Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Get some fresh air you sad Cunt, seriously.
    Yes, the truth is always sad, but i will still continue to play 10% of what you guys play to achieve 5 to 10 times faster results, while you blame MTX or whatever other pathetic excuse is the trend this semester.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So while nearly every other game has gotten a significant boost during covid - wow managed to lose players. That's cool.
    Ah, your one of those people who think Blizzard = WoW.

I'm sure those 2 mil MAU's could not have been lost by SC2 that hasn't seen anything since... forever, Overwatch, Warcraft 3 remastered, Diablo 3, Hearthstone.

No, it has to be WoW that has lost players. despite apparently gaining more people then usual.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Interesting to a content creator that has actually worked that closely with Blizzard to the point where his artstyle has been in official games to be that critical towards them.
    I mean, same happened with Bellular IIRC. People change, and so can their views towards a company like Blizzard.

Or they always felt that way from the start and merely "played nice" to get their content official for a period of time

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Nope the volatile "hopping" and "seasons of warcraft" were not "always" the case but nice try to history revision i guess.

Reps werent always timegated too btw.
    Tell me, how many mobs do you need to kill to get Exalted with Sha'tari Skyguard(sp?) and Ogri'la if you avoid the time gated daily's?

Hydraxian waterlord exalted. Think after revered the only way to get rep (outside of quests) was MC bosses? That sounds very time gated to me.

So i'm going to go with... yes some reps have always been time gated.

Nope the volatile "hopping" and "seasons of warcraft" were not "always" the case but nice try to history revision i guess.

Reps werent always timegated too btw.
    Because it wasnt a thing, it became a thing after WOTLK and ICC dungeons.

The game had an actual problem, which of course the 99% didnt know because you never experienced it, but TBC and WOTLK had the problem of the fact that you couldnt come back to the game if you quit, unless carried and people were forced to do things they didnt want to redo, aka past raids.

People were exhausted from the previous tiers, TBC attunements exhausted people also and no one cared to make people catch up, it was a legit problem and Blizzard fixed it with their first full-on catch up gear, aka ICC dungeons.

Thats when volatile hopping started occuring, and eventually it became apparent that each WoW patch is literally a gear reset, because its more important to let people play together, than satisfy the DnD nerd that wants "slow progression" while his top content is "HC daily dungeon for badges to wear 15 month old gear".

But yes, thats too hard to understand if you need 12 months to reach level 70 back in original TBC.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-06-20 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

The game had an actual problem, which of course the 99% didnt know because you never experienced it, but TBC and WOTLK had the problem of the fact that you couldnt come back to the game.

People were exhausted from the previous tiers, TBC attunements exhausted people also and no one cared to make people catch up, it was a legit problem and Blizzard fixed it with their first full-on catch up gear, aka ICC dungeons.

Thats when volatile hopping started occuring, and eventually it became apparent that each WoW patch is literally a gear reset, because its more important to let people play together, than satisfy the DnD nerd that wants "slow progression" while his top content is "HC daily".
    Think TBC started with badge gear for catchup? I sure remember running Karazhan way way to long after it became irrelevant content because it gave a lot of badges.

But yeah, attunements in TBC were super toxic. Top guilds would cannibalize guilds below them in progress by poaching away the good players as soon as they finished the kills for attunments.

You having a stroke over there buddy, thats a quite hard read. Maybe type out another shitpost and i believe your "i did carries in woltk you werent shit" cope
    Of course you are gonna give a retarded answer when you have no idea what i am talking about because you have no idea what WoW is about.

But yes, you had your own "fun", chewing on sand.

The game had an actual problem, which of course the 99% didnt know because you never experienced it, but TBC and WOTLK had the problem of the fact that you couldnt come back to the game if you quit, unless carried and people were forced to do things they didnt want to redo, aka past raids.

Thats when volatile hopping started occuring, and eventually it became apparent that each WoW patch is literally a gear reset, because its more important to let people play together, than satisfy the DnD nerd that wants "slow progression" while his top content is "HC daily dungeon for badges to wear 15 month old gear".

But yes, thats too hard to understand if you need 12 months to reach level 70 back in original TBC.
    none of this is even remotely true. lmfao
    BC and WoTLK had
    -badge gear
    -honor gear
    -magisters terrace
    -TOC dung
    -ICC dungeons
    -wotlk even had TWO types of badge gear for catchup
    -single boss raids with no reps needed for gear (even WG raid in WOTLK)
    In TBC and WOTLK it was MAD easy to come back if you quit, insanely quick to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    He was right. You think you do, but you don't.
    Is that why Classic has been a huge success? Because we "don't" want it?

lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    How about you suck the f*ck up that not everyone likes the current state of the game and be respectful? If someone makes a video about how the game is currently best version of itself, fine. I don't care. But these kind of statements are laughable.

