7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So sick of people suggesting stupid time skips, it's not gonna happen guys. Time feels longer for US in SL. Look what happened to Jaina, Thrall, and Baine. But not much time will have passed on Azeroth.

250 years from that leaker... Yeah so everyone that's not a belf,nelf, draenie, or some other races with extreme life spans has kicked the bucket.
    Or the time slow is exclusive to Torghast, since all these characters were imprisoned there.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

MoP wasn't world ending, nor was WoD, or even BFA before 8.3.
    Having a world war every 12 months is flat out stupid in my opinion, especially when those cases are world ending or "coincidentally" one right after another like the Lich King or Deathwing returning after years of waiting, within a year of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Or the time slow is exclusive for Torghast, since all these characters were imprisoned there.
    Perhaps, but it always seems like we're slowed down instead of coming back to decades into the future. Same crap happened to Turalyon and Alleria.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Having a world war every 12 months is flat out stupid in my opinion, especially when those cases are world ending or "coincidentally" one right after another like the Lich King or Deathwing returning after years of waiting, within a year of each other.
    That's just gameplay reason, you need a conflict each expansion.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Blizzard doesn't really care about the flow of time when it comes to the Shadowlands or Twisting Nether, they had opportunities for a time skip before, and they chose not to do one. The only reason why I think they might do it this time, is because they have the core cast of characters (along with the PC) in a place where a timeskip wouldn't affect them, the same couldn't really be said for 7.3.

Well what would you prefer. We're playing world of WARcraft...

Whether it's a apocalyptic event, or just war, there's always gonna be conflict. As long as the stories are good who cares if they happen right after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That's just gameplay reason, you need a conflict each expansion.
    Nothing about this is gameplay, I'm talking lorewise. Lorewise each expansion except Cata -> Mop, has lasted one year. If you changed the time between BFA and Shadowlands to 5 years, would you have noticed?

Well what would you prefer. We're playing world of WARcraft...
    Okay, so you didn't read my post then.

Nothing about this is gameplay, I'm talking lorewise. Lorewise each expansion except Cata -> Mop, has lasted one year. If you changed the time between BFA and Shadowlands to 5 years, would you have noticed?

Okay, so you didn't read my post then.
    I did, you said that super big baddie events happening back to back is bad story telling.

I'm saying that each subsequent expansion needs a compelling conflict to grab our attention. So it doesnt matter how "unrealistic" it is as long as they're good.

We dont need an unnecessary time skip for that. We just need good writing.

I did, you said that super big baddie events happening back to back is bad story telling.
    Wrong. I'm not talking about expansions, I'm talking about the time in between expansions, that is something purely lorewise.

Expansions being back to back world ending threats is fine, as long as they have years spacing them, which they currently do not.

Also, you seem to think I am saying "Timeskip = Automatic Good Writing", I am not. This is simply one of the dozens of writing issues Blizzard has.

Then just imagine five years have passed...nobody will notice and I won't tell them, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Then just imagine five years have passed...nobody will notice and I won't tell them, I swear.
    Headcanon is useless for anyone who cares about the integrity of the lore. I sure know Blizzard doesn't anymore, lol.

Wrong. I'm not talking about expansions, I'm talking about the time in between expansions, that is something purely lorewise.

Expansions being back to back world ending threats is fine, as long as they have years spacing them, which they currently do not.

Also, you seem to think I am saying "Timeskip = Automatic Good Writing", I am not. This is simply one of the dozens of writing issues Blizzard has.
    But again, what does it matter that Deathwing decided to blow us up a year after we killed arthas. As long as the transition makes sense.

Like from 8.3 to SL. That was a smooth transition if you ask me. We kill Nzoth and have to deal with Sylv and Zovaal off the bat since she ran off to get their plan in motion right before 8.3.

But again, what does it matter that Deathwing decided to blow us up a year after we killed arthas. As long as the transition makes sense.

