Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What do you mean with gameplay? The way I press 1,2,3,4 and move out fire? Na, that part isn't affected. But the reason why I press 1,2,3,4 and move out of fire is.
    If MTX is the reason for you to play the game, you are everything thats wrong with the gaming world after 2010.

Then again, if people like you dont exist, i dont get to have a new raid every 6 months to goof around with friends, or irrelevant mmo's to play for 2-3 weeks and never replay them cause they are mostly terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

yeah, the playerbase needs to suck it the fuck up, they were fine with it in vanilla, and tbc, and wotlk for everything but the celestial steed, then after that they picked and chose what they did or did not like, even though it was all the same thing.
    the playerbase loves to cherrypick, and loves to look at the game through nostalgia glasses.
    well the traction this video got means Blizzard can go back to the no mtx days for retail. 50% are indifferent whether there are mtx and 50% are against mtx. let's go back to 12 million subs. sounds good to me.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing in TBC, but my mage had to start at level 1. Strange. Wasn't TBC that I played?
    When you Originally played TBC, were there official servers for purely Classic?

No? Exactly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played the game since the beginning and have only taken it less seriously at the end of BFA and into Shadowlands. Why? I just don't have the commitment to lead/organize a raid guild anymore, so the most I do in WoW is arena, M+ and I play Classic iterations of the game as well, with friends.

As somebody who has managed and played with hundreds of people in my 17 years of playing the game, the most roll over I've seen was in WoTLK and ironically Legion. Not a single one of them quit for reasons that are normally portrayed on these forums or made to be big evils, most of them simply quit because they got bored of the game or things in their life changing. Imaging playing a game that's been out for 17 years and people quitting every couple years and pretending that a big reason people don't quit is because they just want to play different games, or have different interests in life? Decisions Blizzard makes obviously causes people to quit, but these forums and this community as a whole turns a massive blind eye to the big elephant in the room, and that's just the fucking age of the game.

This isn't me saying that Blizzard hasn't made absolutely retarded decisions, but I've never had people I played with quit because of store mounts, boosts, or the fucking LFD queue. My friends I entered WoW with quit in WoTLK because they've been playing the same type of game for going on 6 years and that's a long fucking time to devote to a single game. They didn't quit because of those evils people talk about, or that the game changed, a lot of it's simply because they changed and MMOs were no longer for them. In some ways I'll ironically defend the boosts because if not for the boosts, I wouldn't even have those friends I played with in ages past come back to begin with, and this is certainly true with TBCC. Small sample size I know, but my enjoyment of TBCC was increased a lot as I had close to 10 people who never wanted to touch Classic actually play because they could actually play TBCC instead of drudging through 5 days of playtime leveling a character.

The video to me is incredibly eye rolling to be honest and just smells of jumping on a band wagon for quick views. Blizzard and the community is sort of shit TBH and it transcends both the live and classic versions of the game. You have so many people fixated on meta gaming an old game in the Classic version that all you see in a world with LFG is a fucking SEA of LF tank and to some degree healer in that chat channel. The only nice thing about Classic as a whole is you have two very distinct communities living inside of it, one group which is sweaty as fuck and loves all the old *quirks* in the older version of the game, and you have another part of the community that enjoys the slower pace but is also critical of how the sweaty people play the game. Luckily you can isolate yourself so much that neither group really has to play with each other at all.

The game is played differently in 2021 and it's pretty retarded that old boomers are trying to relive those old memories when the community was slobbering retards and the game had less delicate ways of trying to group people together (and I certainly fall into the WoW boomer category as well). Maybe I'm living under a rock and I can fully acknowledge that I'm wrong, but nothing that this video displays was ever a reason anyone has ever given me as to why the game was suddenly less fun. To me it's literally always been, bored of game I've been playing for years, life obligations, and can no longer commit to the portions of the game I actually have fun with. I've never once had somebody tell me nothing matters because people are running around on sparkle horses, boosts or the WoW token.

