Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Hell, you literally have NEVER not heard the complaints that the real reason people left was that their friends just stopped. And when that happened, the game stopped being fun. Unsurprising, really.
    The majority of my friends leaving is due to.. well, life, not even the game. Luckily, I tend to find new but one looks at the friend list with a sigh..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The toxic attitude of players (in any online game, really) won't change. Trash people will still be trash people, with not even a fraction of a chance to change them.
    Another thing that sadly scares away new people, or returning people. I've seen such in various MMOs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    What percentage of statistics do they say are made up?
    no one has the numbers. not even blizzard. because there is no way to conclusively tell why players have left over the years. the only way you can make an educated guess is to read all the feedback players have given over the years and this includes all the complaints on all platforms. so when taking all the complaints into account, you will find that the #1 complaint is mtx followed closely by dungeon finder (lfg is fine - teleporting to dungeons is not).

again, it's not about whether you like mtx or not it's about bringing paying customers back to the game so that Blizzard can continue to build great games and pump out content for WoW. that's really it.

If your friends disappear, you make new ones, in a game where there's always people wanting to do X, you shouldn't struggle to find people.

It's just that many get lost to the fog of nostalgia, where nothing in the present can ever be as good as what they had. Not even friends.
    As for the store stuff, M E H. Dead horse is beaten to a pulp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    How about you suck the f*ck up that not everyone likes the current state of the game and be respectful? If someone makes a video about how the game is currently best version of itself, fine. I don't care. But these kind of statements are laughable.

"My opionion is the only one that's right and everyone else just has to s*ck it the fuck up" mentality is ridiculous and you're one of many that contributed to this awful state this game has right now.

Oh and yes, WoW is dying. 2m active subscribers vs 12m it once had is kinda different. Suck that up.
    I'mma need citation for that "2 million active subscribers", thanks.

And no, a 3rd party source is NOT going to cut it, they can't have numbers that are not given. Duh.

From the OFFICIAL source:

Blizzard Entertainment - 27 million monthly active users, down from 29 million in Q4 2020

The Warcraft franchise maintained its strong momentum, while Blizzard’s teams continued to make good progress on a rich pipeline and extending key franchises to mobile.
    World of Warcraft has seen strong reach, engagement, and participation in value added services, along with a particularly high number of new players joining the community for the first time, boosted by initiatives to enhance the onboarding experience.
    Shadowlands continues to drive strong results following its record-setting release in November, with first quarter franchise net bookings growing sharply.
    Diablo II: Resurrected saw very positive feedback during early testing in April and online viewership of the alpha test was the highest ever for a Blizzard game test. It is scheduled to release later this year.
    Diablo Immortal entered its second phase of testing and is on track for global release later this year.
    Hearthstone: Forged in the Barrens is on track to deliver expansion-over-expansion net bookings growth for the second consecutive release.

For shame, the "WoW is dying!" crowd is as wrong now as they've ever been.

It ain't sub numbers, because those are not given, but there's nothing suggesting that they've seen a sharp downturn and thus lesser profit growth. Contrary to what I believed would happen myself...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-06-20 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    I wonder how much b-net balance i get from kottick for shilling. People surely doesnt do it for free
    46x the rate of return compared to Begrudging Bucks, earned by crying about the state of the game while actively ticking away hours of your life playing it.

This one is mediocre when more than fairly compared with other content he's done in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    46x the rate of return compared to Begrudging Bucks, earned by crying about the state of the game while actively ticking away hours of your life playing it.
    Damned near spat my Pepsi, thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    crying about the state of the game while actively ticking away hours of your life playing it.
    people love the game. they want it to be the best it can be. they want to play it with their friends again - friends who have quit over the exact reasons that are being discussed in this very thread.

so to recap: players are trying to enjoy the game they love with their friends. as fellow players, it's our duty to support this in any way we can. calling these people 'whiners' is really, really inadequate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    we've had 10 years of mtx in WoW now we go and try another 10 years without them. that way everyone gets to have their turn.

As I mentioned before: we don't discuss something that's subjective. there is nothing to discuss. 5% are pro mtx, 45% are indifferent and the other 50% are against them. we've had mtx for the past 10 years - the 5% were majorly happy - and now we make the 50% of players happy that have left over the years.
    it's really that simple.
    Yeah, I'm sorry. What are these numbers? Are we using opinionated numbers to somehow bolster an argument here?

