Bindings of the Windseeker drop rate increased? or incredibly lucky

Decided to dust off the old death knight and ran Molten Core for the '2nd' time and had both bindings AND the eye of sulfuras drop in the same run, have they increased the drop rates or is this just incredibly lucky and I should perhaps go and buy a lottery ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Decided to dust off the old death knight and ran Molten Core for the '2nd' time and had both bindings AND the eye of sulfuras drop in the same run, have they increased the drop rates or is this just incredibly lucky and I should perhaps go and buy a lottery ticket?
    No increases my friend just RNG. RNG gonna RNG. I once got GMOD in 400 tries while it took my friend 5 tries.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Blizzard is not touching any legacy drop chances usually, and if they do, it's big news on front pages of every wow fansite. Once you do enough things that are on a random chance, you eventually get lucky on some of them, it's just how it goes

Also, the bindings have a 4% drop chance based on wowhead data. It's really not that hard to get lucky on a 1 in 25 drop. Sure, getting both of them on your first run (or 2nd) ever is cool still, but not out of the realm of possibility.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-06-18 at 12:51 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Definitely no increase, just extremely lucky.
    Bonus question - did you remember to enter the lottery as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Had similar few months back. Had a binding and few lockouts later had the right binding + sulfuras drop.
    -K

Sometimes RNG is just like that.

I have warglaives on almost every single one of my characters, and for a year I kept telling my guild that they must have increased the drop rate.

Then I made a Demon Hunter, and warglaives still haven't dropped for him ever since lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    Sometimes RNG is just like that.

I have warglaives on almost every single one of my characters, and for a year I kept telling my guild that they must have increased the drop rate.

Then I made a Demon Hunter, and warglaives still haven't dropped for him ever since lol
    Dunno if you need that info, but you don't need the warglaives on your DH to mog them. It can be a different character that can also equip them (Warriors, Rogues)
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.