"My opionion is the only one that's right and everyone else just has to s*ck it the fuck up" mentality is ridiculous and you're one of many that contributed to this awful state this game has right now.

Oh and yes, WoW is dying. 2m active subscribers vs 12m it once had is kinda different. Suck that up.
    except you are the one with that opinion...
    no one is saying that his opinion is wrong
    and oh hey look you are even making up your own evidance! i would LOVE a source on that "2 million active subs" you got there fella!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

People will interpret different things in different ways, and certain things will stand out more to some then others.

For instance, the stacking of expansions got sloppy. While some might view this sloppy game design, while others might see it sloppy story telling and some might see it as "that expansion didn't sit well with me"

Seeing players empowering players was especially powerful and still exists in game. Finding a community in Warcraft is where I found most of my fun, even in this monetized era.

However, new player are not being taught this thanks to LFD/R, and solely rely on it. Like never being taught how to swim and thrown into the ocean. I think this is were many new players never come back.

Not once was his, nor his friends hands in the air throwing money at Blizzard. It wasn't just him, but his community. Some will say people changed, some will say the game changed, but to him, what changed is his friends left for various reason. Not all of his friends returned for Classic, and none did for TBCC after the boost.

In my opinion this was a very passionate piece and his last frame was one I hope isn't the case; That he can no longer support a company whose decisions around monetization and design has torn down something he held dear. When giving the opportunity to relive it, they took advantage of his love for the franchise and the same thing happened due to design and monetization practices.
    Last edited by Bugsy; 2021-06-20 at 07:32 PM. Reason: I had a bunch of screen caps in here, idk why they don't show.

their first full-on catch up gear, aka ICC dungeons.
    The actual first "catch up gear" was the patch 1.10 vanilla dungeon loot changes, where tons of items got buffed to the point that they were almost as good, if not better than BWL gear.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is kinda sad. But let's face it nothing lasts forever. Not even virtual friends. Try to not get attached way too hard or you will suffer. Pfft.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    As someone who quit for the first time in over 15 years this does kind hit the feels...

Anyway the usual Blizzard Cops are out in action shooting first and not asking questions.

Or maybe he is genuine about his disappointment (its a novel concept I know). Carbot has made nothing but positive videos in the past. Yes you can defend the game, yes you can still like it when no one else will. But don't think you can go around spreading inflammatory comments that he is just being negative to get views. Like the guy hasnt had a problem getting views. His videos are very popular he doesn't need to jump on any 'hate train'

The guy makes one negative video and you are jumping on the company line of defence. Sometimes negativity can be a genuine emotion, this video wasnt even approached negatively from a place of anger, more a place or sadness of feeling on what the game has become (listen to the tone). It's a genuine emotion to be concerned and let down by a game you feel isn't going in the direction you want it too especially when you have played for 15 years and realise this game isnt for you anymore. At least try and see why people are upset or feel let down by the current state of WoW, it's not all 'negative to be negative' and if you feel otherwise then you are a bigger problem. ITs not about 'hating on WoW'. Although for a lot of people I am sure it is there are those out there, but its not fair to lump them in the same group whenever you see anyone be critical about your precious game.

The only people jumping on any train are the WoW defence force whenever someone says or does one thing negatively about this game. I have been that position of this attitude I have defended this game, (especially its lore) so much on these forums but the moment I say anything negative people like you guys show up to come to the games defence and paint me as a hater. I recently unsubbed from WoW for the first time in my 15+ years this January, now with me I am just moving on I aint gonna complain I still like WoW, but if I had a platform like Carbot you damn as well bet I'd probably make an animation about it to express this, animation is an artform, and as an animation graduate myself

We WoW players (who still play the game) need to stop painting everything with the same brush... good god. You enjoy the game thats good, you are free to express how much you love the game but I think its a bit disingenuous to be so volatile to people who feel otherwise. Especially those that have never said same anything negative before hand.
    "he has made nothing but positive videos in the past"
    thats a flat out fucking lie, do you even watch his content? its most of the time never fucking positive, its always joking about how buggy or broken things are, how unbalanced and annoying stuff in the game is, his diablol 2 videos are literally a massive complition of diablo 2's faults.
    of course he mixes that with comedy, but i know for a fact you dont watch his content if you think all his videos are "positive"

and yeah, he doesent have a problem, but most people dont have a problem making money, but people want more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    we've had 10 years of mtx in WoW now we go and try another 10 years without them. that way everyone gets to have their turn.

