Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is a relationship with so many -philias in it I would just say "What the hell is wrong with you!?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's not like it doesn't appeal to me. Most of the comments are about from teenage girl fanfics/headcanon.
    That really depends of where is your sample demographic coming from lol. Most of the Wrathion content I have seen is from queer people on their 20's.

Anduin punched Wrathion when they met. Where was he when they(or he?) needed him most in the Legion invasion?
    How's that relevant?

Anduin had few other characters that interacted with him, Saurfang, Taelia, Jaina, Moira... even Garrosh. The "he was the one who was talking with him" argument is pretty much pointless.
    And the "around his age group" is just false, but I guess people do not follow the WoW lore as much as they want to see some kind of imaginary pairing in a video game.
    You are missing the point. Which is that ships are more likely to happen when peers interact with each other, because the interaction itself is the appeal.

Saurfang, Jaina, Moira, Garrosh; they were not introduced as Anduin's "peers", they were all adults while he was still a teen. Wrathion was appealing as a ship because they literally just got to hang arund playing board games and just bantering. Like for real man, it's not hard to get.

So really, besides him and Taelia, who else has Anduin have a personal interaction that implies even a freindship, from someone that could be considered one of his peers age group wise?

Nothing in the whole game actually tells anything about Anduin being interested in Wrathion(above the rivarly/friendship) and vice versa. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And? What does have that to do with their shipping appeal? It's like you are conflating so many things; people Anduin interact as romantically viable -come on, he literally calls Jaina "Auntie"- and why a ship has appeal -such as Wranduin- with how plausible it is -Wranduin is never going to happen-

You do get that, right? Not because it makes sense why people find Wranduin interesting, it has any chance of becoming canon.

Those are two separate things.

If anyone could turn him straight it's her.

Just putting it out here:

The Would-Be Queen

We all know that Terenas Menethil was the last true liege of Lordaeron. In fact, he was the last GREAT king in all of Azeroth.

Sadly, he was murdered by a son who had become obsessed with undeath. The same prince who slaughtered so many of our loved ones and raised them up as MONSTERS.

Yet we clung to one hope for the Menethil dynasty to live on: Princess Calia, the last living heir of King Terenas.

Sadly, that hope has been taken from us by a dark CONSPIRACY led by one of our own.

Though she was serving as a humble priestess, Calia Menethil was destined to REIGN in Lordaeron one day. The people of this great land would have risen up and helped her fight for the throne.

Anduin Wrynn knew this. He FEARED such a challenge to his reign. So he set about to bring her down.

The boy-king CONSPIRED with the Banshee herself to arrange a meeting between the living and the dead under a FALSE flag of truce. Traitor Wrynn seduced the Banshee into staging a FAKE massacre to lure out the good-hearted Princess Calia.

Then the traitor king had our princess MURDERED.

But that was not the end of Anduin's foul scheme. No, he had his Banshee lover raise Calia as a lich... practically SPITTING on the grave of good King Terenas!

Why?

Because the traitor king is OBSESSED with the dead! He plans to MARRY Calia and secure his right to the throne of Lordaeron.

The Scarlet Brotherhood will not allow this to happen! We will BRING DOWN the traitor king and his undead puppet!

With tears in our eyes, we will burn the corpse of Princess Calia. Upon her ashes, Lordaeron will return to GREATNESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Dead people can't have romances.
    Have you watched corpse bride?

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Also, adding a romance would require additional writing work, which costs money. Blizzard is not interested in spending anymore than the bare minimum to develop or run WoW. There's no artistic integrity left in Blizzard, only unchecked greed by people who has no use for more money, but will fight tooth and nail to get just a little bit more to their billions.

Yes because it's just absurd enough to be a thing.

However, Sylvanas is a big lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    That really depends of where is your sample demographic coming from lol. Most of the Wrathion content I have seen is from queer people on their 20's.

How's that relevant?

You are missing the point. Which is that ships are more likely to happen when peers interact with each other, because the interaction itself is the appeal.

Saurfang, Jaina, Moira, Garrosh; they were not introduced as Anduin's "peers", they were all adults while he was still a teen. Wrathion was appealing as a ship because they literally just got to hang arund playing board games and just bantering. Like for real man, it's not hard to get.

So really, besides him and Taelia, who else has Anduin have a personal interaction that implies even a freindship, from someone that could be considered one of his peers age group wise?

And? What does have that to do with their shipping appeal? It's like you are conflating so many things; people Anduin interact as romantically viable -come on, he literally calls Jaina "Auntie"- and why a ship has appeal -such as Wranduin- with how plausible it is -Wranduin is never going to happen-

You do get that, right? Not because it makes sense why people find Wranduin interesting, it has any chance of becoming canon.

Those are two separate things.
    Is there really strong queer appeal for Anduin and Wrathion? ALso is it only queer appeal? - there seems to be large contingent for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Good points though, I don't understand how anyone would match Anduin with his elders - incl Saurfang, Jaina, Moira, Garrosh etc

Sylvanas though seems to have a different thing going on even though she's much older, she is his horde counterpart. Is here is a sense of a slightly older woman going for a yougner vibrnat male??

At this point - why not. Lets go all in.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, she's dead and that would be creepy and by the end of 9.1, I expect her to be deader.

Sounds fun AF, not the whole lore being mangled but by steering the ship faster into the abyss. Could even make it a theme park ride or something, like Maw of Souls except the ride actually breaks down like ingame and everyone has to fight for their survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Is there really strong queer appeal for Anduin and Wrathion? ALso is it only queer appeal? - there seems to be large contingent for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Good points though, I don't understand how anyone would match Anduin with his elders - incl Saurfang, Jaina, Moira, Garrosh etc

Sylvanas though seems to have a different thing going on even though she's much older, she is his horde counterpart. Is here is a sense of a slightly older woman going for a yougner vibrnat male??
    It's literally only "appealing" for people pushing for a main lgbt romance. The relationship is incredibly unhealthy what with Wrathion lying constantly freeing garrosh etc. There are three possible ones that blizz seems to have set up and one has way more likelihood than the other two. The most likely is Taelia Fordragon the other two are Tess Greymane or Vanessa Vancleef which are far less likely then way into left field you have stuff like Caleia then in the next town over you have stuff like Wrathion and Sylv.

Also for people who are supposedly all about lore seems not many have actually read it canonically Anduin is on record as having been attracted to dwarf and space goat women not men.
    Last edited by Xath; 2021-06-17 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I mean it definitely has cross demographic appeal; the thing is there really aren't many m/m ships with in universe interactions, so the few there are of course are going to be popular.

No? As I said, I can't really see Sylvanas as a sexual being at all. She's just a ball of pain and grief and rage, her body just a shell for her torn soul.

I have a new opinion about this thread:
    Blizzard really should make this couple happen. Sylvanas and Anduin. Or Sylvanas and the Jailer. Or Anduin and Baine. Whatever.
    And put in 9.1 as a reward a +18 cinematic of this union when you reach Renown 80. (hnnn... or maybe 69? idk).
    This would save 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by QueenKaze View Post
    Yes because it's just absurd enough to be a thing.

However, Sylvanas is a big lesbian.
    Didn't realize Nathanos was actually a hairy woman.