Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Interesting. Not the design I would have expected, but it fits. I wonder if this is just a metaphorical representation according to the Tauren or is to be taken as actually representative of her appearance? Given that Baine said that the Earth Mother was in pain after Azeroth was stabbed, it seems like it's a good guess that the Earth Mother is probably Azeroth. If that is the case, is this what Azeroth looks like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Ye, keep in mind this book is about in-universe folklore.
    And not a literal transcription of events.

Which is obvious as the book contains multiple origins for the blue child, as an example.
    Most likely metaphorical, aye. But first art of it.

Even so, it shakes roughs up the old lore and stories a lot.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the book mention where these myths are coming from? Like the White Lady and the Blue Child story does not mention Elune by name, but only as the White Lady. Could it be, for exemple, the Human or Eastern Kingdoms perspective on Elune? That would make three different stories about her: Night Elf, Tauren and Human.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Interesting. Not the design I would have expected, but it fits. I wonder if this is just a metaphorical representation according to the Tauren or is to be taken as actually representative of her appearance? Given that Baine said that the Earth Mother was in pain after Azeroth was stabbed, it seems like it's a good guess that the Earth Mother is probably Azeroth. If that is the case, is this what Azeroth looks like?
    It fits pretty perfectly imo: Depiction of Earthmother here is an unkept/wild-looking female, whos appearance is clearly based on that of a native american woman.

How many more pages of artwork does this book have?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

At least, I have been informed that it is her. I do now own a copy yet.
    She reminds me of Tei Fiti! I love it!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    She reminds me of Tei Fiti! I love it!
    Absolutely. The scene/resemblance is strong enough such that it wouldnt surprise me if Blizzard used this pic as a base reference.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Te_Fiti

Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-05-21 at 08:40 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Looks like we get a look at Elune and the Blue Child in their anthropomorphized form. Which lends some credence to the 'Elune is literally the Moon' theory.

Woah, this is beautiful. I need to get my hands on that book, literally. Just makes me wonder how the Blue Child came to be.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-06-15 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I think that very much depends on if Danuser makes them his virtual harem or not. Seeing as his undead waifu was elevated from running away from Kel'thuzad while she has backup to literally annihilating Bolvar and his army of undead, if they are kawaii enough their power may simply be limitless.
    Do you also have a problem when the heroes in movie defeat the villain that they couldn’t at the start? Plenty of reasons to hate Sylv but ‘she grows more powerful over time’ is a dumb one.

Ugh, too kitschy for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    Do you also have a problem when the heroes in movie defeat the villain that they couldn’t at the start? Plenty of reasons to hate Sylv but ‘she grows more powerful over time’ is a dumb one.
    Well, the issue is that she had no real buildup other than suddenly getting all sorts of Jailer powers. That, and Sylvie is simply kind of uninteresting. She's just like that sort of person who's always whinging about how society and the world is mean to them after they do nothing but make mistakes and deal with the logical outcome of them but still are convinced everything's out of their control because they were bullied in high school or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Ugh, too kitschy for my taste.
    That's probably deliberate to an extent. This is, after all, based on kitschy folklore. The whole book is kind of meant to have that vibe.

Very exciting that we know there's a cinematic coming within ~2 weeks which could very well be our first real look and glimpse at Elune herself. After all these years of wanting to see more Elune ingame...

I guess she could be shown as an avatar though, or another character going into a trance or just a veil of smoke or something. But hopefully we get something juicy. The cinematic datamined text sure seems to imply we'll get to hear her voice at least...

7+ Year Old Account

ah i see even the earthmother is full of human potential

Make elune an elf? despite trolls being first? no problem

Earthmother not being a tauren but a human? lets go.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Looks more like an Avatar of Azeroth...

7+ Year Old Account

????????
    Trolls and Elune have jackshit to do with each other.
    She didnt create them, they never worshipped it.
    It was 1 singular troll tribe that stumbled upon her, which then got transformed into what we know as night elves.

All her aesthetics revolve around night elves, her own son is half a night elf, she was never not gonna look like a night elf.

Formerly known as Arafal

Cenarius looks like half elf, not half troll, so yeah, she must be elf

10+ Year Old Account

Feels like a stretch for anything to argue. Arafal has a very good statement for that.

????????
    It was 1 singular troll tribe that stumbled upon her, which then got transformed into what we know as night elves.

All her aesthetics revolve around night elves, her own son is half a night elf, she was never not gonna look like a night elf.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Fuck humanized deities. Let there be monsters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Looks more like an Avatar of Azeroth...
    And why in the ass the avatar of azeroth would look like a human instead of you know, the native races.

????????
    so you missed how the zandalari worshiped their own version of elune? as the loa Lun'alai ? even dark trolls obviously already had that kind of worship, "elune worship" is before the night elves and goes far back to the zandalari, why she would actually look like a night elf when night elves only came to be from mutated trolls by arcane magic?

Is like saying argus would look like a a broke draenei and not a eredar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Cenarius looks like half elf, not half troll, so yeah, she must be elf
    that does not make any sense.

I liked how Elune looked in the official WoW RPG(though it's not considered as canon)

With a nose that wide and these eyebrows she even looks like she's full of dwarf potential.
    (which is making it even more ridiculous)
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-06-19 at 10:03 AM.

And why in the ass the avatar of azeroth would look like a human instead of you know, the native races.
    Only argument I see is that Titans have been looking like humans since forever and there's not much reason Azeroth would differ.

????????

What is wrong with @Syegfryed suggestion? If they make Elune an elf, it would explain why dark trolls were transformed to look like that .. basically Elune moulded them into her image as they drunk in the energies of the well of eternity - it's not unreasonable, and can explain why there is such a drastic change from the troll appearance to the elf one..

I get the well can evolve creatures, but it is not unreasonable that her hand was at work - I mean it's not like the trolls needed 5 fingers and a different face and spine.. why would random evolution give them those things if someone else wasn't guiding it?

It's plausible. Also why would any troll dark or otherwise want to look like that unless someone they found incredible changed their standard of beauty and they aspired to that, and she moulded them over a few centuries to match their revised view of beauty - made after her image.

Ofc, maybe she just did it, or that's how they just evolved, and when they saw her, she appeared to them like one of them,, or they just imagine her as a night elf female.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-06-19 at 10:13 AM.