Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Probably WoD's HFC when I was doing serious mythic raiding back then in a semi-hardcore guild... having a full Mythic set. Took long breaks during Legion and BfA, with the guild I was with having dissolved... guilds I've been with since have pretty much been semi-casual raiding past Heroic in mid way into Mythic... never completing the mythic raid entirely.

i had a very close to Bis retribution paladin during Black Temple (sunwell was out, but we didn't bother), when LK pre-patch came out i was godlike)
    it was the first and last time) what fun
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2021-06-18 at 02:12 PM.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

First? Never have. I always raid at one difficulty lower than the max. When Heroic was the max, I was chillin' in Normal. Now that Mythic's the max, I cap out at Heroic.

So for my highest level BiS, I haven't done that since SoO in MoP. I had full Heroic BiS in Siege, on my Hunter (ofc, Mythic raiding came out for Siege, so Heroic was only second highest). I tapped out of raiding completely in WoD. Just kinda lost interest in it, if I'm honest. I wanted to do other stuff. I tried to re-ignite the spark a few times, I did a bit of Heroic raiding in Legion and BfA, picked up a few AotC's, but I was just never able to make it stick.

Now I'm just puttering around doing my own thing, completely free of schedules and "such-and-such many M+ keys required every week to keep your spot" horseshit, maybe doing some old raids, trying for old mounts I still don't have, collecting transmog, and honestly a lot of pet battles. I got super into pet battles, man. I know people talk a lot of shit about them but honestly they are super fun
    "I have watched the other races... I have seen their squabbling, their ruthlessness. Their wars do nothing but scar the land, and drive the wild things to extinction. No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit." - Rexxar

End of BFA most of chars had the best possible gear they could have, best gems, best corruptions.
    But that wasn't a difficult thing to do.

Prior to that, End of Cata.

I've never had the best possible gear before the end of an expansion because there have only been a few times when I have been farming the last boss on the hardest difficulty midway through an expansion. That usually only happens at the end for me and my guilds

Probably back when we had Sarth 3D and Naxx 25 on farm.

Since then I've come fairly close, but the last couple of raid bosses probably had an upgrade or two on them, even if it was really minor.

But tbh, I don't give a shit. I stop raiding when I'm bored of it, not when I've got the best gear.

First - MC, Last - Now I guess?

The audience of this forum is always a little shocking to me. It does not seem difficult at all to just do on m14 a week and you'll eventually end up with gear that's a few % away from someone who spends months farming the raid.

When my rogue finished the Dragon Soul legendary daggers grind, guild was doing mostly Heroic.

Ofc the grind killed the guild, and I literally never once swung the daggers in anger.

TBC, Sunwell Raid, Whatever Arena season it was. I had the best PvP gear then. Quit arenas and competitive PvP then and there with Wrath launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Sintharia (sister)

So why are they listed as such?

No, we only got few tries in her. Killed Cho'gal just before next patch so we tried her on an off day. Then I "quit" and didnt play proper before WoD.

Hence the missing one piece, the trinket. And also why I said bis minus one piece so doesnt really count.

I know its the usual cparle "trying to get people" thing which is just embarrasing, I just wrote the wrong name. Get over it.
    Sintharia was her name when Neltharion was her mate. When he became Deathwing she changed her named to Sinestra. Sindragosa is a completely unrelated person. And they're not listed as such. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sintharia
    Last edited by cparle87; 2021-06-18 at 10:09 PM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Probably during Cataclysm with Dragon Soul i was full heroic geared back then
    And during MoP i focused more on PvP
    And then when Mythics were introduced i believe Siege of Orgrimmar was the first mythic raid introduced in MoP, that's when i gave up on progression raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    most of wrath, i was always ranked in top 10 of my server gear-wise, i even achieved one time first for very short 1 day period during first wing of icc
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Sintharia was her name when Neltharion was her mate. When he became Deathwing she changed her named to Sinestra. Sindragosa is a completely unrelated person. And they're not listed as such. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sintharia
    yes, I am aware, hence the Sintharia is Sinestra. Wowwiki however list Sinestra and Sindragosa as sisters.

What wow fansite is correct? I know I don't care. It was just an example of its easy saying the wrong name.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Sintharia
    Sindragosa (sister)

10+ Year Old Account
    Last half of Wrath. First and last time if I'm being honest.

I have no interest in that now. If it's good enough that I can do the stuff I want to do then it's good enough. I don't give a damn what other people think. I don't play with them. I play with friends and we are tolerant about this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    First Time: Cata, Dragonsoul
    Last Time: Bfa, Nyalotha

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    When was it and how did you feel about it (or any stories relating to it)

My first time was in Wrath of Lich King
    Full 25 man Naxxramas raid tier set
    Not impressive by any means...but i felt like a complete beast

Followed by full PvP set with 2100 rating...on 5v5 clown fiesta that was in Wrath
    Just 5 friends on voice clowning around.
    Im quite sure i was of little relevance for the team...because i was a "Tanky Rogue" with a weird build

After that i NEVER got full best gear...until

Shadowlands first couple weeks where the best gear in the game was the ones you farm in random battlegrounds
    I no-lifed BG's and was ahead of everyone else.
    TIL that Shadowpunk, a confessed ultra casual, had better gear than everyone else in SL. I can't wait to see what narrative this lie is going to be used to set up. Is she going to go for the "It's BS how raiders are forced into PvP" or maybe "Why are casuals forced into Mythic raiding for the best gear in 9.1? SL release gearing was better". Many possibilities but you can be sure it's going to devolve into a rant about how everyone is out to get him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    We have a very passionate relationship on MMO-C
    I like to live my life
    He has my profile bookmarked so he can follow me forever <3
    Its pretty nice

This is my 3rd name change And he still adresses me by my original name from 10 years ago
    Don't you mean from 6 months ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar holy pally, and then again for ICC, then first pvp season of cata elite gear for ret
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    First time: never
    Last time: never

I've had good gear, but never completely tricked out with the best gear.
    same here, I found it much more fun to level up alts and gear them to a quick point of diminishing returns than no life one character.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    TIL that Shadowpunk, a confessed ultra casual, had better gear than everyone else in SL. I can't wait to see what narrative this lie is going to be used to set up. Is she going to go for the "It's BS how raiders are forced into PvP" or maybe "Why are casuals forced into Mythic raiding for the best gear in 9.1? SL release gearing was better". Many possibilities but you can be sure it's going to devolve into a rant about how everyone is out to get him.
    Ok love, i will remove the Shadowlands full pvp gear on first couple weeks thing.
    /hug

first: og BWL
    last: wanna say throne of thunder

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically the first time was near full 25M Naxx loot, but honestly being a mix of 264 and 277 in ICC was more memorable even though I was NOT BIS. The next and last time was being almost full 850 before raids had released in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS