Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm not ignoring anything, i am well aware of what her character is and acknowledged both of her character aspects in literally the second sentence in my last post. It is you who is ignoring part of her characterization, while also completely misrepresenting the other.
    I am not ignoring part of her characterization or misrepresenting it. Elune has a darkside to her a portrayed in the lore. You keep spinning it to be "good" all around. Actions born out of anger can be malevolent. Tyrande is not just acting as a warrior priestess out of self defense. But invoking a dark power that will consumer her to slaughter the horde out of vengeance.

That link contains spoilers for 9.1. It matches the recently data mined in-game cinematics for the quest. It references a second cinematic that shows Elune as not yet being implemented (or encrypted) https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/sister-...n-story-322125

Would a righteous, and good, power cause Tyrande to harm her son and allies? Would it try and kill her by absorbing more power? It also indicates that Elune is 99.9% a sister to the Winter Queen. .
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-16 at 05:20 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    If the six are the major cosmic forces of the universe (Light, Void, Order, Disorder, Life, Death) then could this "seventh" be an entirely new cosmic force not yet revealed? Or maybe not necessarily a cosmic force but some form of power/energy/magic on the scale of the cosmic forces?

Or it could be referring to the Eternal Ones and a mysterious seventh Eternal One...
    Maybe the seventh cosmic force is elemental?
    Or, if it is about the Eternal ones, then Elune?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    One of WoW's enduring mysteries, for me at least, is just what are the hooded figures that adorn the Dark Portal for instance, and seem to be a repeated motif when it comes to ancient or inscrutable places. This little thing only deepens that mystery.
    How about they are depictions of the First Ones?
    In the Warcraft movie, Orgrim discusses with Gul'dan about them, calling them gods.
    Orgrim Doomhammer: "Old World in exchange for statues. Gods are strange creatures."
    Why would he refer to them as gods?

Korthia is the City of Secrets after all, and Zovaal is looking for the things the First Ones hid there long ago. Why would this statue appear there?
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-16 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    How about they are depictions of the First Ones?
    In the Warcraft movie, Orgrim discusses with Gul'dan about them, calling them gods.
    Orgrim Doomhammer: "Old World in exchange for statues. Gods are strange creatures."
    Why would he refer to them as gods?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rO8A10cSyig
    They could well be abstract effigies or references to the First Ones, that was one of the thoughts I had. As for the Warcraft movie, it's not considered canon for WoW so I can't really lend Orgrim or Gul'dan's pronouncements there any real weight.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

As for the Warcraft movie, it's not considered canon for WoW so I can't really lend Orgrim or Gul'dan's pronouncements there any real weight.
    Just a fun thought experiment. Why, do you assume, they did that? and what could it possibly refer to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Just a fun thought experiment. Why, do you assume, they did that? and what could it possibly refer to?
    In the context of the Warcraft movie, I would imagine that that's what Gul'dan thought these statues were - since the Dark Portal's construction was based on dreams that Medivh (or Sargeras within him) was feeding Gul'dan through their connection in the Nether. Perhaps Gul'dan did consider them to be gods of a sort, embodiments of the power that the Fel could afford him, really the only kind of "god" that Gul'dan would give a fig about (both in the cinematic and game universes).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    They could well be abstract effigies or references to the First Ones, that was one of the thoughts I had. As for the Warcraft movie, it's not considered canon for WoW so I can't really lend Orgrim or Gul'dan's pronouncements there any real weight.
    They are WoW's Auditors of Reality...

"Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

If they're anything like the ones in Discworld, that would be both awesome and terrifying.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20210424062643

May be more simple than it looks. Denathrius lacks wings, and there is also a hooded effigy of him in Revendreth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20210424062643

May be more simple than it looks. Denathrius lacks wings, and there is also a hooded effigy of him in Revendreth.
    That's probably more just a stylized rendition of Denathrius in stained glass - befitting the door to his inner sanctum. That depiction prominently features both his horns and the largish jewel in his crown or circlet.

I always liked to assume they were just talking about the Legion, especially KJ, who they likely saw as a God, due to his overwhelming influence and power over the Orcs.

But yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if they were akin to the First Ones also, but who knows. Reminder, the Dark Portal on Azeroth also has an Infinity Snake, which is similar to the one we see on Oribos. Tho, it's just as likely that the Legion took some stuff from the Mawsworn and the Shadowlands VIA the Nathrezim's influence. Wouldn't be the first time...

- - - Updated - - -

The Dark Rider's in Karazhan also share hoods too, but how the Orcs could possibly know about that from Draenor is beyond my knowledge. It's possible Gul'dan spoke about the Riders with Medivh, and that's how he was able to make the Portal with their faces on them.

It's also possible the men represent the OG Death Knights, but the OG Death Knights aren't a thing whatsoever until the second war...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

I'd say that. The First Ones made the framework of the Cosmos, which in turn made the Shadowlands be forged into form, made the infinite Cycle of Life and Death (Possibly even the Infinite Cycle between Light and Shadow, and Order/Disorder aswell), etc.

It's also possible they made Light and Shadow, and used those powers to birth the Cosmos, and shape it, while also giving it structure and tidying it up so that their creations AKA the Cosmic Pantheons, could keep their creation AKA existence in perfect check.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just as possible Light and Shadow were always a thing, but they were chaotic as fuck and their clash didn't actually make anything but instead birthed tons of crazy magics and whatnot, which in turn spawned the First Ones, who tidy'd all of it up in order to make the Cosmos into what it is now.

Though, to say this would be to go against Blizzard's idea of expanding beyond the Cosmic Chart. Expanding beyond Light, Shadow, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

"Fortunately for humanity and every other living thing, the Auditors can't simply wipe out life, because that's against the Rules; the Auditors can't break the Rules because, in a certain sense, they are the Rules."

This, to me, feels more akin to someone like the Arbiter + the Eternal Ones, and the other Cosmic Pantheons. They cannot break their rules, because they themselves are it essentially. And if they ever broke the rules, it would mean a collapse in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, if that's the answer it's fine. Also explains the sword some of the statues like the Dark Portal ones or those in the crypt basements have - it's depicting Remornia.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.