Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I don't understand why it stresses me out so much.

Hey.

Sorry for "Blog" post as some might call it, Please do skip it if these sort of threads annoy or "Offend" you in some way.

I want to play TBC, I want to Enjoy TBC.

But for some reason seeing all the 280% mounts and full BiS geared (Mages who already have all the tailoring pieces)

Just makes me feel stressed out and "Behind", like "What's the point?" "I'm never going to be good enough, since i'm so slow"

But I don't know why i feel like this, I did not feel like this at the start of 2019 Classic or back in Original TBC.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

Sorry for "Blog" post as some might call it, Please do skip it if these sort of threads annoy or "Offend" you in some way.

I want to play TBC, I want to Enjoy TBC.

But for some reason seeing all the 280% mounts and full BiS geared (Mages who already have all the tailoring pieces)

Just makes me feel stressed out and "Behind", like "What's the point?" "I'm never going to be good enough, since i'm so slow"

But I don't know why i feel like this, I did not feel like this at the start of 2019 Classic or back in Original TBC.
    Geeze.. why do you have to be as geared as other mages right now? This tiers gona last a while and you have plenty of time to catch up

What the guy above me said.

I rushed my BIS only because I knew I would go on vacation soon after launch. I'm currently enjoying the sun away from my computer and I wanted to be ahead a bit so that once I return I won't be too far behind the rest of the guild.

Plus, since it was a new char without gear, I needed some stuff for the first and 2nd ID of Kara.

But in general I wouldn't stress out too much. Phase 1 is going to last some time and eventually you'll be done as well. As time passes, things will also become more affordable as well. So there is actually merit to not even attempting to rush it. It'll save you lots of gold down the road.

I'll never understand why people keep treating WoW like it's some kind of competitive race to "beat the game" as fast as possible.

It's not retail, it's not designed to be rushed through and cleared asap, it's designed to be a slow and steady journey. Stop treating it like a speedrun.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I'll never understand why people keep treating WoW like it's some kind of competitive race to "beat the game" as fast as possible.

It's not retail, it's not designed to be rushed through and cleared asap, it's designed to be a slow and steady journey. Stop treating it like a speedrun.
    If you fall behind on gear/attunements you will have a much harder time finding groups later on, so you basically have to keep the same pace as the server community

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    If you fall behind on gear/attunements you will have a much harder time finding groups later on, so you basically have to keep the same pace as the server community
    Also completely false. Both for vanilla and TBC. There's always people running/pugging the "older" content.

The sweaties that speedrun everything and only do the latest content are 1% of the server population, not 99%.

Sadly the community managed to ruin classic by demanding players to rush ahead and be optimal and minmax everything,and all that stuff.

I'd recommend doing your best to ignore those people as much as you can,but it may not be possible anymore. In which case you're probably better off finding something else to play.
    Not an especially nice realisation to come to,but sadly one I feel might be unavoidable in the long run

If you're stressed about other people beating you in a videogame you should probably consult a therapist and not these forums.

You have to remember some people literally only have played this game for 3 weeks. No jobs, no movie nights, just TBC.

I don't know what server you are on but I play on a pretty "medium" sized server that don't have any famous guilds. And on this server it seems way more relaxed. Like my guild don't have any recruitment process and ppl just sign up for raids and we clear it all fine. No "applications" on some forum with an interview like for a job needed. Does not seem like we have that many "epic mount full epic" characters here.

I personally have a lot of stuff to do still too. I can't afford maxing out my proffessions yet, I don't have epic flying, I don't have all the PvP gear, I don't even have all the heroics unlocked. But to me that's what makes TBC so great. All these things are "permanent", so once it's done it's been a meaningful progression, that won't be taken away by some catch up mechanic in next patch.

