Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Imagine thinking that mtx and boosts don't affect others.

imagine thinking me paying to skip an irrelevant part of the game affects your game experience. i leveled during real BC from 1-70 and it was damn near impossible to get a group for dungeons, group quests or even just help for elites in vanilla content. the way all of that was designed was for lots of people to be playing that content to make it easier to do. but when tbc came out, there was almost no one left in the old world. so yeah, if i want to be nostalgic about tbc and not vanilla, i should be able to skip the vanilla content, because thats not what im there for. the only thing it ruins is your sense of elitism.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    and the fact that they are means something needs to change.
    yeah, their attitude toward it. dont like it, just ignore it. its completely optional.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Did you even watch the whole video? It's not just microtransactions but the dungeon finder, raid finder, tokens etc. It's pathetic they even added level boost to an old version of the game. So sad.

Retail is just a massive cash grab now with expansions that have less and less content each year.
    I'm glad they added the boost so I didn't have to level through the dogshit classic zones and could jump right into tbc

Dungeon finder, LFR and tokens are great as it opens up opportunities for the overwhelming majority of the playerbase that doesn't raid normal and upwards, or wants to farm gold, etc.

The game clearly isn't made for people like you. Why are you still playing? Is the addiction that real?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    He even puts in the video that the boost gets you to max level... The boost has never gotten you to max level. (Just before a new expansion drops, technically it is, but I wouldn't really call that max level speaking the expansion is literally over)

- - - Updated - - -

Nah it's no where near his best objectively.
    And again negativity sells, negative content pulls in a lot, nearly double that of positive, for everything not just wow.
    Sure. Whenever someone has a negative or different opinion about something, it's just for views/likes/etc. It's not because he's a fan of the game or passionate about it. /s
    Don't you think that he would be praising the game if he wanted that? Especially if he has some sort of a contract with Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    yeah, their attitude toward it. dont like it, just ignore it. its completely optional.
    Same for you. If you don't like the video, just ignore it. It's completely optional to watch it.

Luckily, freedom of speech exists, so stuff like that can be created and publicly posted.
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2021-06-20 at 02:03 PM.

imagine thinking me paying to skip an irrelevant part of the game affects your game experience. i leveled during real BC from 1-70 and it was damn near impossible to get a group for dungeons, group quests or even just help for elites in vanilla content. the way all of that was designed was for lots of people to be playing that content to make it easier to do. but when tbc came out, there was almost no one left in the old world. so yeah, if i want to be nostalgic about tbc and not vanilla, i should be able to skip the vanilla content, because thats not what im there for. the only thing it ruins is your sense of elitism.
    Ok - I'll only say it once in this thread:

It devalues character progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    The toxic attitude of players (in any online game, really) won't change. Trash people will still be trash people, with not even a fraction of a chance to change them.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing that opinion. I and many others disagree.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm glad they added the boost so I didn't have to level through the dogshit classic zones and could jump right into tbc

Dungeon finder, LFR and tokens are great as it opens up opportunities for the overwhelming majority of the playerbase that doesn't raid normal and upwards, or wants to farm gold, etc.

The game clearly isn't made for people like you. Why are you still playing? Is the addiction that real?
    Why are things that improve the game behind a cashop? They intentionally let you "level through the dogshit classic zones" - so they can sell boosts to you. Back in the days' developers tried to make their games better - nowadays they make their games intentionally shit so you spend real moneys to not have to do the shit part. Completely hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Sure. Whenever someone has a negative or different opinion about something, it's just for views/likes/etc.
    Don't you think that he would be praising the game if he wanted that? Especially if he has some sort of a contract with Blizzard?

Same for you. If you don't like the video, just ignore it. It's completely optional to watch it.

Luckily, freedom of speech exists, so stuff like that can be created and publicly posted.
    No, but when someone does a 180 flip from joking about how people making fun of the store mount is over the top, to "store mount killed the game" in only a week it is very... very obvious what is going on.

also you know freedom of speech does not exist everywhere right?

