21) in which case nevermind ^^
    Some attitudes don't have a place in MMORPGs - in my opinion: cheating, boosting, ganking and yes, selling tanking services. I wasn't directly attacking the OP, at best I was attacking the audacity of some parts of the playerbase I never want to get in touch with. Others might not want to play with me because of my attitude, but people doing stuff like this directly go to the ignore list. I want to keep my MMORPG experience as pure as possible, although it's very difficult these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a tank and I've yet to lose money on a dungeon run, how the hell is that even possible?
    Money drops, greys, cloths, rep items, sometimes green boes or blue bops roll in and all instances so far were a net gain.

For the record, I guarantee a smooth clean quick clean or your gold back.

But yea if you won’t pay me, a thousand other groups will

And yeah, waiting for tanks can be often measured in an hour or 2 for the right content.

A tank is just more valuable than a dps and that’s indisputable.
    I’ve never waited more than 30 minutes for a tank (albeit fairly early in the expansion), and never had a problem finding a geared one looking for gold in Classic.

I’m not paying for a Kmart tank in Blues/Greens who thinks he deserves a salary for tanking shit he actually needs to run anyway. It’s not valuable if I have to throttle DPS or my healer has to empty a mana bar on single-pack pulls.

I just pay enough (when a guildie isn’t on) to expect better.

I do this on live /shrug

You need me, I don't need you

Some attitudes don't have a place in MMORPGs - in my opinion: cheating, boosting, ganking and yes, selling tanking services. I wasn't directly attacking the OP, at best I was attacking the audacity of some parts of the playerbase I never want to get in touch with.
    Selling tanking services for content you wouldn’t otherwise do isn’t charity, and neither is my time

If you expect me to do content that I wouldn’t do, or want to tag along in my group for that free instant group fill... pay me

People gladly paid in classic, people will gladly pay for tanking services in tbc and are. And considering tanks are even more scarce in tbc classic than classic classic, tanks have every right to demand payment if you want their services.

Or you can wait however long it takes to get that free, likely under geared, tank you don’t wanna pay

Like anything else in life, you get what you pay for

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I do this on live /shrug

You need me, I don't need you
    This. And if they don’t wanna pay, a hundred other groups will and my group will finish the dungeon before the other fills up most likely.

It's fine to charge gold for tanking if you advertise yourself properly for example: "For 30gold/run pre-raid bis geared tank will tank any dungeon for you PST".

If you just whispers randoms who look for a tank for their group it's a bit rude and obnoxious imo.

I stop what I'm doing, waste an hour of my time for a dungeon I don't even need and then lose gold in the process to help people out.
    I decided I'd still help people do their dungeons

Just tell them you are doing other stuff. Don't be a coward.

Do people take advantage of you in real life as well?

Some attitudes don't have a place in MMORPGs - in my opinion: cheating, boosting, ganking and yes, selling tanking services. I wasn't directly attacking the OP, at best I was attacking the audacity of some parts of the playerbase I never want to get in touch with. Others might not want to play with me because of my attitude, but people doing stuff like this directly go to the ignore list. I want to keep my MMORPG experience as pure as possible, although it's very difficult these days.
    Well, so I guess Alchi & Tailors should give away their CDs for free as well.

At least it is what their profession is all about.

Tanks are in very short supply, tanks have a lot harder time to farm outside of dungeons, thus why not give them the opportunity to get some gold from the lazy ass DPS players that can easily farm the costs of 3-4 runs within an hour if they wish too.

Why should anyone who plays a tank serve you as a personal puppet? Especially if they dont need the loot anymore.

Nothing wrong whatsoever. Just have good gear, know the dungeon and ensure you are spot on with your role.

Only advice I'd give is to maybe make a general post in LFG or even trade, about your service. Probably wouldn't directly whisper ppl.

And lol at the few in here who act as though you need to do content you gain nothing from, for free, because you are a tank. If you are done with the content, ppl need to make it worth your time to help them thru it.

Same ppl who have a problem with this most likely aren't spending all their free time dungeon boosting lowbies thru dungeons for free. Same concept

boosting services are extremely pervasive in classic from what i understand. so if you can get people to pay by all means.

don't pretend you are "the good guy helping people out" though.

also here is another idea for you: join groups where you don't have competition on the loot you want. then you don't "have to" charge money and won't lose all the rolls.

You do what you feel is best mate. But in general, if any role suddenly starts asking for money to do shit then the game is dead imo. Imagine needing a certain role for content and everyone of that role started to ask for gold for doing it, then they are in essential holding that content hostage. But you do you man, I know repairs suck as a tank.