Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To be remotely competitive, you can't do this.
    Who are you competing with? All of this content is over a decade old.

And fantastic news, since all of you hate flying, Classic has no flying, so you can play it forever and never have this problem again.

Imagine being endangered by world mobs at max level in TBC to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    TBC is my favorite WoW expansion by far but I'm definitely one of those people that now contend flying is one of the worst things ever added o the game.

I get why people like it and enjoy it but, it also really destroys the feel of the world.

I'm now in Shadowmoon Valley, all these big scary fortresses with hundreds of elite guards and barricades and towers.... LOL jk just fly directly over them none of the monsters seem to notice or care.

Land in the middle of their fortress, kill the boss, fly out.

What's the point of building a big outdoor fortress with thousands of elite guards if anybody can just zip in? Flying really does destroy the "feel" of the world. It's just way too safe and way too convenient and way too solitary.

I really think they could have done a better job implementing a much more limited flying system, one that gives you some of the pros without all the cons.
    Flying is amazing, wtf are you talking about?

As if Classic's open world posed any danger for anyone when people reached max level and bought fast riding lol.
    This whole argument is just pure nonsense

You are MORE than able to simply stay on the ground on your mount and trek around everywhere.

This whole "I don't like a thing therefore I want others not to have it" is sickening.

You don't have to fly. But don't try and take it away or argue for taking it away from people who want to.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Altariaz View Post
    TBC is good, but I completely agree that flying should not be in the game. For one thing, flying disconnects the player from the world, and hence, to a notable degree, the community. That undermines the MMORPG nature of the game. TBC would be improved if they removed flying (and, obviously, made other necessary adjustments).
    Funny thing, but the biggest misconception about classic xpacks, Blizzard ever had - is that TBC was the most successful xpack in Wow's history and therefore it's TBC experience, that is golden standard of how Wow xpack should look like. That's why they stick to flying is in game, but should be "earned" first model. Why flying isn't gated in TBC, but is gated in current game? Simple answer. Because we have Tokens now, i.e. flying for gold would be P2W. So, flying is just gated. Simply gated. Good thing - Blizzard no longer pretend, that we need to "earn" it, because it has always been the biggest lie.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Thing is, they are still using flying as it was in TBC.

It hasn't been innovated - there should be flying combat allowed, rather than dismounting you, perhaps a slow to 40-60% speed and full combat abilities, i'm sure you can use magical reasoning why pets can float mid-air to fight.

People will complain, like in this thread, that they want to skip the world and fly over it, but who cares about them, might as well teleport in that case ... i prefer a fun ALIVE WORLD IN THE AIR!

It would add incredible new dynamism to PvP in the 3rd axis, it will add danger to the world and in PvE you are no longer running away from mobs but an entire zones can be produced with sparse platforms & majority flying with combat possibility.

This xpac would have been perfect for it. Bastion cloud cities instead of what we have - which is due to the ground combat nature of the game.
    Last edited by yuze; 2021-06-19 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    Thing is, they are still using flying as it was in TBC.

It hasn't been innovated - there should be flying combat allowed, rather than dismounting you, perhaps a slow to 40-60% speed and full combat abilities, i'm sure you can use magical reasoning why pets can float mid-air to fight.

People will complain, like in this thread, that they want to skip the world and fly over it, but who cares about them, might as well teleport in that case ... i prefer a fun ALIVE WORLD IN THE AIR!

It would add incredible new dynamism to PvP in the 3rd axis, it will add danger to the world and in PvE you are no longer running away from mobs but an entire zones can be produced with sparse platforms & majority flying with combat possibility.

This xpac would have been perfect for it. Bastion cloud cities instead of what we have - which is due to the ground combat nature of the game.
    I completely agree with this approach, however, given how many people threw a hissy fit at having problems fighting in 3 axes in Vashj'ir, it's never going to happen.

they were going to do aerial combat for wrath but for one reason or another it never became a thing, I remember a video where they were talking about it feeling too floaty or some other thing where they would have had to redesign the flight model, it never did become anything beyond the vehicle system or perhaps the malygos fight. where you are mounted but you can still use abilities. actual mounted pvp in wow probably would be too jarring with the mounts themselves taking up most of the view point you'd barely be able to tell wtf is going on in between the mass of wings flapping. most ranged classes would obviously be superiorly overpowered with them being able to kite at mount speed. it wouldn't work.

the box art for wrath showed aerial combat in wintergrasp, at least a small picture of ppl fighting from flying mounts in wintergrasp. like the dance studio it just never happened.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-19 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To be remotely competitive, you can't do this.
    "Competitive" ? WoW is an MMORPG, not a competitive game.

