Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Outcast. Haven’t met a single person that has played it but it was my first open world game; the graphics have aged terribly but I think its extremely under rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Also not obscure.

Don't know if they are obscure, but everyone was playing NFS and NBA, and I liked these games a lot and no one heard about them:

Metal Fatigue - RTS, you could build and customize your mechas. Defeated mechas could drop an arm and you could equip it on your own mecha.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q43ouaVN1p4

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising - a tiny amount of RTS, but you would control one unit you customized (heli or a tank) and shoot aliens, launching from a ship with nano tech and whatnot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpOGAXFlCTo
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Not sure how obscure but Sword of Vermillion on the MD introduced me to RPG's. I remember being completely enthralled in it. Had to go to my Nans for new years and would only go if I could take my megadrive with me to play while I was there.

Maybe for the time, but i loved combat flight simulator 2 & 3
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Amped on original Xbox

Vexx.

I know the franchise is obviously huge, but I never personally saw much attention paid to Star Wars: The Clone Wars when it first came out, and I really enjoyed playing from a vehicle perspective.

Also, I had tons of fun playing LOTR: The Two Towers and Return of the King with my brother on his PS2. Those games were criminally underrated.

Easily Pharaoh. I had to spend a week or so with a dead GPU fan recently and I played through the whole thing again as an adult. It was fun enough but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are really into city builders. It might be one of the first ever too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Easily Pharaoh. I had to spend a week or so with a dead GPU fan recently and I played through the whole thing again as an adult. It was fun enough but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are really into city builders. It might be one of the first ever too.

May I suggest you give Nebuchadnezzar a try. It's a new game very reminiscent of Pharaoh, Caesar, other economy city builders. One of the new games I play too much.

On topic:

I loved this game, but never owned it. I must have rented it from the rental place down the street from my house a hundred times. It was also a fantastic side scrolling beat-em-up that let you rip the arms/legs off of your enemies to use as your own.

Most of my early games were DOS/Win 3.1 shareware. No consoles and dad had a pc for work, so played whatever was possible on that. We didn't actually buy any full games so all my experience comes from some pc magazine CDs.

Some titles I remember/still have stored somewhere for nostalgia purposes. Many of those I feel no one ever played except for me, bonus points to anyone who recognizes some of it

Microman
    Realms of Chaos
    Commander Keen 1, 4, 6
    Boulder Dash
    Bob Escape from Hell
    Chess Housers
    Baryon SHooter
    Secret Agent
    Duke (the original one)
    Guimo
    Jill of the Jungle
    Pinball Illusion
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Sky Roads
    Sir Addalot's Math Adventure

+probably many more that I lost / can't remember
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Urban Chaos
    Gorky 17

Oh crap and that one:

total annihilation

I was still a kid and it was attached to some pc magazine.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

ugh now I feel old

Some good times were also had with PC games played on a shared screen, such as Molez, Wings, Triplane Turmoil and Jump 'n Bump.

GoG recently gave a bunch of old DOS games for free, which included Bio Menace, one of the first games I played on a computer.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2021-06-20 at 02:21 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

No idea how obscure it actually is given Final Fantasy's popularity, but given I've never played a FF game to this day, Chocobo Racing for the PS1 is the most obscure game I've ever personally played.

A second candidate might very well be Claw, an old game for Windows. It's abandonware nowadays as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

There was one game on the N64 called quest 64, it was an "okay" rpg, but my young mind still enjoyed it, and another that hardly anyone remembers is Drakan: Order of the Flame, which was a very fun 3rd person action game where you could ride a dragon and get on and off whenever you wanted to explore caves filled with spiders n such.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    May I suggest you give Nebuchadnezzar a try. It's a new game very reminiscent of Pharaoh, Caesar, other economy city builders. One of the new games I play too much.
    There will be a real Pharaoh Remake soon, too. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...aoh_A_New_Era/

But the Impressions games are hardly obscure, they were VERY popular in the 90ies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Released in 1999 and you think it’s one of the first city builders?
    This, too. Pharaoh was one of the last parts of a series. And heck, fucking Sim City released TEN YEARS earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Outcast. Haven’t met a single person that has played it but it was my first open world game; the graphics have aged terribly but I think its extremely under rated.

I used to subscribe to PCGamer magazine (the ones made of paper), and i remember outcast had a lot of 'AAA' level coverage there so I wouldn't call it obscure. I did not play it though but there was a demo that i tried that came with the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    There was one game on the N64 called quest 64, it was an "okay" rpg, but my young mind still enjoyed it, and another that hardly anyone remembers is Drakan: Order of the Flame, which was a very fun 3rd person action game where you could ride a dragon and get on and off whenever you wanted to explore caves filled with spiders n such.
    Don't ever try to revisit Quest 64 if you still remember it as okay then.
    There's something about it that just drains my will to live away nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say
    The game called Run , loved that in school and Bloons
    I absolutely loved BattleTanx: Global Assault for the 64. It had so many cool tank types. One that could flip left and right, extremely OP due to how it can move and dodge incoming bullets. There was a PS2 game that was similar, i know it had that flipping tank, but it was made into a battle arena style and not post apocalyptic wasteland with a base to defend. I didn't like it as much.

Glover was okay. Im not sure how obscure that is, I remember it being 20 dollars back in the day and that was cheap for a game lol. I can't say I've ever had a friend tell me about the game.

I hated mario's time machine. Parents rented it from blockbuster when I was about 4 or 5. I couldn't read well then, and the entire game is about history and filling in the blanks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Outcastbox.jpg
    It got a remake a while back. Have you tried it?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?