Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Yes and what are half an expansion on average?

Two raids and some daily’s like in wrath.

Two dungeons one zone one raid like in cata?

One raid one zone some story quest and the brawlers guild like in mop?

Or is it only recent expans that weren't insulting like bfa’S three raids two zones one dungeon?
    Well I can go over each release and the patch content, but it will take quite a lot of time. How seriously do you want to know the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Didn’t blizzard say that the pandemic had no effect on them though?
    No.

They've literally said that 9.1 is the first patch created through at-home work.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...stas-Patch-9-1

Quote:

Patch 9.1 Time Frame
    Patch 9.1 is the first content developed completely from work at home.
    There is more content already well in the way for the future and it is coming along well.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-06-18 at 02:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Looks like the new blizzard likes to drop things at the last minute rather then telling you well ahead of time like they used to. 9.1 is just a repackaged 9.0. The base flaws of the game are still there and unaddressed. Have fun in your patch.
    This is no different then times in the past as we didn't always get a long notice of a patch date. "Blizzard insiders" from streamers is entertainment. Some may have actually sources. Some may not. But it was all over blown to generate clicks and hits. Because the streamers needed some content and needed to make money. The base flaws of the game always exist in the patches and rarely get fixed until the next expansion.

Anyone who was paying attention to the PTR and what was there would have known the patch was close to release. All it was missing were cinematics.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well I can go over each release and the patch content, but it will take quite a lot of time. How seriously do you want to know the answer?
    What I listed is each patch’s content.

Wrath had 3.1 with ulduar and then 3.2 with toc and there daily’s, and the dungeon I forgot to add that.

Cata had 2 troll dungons in 4.1 and then fire lands in 4.2 with the molten front.

Mop had landsfall in 5.1 which was just some story quest daily's and the brawlers guild. Then 5.2 which was the isle of thunder and tot.

Legion had kara some more suamar quest then night hold and Tov in 7.1/7.1.5. Then the broken isle, tomb and the order hall quest in 7.2

Bfa had Bod and a new warfont in 8.1 then mechagon naz and the raid in 8.2.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Asmongold won't be playing FFXIV for too long. The GMs don't deal with toxic people like and he'll likely get banned after being a dick to people.
    The point is that WoW was at such a low point even Asmongold considered playing FF14.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    Amazing how many haters are here....They hate the game, They hate the content, The patch sucks, This is lame, sooo boring, etc...

Yet they are on here so fast...like they were waiting, with nothing else to do, so they could get on here and let everyone know how much they hate it. To tell everyone how bad its going to be and what a waste of time it is.

FYI, we dont give a fuck if you hate the game. We dont give a fuck if you think its stupid and a waste of time. STFU and go your separate ways. how did most of our parents put it? "nothing nice to say, then dont say anything"....Piss off and go play FF or Everquest or something else. GTFO of our forums.

I cant wait to get into some new content myself. Great News!!
    Thats because many people in forums post because they aren't happy with something. Those who enjoy it and are sstisified are just playing the game and go on with their life. Therefore it seems that everything is full of haters

Come on do y'all really believed that the pandemic caused them to make this kind of content???? What about WoD and it's content drought. There's no excuse for them to be releasing a C-Tier patch. And if it was the case that the outcome of the patch was due to the pandemic, then they are setting themselves up in the future to making no excuses for any content patches from here on out. (Unless something serious happens like death)

And i generally believe that people care about the game but some hate what's happening to the game. There are some people here like me that are not sub because of the state of the game. We are waiting and lurking on mmo champion to see when blizz makes good changes that will entice us to go back. Right now blizz is not on top of their game and it shows since WoD but especially disgusting in 9.1. I respect others opinions and their excitement on the release date of 9.1 but for me I cannot settle for a patch like this lol. I truly wish i saw what others have seen in this patch, i really do
    Last edited by Jetpistol; 2021-06-18 at 03:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpistol View Post
    Come on do y'all really believed that the pandemic caused them to make this kind of content???? What about WoD and it's content drought. There's no excuse for them to be releasing a C-Tier patch. And if it was the case that the outcome of the patch was due to the pandemic, then they are setting themselves up in the future to making no excuses for any content patches from here on out. (Unless something serious happens like death)
    C-tier? Did you test it out on the PTR?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

How can people still be excited about this crap rofl

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    What I listed is each patch’s content.

Wrath had 3.1 with ulduar and then 3.2 with toc and there daily’s, and the dungeon I forgot to add that.

Cata had 2 troll dungons in 4.1 and then fire lands in 4.2 with the molten front.

Mop had landsfall in 5.1 which was just some story quest daily's and the brawlers guild. Then 5.2 which was the isle of thunder and tot.

Legion had kara some more suamar quest then night hold and Tov in 7.1/7.1.5. Then the broken isle, tomb and the order hall quest in 7.2

Bfa had Bod and a new warfont in 8.1 then mechagon naz and the raid in 8.2.
    BfA also had CoS in 8.1.5 But yeah these are the basics. But for that you need to cut out stuff like 3.1 having dual spec, a pretty major addition.

So if we dumb it down to the basics, what does 9.1 have? One dungeon, one raid and a subzone(?)

