Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    11 letters. But there have been more variants than that--just not ones that were significantly different enough to warrant much concern. Delta is by far the worst right now, both because it is more easily transmissible and because it apparently has about double the risk of hospitalization as the early Alpha variant. Fortunately the vaccines have proven effective against it, but of course those refusing the vaccine are also putting others who CAN'T get the vaccine at risk AND increasing the chances that Delta mutates into something else--possibly something worse.
    The Delta mutation:

Transmission Rate: If I understand correctly, Delta about doubles the chance of infecting a vaccinated person. The vaccine still has way over a 50% chance of successfully thwarting the virus, but statistics says that a lot more vaccinated people will get the virus anyways.

Severity: Once again, if I understand correctly, the vaccines still significantly reduces the severity of the symptoms of people who get the Delta mutation despite being vaccinated, but the odds of being hospitalized are still noticeably higher then other versions of the virus.

Does this sound about right?

Just popped up from my algorithm. It's Colbert's fault!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That looks like failure to condemn dictators in the USA. Considering you read what you quoted -- you did, didn't you? -- and failed to condemn dictatorship in the USA, I have no choice but to assume that's direct admission you support dictatorship in the USA.

I put it right over the plate, dude.
    Therefore, all Trump supporters are assumed to also support dictatorship in the US unless they specifically and directly refute this move by Trump.
    I'm just gonna assume you're [in favor of X thing] unless you [Say Y Right now]
    I don't know the type of person you commonly deal with, but making demands of positions subject to asserted "are assumed" is something you'd say to a slave or someone of lower class in a caste system. So I suggest to you, if you want to deal with any self-respecting free person around, you refrain from puerile demands under threat of your personal assumptions.

I'm sure there's a measure of interaction possible here if you choose to engage with people of opposite perspectives with respect. I'm going to assume you also can read, and decide if you attach enough importance to my online presence here to choose to understand my meaning and react. But your initial foray will not do.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post

Just popped up from my algorithm. It's Colbert's fault!!!!!
    Well, it's official now. Scott Bakula is the person at fault of Donald Trump. If he didn't go back in time and gave him that tidbit, who knows what would have happened. Everyone knows nothing good ever comes from going back in time. Too many things can go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I don't know the type of person you commonly deal with, but making demands of positions subject to asserted "are assumed" is something you'd say to a slave or someone of lower class in a caste system. So I suggest to you, if you want to deal with any self-respecting free person around, you refrain from puerile demands under threat of your personal assumptions.

I'm sure there's a measure of interaction possible here if you choose to engage with people of opposite perspectives with respect. I'm going to assume you also can read, and decide if you attach enough importance to my online presence here to choose to understand my meaning and react. But your initial foray will not do.
    You just sound like a bad faith poster now. You’ve not answered a direct question twice now.

I read it, and it’s pretty strait forward, Trump tried to subvert democracy and tried to be a Dictator. Do you support that behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    You just sound like a bad faith poster now. You’ve not answered a direct question twice now.

I read it, and it’s pretty strait forward, Trump tried to subvert democracy and tried to be a Dictator. Do you support that behavior?
    No, I don't support that behavior in the former president. I don't mind your misapprehensions.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The Delta mutation:

Transmission Rate: If I understand correctly, Delta about doubles the chance of infecting a vaccinated person. The vaccine still has way over a 50% chance of successfully thwarting the virus, but statistics says that a lot more vaccinated people will get the virus anyways.

Severity: Once again, if I understand correctly, the vaccines still significantly reduces the severity of the symptoms of people who get the Delta mutation despite being vaccinated, but the odds of being hospitalized are still noticeably higher then other versions of the virus.

Correct as far as what I've read about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    making demands of
    Not a demand. It was an invitation. Which you declined. Twice. Which says a lot about you. Well, one thing, really, but it's pretty negative. I mean, most people at this point would have said "I do not support dictatorship in the USA" rather than spend five paragraphs defending why they don't have to say that. If for no other reason, it's pretty cost-effective to simply say "I do not support dictatorship in the USA".

Which I'm happy to see you finally did in your third post. Glad we're on the same page.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-06-16 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The Delta mutation:

Actually I saw a dr talking about it on CNN last night, and he said that if you had 2 shots of Pfizer, you have a 80-something chance of success. But 1 shot will only give you 30something %. He said there wasn't any data on Moderna or J&J yet, but he thought that Moderna would be similar to Pfizer because they are the same kind of vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Actually I saw a dr talking about it on CNN last night, and he said that if you had 2 shots of Pfizer, you have a 80-something chance of success. But 1 shot will only give you 30something %. He said there wasn't any data on Moderna or J&J yet, but he thought that Moderna would be similar to Pfizer because they are the same kind of vaccine.
    That is consistent with what I have heard. Against the original virus, it was more like 90%. I did not know that the Delta mutation was so effective against people with only one shot.

I will continue to wear a mask and social distance. There odds of the US having at least one more big wave is most definitely not zero.

Thanks for the update. It's easy to get LOT of information about the political drama surrounding the virus. It's a bit tougher finding out the kind of information you just provided.

With how people keep acting about this thing and how political they want to make it, part of me really wishes a much more contagious and deadly version came out and the vaccine worked against and just let Darwin sort this out.

The main thing making me not want that is the children who haven't been able to get the vaccine and the people medically can't get the vaccine.

