Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Sounds totally out of there right? But what if... what if.. Sylvanas soul was split, and we do get a pre-banshee Sylvanas, rescued by a restored Anduin..and you know, boy meets girl... only Anduin can understand the pain and depth of fragmented banshee Sylvanas, and she falls in love with the only person to show a restored woman compassion.

C'mon, it would be interesting.. what implications would it have for the horde and alliance?
    Why would you even suggest this? That's like asking if you would ship Anduin and Wrathion, it just doesn't make sense.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

At least when people are imagining Anduin getting railed by Wrathion, the characters aren't children anymore. God that was fucking creepy back in MoP.

I'd ship it. Not because I would like to see them together, because I don't really care, but I would like to see other people reaction(in the game and outside of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    And Anduin doesn't like women.
    Sounds like some kind of headcanon, because he certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    It's amazing how the camp of "Anduin x Wrathion" people crawl out from under their rocks any time a thread pops up in regards to Anduin and his relationship status.

>Thread about Anduin + Sylvanas
    >> "NO BUT WRATHION"

Absolutely nothing there to ever indicate an Anduin + Wrathion pairing and people still here harping about it.
    No idea. I think that's because some kind of teenage girl fanfic writing?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-06-16 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Sounds totally out of there right? But what if... what if.. Sylvanas soul was split, and we do get a pre-banshee Sylvanas, rescued by a restored Anduin..and you know, boy meets girl... only Anduin can understand the pain and depth of fragmented banshee Sylvanas, and she falls in love with the only person to show a restored woman compassion.

C'mon, it would be interesting.. what implications would it have for the horde and alliance?
    I know this might sound weird given how sexualized Sylvanas is on fanart -and oficial art- but it's really, really difficult for me to see her as a sexual/romantic being, at all. For all the similarities she shares with Kerrigan, it's surprising how apart the seem on that respect. Like she can't even love Nathanos, who she did in life, but now that feeling is corrupted to a sad dependency on his part and a attachment on her part.

It's like all she can muster is the sad melancholy of love, an echo of it, and we have seen that on how she sees Nathanos, and on a familial sense, Vereesa.

So in that way, I think that Anduin reminds her of Lirath, and it's that what tugs at her heartstrings.

But like, no, we have seen no romantic attraction between them at all. Anduin himself is barely portrayed as a sexual being himself, like literally at most I have seen some interest for Taelia on the short dialogue they have shared (and apparenty he's into Draenei cake) but like, the whole dynamic between Sylvanas and Anduin feels definitely non-sexual.

And the thing is, it could have been totally played the other way around, but it really feels their interactions are just not written like that.

And tbh, I think it DID cross their minds, but thankfully they must have realized Anduin is almost Jailbait and Sylvanas is a dead cougar, so we are avoiding the undead Mr's Robinson thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No idea. I think that's because some kind of teenage girl fanfic writing?
    I mean you could have that inaccurate and reductive opinion, but you can go deeper. It really is mostly because Wrathion has been the only character that Anduin has interacted as a peer, on a personal level.

It's really not hard to understand, people tend to be shipped when they interact on a personal level; that's also why Shaw and Flynn's banter lead them to be shipped. Besides Taelia -which came just on BfA- Anduin has barely interacted with any other people around his age group, on a personal level.

It's not that hard to understand why something is a thing even if it doesn't personally appeal to you, you know?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, Wrathion is still better value than Sylvanas.
    Not much of an achievement, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I know this might sound weird given how sexualized Sylvanas is on fanart -and oficial art- but it's really, really difficult for me to see her as a sexual/romantic being, at all. For all the similarities she shares with Kerrigan, it's surprising how apart the seem on that respect. Like she can't even love Nathanos, who she did in life, but now that feeling is corrupted to a sad dependency on his part and a attachment on her part.

It's like all she can muster is the sad melancholy of love, an echo of it, and we have seen that on how she sees Nathanos, and on a familial sense, Vereesa.

So in that way, I think that Anduin reminds her of Lirath, and it's that what tugs at her heartstrings.
    That's actually quite beautiful, when you phrase it that way. And it actually fits the whole story and the way the undead and banshees are portrayed in this franchise. Undead Sylvanas can never quite love, but faint echoes of those positive living being emotions sometimes bubble and come out in odd way s at odd moments and actually sometimes affect what she does.

still, the character is too inconsistent between the old Sylvanas and the new one, she was definitely portrayed as a person who was fighting for something right.. but then did he goals just align with the right thing to do and we just mistook that as Sylvanas actually caring???