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    C-tier? Did you test it out on the PTR?
    I mean it's full of the same junk of daily quest chores scattered about, "campaign" quest lines that are just fluff with almost no story just to artificially extend how long you spend playing the game, lackluster class balancing, a horrible direction for the story..

Only thing worthwhile is the dungeon, the raid, and the QoL changes. They could've added just those, and cut everything else and had this patch out 5 months ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The point is that WoW was at such a low point even Asmongold considered playing FF14.
    And he gave it a chance, so all the "I wOnT play tEh faIlD wEEb game" spewing bigots can suck it.

I mean it is okay to dislike it once you gave it a try, but even Asmon found in himself enough open mindedness to take it out for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird1205 View Post
    Thats because many people in forums post because they aren't happy with something. Those who enjoy it and are sstisified are just playing the game and go on with their life. Therefore it seems that everything is full of haters
    I see this argument made all the time with no supporting evidence. Ask anyone in game. Many will speak up.

- - - Updated - - -

And he gave it a chance, so all the "I wOnT play tEh faIlD wEEb game" spewing bigots can suck it.

I mean it is okay to dislike it once you gave it a try, but even Asmon found in himself enough open mindedness to take it out for a ride.
    How can you ask open mindedness when the game itself is closed as fuck. Invisible walls, god awful intro quests, loading screens everywhere.. It was one of my worst gaming experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    No.

They've literally said that 9.1 is the first patch created through at-home work.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...stas-Patch-9-1

Quote:

Patch 9.1 Time Frame
    Patch 9.1 is the first content developed completely from work at home.
    There is more content already well in the way for the future and it is coming along well.
    Yes, they did. Multiple times in fact. Even journos reported on it.

Why are you fabricating and lying about Blizzard struggling with working from home?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    BfA also had CoS in 8.1.5 But yeah these are the basics. But for that you need to cut out stuff like 3.1 having dual spec, a pretty major addition.

So if we dumb it down to the basics, what does 9.1 have? One dungeon, one raid and a subzone(?)
    Ah ya bfa did have cod as well. As far as duel spec goes while impactful it wouldn’t be content which is what’s In question at the moment.

So ya 9.1 would be 1 raid 1 dungeon 1 zone, that would put it.

1 raid behind wrath but up a zone.

1 dungeon behind cata.

About equal with mop with just the zone being a bit smaller as the adds to torghast are likely as much as the dozen or so brawler guild boss.

And then quite a bit behind legion/bfa.

On average it would be about equal with other expans .1 and .2 patch’s. About equal to some (mop) equal but with resources in other areas (wrath) slightly behind (cata) way behind (legion,bfa).

That is of course with out going into quality which Varys greatly like say both wrath’s raid and dungeon being just one room.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-06-18 at 04:11 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I mean it's full of the same junk of daily quest chores scattered about, "campaign" quest lines that are just fluff with almost no story just to artificially extend how long you spend playing the game, lackluster class balancing, a horrible direction for the story..
    Almost no story? We are likely seeing the first appearance of Elune since it has an encrypted cinematic.This is the problem. The criticisms are not grounded in reality and instead dismiss anything simply because they don't like the current state of the game. There is nothing about this patch that makes it C-tier when compared to other WoW patches or even on its own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Yes, they did. Multiple times in fact. Even journos reported on it. Why are you fabricating and lying about Blizzard struggling with working from home?
    Do you mind providing the source for those? Because the latest remarks from the investor meeting was talking about games in the pipeline seeing no significant impact. It wasn't talking about WoW which is already released but referring to all the non-released products still meeting the milestones they set pre-pandemic. Everything else indicates that there were impacts to development with working from home even in employees adjusted quickly.

https://fortune.com/2020/11/24/blizz...deo-games-wfh/ that article also seems to indicate that there were issues encountered that impacted the work flow even if it was small issues one at a time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Eh, interesting. Exited for the new content unfortunately got exams at school and a lot of work, so I guess I can still casually play and enjoy the lore at least.

Not sure if I want to kill Sylvanas and if freeing Eye of Odyn will actually do worse than good for him. It might perhaps corrupt him in some way, I don't know what Jailer was doing with it. I guess I will stand back a bit and observe.

Hopefully they do a free weekend or I'm not even going to take a look at it and this will be the first major patch I've ever missed out on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Eh, interesting. Exited for the new content unfortunately got exams at school and a lot of work, so I guess I can still casually play and enjoy the lore at least.

Not sure if I want to kill Sylvanas and if freeing Eye of Odyn will actually do worse than good for him. It might perhaps corrupt him in some way, I don't know what Jailer was doing with it. I guess I will stand back a bit and observe.
    The jailor had his eye for a long time that was the deal he made with Odin so he could funnel The souls of the worthy Vrykul.

I get a lot of people, its just like bad news, you always see the negative things vs the positive ones. Me personally I just see this update, and man I gotta say, I just don't care. Is it the way they are presenting it? Too long between content? The story has just really went into non engaging? I am just wondering for those who see his patch and are not excited.. I want to know why. I want Blizzard to know why.

It's too little and too late. But most important thing not changed at all: no casual focus, still catering for elites only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehem View Post
    this year or next ?
    haha nailed it.