But at this point, having those who refuse to because their cult leader told them not to actually removed from the gene pool and the voter base could only be a good thing.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Tuesday's report:

12,580 new cases, about 2.5k fewer than last Tuesday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 1,486 new cases; 28 deaths
    California: 1,082 new cases; 19 deaths
    Missouri: 580 new cases; no deaths reported
    Louisiana: 559 new cases; 5 deaths

Full disclosure, worldometers has started giving Florida daily totals again, but I can't see where they're getting them from so I'm unsure if they are extrapolated from previous data or if the numbers are being reported somewhere I don't have access to/awareness of. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional info. As for the rest, we're continuing to see the numbers decline nationally as evidenced by Minnesota, listed above, coming in 4th place despite having only 580 new cases. Unsurprisingly Vermont has become the first state to drop to the "Low" risk category, largely off the back of their 80% vaccination rate. Wyoming remains the only state still listed as "High" risk, though with Delta popping up across the country it won't take much for any state to creep back up to that level quickly should an outbreak occur.

353 deaths is a little under a hundred fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 615,717. 13 states reported double digits but none higher than Michigan at 30 (possibly Florida at 32 if worldometer's information is correct). However, Michigan's total is, as always, a total from two-days--their average is around 22. Texas had 28. California was down to 19.

Related news:

New York, California lift most COVID-19 restrictions as vaccination rates top 70%--As expected, New York and California, both very populous states that have been doing exceedingly well with regards to infection rates and regulations, are dropping most if not all regulations off the back of their high vaccination rates (no small feat for California in particular). I'm still not entirely comfortable with this given that the 70% rate counts people who only got one dose so far and Delta is still found to be dangerous for anyone who isn't fully vaccinated, but I think they've proven equal to the task. Now ask me how I feel about Florida and Texas. On second thought don't. You already know.

Delta is the 'most serious' COVID-19 variant, scientists say. How will it affect the US?--The whole article is worth a read (it's not very long, take a gander), but I'll just quote this paragraph here:

"Until a few weeks ago, I would have said they're probably going to get away with (being unvaccinated)," said Dr. Robert Wachter, chair of the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco. But "if Delta really takes off, that choice looks worse and worse."
    We've been talking about Delta for little while here now and it has the potential to become the dominant variant in the US just as it has in other countries. It may not affect fully vaccinated people very much, and if we're all very honest we may not care very much about how it affects people who choose not to get vaccinated out of ignorance (not including those who can't get it for various legitimate reasons), but they could become a breeding ground for worse mutations, so unfortunately we can't just shrug our shoulders and ignore them.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I know anyone can pick up any flag and say anything and it does not necessarily reflect on you. I could, for example, wave a Finnish flag and say "I don't drink alcohol and saunas are uncomfortable" and it does not mean Finland agrees.

I get that.

With that said, here's Osama bin Laden's niece waving a Trump flag.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...-supersoldiers

Y'all, Tom Cotton is very worried about the Beijing Olympics and China harvesting American athletes' DNA to create...

Supersoldiers.

- - - Updated - - -

https://abovethelaw.com/2021/06/rep-...lection-fraud/

To be clear, the Italygate theory is beyond batshit. It involves Barack Obama amassing a secret $400 million war chest, then cahootsing with former Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte to disrupt vote tabulation in key swing states using Italian military satellites. And somehow this was all coordinated at the US Embassy in Rome, according to Brad Johnson, a self-described retired “CIA Station Chief” and current Epoch Times columnist.
    What the fuck is up with Republicans and their sudden love of space-laser conspiracies? Do they think that Reagan actually got the Star Wars project up and running that that other countries, and Jews, all have their own satellite space lasers?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...-supersoldiers

Y'all, Tom Cotton is very worried about the Beijing Olympics and China harvesting American athletes' DNA to create...

Supersoldiers.

- - - Updated - - -

https://abovethelaw.com/2021/06/rep-...lection-fraud/

What the fuck is up with Republicans and their sudden love of space-laser conspiracies? Do they think that Reagan actually got the Star Wars project up and running that that other countries, and Jews, all have their own satellite space lasers?
    Because you can't see the satellite so its an easy path to 'just trust me, its there".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because you can't see the satellite so its an easy path to 'just trust me, its there".
    Man, Russell's Teapot is pulling double duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Delta is the 'most serious' COVID-19 variant, scientists say. How will it affect the US?--The whole article is worth a read (it's not very long, take a gander), but I'll just quote this paragraph here:

We've been talking about Delta for little while here now and it has the potential to become the dominant variant in the US just as it has in other countries. It may not affect fully vaccinated people very much, and if we're all very honest we may not care very much about how it affects people who choose not to get vaccinated out of ignorance (not including those who can't get it for various legitimate reasons), but they could become a breeding ground for worse mutations, so unfortunately we can't just shrug our shoulders and ignore them.

Stay safe, folks.
    My question is are we talking about Delta in relative terms to the UK varient which became the leading varient sometime during this thing in the world or are we talking about relative to the OG Covid-19? Regardless I realize it's really bad, just trying to get a handle on exactly how fucked the next 6 months could end up being.

saw tucker doing the '9/11 was an inside job' but about the capitol attack, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    saw tucker doing the '9/11 was an inside job' but about the capitol attack, good stuff.
    It's genuinely difficult to keep track.

It was an attack by antifa/BLM.
    It was an inside job by the FBI.
    It wasn't an attack at all, it was just a tour.
    There was an attack, but it's grossly overblown.

This is like idiot roulette, but every chamber is loaded and all the bullets are contradictory and make you stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    My question is are we talking about Delta in relative terms to the UK varient which became the leading varient sometime during this thing in the world or are we talking about relative to the OG Covid-19? Regardless I realize it's really bad, just trying to get a handle on exactly how fucked the next 6 months could end up being.
    I think I posted awhile back that the Delta variant potentially doubles the risk of hospitalization compared to the Alpha (UK) variant. But I could have also forgotten to do so. It's been a hectic week for me.

Delta is the variant that fucked up India.