- - - Updated - - -

spending a couple hours afk while a mage carries you is not "character progression"

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, the playerbase needs to suck it the fuck up, they were fine with it in vanilla, and tbc, and wotlk for everything but the celestial steed, then after that they picked and chose what they did or did not like, even though it was all the same thing.
    the playerbase loves to cherrypick, and loves to look at the game through nostalgia glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I much prefer him being funny than jumping on the bandwagon like this. And yeah, with half the video being "muh MTX bad wow is ded lol" I do think it's bandwagon jumping.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still unsure of the hate for Boosts. If you want the Vanilla Experience still, stay in Vanilla and level there. 1-58 is Vanilla. Why would People that didn't play Vanilla want to have to level through Vanilla to enjoy TBC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the video has a nostalgic and melancholy feel but why do people keep forgetting the biggest reason why people who have been playing since vanilla are getting bored with the game?

Life basically.

I started playing in high-school and had a ton of time to kill, and now I'm a fully functioning adult with responsibilities and a lot of other interests besides just WoW. I cannot imagine coming even close to investing the sort of time I did at the time in this game anymore and whenever I do pop back in for a bit I enjoy my time with it before invariably taking a break again due to lack of time.

People are trying hard to hold on to a "feeling" that they got back in the day and its like trying to catch sand with your hands. People who started in Vanilla are 30+ now, many with children of their own, and rather than lay the blame solely at Blizzards feet why don't people realize that it's okay to grow tired of a hobby or a game after this long and seek that feeling elsewhere.

Seems like midlife crisis disguised as criticism of the game for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it was in Classic? Sure. in TBC? The TBC character Progression is in TBC which starts at 58.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, but when someone does a 180 flip from joking about how people making fun of the store mount is over the top, to "store mount killed the game" in only a week it is very... very obvious what is going on.

also you know freedom of speech does not exist everywhere right?

- - - Updated - - -

spending a couple hours afk while a mage carries you is not "character progression"

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, the playerbase needs to suck it the fuck up, they were fine with it in vanilla, and tbc, and wotlk for everything but the celestial steed, then after that they picked and chose what they did or did not like, even though it was all the same thing.
    the playerbase loves to cherrypick, and loves to look at the game through nostalgia glasses.
    How about you suck the f*ck up that not everyone likes the current state of the game and be respectful? If someone makes a video about how the game is currently best version of itself, fine. I don't care. But these kind of statements are laughable.

"My opionion is the only one that's right and everyone else just has to s*ck it the fuck up" mentality is ridiculous and you're one of many that contributed to this awful state this game has right now.

Oh and yes, WoW is dying. 2m active subscribers vs 12m it once had is kinda different. Suck that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    If it was in Classic? Sure. in TBC? The TBC character Progression is in TBC which starts at 58.
    I started playing in TBC, but my mage had to start at level 1. Strange. Wasn't TBC that I played?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

I mean...we are in the classic forum, where those do not (yet) exist, perhaps someone, among other things, chose Classic because of the absence of these things?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably one of the very best videos ever made by them - purely objective here. Like/dislike ratio and view count speak volumes.
    So like i said, he jumped on the good ol' 'we hate wow' bandwagon echo chamber and people are eating out of his hands. Good for him i guess, easy money.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

This is probably one of the very best videos ever made by them - purely objective here. Like/dislike ratio and view count speak volumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine thinking that mtx and boosts don't affect others.
    I dont see how, imagine finishing elementary school and MTX on others somehow affect your gameplay.

this video was a bit funny and a lot "meh"...

this will never top the feels I get everytime I re watch his last episodes of "starcrafts S7, GG no re" perfect music for the last scene, huge flashback with all those characters we got attached to, and I still haven't been able to re watch that video without shedding a few tears ^^

looks like an adult who doesn't know how to be social and adapt. i dont use automated group finders for anything in the game. i even skip heroic dungeons while gearing because they are pointless.
    Pretty much, every mmo-champion WoW-Hater.

So many non-existing problems this people rotate around when you can simply you know, have friends.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I dont see how, imagine finishing elementary school and MTX on others somehow affect your gameplay.
    What do you mean with gameplay? The way I press 1,2,3,4 and move out fire? Na, that part isn't affected. But the reason why I press 1,2,3,4 and move out of fire is.