If anything it's probably 98% indifferent, 1% against, 1% for. More logical anyway.

Do people honestly, seriously, actually believe that the vocal minorities here are such a majority? 50%? What the actual fuck. I'm flabbergasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    no one has the numbers. not even blizzard. because there is no way to conclusively tell why players have left over the years. the only way you can make an educated guess is to read all the feedback players have given over the years and this includes all the complaints on all platforms. so when taking all the complaints into account, you will find that the #1 complaint is mtx followed closely by dungeon finder (lfg is fine - teleporting to dungeons is not).

again, it's not about whether you like mtx or not it's about bringing paying customers back to the game so that Blizzard can continue to build great games and pump out content for WoW. that's really it.
    Where are the sources saying the nr 1 reason is mtx? Reason 2 is that people quit due to the game becoming more convenient?

Rofl, this guy. Bookmarked his post history page so I don't miss this gold. Who is this guy even. How does he come up with this shit. Can't make this shit up lmao!
    Hi

Yeah, I'm sorry. What are these numbers? Are we using opinionated numbers to somehow bolster an argument here?

If anything it's probably 98% indifferent, 1% against, 1% for. More logical anyway.

Do people honestly, seriously, actually believe that the vocal minorities here are such a majority? 50%? What the actual fuck. I'm flabbergasted.
    it takes time to find these numbers. no one has the exact numbers not even blizzard - i explain this in a post above. basically to know the full picture you have to read an unhealthy amount of wow related topics and forum threads - which I can't recommend.

also: even without the full picture everyone can still voice their opinion. 50% indifferent, 50% against, makes sense seeing that 50% have quit over the years.

I'll say is this: If boosts, dungeon finder and in-game stores didn't have reprecussions, they'd have been in the game much earlier than they were, nor would they have been a gradual implementation. I'm not saying that I'm right or wrong about wanting the game to be a certain way, I'm saying that it's not strange a bulk of players don't support it. Stop acting like it's crazy that people don't like it.

Think this demonstrates well that players do change...
    15+ years of a game, of course people will be bored and want things to happen quicker.

Honestly, I think it would be better if they just gave WoW an end...Nothing will or should last forever and the longer it lasts the more people start to dislike it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Where are the sources saying the nr 1 reason is mtx? Reason 2 is that people quit due to the game becoming more convenient?

Rofl, this guy. Bookmarked his post history page so I don't miss this gold. Who is this guy even. How does he come up with this shit. Can't make this shit up lmao!
    stop asking for sources when no one on planet earth could possibly be the source lol. the source is me, myself - which is ALWAYS the case when someone doesn't state their source right away on the internet. I can't argue with someone who hasn't put in the same amount of time. we are arguing the beauty of two different pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    He even puts in the video that the boost gets you to max level... The boost has never gotten you to max level. (Just before a new expansion drops, technically it is, but I wouldn't really call that max level speaking the expansion is literally over)

- - - Updated - - -

Nah it's no where near his best objectively.
    And again negativity sells, negative content pulls in a lot, nearly double that of positive, for everything not just wow.
    That's one reason i watch Hiru's videos so much. All of his channels. He gives you info without just shitting on it for the sake of shitting on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yeah even so, the whole video is irrelevant, mostly because i still play with some of the people that i have been playing for the last 15 years so i guess the video isnt for me.

Secondly, as others posters have said it better, he jumped the bandwagon of WoW-Hate and its very obvious from the video that its about that.

It gets really tiresome, watching irrelevant players cry about things that dont affect them, or that they dont even understand as this forum keeps proving daily.
    All players are irrelevant. At least this guy creates content, nobody knows who tf you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Ya'll are just pretending to know shit.
    no one is pretending anything. when it comes to video games, it's about reading up on the topic as much as you can and then forming an opinion based on what others have said. some people form an opinion without seeing the whole picture and that's fine. that's the internet. you never know how much weight someone's opinion holds. I'm not trying to convince anyone and neither should you. I put what I found out there and then you can decide for yourself whether you believe me or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    All players are irrelevant. At least this guy creates content, nobody knows who tf you are.
    And? Thats like his second video i has watched my whole life, his content is trash either way, even so thats not the point.

