besides that, i trust them not 1 yard.
    in short: hell, no!

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    They promised

- Added additional Classes
    - more Events/Bosses
    - more unique items/affixes on a consistent basis
    etc....
    That stuff should be added anyway, independent of a subscription. We already know an item shop is planned.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeah, I'd like there to be the option for offline only characters, that you don't need bnet connection to play. But at the same time, I like to play with my friends and offline isn't feasible for that.
    Phew.. I hear you. Could you imagine the programming necessary to actually get BOTH in the game. Bonkers.
    SIC

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah I think for a game like this microtransactions and dlcs are better.

Sell cosmetics and use those to fund proper seasons.

Basically just copy what PoE is doing but with the extra Blizzard polish.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Only a Dumbass would pay monthly sub for this, when Path of Exiles is out there for free and giving free updates every 3 months.
    And lets be honest even if there was a monthly sub, do you honestly think they would give new good content every 3 months, looking at D3, its beyond terrible updates, no new zones bosses, nothing for years.

1) Would need to be optional. I.E. I can have characters and play them without subscription.
    2) Lower than the cost of WoW's sub.
    3) Delivery of content on a seasonal rotation would be a must. No Patch 6.1 crap where the only real content was a selfie camera.

If they met the above 3 requirements for me, sure I wouldn't mind it at all.

But they would never do it. The shit storm that would cause would be 10x the "You don't have phones?" fiasco. That and PoE exists and it being "free".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeah, I'd like there to be the option for offline only characters, that you don't need bnet connection to play. But at the same time, I like to play with my friends and offline isn't feasible for that.
    one doesn't prevents the other

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    one doesn't prevents the other
    It does, if you allow single-player with online multi-player you open the flood doors for hacks, cheats and all kinds of silly things. We will even have PvP in this Diablo again so, nope. It's literally technically impossible to allow single and online multiplayer because shitty people will cheat. That's why we can't have nice things: People abuse and exploit everything at any time.

From what i have seen with D3 bosses, no i would not give a monthly subscription! Unless, if they make a breakthrough with their design, i always have faith in Blizzard because i generally enjoy their games.

I admit that it is a genre that i don't really like but i fully expect Lost Ark to be what i imagined D3 would have been. If D4 is on par or even better than Lost Ark based on what i have seen on Twitch, Youtube, etc i would then justify a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    From what i have seen with D3 bosses, no i would not give a monthly subscription! Unless, if they make a breakthrough with their design, i always have faith in Blizzard because i generally enjoy their games.

I admit that it is a genre that i don't really like but i fully expect Lost Ark to be what i imagined D3 would have been. If D4 is on par or even better than Lost Ark based on what i have seen on Twitch, Youtube, etc i would then justify a subscription.
    Lost Ark and Diablo may seem to have a lot in common and i kinda thought the same until i tried it.

They share isometric perspective and somewhat combat/playstyle is similar, but it ends there. LA is a full-fledged MMO, something D3 just isn't and D4 is getting some mmo features (persistent world, dungeons, world events) but it's not an MMO. At max it's a small group game and most of the playerbase actually plays solo.

This said, D4 is shaping much better than D3. I played D3 a lot just because combat was so much on spot that just logging to bash random monsters was fun. D3 lacked depth overall, in character personalization, gearing and content structure.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Only a Dumbass would pay monthly sub for this, when Path of Exiles is out there for free and giving free updates every 3 months.
    And lets be honest even if there was a monthly sub, do you honestly think they would give new good content every 3 months, looking at D3, its beyond terrible updates, no new zones bosses, nothing for years.
    If D3 got the attention that PoE leagues got but cost a 5$ sub I think there would be a LOT of people playing it for a month every league/season.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    If they take our money and put everything in DEV, of course.

if they release nothing and make more profit, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Roflcopter
    love WoWarcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    It does, if you allow single-player with online multi-player you open the flood doors for hacks, cheats and all kinds of silly things. We will even have PvP in this Diablo again so, nope. It's literally technically impossible to allow single and online multiplayer because shitty people will cheat. That's why we can't have nice things: People abuse and exploit everything at any time.
    just tag a character as offline only or online only, an offline character that doesn't exist on blizzard servers couldn't go online

I'm interested in new classes always, but subscription makes no sense since classes are always an expansion feature.

I wouldn't be opposed to paying for DLC like D3 Necro though. More classes the merrier

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    just tag a character as offline only or online only, an offline character that doesn't exist on blizzard servers couldn't go online
    Wasn't the original comment that someone wanted to use his single-player character to play with his friends online?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dryla1 View Post
    POE is free to try, but not free to play
    Hold there, my friend. PoE is absolutely F2P, even if you are focused in hardcore endgame. Stash tabs are certainly an advantage tho, and it could be argued that they are P2W to some extent, but nothing prevents you from reaching deep endgame with the basic tabs + mule characters. Please don't spread misinformation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    This said, D4 is shaping much better than D3. I played D3 a lot just because combat was so much on spot that just logging to bash random monsters was fun. D3 lacked depth overall, in character personalization, gearing and content structure.
    I have mixed feelings about D3. The game itself isn't that bad after the massive systems revamp in RoS, but compared to D2 it has felt just... meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I have mixed feelings about D3. The game itself isn't that bad after the massive systems revamp in RoS, but compared to D2 it has felt just... meh.
    As the vast majority of the people who played it extensively and didnt jump into either the hype or hate bandwagon.

They really nailed the game flow and it's still one of the best i've ever played. Too bad there was not enough substance, they had to waste time in revamping the game and then execs decided the game was dead and cut any plan short just after RoS released.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.