Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So um what is new content then? Because raids zones and dungeons is all wow has ever had out side of bg’s and small things like islands/senecio’s, are you waiting for more islands?
    Did you not start the game till WoD or something?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Did you not start the game till WoD or something?
    what content did they have pre wod that wasn't raids,dungons,zones,bgs,or scenario's?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Noone will notice because noones playing SL?
    Last time I was online plenty of people played Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So um what is new content then? Because raids zones and dungeons is all wow has ever had out side of bg’s and small things like islands/senecio’s, are you waiting for more islands?
    They should name this "New SEASON". Not new patch.

The only new CONTENT we actually get is new raid (sadly with tons used assets from Torghast, but tbh, I don't mind THAT) and new dungeon.
    + NOT even unique gear sets! But just reused/colored sets that we ALREADY have in game files ("legendary" items)

Rest is? Beyond pathetic/bad to call a new content.

"1. A New Zone - Korthia, the City of Secrets
    2. New Covenant Legendaries
    3. New and Revamped PvP Talents
    4. New Shards of Domination System
    5. Empowered Conduits
    6. 10 boss raid - the Sanctum of Domination
    7. 8 boss Megadungeon - Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
    8. New World Boss: Mor'geth, Tormentor of the Damned in Korthia, the City of Secrets
    9. Additional Torghast content, systems, and rewards
    10. New Mythic+ Season, with a new affix - Tormented
    11. New PvP Season with Adaptable Gear and new rewards
    12. New Covenant Campaigns
    13. 40 more levels of Renown
    14. Unlock Flying
    15. New pets, mounts, toys, transmog sets, and secrets
    ... and much more!"

1. Korthia is about the same size as Mechagon isle WHICH WAS ADDED AS MINI-ZONE NEXT TO NAZJATAR IN ONE PATCH!

2. Like if ANY spec will EVER use them. Maybe 1-2... Rest is worthless. Nothing NEW...

3. Minor tweaks/fixes from season 1. NOT new content.

4. NOT new content. Just corruption 2.0 which works on items ONLY from the raid.

5. LOL.... NOT new content. Just extra grind and chore which VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS HATE!

6. New raid = YES, this is new content.

7. New dungeon = YES, this is new content too.

8. 1 mob/world quest is new content? NOT.

9. Theres no new "content" in Torghast (from what I've seen from blue posts). Just a scoreboard which makes it even bigger pain in ass. Still didn't see the rewards. So can't judge on that. But still.... NOT/HALF new content.

10. NOT new content. Just as what I said already= new season.

11. NOT new content. (read above)

12. HALF new content because story is SUPER short.

13. This is added as an "item on the list"? It's NOT new content. It's just weekly reward from number 12.

14. THIS IS DEFINETELY NOT A NEW CONTENT! This is something they should have given us from day 1 of Betalands.

15. This is ALSO NOT NEW CONTENT. This is just a reskinned rng reward-bag from all lines above.

.... LOL.

So, overall- we have:
    1 new raid, 1 new dungeon, 1 mini-zone and handful of quests in it.

And it took them ~8 months for this?

IT IS insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Wow, this was one of the most miserable things I've read today. You understand that I'm not happy about that right?
    People who post like spoiled brats usually aren't. You think a child storming off from dinner isn't hungry? Doesn't make them seem any less like a brat though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

The only new CONTENT we actually get is new raid (sadly with tons used assets from Torghast, but tbh, I don't mind THAT) and new dungeon.
    + NOT even unique gear sets! But just reused/colored sets that we ALREADY have in game files ("legendary" items)

Rest is? Beyond pathetic/bad to call a new content.

"1. A New Zone - Korthia, the City of Secrets
    2. New Covenant Legendaries
    3. New and Revamped PvP Talents
    4. New Shards of Domination System
    5. Empowered Conduits
    6. 10 boss raid - the Sanctum of Domination
    7. 8 boss Megadungeon - Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
    8. New World Boss: Mor'geth, Tormentor of the Damned in Korthia, the City of Secrets
    9. Additional Torghast content, systems, and rewards
    10. New Mythic+ Season, with a new affix - Tormented
    11. New PvP Season with Adaptable Gear and new rewards
    12. New Covenant Campaigns
    13. 40 more levels of Renown
    14. Unlock Flying
    15. New pets, mounts, toys, transmog sets, and secrets
    ... and much more!"

1. Korthia is about the same size as Mechagon isle WHICH WAS ADDED AS MINI-ZONE NEXT TO NAZJATAR IN ONE PATCH!

2. Like if ANY spec will EVER use them. Maybe 1-2... Rest is worthless. Nothing NEW...

3. Minor tweaks/fixes from season 1. NOT new content.

4. NOT new content. Just corruption 2.0 which works on items ONLY from the raid.

5. LOL.... NOT new content. Just extra grind and chore which VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS HATE!

6. New raid = YES, this is new content.

7. New dungeon = YES, this is new content too.

8. 1 mob/world quest is new content? NOT.

9. Theres no new "content" in Torghast (from what I've seen from blue posts). Just a scoreboard which makes it even bigger pain in ass. Still didn't see the rewards. So can't judge on that. But still.... NOT/HALF new content.