TLDR; Retards making comments or videos trying and inhaling lots of copium to explain why Blizzard = Evil, without acknowledging that a big part of it is probably that WoW is 17 years old and is probably the biggest reason the community has been on the decline for the better part of a decade. It's like people don't know what a product cycle is and are frantically trying to hold onto something they're ironically, hopelessly addicted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

No? Exactly.
    Does a new character on TBC Classic Servers instantly become 58?

No? Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Does a new character on TBC Classic Servers instantly become 58?

No? Exactly.
    Would be cool if they did tbh. I don't understand why that wasn't the default for era specific expansions. Well ok I get why money but I mean in a world where that isn't the case. The few times ive quite wow early on was boredom from how bad leveling was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

The game is played differently in 2021 and it's pretty retarded that old boomers are trying to relive those old memories when the community was slobbering retards and the game had less delicate ways of trying to group people together (and I certainly fall into the WoW boomer category as well). Maybe I'm living under a rock and I can fully acknowledge that I'm wrong, but nothing that these video displays was ever a reason anyone has ever given me as to why the game was suddenly less fun. To me it's literally always been, bored of game I've been playing for years, life obligations, and can no longer commit to the portions of the game I actually have fun with. I've never once had somebody tell me nothing matters because people are running around on sparkle horses, boosts or the WoW token.
    You are not wrong, you are using logic, i have played/talked/been on LAN with hundreds of WoW players, no one ever quit because of any of the stupid reasons on forums.

Your wall of text is basically true, compared to the other dumb stuff you read on here all the time.

95% of them quit because life caught up or got bored and then restarted sometime in the next year(s), 5% of them quit because if they dont stop playing and shape up they will end on living in the street cause life is catching up, and because they simply cant devote time to gaming anymore, they moved on.

The video is literally a 100% bandwagon-go with the hate to get views.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

Thanks for sharing that opinion. I and many others disagree.
    yep. we've had 10 years of mtx in WoW now we go and try another 10 years without them. that way everyone gets to have their turn.

>Content creator goes out of his way to support Blizzard for years and years on end despite the criticism even before getting a contract with blizzard. Keeps going the extra mile for several more years and tries to be positive despite everything

>Makes one sad video illustrating his melancholia regarding the current state of the game

>"lmao blizzard hater lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Would be cool if they did tbh. I don't understand why that wasn't the default for era specific expansions. Well ok I get why money but I mean in a world where that isn't the case. The few times ive quite wow early on was boredom from how bad leveling was.
    Read up any argument against the boost that doesn't involve "Blizzard is greedy", i doubt they'll change your mind but that's another debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    TLDR; Retards making comments or videos trying and inhaling lots of copium to explain why Blizzard = Evil, without acknowledging that a big part of it is probably that WoW is 17 years old and is probably the biggest reason the community has been on the decline for the better part of a decade. It's like people don't know what a product cycle is and are frantically trying to hold onto something they're ironically, hopelessly addicted too.
    Personally, i wouldn't throw around "retard" when you write a small essay yet forget the simple fact that this video & thread is primarily about a rerelease of a 15 year old game, of course it should follow the old school design because that's what it is and that's why people want to play it.

A rerelease should not "adapt" to the modern audience in every facet because then one could skip this whole ordeal and just play the modern game.
    You just cannot tell me with a straight face that TBC could somehow not have a stable population without the boost, despite the fact that there have been loads of Classic servers with a decent population right up the release of TBC.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-20 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

No? Exactly.
    You act like leveling wasn't a core part of the game in TBC anymore. When I clearly spend the majority of the addon leveling. What have classic servers to do with any of this?

Don't get me wrong. I think that they let you skip leveling in TBCC is a good thing, since for a lot of people me included leveling is boring and shit. But why do they charge you for it? If blizzard really thinks that it's better for the game for you to have the option to skip leveling, then why charge you for it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    If MTX is the reason for you to play the game, you are everything thats wrong with the gaming world after 2010.

