Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everyone crying should just play tbc. Haven't had this much fun since wotlk. Questing blows away the Disney cut scenes of live and pvp is more than. Getting bursted use CD. Bursting use CDs. Every single ability has weight. Even if it's just mana. You can feel each item. Tons of fun effects and bonuses.

If you don't like either just get a life or move on. No need to be addicted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    The term Mega Dungeon was cooked up in a marketing department as a way of trying to get hardcore stans excited for the release of something that has always been present.
    No it wasn't. That is why you are splitting hairs. You are trying to make out calling it Mega dungeons something new cooked up for whatever negative reason because you have a grudge. It is no different then in the past but with a new term to reflect what they are compared to normal dungeons. Mega just means a larger then normal dungeon. No one is trying to claim it is a new invention. It is just a new term for the same thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's about time.

Looking forward to seeing the zones from the sky

bets are open that next patch will be 10.0 next xpack

7. Fucking. Months. For a single dungeon and an uninspiring raid that everyone will blow through in a couple weeks.

This game might not be dead, but any pride that Blizzard once took in developing it certainly is.
    yeah, we should go back to the glorious times of wrath when the patch was raid and few daily quests...

"My" crowd? Rofl. Given how infrequently I post on this site, I can hardly be said to have even an entourage here, much less a crowd. Now I remember why I had you on mute for years though. You're literally incapable of making a coherent argument. You cited your opinion as empirical fact without any evidence, then demanded that others acquiesce to your point of view when they point out that you are irrationally defending a company which had every possible advantage with regards to navigating the pandemic and producing a robust and timely product.

Simp away if you wish. But you'll waste no more of my time in the process. Back on the mute list you go!
    The pandemic and its effects is not my opinion, fragile one. It is fact, one which holds true regardless of what armchair experts with a petty grudge feel.

Projection and inability to grasp what is written is your game, clearly. So yes, your crowd.

15+ Year Old Account
    It literally was cooked up in the marketing department. I've got several friends who work in adjacent departments (viz dev and UX) who have been eye rolling about it for ages.
    Oh. Now you have friends that confirm your hate leaning views. Nobody is celebrating it as if it is the second coming of anything. You keep exaggerating so you can make your hate seem rational. You aren't calling out BS. You are hating for no good reason.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Okay, question for the pool of knowledge that is MMO-champ.

After the ungodly ammount of wait why does Blizzard still stagger the raid content over two months after the patch?
    Only LFR. The other difficulties are a week or two.

I'd gladly takeUlduar over this...but also, you gotta love that whataboutism. Just because WoW has sucked at other times in the past doesn't mean I can't call it out for sucking now. The difference is it's been 15 years of this now and most of us aren't willing to put up with this kind of crap anymore when there are better alternatives out there.
    difference is most popular (or one of) expansions had patches that added literaly just raid and it was fine, now you complain about patch adding nothing when it adds crapload of other things, but judging by other of your comments you dont give a f about reality, you just want to whine and complain so its pointless to react to your dishonest bullshit

15+ Year Old Account
    There were people on this thread literally cheering about how great and novel the concept of Mega Dungeons was and how we should consider ourselves fortunate to receive one. But you do you champ. Or should I say--"Mega Champ" ������
    So no one can be excited for new content being added because you are angry? Weird.

Sounds like you had some bad groups. The groups I ran with did every single boss each time for the sheer joy of it (plus loot/badges). But you also made my point for me which is that so-called mega dungeons are content that people will likely burn through quite quickly given that many of the bosses can and will be skipped just like they were in Mechagon, HoO, LBRS, etc. Content like the Mage Tower had a great deal of replayability (using diff strats/specs/chars) and tangible rewards. Dungeons on the other hand, while initially fun, have low replayability outside of mythic+ (which becomes a grindfest) and offer little to no tangible rewards. Many folks were hoping for content that would keep us interested beyond another bland mini-zone and the usual gear grind. And we are disappointed.
    It's not about bad groups. It's that no one wanted to bother with them because they weren't worth it. Valor came from the dungeon completion after all, the side bosses did nothing.

And then you're flat out wrong on bosses being skippable in mega dungeons, since they weren't. You're also ignoring the fact that both mega dungeons had a hard mode that was able to be toggled whether it was by a speed run (Kara) or by doing a certain order of bosses (Mechagon) and rewarded those who did so.

Except that you have no idea what the pandemic effects were on Blizzard. I do. I happen to know that the majority of their full time Irvine employees were vaccinated in February and March as per company mandate. I'm also aware that their rendering software was made available to employees at home as early as May of 2020, and that their main campus in Irvine has been operable ever since Irvine dropped into Orange Tier back in April. Unlike your opinions, those are *actual* facts. Blizzard is just using the pandemic as cover to save money for their shareholders and buy themselves more time.

Speaking of time, I don't think I'll deign to let you waste any more of mine. On to the ignore list you go, and good riddance to you, oh self-styled rodent queen.
    I 100% believe everything you just said, Oh fragile one.

I did chuckle though, I'll give you that.

I'm honestly not very sure how to feel about this. On one hand I'd like to see how the story goes on and I'd like to challenge myself again in Mythic, yet on the other hand I had more fun playing TBC and roflstomping everything than what I had the entire time in 9.0.5

I think I'll just stay in TBC, attunements are better than the treadmill grind tbh.

About time, finally something to do

LFG skipped bosses on Mechagon. And the majority of players experience dungeons through LFG. There's a perception issue here because people who engage with forums like these are those who are most likely to engage with higher level content like mythic plus. It's easy to forget that the overwhelming majority of the playerbase do not.
    LFD didn't skip bosses, it split the dungeon. Both halves still had to deal with the same bosses in their respective wings.

Sounds great except for another dungeon I will have to wait until it gets added to LFG before I do it. Mythic only dungeons should never be a part of the game.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Except that you have no idea what the pandemic effects were on Blizzard. I do. I happen to know that the majority of their full time Irvine employees were vaccinated in February and March as per company mandate. I'm also aware that their rendering software was made available to employees at home as early as May of 2020, and that their main campus in Irvine has been operable ever since Irvine dropped into Orange Tier back in April. Unlike your opinions, those are *actual* facts. Blizzard is just using the pandemic as cover to save money for their shareholders and buy themselves more time.

Speaking of time, I don't think I'll deign to let you waste any more of mine. On to the ignore list you go, and good riddance to you, oh self-styled rodent queen.
    Any chance you got a source for this?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yes, because nothing interfered with the development. Nope, nothing at all, business as usual. It's all about a lack of "pride" and them just not being bothered, not even to make money off the title!

At this point for the patch? Yes nothing should have. Shadowlands itself had the initial hit from Covid and the previous wildfires had a few big ones near their offices which people who work there probably live in the outskirts. Covid shouldn't have been an issue for a company as big as they are since pretty much last summer or earlier. A lot of companies had work from home up and running may 2020.

LFG skipped bosses on Mechagon. And the majority of players experience dungeons through LFG. There's a perception issue here because people who engage with forums like these are those who are most likely to engage with higher level content like mythic plus. It's easy to forget that the overwhelming majority of the playerbase do not.
    No bosses were skipped. You still had to do them all. You are right otherwise though. Mythic only content should never exist.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Yes! Finally. Not that long away too. Great news to hear before going to sleep

It is so very typical that trolls who just come here to shit on the game also have no idea at all what they are talking about. It's almost funny...if it weren't so annoying to read this kind of vomit.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-06-17 at 08:37 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.