The guy making the videos about how terrible PvP is (or one of them, i dont even know who it was, he just made a few for every PvP season now and then) , is 153423423 times more relevant than carbot cause its entertaining truth, this dude just made a video to ride the WoW hate and lost any credibility, if he even had some.

The same as the other guy on this thread, yelling about how leveling was his TBC experience.

We are all irrelevant, but some people play the game properly and some should not be playing it but they are either way, when i couldnt play it the way i liked, i quit and restarted when i could, i didnt complain about irrelevant problems.

Again, i am not denying the aspect of fun that people have, its subjective either way, there are people out there having fun eating sand, i am also not denying their own gaming experience, but people need to stop trying to push their insanely low and terrible level to everyone as "Thats how World of Warcraft is".

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    If your friends disappear, you make new ones, in a game where there's always people wanting to do X, you shouldn't struggle to find people.

It's just that many get lost to the fog of nostalgia, where nothing in the present can ever be as good as what they had. Not even friends.
    As for the store stuff, M E H. Dead horse is beaten to a pulp.

- - - Updated - - -

I'mma need citation for that "2 million active subscribers", thanks.

And no, a 3rd party source is NOT going to cut it, they can't have numbers that are not given. Duh.

From the OFFICIAL source:

Blizzard Entertainment - 27 million monthly active users, down from 29 million in Q4 2020

The Warcraft franchise maintained its strong momentum, while Blizzard’s teams continued to make good progress on a rich pipeline and extending key franchises to mobile.
    World of Warcraft has seen strong reach, engagement, and participation in value added services, along with a particularly high number of new players joining the community for the first time, boosted by initiatives to enhance the onboarding experience.
    Shadowlands continues to drive strong results following its record-setting release in November, with first quarter franchise net bookings growing sharply.
    Diablo II: Resurrected saw very positive feedback during early testing in April and online viewership of the alpha test was the highest ever for a Blizzard game test. It is scheduled to release later this year.
    Diablo Immortal entered its second phase of testing and is on track for global release later this year.
    Hearthstone: Forged in the Barrens is on track to deliver expansion-over-expansion net bookings growth for the second consecutive release.

For shame, the "WoW is dying!" crowd is as wrong now as they've ever been.

It ain't sub numbers, because those are not given, but there's nothing suggesting that they've seen a sharp downturn and thus lesser profit growth. Contrary to what I believed would happen myself...
    So while nearly every other game has gotten a significant boost during covid - wow managed to lose players. That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Who the fuck wants to escape from the crapsack quarantine to the crapsack world of FOMO? Most people probably raidlog (me) and play a real mmo or minecraft or something.
    Or people expansion hopped as always, and most will be back for one of the next patches for a month, only to do the same.

People simply have no brain about these things, you must be playing 365 days and 8 hours a day for it to count as a full sub in their mind.

They dont understand how there is a massive number of people that come back and disappear as fast, and Blizzards whole goal is to keep this people subbed 2 months instead of 1.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    And? Thats like his second video i has watched my whole life, his content is trash either way, even so thats not the point.

The guy making the videos about how terrible PvP is (or one of them, i dont even know who it was, he just made a few for every PvP season now and then) , is 153423423 times more relevant than carbot cause its entertaining truth, this dude just made a video to ride the WoW hate and lost any credibility, if he even had some.

The same as the other guy on this thread, yelling about how leveling was his TBC experience.

We are all irrelevant, but some people play the game properly and some should not be playing it but they are either way, when i couldnt play it the way i liked, i quit and restarted when i could, i didnt complain about irrelevant problems.

Again, i am not denying the aspect of fun that people have, its subjective either way, there are people out there having fun eating sand, i am also not denying their own gaming experience, but people need to stop trying to push their insanely low and terrible level to everyone as "Thats how World of Warcraft is".
    Get some fresh air you sad Cunt, seriously.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the kind of video I didn't expect from Carbot.

It's quite bittersweet to see possibly Blizzard's biggest fanboy throw shade at the company.

The only thing he's wrong about is when the playerbase declines happened. This was long before BFA with the game was struggling to keep a consistent player base as far back as Cataclysm. Unlike earlier expansions that was the first point where player counts were cyclical. Warlords of Draenor was the point where they released an expansion so bad that it shamed the parent company into not publishing quarterly subscriber counts anymore.