Then again, if people like you dont exist, i dont get to have a new raid every 6 months to goof around with friends, or irrelevant mmo's to play for 2-3 weeks and never replay them cause they are mostly terrible.
    You have absolutely no idea what I'm even saying. This kinda funny.

like there is no reason to even discuss this any further. we've had mtx in wow for the last 10 years and now we'll remove them for 10 years so that everyone who dislikes mtx in WoW gets to have fun. we don't decide who is right or who is wrong because it's subjective. we just make it fair and give everyone their time to have fun in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post

Surprised that no one posted this here before me.
    This is just pure epic piece of art, and very meaningful one. What you guys this of this video, does it touch something inside you as well? I watched it like 10 times already, and nearly crying every time I watch it. This hits home way too hard.
    That's not world of warcraft at all. Most people never reached Molten Core, and very few ever got that weapon in vanilla. People were busy making social bonds out in the world.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    >Content creator goes out of his way to support Blizzard for years and years on end despite the criticism even before getting a contract with blizzard. Keeps going the extra mile for several more years and tries to be positive despite everything

>Makes one sad video illustrating his melancholia regarding the current state of the game

>"lmao blizzard hater lol"
    The main problem is that the video doesnt come off as a statement about the current state of the game, it just feels like a pathetic attempt to cash some easy views of hating on the game for the sake of hating on the game.

Its very obvious too if you consider how he overexaggerate negative things like playerboost going to max lvl or literally everyone leaving the game, just to name a few.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You act like leveling wasn't a core part of the game in TBC anymore. When I clearly spend the majority of the addon leveling. What have classic servers to do with any of this?
    Sentences like this is why you guys cant be taken seriously ever, and why guys like me are being called "elitist" for calling it out.

You think your irrelevant gaming experience matters and its correct in any way shape and form, when you are literally paying to play a game you are not supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Because it's an "EXPANSION" of the original game. Not a standalone game.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Sentences like this is why you guys cant be taken seriously ever, and why guys like me are being called "elitist" for calling it out.

You think your irrelevant gaming experience matters and its correct in any way shape and form, when you are literally paying to play a game you are not supposed to.
    If leveling in TBC wasn't supposed then why was it still in the game? You make no sense.

Damn all it took was one melancholic video from a respected creator to trigger the MMO-C WoW stans.

If leveling in TBC wasn't supposed then why was it still in the game? You make no sense.
    I never said "leveling wasnt supposed" whatever that means in the English language.

But you literally came out and said that leveling was important to you because it was the majority of your play in TBC.

Something that took me 15 hours played, was the majority of your gameplay experience, do you even comprehend how irrelevant your experience is? Following your own words, maybe you wrote it wrongly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't get me wrong. I think that they let you skip leveling in TBCC is a good thing, since for a lot of people me included leveling is boring and shit. But why do they charge you for it? If blizzard really thinks that it's better for the game for you to have the option to skip leveling, then why charge you for it?
    Like I can sort of agree with your assessment here that Blizzard could've given you a single free boost and maybe some of this hoopla would've subsided, but I honestly doubt it. What do people want though? A single free boost, followed by the option to pay for one additional boost, or just one free boost?

My analysis of this is still that the game has changed from how we played years ago and regardless of whether or not leveling was actually part of the experience when TBC launched 15 years ago. Leveling at this stage of the game has changed to an isolated pocket within an expansion, and it's the big reason we saw RAF appear in TBC, leveling requirements eased with each expansion, heirlooms being introduced, and pretty much the final attempt being a complete revamp to the world in Cataclysm to encourage leveling. Personally I loved the Cataclysm revamp, but from what I could tell it wasn't received all that well. Part of this was because almost everyone shifted their interest to end game and didn't care about leveling anymore, and another part just let out a massive REEE that the old world was gone forever.

I hope people can honestly admit that entering WoW as a new player, likely from the good word of a friend in expansions past, only to realize that you have to climb anywhere from 59-119 levels is pretty daunting. This is especially true depending on the era, and me telling people who never experienced Classic at all that it might take a week of actual playtime is pretty much a 50/50 on whether they even bother.

I think discussing price is fine, but it always gets muddy because it's a discussion between realists (who understand companies want to make money, but shouldn't be greedy) and delusional people who think that Blizzard makes enough money so everything should be free.

Necessary evils or not, I think the positives far outweigh the negatives when it comes to boosting in TBCC and soon WoTLKC. If all we have to deal with is a boost to 68 in WoTLK, I think that's honestly okay in my eyes.