Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I find it particularly hilarious that people think Biden is going to fix stuff. The same ignorant bunch fail to realize that USA suffers from widespread ignorance and anti-intellectualism. Incompetent lead, chosen by the uneducated billions, is the name of the game in 21st century. Albeit not as bad, it for sure is not specific to USA.

Let's enjoy the democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Democracy in the USA is being spat on.

Don't vote Democrats and you're made a pariah by the radical Lefties who'll doxx you to hell with cancel culture if you're someone of recognition... such as the creator of Five Nights at Freddies who recently was 'forced' to retire after he and his wife were getting bombarded with harassment, all because these people learnt he donated some money towards Republicans.
    First, cancel culture doesn't exist.

Second, he wasn't forced to do anything. Yes, the death threats were fucking stupid, but in no way was he forced to do a damn thing. A predominant number of his fanbase is gay and learning that someone you thought was pretty cool in fact helped people that want you dead is pretty big news and it's obvious why there is criticisms about not only his character but also his victim reddit post. Scott said he was proud for what he did and yet he quit within mere days without putting up much of a fight while also stating he thought those Republicans would do more for the gays than against them, and we both know how fucking stupid that sounds. Some of it was a lame ass excuse.

Third, his IP is still going to thrive and he'll be "cancelled" all the way to the bank for the next decade until some AAA publisher runs it into the ground. There's 5 more books, a movie, a massive game, and more coming out constantly, that's in no way "cancelled."

Fourth, he'll likely be back in a year or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Huh? Are u referring to the meetings where the whole world laughed at Biden being senile?
    I remember Trump being laughed at by all world leaders at the same time, did you mean that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    He might have had other mental issue but I fear he wasn't going senile?
    The man tried staring at an eclipse, rambled constantly with no clear topic in mind, slurred his words, slept three hours a night, and that's just a tenth of his issues. He most definitely has mental issues.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, it really isn't. A threat to democracy is bad, no matter where it comes from. In fact, it's worse coming from the US, because the US is meant to be a defender of democracy, not a threat to it.
    Because we live in reality, there will always be a threat to democracy laying around. Obviously, I would prefer if not, but this is not our world or at least, not yet. So I still prefer if the threat comes from the US rather than Russia or China though I think they are not far behind in threat ranking.

The countries still overwhelmingly negative about US influence are Russia and China, followed by European democracies.
    So our former rival for hegemony, our current rival for hegemony, and they-wish-they-were-our-rival for hegemony. We're not here to keep eurotrash happy. Cope, twats.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2021-06-19 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    We're not here to keep eurotrash happy.
    Nop, you are just taking the flak for us and it feels great, thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    First, cancel culture doesn't exist.

Second, he wasn't forced to do anything. Yes, the death threats were fucking stupid, but in no way was he forced to do a damn thing. A predominant number of his fanbase is gay and learning that someone you thought was pretty cool in fact helped people that want you dead is pretty big news and it's obvious why there is criticisms about not only his character but also his victim reddit post. Scott said he was proud for what he did and yet he quit within mere days without putting up much of a fight while also stating he thought those Republicans would do more for the gays than against them, and we both know how fucking stupid that sounds. Some of it was a lame ass excuse.

Third, his IP is still going to thrive and he'll be "cancelled" all the way to the bank for the next decade until some AAA publisher runs it into the ground. There's 5 more books, a movie, a massive game, and more coming out constantly, that's in no way "cancelled."

Fourth, he'll likely be back in a year or two.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember Trump being laughed at by all world leaders at the same time, did you mean that?

- - - Updated - - -

The man tried staring at an eclipse, rambled constantly with no clear topic in mind, slurred his words, slept three hours a night, and that's just a tenth of his issues. He most definitely has mental issues.
    Oh totally. Some of his speeches were like... What? He didn't have that "thousand years stare" though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because we live in reality, there will always be a threat to democracy laying around. Obviously, I would prefer if not, but this is not our world or at least, not yet. So I still prefer if the threat comes from the US rather than Russia or China though I think they are not far behind in threat ranking.
    That makes zero sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    So our former rival for hegemony, our current rival for hegemony, and they-wish-they-were-our-rival for hegemony. We're not here to keep eurotrash happy. Cope, twats.
    Yeah that's grand, the whole planet would appreciate if you sat back and stopped fucking up the planet for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I wonder if this is what it was like in the last days of Rome.
    I'd say most likely. We're in for some dark years ahead. Unless we change soon. Looking at the latest G7 though, it doesn't look like. And I sort of understand the US. They're going to fall hard when they do. They have barely a functional state in place. Their middle class is going to be set back a century really. They need another cold war or they're gone. Europe is different, we could trade our way out. Our politicians however, think differently.