10. NOT new content. Just as what I said already= new season.

11. NOT new content. (read above)

12. HALF new content because story is SUPER short.

13. This is added as an "item on the list"? It's NOT new content. It's just weekly reward from number 12.

14. THIS IS DEFINETELY NOT A NEW CONTENT! This is something they should have given us from day 1 of Betalands.

15. This is ALSO NOT NEW CONTENT. This is just a reskinned rng reward-bag from all lines above.

.... LOL.

So, overall- we have:

And it took them ~8 months for this?

IT IS insulting.
    You're comparing a .1 patch to a .2 patch, that's your problem. So most of your points are pretty invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    People who post like spoiled brats usually aren't. You think a child storming off from dinner isn't hungry? Doesn't make them seem any less like a brat though.

- - - Updated - - -

You're comparing a .1 patch to a .2 patch, that's your problem. So most of your points are pretty invalid.
    There is no difference between "x.1" and "x.2" patch. Both are "mayor" patches, EXPECTED TO HAVE bigger amount of content.

But comparing "x.1" and "x.x.1/2/3/4....." patch is something different.

Example: 3.3 patch and 3.3.1, 3.3.2, 3.3.3..... =/= 3.2, 3.3......

There is no difference between "x.1" and "x.2" patch. Both are "mayor" patches, EXPECTED TO HAVE bigger amount of content.

But comparing "x.1" and "x.x.1/2/3/4....." patch is something different.

Example: 3.3 patch and 3.3.1, 3.3.2, 3.3.3..... =/= 3.2, 3.3......
    Actually a .1 patch usually doesn't have as much content as a .2 patch so YES there is a difference. So let's compare it to 8.1 not 8.2 like you're trying if there's no difference.....oh wait it doesn't suit your story.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

for reference what exapns would you say have an non insulting amount of content for a similar time frame?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Let's be happy we are getting new stuff, better than nothing, right?
    Nowhere in the terms of conditions is stated we are paying for new content every time you want it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No one cares about Boreghast. People want to spend less time in there not more. Island expeditions in a fucking tower. We all know what a great success island expeditions were!
    And again

They changed the floors from 6 to 5
    5-6=-1
    One less floor
    This means less time in the tower

Also outside of the AP grind islands weren’t being shit on

15+ Year Old Account
    So, overall- we have:
    If something isn't new because it is corruption 2.0 then how is a dungeon not the same old kill boss for loot? That is the problem. You are subjectively deciding what is and is not content based on your feelings rather then what actually is content. Most expansions have added very little if we give it the same treatment that you are giving 9.1.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-18 at 05:22 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Omg this negativity, if you hate SL or 9.1 dont offer you something to play again then DONT! No one is forcing you.
    Also what did you expect from x.2 patch? Whole new fucking Arezoth to explore? We got new Dung, Raid, quest Hub + cherry on top that evil thing that you vanilla edge lord thought ruined the game - flying.
    If you hate ratail then do yourself a favor and go back to TBC snipe Asmongolds stream, everyone will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    Omg this negativity, if you hate SL or 9.1 dont offer you something to play again then DONT! No one is forcing you.
    Also what did you expect from x.2 patch? Whole new fucking Arezoth to explore? We got new Dung, Raid, quest Hub + cherry on top that evil thing that you vanilla edge lord thought ruined the game - flying.
    If you hate ratail then do yourself a favor and go back to TBC snipe Asmongolds stream, everyone will be better.
    They need to speak with their wallets but they think sperging on fan forums is effective

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    They need to speak with their wallets but they think sperging on fan forums is effective
    A lot of people speak with their wallets though. There are posts here all the time about people unsubbing but they tend to hang around and see what's going on

I really feel like this patch will be crucial for many (still) playing the game.
    I am very curious the opinions but not within 1 week when everything is new and shiny but after ~2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Lmao they see people leaving the game in droves and the patch likely isn't fully tested but hey! Release the patch so they can try and drag people back for a month.
    They probably saw even Asmongold talking about playing FF14.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    They probably saw even Asmongold talking about playing FF14.
    Asmongold won't be playing FFXIV for too long. The GMs don't deal with toxic people like and he'll likely get banned after being a dick to people.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Actually a .1 patch usually doesn't have as much content as a .2 patch so YES there is a difference. So let's compare it to 8.1 not 8.2 like you're trying if there's no difference.....oh wait it doesn't suit your story.
    Those assumptions are as bad as the good expansion - bad expansion theories.

Major patches can come with a lot of content or very limited content regardless of wheter they are .1, .2, .3 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    A lot of people speak with their wallets though. There are posts here all the time about people unsubbing but they tend to hang around and see what's going on
    Unsubbing then sperging “omg dead game puwlz” is retarded

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Those assumptions are as bad as the good expansion - bad expansion theories.

Major patches can come with a lot of content or very limited content regardless of wheter they are .1, .2, .3 or whatever.
    When is the last .1 patch that came with a new zone?
    When is the last .2 patch that didn’t have a new zone?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Only LFR. The other difficulties are a week or two.
    And why those two weeks?