But like, no, we have seen no romantic attraction between them at all. Anduin himself is barely portrayed as a sexual being himself, like literally at most I have seen some interest for Taelia on the short dialogue they have shared (and apparenty he's into Draenei cake) but like, the whole dynamic between Sylvanas and Anduin feels definitely non-sexual.

And the thing is, it could have been totally played the other way around, but it really feels their interactions are just not written like that.

And tbh, I think it DID cross their minds, but thankfully they must have realized Anduin is almost Jailbait and Sylvanas is a dead cougar, so we are avoiding the undead Mr's Robinson thing.
    Draenei makes sense. They are actually the alliance race I like the most. Problem with wow relationships is not that humans "play" around a lot outside their race (that's just human when you see all the mixed race couplings we get irl), the problem is how few same race couplings are. Ofc they exist but they are never in the limelight.

Anduin into Draenei makes sense given how much he respects them and the time he spent on the Exodar during his puberty budding years. I'm not sure of the whole Wrathion thing, I've fiddled with the idea, but I can only thing the reason for doing it is to be sensational or pander. Does it really flow naturally as something that could emerge just as part of the normalcy of a character? It's hard to see, Sylvanas would fit better before Wrathion, on Anduin's character either way.

He's a nice , good boy, and his honest open heart friendship can sometimes be mistaken for sexual attraction - it and in our cultural climate right now, same sex male friendships have been popularly recast as gay relationships - maybe that's why there is so much community Anduin <3 Wration interest.

But with Sylvanas, there does seem to be a trace of affection. i wonder if Anduin 's good heartedness appeals to her somewhere deep down, or she feels she owes Varian for what happened on the Broken Shore in some way ..or both.. but there is something, or I wouldn't have thought of this connection.

Love will melt that cold heart and save the shadowlands and Azeroth!

I mean you could have that inaccurate and reductive opinion, but you can go deeper. It really is mostly because Wrathion has been the only character that Anduin has interacted as a peer, on a personal level.

It's really not hard to understand, people tend to be shipped when they interact on a personal level; that's also why Shaw and Flynn's banter lead them to be shipped. Besides Taelia -which came just on BfA- Anduin has barely interacted with any other people around his age group, on a personal level.

It's not that hard to understand why something is a thing even if it doesn't personally appeal to you, you know?
    It's not like it doesn't appeal to me. Most of the comments are about from teenage girl fanfics/headcanon.
    Anduin punched Wrathion when they met. Where was he when they(or he?) needed him most in the Legion invasion?

Anduin had few other characters that interacted with him, Saurfang, Taelia, Jaina, Moira... even Garrosh. The "he was the one who was talking with him" argument is pretty much pointless.
    And the "around his age group" is just false, but I guess people do not follow the WoW lore as much as they want to see some kind of imaginary pairing in a video game.

Nothing in the whole game actually tells anything about Anduin being interested in Wrathion(above the rivarly/friendship) and vice versa. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Dead people can't have romances.

Would not be surprised if patch 9.2 is "Freaky Friday in Feralas" where Anduin swaps body with Nathanos

I'd ship them alright.

Right off a cliff so i don't have to endure any more of these one note annoyances.

The problem with this thread is that here in 2024 we already know that this would be impossible because Sylvanas is the real mother of Anduin.
    Ah... and the Jailer is actually King Varian.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Tyrande/Malf is questionable as well, since Malf is hardly your average Nelf anymore. Thrall/Aggra also being one of the most forced and out of nowhere couples, kinda funny all in all.
    Hahaha so true. But tbh, I was forgetting that Flynnshaw is at least a same race couple lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

i hate shippers.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Yuck, no. Necrophilia is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post

And Anduin doesn't like women.
    that is wrong. we have 3 examples of him showing interest in women.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    that is wrong. we have 3 examples of him showing interest in women.
    Idk, drooling to goats is just... creepy. At least for me

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk, drooling to goats is just... creepy. At least for me
    female Draenei, female dwarves, and female humans are what has been shown that he is interested in.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    female Draenei, female dwarves, and female humans are what has been shown that he is interested in.
    Aka goats. Also, courting dem hairy dwarven gurls is just... ewww. But if he likes it that way...