Me having gold issues is really fun. Because I need more gold, I care about my gold, get into AH pricing, try to level a druid for Herb/Mining, do quests at 70 etc. It's a ton of content, just because I need gold. The alternative is I have all the gold I would ever need, and now I raid log, just like Retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    If you're stressed about other people beating you in a videogame you should probably consult a therapist and not these forums.
    It's not about them "Beating" me it's more about "Not being good enough in the eyes of the people"

This is my general perception of the Min/maxers that control the group invitations "Scoffs, You've not even gotten "X Y Z yet" how dare you think you are worthy of being here"

it kinda seems like there is plenty of time to get the items you want, get to 70, get dungeon gear and do karazhan or grull/mag. there is no tier 5 yet and there probably won't be for several more months, i'm actually doing both my main prot war and my resto druid alt, i'm doing blacksmithing on my main and enchanting/tailoring on my alt, my warrior has t3 but my druid has the gear it got levelling to 68 so far. there will be plenty of time for me to get both characters saved to karazhan each week. ill also probably farm my druid the primal mooncloth set and try to craft gear for my warrior. for the most part ill rely on the weekly raid resets to gear up in t4. everything inbetween is filler time wasting or gold farming / farming mats.

most of these ppl who have farmed themselves to bis are either going to burn out and quit or they will end up levelling 10 alts. by the end of this. you probably aren't getting left behind if you are playing the game. there are always new waves of ppl hitting 70.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-19 at 02:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

It's really killing the whole "going back" aspect for me, honestly.

I remember when I first joined in January 2008, I took over 6 months I am pretty sure to reach level 70, because I was ooo'ing and ahhh'ing at everything. I dragged my friends back to Maraudon for several runs. Instead of hurrying up to 70 at my friend's behest, I was farming the Ogres in the cave in Nagrand for the beads to get my rep up with the Ethereals or whatever. It was really goofy and definitely pointless to do it then when I could have gone back at 70 and killed them just a tad faster.

Now it's like, idk if I can do anything remotely similar. I want to level a Belf from 1 and experience the Horde storylines, read the quests, but I just know so much already and know most of it will likely just be red-Alliance, so it's hard to get excited.

Meanwhile there's countless other games I haven't played. Welp.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    You make it seem like you won't be able to play with anybody -- let alone the game -- if you aren't instantly at the same level as everybody else who started before you.

Stop. Just play. Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt that way when I started playing WoW 11 years ago. Then, I realized it doesn't matter. I made a group of friends and although I don't talk to them anymore (we all moved on), they liked me and we ran content we enjoyed. Now I've been raiding with the same people for the last 8 years and am happy.

You can do the same. Forget about what other people have in-game; it's not a contest. Do what makes you happy with the people you like to be around and that should be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

Stop. Just play. Enjoy.
    That's what i did back in 2007, the first thing i did was not even to go through the portal on the level 60 i had, i made a new alt and went 1-70.

But i don't understand why i feel so much stress and preasure nowdays..

What changed? It's the same game after all

People love to say that Blizzard changed WoW for the worse.

No. Players did. Player behaviour shapes this game. In WOTLK I was asked how I was able to enjoy myself 8 hours/day in-game between resets whilst others were sat in cities bored because they had no gear to pursue. The answer was "Because I want to do these other things, no power gain needed". Those players couldn't even log off and do something else, they just sat/ran circles in Dalaran, moaning.

Now I've been burnt out whilst those same players are happy campers because they're never "done" in their gearing and there's a ton of maintenance going on between raids.

Players made this game worse, Blizzard's role in it is that they went overboard staring themselves blind on numbers.

It's not about them "Beating" me it's more about "Not being good enough in the eyes of the people"

This is my general perception of the Min/maxers that control the group invitations "Scoffs, You've not even gotten "X Y Z yet" how dare you think you are worthy of being here"
    There are tons of sub-groups between hardcore and casual. If you’re hitting 70 in the next few weeks, I’d say you’re following the curve. I don’t expect us to see p2 in 2021, but maybe they’ll surprise me. You have plenty of time and lots of people will be in your curve.

I went a little harder than I thought I would and it was difficult to find a group because the 30 or so 70’s were all guilded and the pug scene for heroics was non-existent… like a handful of groups total in the times I played.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what i did back in 2007, the first thing i did was not even to go through the portal on the level 60 i had, i made a new alt and went 1-70.

But i don't understand why i feel so much stress and preasure nowdays..

What changed? It's the same game after all

The game certainly didn't change. Odds are somebody changed.

No one rushes content except 0.00001% of population. This game is not about end game it's about journey to the max level. Just take the time and enjoy. You can clear raids with blues so no point to rush.