Like from 8.3 to SL. That was a smooth transition if you ask me. We kill Nzoth and have to deal with Sylv and Zovaal off the bat since she ran off to get their plan in motion right before 8.3.
    It matters a lot to someone like me who RPs and tries to take the lore seriously, but blizzard keeps undermining it with retcons and such. Something simple like adding a few years between conflicts helps world building and gives room for new stories to be told between them. Also, most of Warcraft history has taken place in the span of like, 30 years, after 25,000 years of meh, which is mostly a gameplay thing. Which is why MMO format continues to hurt the franchise, unlike the RTS games. This isn't even 1% of the problem with blizzard writing though.

It matters a lot to someone like me who RPs and tries to take the lore seriously, but blizzard keeps undermining it with retcons and such. Something simple like adding a few years between conflicts helps world building and gives room for new stories to be told between them. Also, most of Warcraft history has taken place in the span of like, 30 years, after 25,000 years of meh. This isn't even 1% of the problem with blizzard writing though.
    Why is it difficult to take it seriously?

You dont think Deathwing planning out his shit, parallel with us dealing with the scourge makes sense? We have have proof of this during the obsidian sanctum having those 3 twilight drakes. So it's not like DW was all like, oooo arthas kicked the bucket. my turn bitches".

Then from Cata to MoP, Garrosh didn't just decide to be an asshole after we killed DW. Dude was going balancing off of good and evil all of cata.

Then from WoD to Legion, that literally took place right after archimond yeeted guldan.

Then, BFA happened right away after 7.3 because of the sword gushing out azerite.

So, no, time pacing isn't the issue, it's the character archs and stories themselves.

Why is it difficult to take it seriously?

You dont think Deathwing planning out his shit, parallel with us dealing with the scourge makes sense? We have have proof of this during the obsidian sanctum having those 3 twilight drakes. So it's not like DW was all like, oooo arthas kicked the bucket. my turn bitches".

Then from Cata to MoP, Garrosh didn't just decide to be an asshole after we killed DW. Dude was going balancing off of good and evil all of cata.

Then from WoD to Legion, that literally took place right after archimond yeeted guldan.

Then, BFA happened right away after 7.3 because of the sword gushing out azerite.

So, no, time pacing isn't the issue, it's the character archs and stories themselves.
    I don't care if blizzard lined up all the expansions to tie into each other, making them all take place a year from each other is quite frankly stupid writing in my humble opinion, as I have said like four times now.

Also, for the tenth time, I am not saying time pacing is the reason why the lore is bad, I agree the archs and stories are (some of them at least).

This is one problem out of a sea of blizzardisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    night warrior looks cool

This actually looks badass! Good for her, good for her.

I like how her hair looks less green and more blue in this lighting. Changing her W3 hair to that fugly green was the biggest mistake.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why a few years time skip is so outrages to some.

Let the franchise breathe a little.
    The way they are currently bombarding us with one mega threat after the other is just suffocating the story.

A time skip would give them a space to re-establish the world, and allow them to properly expand upon what they have been introducing the last couple expansions.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't see why a few years time skip is so outrages to some.
    That's called "opinion" I think. I don't see how a timeskip would help the game breath and even moreso am afraid that blizz would f*** that totally up. So, no timeskip for me.

So sick of people suggesting stupid time skips, it's not gonna happen guys. Time feels longer for US in SL. Look what happened to Jaina, Thrall, and Baine. But not much time will have passed on Azeroth.

250 years from that leaker... Yeah so everyone that's not a belf,nelf, draenie, or some other races with extreme life spans has kicked the bucket.
    It works however Blizz wants it too, really. In Legion, Salanar the Horse told the character he was in the Shadowlands. He said while the player hasn't seen him in years, for him it's been mere days.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Nel..._the_Underking
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

I'm surprised they didn't add Tazavesh to the world map honestly, seems like it'll be a nice little hub even outside the dungeon.