The only thing epic flying gives a "competitive" advantage at is mining/herbing.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Bad comparison.
    But flight paths allow you to just fly over everything and ignore the ground. Obviously this is a bad thing and we should remove it.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-06-19 at 03:05 PM.

Blizzard uses flying to bring players back in the middle of an expansion. Its not going anywhere.

Either learn self control or play Classic.

The way they design zones these days is why flying is so needed.. they are so convoluted for ground mounts by design I am pretty sure

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Flying is my #1 in list of "Major problems, that need radical solution in order to stop conflicts about it forever". What radical solution? If some players just can't make themselves not use flying, if flying is available, as they see other players flying, so they think, that they somehow "fall behind" them, then dedicate flying servers/mode, similar to PVP servers/WarMode, is needed.
    i think the only issue with flying is wpvp in which in pvp servers/wm it should just be permanently disabled, for those that don't want to fly that's where they should go

If traveling by traditional mount was so terrible, got dismounted anytime a mob slightly looked in your direction, and what feels like pretty much getting crippling poisoned and slowed after getting knocked off your mount, ya know, yeah ground mounts wouldnt be that bad.

Now what they need is more ways to dismount you, like in TBC, blades edge mountain, between the forge camps they had those anti air artillery for the daily that was up there, need to implement that idea around more places so there's a sense of danger flying but, it still wouldnt be as bad ground mounts lol
    Last edited by Wyshbonez; 2021-06-19 at 03:23 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'll never understand anyone claiming that jumping on the back of a dragon to fly around a vast fantasy world in their fantasy game ruins their immersion, or takes them out of that game. Those aren't serious people.
    It's just salty wpvp kiddies crying that they can't gank every red name they see anymore.

That's the only reason anyone would be so mad about flying that they would call it a major game-breaking issue.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'll never understand anyone claiming that jumping on the back of a dragon to fly around a vast fantasy world in their fantasy game ruins their immersion, or takes them out of that game. Those aren't serious people.
    That's mostly because you probably didn't try to understand the OP. You want flying on a huge dragon in your RPG? Well that sounds fun, I'll take it. But for the love of all Azeroth gods, if you have a world full of flying dragons (and heroes flying on them), maybe put some ballistas in front of all the fortresses, so you can't fly inside through the window on said dragons and kill the main baddie, making all the dozens of guards on the ground look kiiiiiiiinda stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i think the only issue with flying is wpvp in which in pvp servers/wm it should just be permanently disabled, for those that don't want to fly that's where they should go
    Blizzard don't admit it, but it's definitely part of reason, why flying is removed. But WPVP falls into same category "If you like it, then you should be seeking for it, instead of avoiding it". If players try to avoid WPVP, then they don't like it in a first place and shouldn't be forced into it to be used as "food" for WPVPers. It's major problem with WPVP. Everybody wants to be hunter and nobody wants to be prey. Players have to be "tricked" into WPVP situations via PVE objectives. And I don't think, that it's right approach. That's why I hated BFA despite of fact, that overall this xpack wasn't that bad. But I agree, that since we have WM, players, who don't want to participate WPVP, can easily avoid it - flying isn't needed for it. Therefore I agree, that flying can be disabled in WM, because WPVP is only reason for WM's existence.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Land in the middle of their fortress, kill the boss, fly out.

What's the point of building a big outdoor fortress with thousands of elite guards if anybody can just zip in? Flying really does destroy the "feel" of the world. It's just way too safe and way too convenient and way too solitary.
    As opposed to the equivalent, yet slower current situation of running past every single mob and joining a different server to clear all aggro and killing the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So don't fly. Keep your immersion and sense of danger.

Of course, like everyone who whines about flying, you won't do this.
    Don't like covenants? Just don't use the conduits.

Don't like Azerite armour? Just don't equip any

Don't like random gear? Just don't use it

Don't like how a certain part of your class plays? Just don't use these abilities.

Do you understand how absurd your statement is yet,or should I continue?

flying is amazing its the way is done that turns people against it. Those fortresses and groups of mobs should have cannons and abilities to pull you down from the air no more zoom in kill boss zoom out for a quick example.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    flying is amazing its the way is done that turns people against it. Those fortresses and groups of mobs should have cannons and abilities to pull you down from the air no more zoom in kill boss zoom out for a quick example.
    Yes, that's part of the problem. Same goes for PvP. I can hover above the ground on a flying chicken surrounded by dozens of enemy players on their menacing dragons and what not, and they can't even slap me. WoW flying is a very lazy design; it's just a convenience system, nothing more (that does break immersion on some occasions), while it could be so much more. But they won't do anything with it, because that's how many players love it - the only purpose of flying is, for them, to complete the quest faster.