As I mentioned before: we don't discuss something that's subjective. there is nothing to discuss. 5% are pro mtx, 45% are indifferent and the other 50% are against them. we've had mtx for the past 10 years - the 5% were majorly happy - and now we make the 50% of players happy that have left over the years.
    it's really that simple.
    weve had 17 years of MTX in wow. not 10.
    also i love your absolutly made up numbers here "only 5% of the playerbase are pro microtransactions" where you getting this source mate?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The actual first "catch up gear" was the patch 1.10 vanilla dungeon loot changes, where tons of items got buffed to the point that they were almost as good, if not better than BWL gear.
    How exactly is a item level 60-65 set, equal to a level 75-80 set? Especially in the period where there was huge disparity because of that?

The first time full (Again, full gear, not Badge pieces of 2-3 items, full on Weapons etc) gear was added to PvE content that allowed the skip of every other tier introduced till then, was WOTLK, where HC ICC dungeons was equal to gear from the previous tier, the same way it has been since then, 1 tier set behind catch up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    well the traction this video got means Blizzard can go back to the no mtx days for retail. 50% are indifferent whether there are mtx and 50% are against mtx. let's go back to 12 million subs. sounds good to me.
    Go back to the days that dont exist? wow has had MTX since day 1, and with TBC they kicked it up to 11.
    they have never had no MTX in wow.

and its funny you bring up the 12 million subs, cause wow had 12 million subs at the PEAK of MTX, as wotlk/cata introduced the most MTX of any expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    >Content creator goes out of his way to support Blizzard for years and years on end despite the criticism even before getting a contract with blizzard. Keeps going the extra mile for several more years and tries to be positive despite everything

>Makes one sad video illustrating his melancholia regarding the current state of the game

>"lmao blizzard hater lol"
    i dont think you actually watch his content if you think his videos are literally just "positive content"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    WoW is a MMORPG. First RPG ever is D&D. Leveling is part of D&D and thus it's part of MMORPG and WoW.
    funny you mention that, because many D&D campaigns of the past and present have had you start off past level 1, allowing you to start mid way through leveling, because holy fuck surprise, low level content is boring. no one likes level 1/2 in D&D, you press firebolt, and that is your turn, you swing your axe once, that is your turn, cause with no class abilities you have nothing to change up the combat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    none of this is even remotely true. lmfao
    BC and WoTLK had
    -badge gear
    -honor gear
    -magisters terrace
    -TOC dung
    -ICC dungeons
    -wotlk even had TWO types of badge gear for catchup
    -single boss raids with no reps needed for gear (even WG raid in WOTLK)
    In TBC and WOTLK it was MAD easy to come back if you quit, insanely quick to catch up.
    I literally mention ICC dungeons, and you come back and mention them also, the braindead is outstanding.

Let me rephrase it since most of you are the level where you think Heroic daily dungeon is content.

The first time they added a full on gear set that was same as the previous raid tier, was ICC dungeons.

Again, the trick is at at the FULL ON, no badges, no 2 items for badges and 3 month of PvP, just cleave the irrelevant HC dungeons down and become capable of clearing ICC 25 in a matter of days.

I know most of you dont understand cause you never played at the level where people actually gear up instantly and dont take forever, so you cant comprehend the actual difference.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    < 2 million subs
    Where did you get this number "less then 2 million subs"
    got a source on that?

What do you guys get out of shilling for blizzard? I'd like to know.

They don't even know you exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So while nearly every other game has gotten a significant boost during covid - wow managed to lose players. That's cool.
    1. that number is over the last 3 years, covid had only been going on 1 year
    2. blizzard is not wow, heres how you EASILY explain the loss of players.
    A. diablo 4 still far away, more and more peter off D3
    B. hearthstone had some major issues, lost a lot of players, but started to peter back
    C. they cancelled HOTS
    D. Starcraft 2 also cancelled production
    E. overwatch 2 still not out, delayed more seemingly, meaning overwatch 1 has not had an update for a LONG time.

those numbers of players lost is not all wow, its mostly these other games for obvious reasons. wow may have lost players or it may have grown.

overwatch could have gone from 10 million players to 0, and wow from 2 million to 8 million, yet company wide it would still be deemed a "2 million player loss" so for you to then say "lol wow lost 2 million players" would be dumb AF
    (All numbers are examples, as people love to throw out random numbers as "fact wow has this many subs")