What's cool is that if, or more likely when the US tears itself apart there are a whole bunch nukes, so even if your leaders manage to navigate the declining climate any groups that get their hands on nukes could quite easily put a huge dent in what ever is salvaged.

I mean this all depends on which way all this dick swinging with china goes too. Either way the path to a good future is pretty much gone and the paths to a decent one are rapidly closing.
    That could be an outcome alright. I mean eventually the US will try, and in some case they already are, to maintain control by force. Considering how spread their bases are, I could see this turning out messy. But that's a pessimistic outlook. Who knows, we already have the resources and technologies to live a happy life

Yeah that's true. Though I find it very hard to be optimistic since we really fucking dropped the ball on this pandemic thing, we keep kinda fumbling it too.
    We did for sure. But we fucked it up only because we don't have the economic flexibility of saying "ok folks NO ONE is leaving their house for a month". Not sure where you live, but in most of Europe, lockdown... Well wasn't really a lockdown. We HAD to keep sending people to work, kids in school, planes flying and all that jazz.
    It's funny, we claim to have "freedom" to do what we want and here's a little virus reminding us that it's the market who controls everything, and the market can't be stopped.
    What this pandemic showed us is, once again in case 2008 wasn't enough, this system doesn't work. A strong public system is necessary. Italy done a good job when they found out about it and they were overwhelmed. If the same thing happened in a country with a less robust public healthcare I can't imagine what the consequences could have been. Or maybe I can, looking at the US or other countries.

We need to get back to "community based economics". Economic policies not only based on maximising profit, but rather focused on providing the best service for the community. Unfortunately, the ones that hijacked the political system in the western world disagree.

Nah that economic flexibility is there, people just werent willing to pay for it.

I live in NZ so I know it's possible to properly lockdown. Life has been pretty much normal for long stretches of time, aside from the whole planet losing their minds a bit.

When it came to school we got kinda lucky, the school year had only just started so they just got a couple of weeks extra holiday which I think they made some of back up at the end of the year.

Yeah for sure, capitalism is absolutely terrible at dealing with any sort of natural or economic disaster.

Profit motive and an almost unwavering focus on individualism are one awful combination.
    NZ handled it well. But in fairness you also had the right geographical conditions for it. That doesn't take away from the fact that your government managed it properly.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure I mean there are videos, this is the first article that came up on Google. I quickly scrolled through it and it describes the episodes.
    I had to double check some videos as I thought they were fake, for example, I went through the whole press conference after G7 to make sure, and they're not fakes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.was...emingly-dazed/

It's not even a political issue at this stage. It's clear the man is not fit for purpose. I don't mind what you guys do, but this is not right for him. Will he be able to manage the stress?
    an opinion piece from a Fox News’ on-air political contributor.

Totally not biased opinion there......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what that list is in response to? I might be getting MY old man moment.

That's not an "Old man moment", the old man moment imo is the thousand yard stare, the calling Syria, Libya 3 times, so much that a spokesman had to clarify later on, the stumbling, the seven seconds of silence. I don't know, it feels awkward to watch.
    For someone who claims to not be political and claims to not have paid attention to Trump you sure are analyzing every word biden said and using right wing talking points.

Quack quack.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That is pretty insane to think the threat you are most comfortable with be the threat with an army that reasonably could overthrow almost anyone and the only assurance against such a destructive end is having a nuclear bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    an opinion piece from a Fox News’ on-air political contributor.

Totally not biased opinion there......
    Whatever suits your fancy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    For someone who claims to not be political and claims to not have paid attention to Trump you sure are analyzing every word biden said and using right wing talking points.

