Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If we don't have big breaks like Christmas, 9.1 goes exactly same way as any patch in modern WoW. Sometimes even they don't give date until last week, but it's always obvious cause there is end of season warning.

Of course overall patch is really late, but since PTR started (and we could see progress) people screaming about August release had no idea what they talked about. Including streamers, which is ridicolous, they are people that play this game often 10+ years and often think they are smarter than devs. But whenever I said 9.1 is coming in June, cause it's boost for Q2 numbers and PTR last ~10 weeks, maany people said it's unrealistic.
    June/July seemed realistic since even with their delay they tried to stick to their 3 content windows approach they’ve had since WoD. And yeah the bitter (but frank) view that to prop up and have bleed over into Q3 did make sense.

I don’t see 9.2 until January/February though. So a launch just like Nighthold/BoD/Ny’alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I mean it's full of the same junk of daily quest chores scattered about, "campaign" quest lines that are just fluff with almost no story just to artificially extend how long you spend playing the game, lackluster class balancing, a horrible direction for the story..

Only thing worthwhile is the dungeon, the raid, and the QoL changes. They could've added just those, and cut everything else and had this patch out 5 months ago.
    +1

All I want is content in the form of new raids and dungeons (even tho I only pug). Maybe a new BG once a year. The systems popping up has got to stop.

Just you wait :P gonna be like 3 diffferent extended periods :P if not il finaly buy a subscription for real money :P

about a month from now we will be waiting till end of year/next year to play 9.2? like we waiting to play 9.1 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    for reference what exapns would you say have an non insulting amount of content for a similar time frame?
    Any other. Really.
    Even BFA 8.1 had more content than SL 9.1.

And if you compare time spent from SL launch > 9.1 to BFA launch > 8.1 = Eternal palace (which is 8.2 ) would be in testing at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's not sad at all. You are one of 10s of millions to either play or quit. You are not special.
    Another exceptionally miserable post. I do not understand what about my post provokes people into being so grouchy. This is a sad thing, *for me,* I've played WoW since vanilla, I love the game. I've played almost every patch for the game since launch except a few. I've read tons of the books, watched all the media, I've spent countless hours RPing in the game and it's world. The list of ways I've enjoyed WoW is extensive, and to now be in the position where that joy is not only gone but being fostered in another game is a sad thing *for me.* I do not want this to be the case. I want to be excited for 9.1, I want to take time off from work like I normally do to play a patch, I want to be buzzing with excitement. Instead, I'm just met with apathy laced with frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    A lot of people speak with their wallets though. There are posts here all the time about people unsubbing but they tend to hang around and see what's going on
    Half of the people who claim to have really didn't. They're just using it as a threat. I mean my god who spends hours upon hours a day on forums dedicated to a game that you quit. Sure stop by once a week or even twice, but if someone really unsubbed they wouldn't be here hours a day.

Secondly, they don't care about full on sub numbers as much now as it's more become about "esports" bringing in more money than the actual subs. They gave away hundreds of thousands of dollars at single events which means those events are bringing in much more than that in terms of advertisement etc. Streaming and esports are their primary concern so you really can't vote with your wallet as enough people pay attention to those.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Any other. Really.

And if you compare time spent from SL launch > 9.1 to BFA launch > 8.1 = Eternal palace (which is 8.2 ) would be in testing at this point in time.
    Out side of legion/bfa and mabye tbc all other expands tended to have a similar amount of content with it just being spread into two patches. Cata was up one dungon, Wrath was up a raid but down a zone, Mop had the brawlers guild.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Out side of legion/bfa and mabye tbc all other expands tended to have a similar amount of content with it just being spread into two patches. Cata was up one dungon, Wrath was up a raid but down a zone, Mop had the brawlers guild.
    Erm.... nope.

BUT EVEN IF SO- all these expansions had MULTIPLE raids on launch AND unique class tier sets AND we waited almost half the time we sre waiting right now.

You do realize its CONTENT AND TIME counted as factor here?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any other. Really.

8.1 had more content than 9.1? Interesting, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Half of the people who claim to have really didn't. They're just using it as a threat. I mean my god who spends hours upon hours a day on forums dedicated to a game that you quit. Sure stop by once a week or even twice, but if someone really unsubbed they wouldn't be here hours a day.
    Actually a lot of people do lol, or people who have unsubbed while waiting for the next patch and just keeping up to date on what is going on in the game to decide if we want to come back. Turns out reading a forum about something you spent a ton of time doing is still interesting. I also spend a lot of my day watching people playing games I don't play, or reading science articles while not actually being a scientist in said fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    8.1 had more content than 9.1? Interesting, interesting.
    A lot more, actually. And it took them 4 months less to release it.

It brought us new zone (Darkshore revamped),
    warfront WITH 13 UNIQUE gear sets for both factions
    new raid WITH COMPLETELY NEW sets AND "buffed" mythic version too, not just a recolour
    Last boss with 1000% DIFFERENT mythic version of the fight.

Compared to 9.1 with:
    No unique sets (just recolored versions of whay wr ALREADY have in game)
    No mythic only phase on last boss
    Dungeon with reused gear too.
    Extremely small new zone

AND IT TOOK THEM 8 MONTHS FOR THAT! lol....