Quack quack.
    I was very interested in the G7 and looked at what happened.
    But maybe you're right and I'm a trumpist in disguise. Damn you got me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't recall saying it was an achievement. I was pointing out that Trump had/has obvious issues, but Biden is clearly doing much better than him. If you think otherwise, you're merely choosing to focus only on the negative moments Fox and co. would push and ignoring everything else.
    I wasn't criticising you. I totally agree with the above.

The US is worse, because we trust you. Thankfully, we trust the US less than before, but a threat from an ally is more dangerous because we can be blindsided more easily. So either get your act together or you are the bigger threat. To us. To yourself? Yeah, you're absolutely the bigger threat, too. Not a day goes by where I think the US is spiralling more and more into anarchy.

The bullshit I read on reddit... I know they're hardly representative, but they are an indicator of a mood shift. And whenever I see a thread about... well, police anything, the top comments are "acab" or "fuck the police".

Now, used to be a time when listening to Public Enemy was fun and games, and you're 12-14 and a bit of rebellion is quite liberating, but when that attitude becomes a wide norm and people on here say the same shit without even blinking an eye... yeah, you're hosed, buddy. If you don't trust law enforcement, the next step is to take up arms and start a civil war.

On a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is oops, I droped my icecream and 10 is let's capture a nuke and send it to DC, where do you think you reside now? And before you answer, the fact that you're now seriously pondering that question is already a problem.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-06-19 at 04:18 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The US is worse, because we trust you. Thankfully, we trust the US less than before, but a threat from an ally is more dangerous because we can be blindsided more easily. So either get your act together or you are the bigger threat. To us. To yourself? Yeah, you're absolutely the bigger threat, too. Not a day goes by where I think the US is spiralling more and more into anarchy.

The bullshit I read on reddit... I know they're hardly representative, but they are an indicator of a mood shift. And whenever I see a thread about... well, police anything, the top comments are "acab" or "fuck the police".

Now, used to be a time when listening to Public Enemy was fun and games, and you're 12-14 and a bit of rebellion is quite liberating, but when that attitude becomes a wide norm and people on here say the same shit without even blinking an eye... yeah, you're hosed, buddy. If you don't trust law enforcement, the next step is to take up arms and start a civil war.

On a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is oops, I droped my icecream and 10 is let's capture a nuke and send it to DC, where do you think you reside now? And before you answer, the fact that you're now seriously pondering that question is already a problem.
    Stop with the "you" blabbling, I am from France. And if the biggest threat is not the US, it would most probably be Russia or China anyway and those two are dictatorship, while US is not (or at least, they can still elect their president).

Stop with the "you" blabbling, I am from France. And if the biggest threat is not the US, it would most probably be Russia or China anyway and those two are dictatorship, while US is not (or at least, they can still elect their president).
    Yeah woulds aren't really solid when considering geopolitics. Here's what we have, what China is doing and what the USA is doing. This is what we should be basing our theories on. Not would haves and bloated useless words like "dictatorships".

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah woulds aren't really solid when considering geopolitics. Here's what we have, what China is doing and what the USA is doing. This is what we should be basing our theories on. Not would haves and bloated useless words like "dictatorships".
    Imagine taking seriously the claims of "Democracy" from states shown to be clearly oligarchies at best. Complaining about other oligarchies. The difference between Russia, China and the USA is the propaganda machine selling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Can they elect their president, though? Can they really? In their current political system more often than not they don't elect "their" president, they elect the one they dislike the least. The two-party idea is outdated and it should be buried on the heap of political experiments. The US just barely passes the democracy test, cos they can actually vote (out of the two shitty options they get). But that's about it.

And given that their turbo capitalism supports modern slavery and mass exploitation in the name of profit, their society is suffering, as you know from the other thread where this was discussed to death.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Imagine taking seriously the claims of "Democracy" from states shown to be clearly oligarchies at best. Complaining about other oligarchies. The difference between Russia, China and the USA is the propaganda machine selling it.
    Oh yeah big time. Only thing is propaganda only works when it has the support of the media. The rest of the world simply looks at facts and gets to a clearly evident conclusion. The US is a threat to world peace.