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

new raid WITH COMPLETELY NEW sets AND "buffed" mythic version too, not just a recolour

Compared to 9.1 with:
    Extremely small new zone

Jesus, it's fascinating how people can twist facts in their mind to fit some theory. Of course, ignore that raid is bigger, ignore that small zone is still more effort than doing few changes to Darkshore, ignore that 9.1 has 8-boss megadungeon while 8.1 had NONE, focus only on things like sets (btw, never crossed your mind they just prepared SoD sets before and use them as lego appearance, not other way around? sets were named "maw_raid" during Beta) and voila, 8.1 is bigger than 9.1.

This is side point, but also 9.1 don't split up content like 8.1 and 7.2, so for example we have far longer campaign available for single char (in BfA you had to have 1 Alliance char and 1 Horde char to experience whole story).

And OBVIOUSLY 9.1 is bigger than 8.1 cause it took 7 months instead of 4 months (3 months less, why math is always so bad among bitching people?). We compared size of 9.1 and 8.1, not discussed reasons behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    about a month from now we will be waiting till end of year/next year to play 9.2? like we waiting to play 9.1 now.
    There should be also small 9.1.5 between these patches, unless they just put stuff like Legion timewalking in 9.2. For 9.2 I think 2 dates are likely:

1) November, raid launching similar to Antorus - if they are back to speed AND they have planned 9.3

2) January/February 2022, raid launching similar to Nyalotha - if they still struggle (for whatever reasons) OR SL will end on 9.2

So if we assume it's 50/50 they are back to normal speed, and 50/50 SL will have 9.3, I would say 25% for November realease and 75% for early 2022.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-06-20 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If only I can care enough to return... Been unsubbed since January and I don't see any reason to return, with me quitting I feel left behind as it is. I think I'd wait until the next expansion at this point, this expansion theme sadly hasn't gripped me at all.
    Well, you cared enough to spend a couple minutes of your life telling us how awesome you are for not having played since January, so my bet is yes, you do care enough to return.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Well, you cared enough to spend a couple minutes of your life telling us how awesome you are for not having played since January, so my bet is yes, you do care enough to return.
    I still like the game of course I do. I just do not care about returning right now, or in 9.1... As I said if I will return it'll be in the next expansion... this is a forum and I am allowed to express that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Erm.... nope.

BUT EVEN IF SO- all these expansions had MULTIPLE raids on launch AND unique class tier sets AND we waited almost half the time we sre waiting right now.

You do realize its CONTENT AND TIME counted as factor here?
    What I mentioned is a combination of the .1 and .2 patch’s so there was no waiting half the time.

If you wanted to compare just .1 patch’s.

Wrath had just 1 raid.

Cata had just 2 dungeons.

Mop had just some daily’s and the brawlers guild.

So yes they came out in half the time but they also delivered far far less.

As to launch content, cata had 3 more bosses, wrath had 5 less bless because naxx was just reused, mop had 5 more.

Tier sets also aren’t content which is what we’re comparing.

- - - Updated - - -

Compared to 9.1 with:
    Extremely small new zone

Dark shore had nothing in it but rares and I’d assume Korthia has those two so it also having story quest and daily’s would be far more then dark shore.

Warfronts would likely be equal or less then a mega dungeon.

Bod had less bosses and we won’t know if there a mythic phase until people get there as they don’t normally openly test them.

As to sets and other cosmetics you your self said they don’t count as content just as stuff you get from content.

15. This is ALSO NOT NEW CONTENT. This is just a reskinned rng reward-bag from all lines above.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bod had less bosses and we won’t know if there a mythic phase until people get there as they don’t normally openly test them.
    We already know there wont be a mythic phase.

They confirmed it in the Slootbag interview and if the fight had a mythic phase it would be in the dungeon journal.

Anyway, can someone tell me why we talk about a raid phase to argue about patch content?
    Surely a design decision about 1 phase, for 1 difficulty, on 1 boss, that only relatively few people actually get to experience does not count as proper patch content, right?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We already know there wont be a mythic phase.

They confirmed it in the Slootbag interview and if the fight had a mythic phase it would be in the dungeon journal.

Anyway, can someone tell me why we talk about a raid phase to argue about patch content?
    Surely a design decision about 1 phase, for 1 difficulty, on 1 boss, that only relatively few people actually get to experience does not count as proper patch content, right?
    Ah So there won’t be one.

So to it being a proper patch I’m not sure I wouldn’t count a mythic phase what makes or breaks a patch but others would I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Another exceptionally miserable post. I do not understand what about my post provokes people into being so grouchy. This is a sad thing, *for me,* I've played WoW since vanilla, I love the game. I've played almost every patch for the game since launch except a few. I've read tons of the books, watched all the media, I've spent countless hours RPing in the game and it's world. The list of ways I've enjoyed WoW is extensive, and to now be in the position where that joy is not only gone but being fostered in another game is a sad thing *for me.* I do not want this to be the case. I want to be excited for 9.1, I want to take time off from work like I normally do to play a patch, I want to be buzzing with excitement. Instead, I'm just met with apathy laced with frustration.
    And all of these "feelings" you are "expressing" are just another attention grab. We get it. These are your subtle attempts at posting your I quit rants. No one cares. This has happened to 10s of millions of people. You are still not special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Any other. Really.
    Ah ye, i remember that new zone and new dungeon of 8.1 ... oh wait no it didnt had any of this.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..