Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I liked how Elune looked in the official WoW RPG(though it's not considered as canon)
    And now she looks like a children's book character:

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Could this be how Azeroth looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the tiatns look like the race of their own planet, like argus looking like an eredar.
    How the hell did you reach that conclusion?
    They look nothing alike (except for the blue skin):

@username993720

That Elune design is simply of a Folklore book. May not even be her real design. Tyrande's design from the recent 9.1 Cinematic leak looks VERY much akin to the RPG Elune design. Not to mention the Titans kept their RPG designs mainly.

@username993720

The big one is Elune, the small one the blue child (small moon of Azeroth)
    The other Person is the Earth Mother and its pretty clear in the book that the Earth Mother is not Azeroth (Titan)

I think the fairytale book should be taken with a big grain of salt since its an unreliable narrator and that is probably true for the art aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    @username993720

That Elune design is simply of a Folklore book. May not even be her real design. Tyrande's design from the recent 9.1 Cinematic leak looks VERY much akin to the RPG Elune design. Not to mention the Titans kept their RPG designs mainly.
    What 9.1 cinematic? can you link it here? i might have missed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    @username993720

The big one is Elune, the small one the blue child (small moon of Azeroth)
    The other Person is the Earth Mother and its pretty clear in the book that the Earth Mother is not Azeroth (Titan)

I think the fairytale book should be taken with a big grain of salt since its an unreliable narrator and that is probably true for the art aswell.
    Isn't the Blue Child supposed to be the Winter Queen? because she said they were sisters.

Can i get a quote? haven't read the book, so i don't know what is said about the Earth Mother.

To me, everything they release is meant to imply and hint at something in the future. So, i'm not taking it with a grain of salt. I believe it was very intentional.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Isn't the Blue Child supposed to be the Winter Queen? because she said they were sisters.
    No, that was only speculation.

Each folktale in the fairytale book portrays the blue child as Elunes daughter.
    What 9.1 cinematic? can you link it here? i might have missed it...
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/updated...ematics-322917

It's just one scene that they forgot to edit out from one of the promos, not the whole cinematic.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-06-20 at 08:23 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, that was only speculation.

Each folktale in the fairytale book portrays the blue child as Elunes daughter.
    Oh, she has a daughter now? cool... i wonder who it is (and with whom). So, Cenarius has a sibling? Winter Queen is their aunt?

https://www.wowhead.com/news/updated...ematics-322917

It's just one scene that they forgot to edit out from one of the promos, not the whole cinematic.

She looks nothing like her (to me):

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is the full cinematic, which is currently the background of the 9.1 reveal page on the official site:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, she has a daughter now? cool... i wonder who it is (and with whom). So, Cenarius has a sibling? Winter Queen is their aunt?
    Sorry, i was wrong.
    In 'Eyes of the Earth Mother' the blue child is the Earth moms Tear, which essentially makes them Mu'sha and An'she's sibbling.
    In 'The Embrace' she is Elunes daughter, born of Elunes love for Azeroth.

Wowpedia has summaries of each story
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Eye...e_Earth_Mother
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Embrace

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This is the full cinematic, which is currently the background of the 9.1 reveal page on the official site:

They just painted her with starlight.
    Do you think it will be a customization option for a Night Warrior class?

Sorry, i was wrong.
    In 'Eyes of the Earth Mother' the blue child is the Earth moms Tear, which essentially makes them Mu'sha and An'she's sibbling.
    In 'The Embrace' she is Elunes daughter.

Wowpedia has summaries of each story
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Eye...e_Earth_Mother
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Embrace
    Two different sources?
    Which one is canon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    They just painted her with starlight.
    Do you think it will be a customization option for a Night Warrior class?
    Unsure on that score. From what I can piece together from the PTR, it seems Tyrande isn't fully de-powered or stops being the Night Warrior, she's only stabilized by offloading the power she can't control among the other Night Warrior souls. It seems possible, even likely, that something will happen with this in the same vein as the Night Warrior customization Night Elves got previously, although what that will be and to what extent I can't say.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Two different sources?
    Which one is canon?
    Same source, they are both short stories of the same books.

The Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth is a collection of short stories from all kinds of in-universe cultures.

Formerly known as Arafal

Same source, they are both short stories of the same books.

The Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth is a collection of short stories from all kinds of in-universe cultures.
    So, who is she? a sister to the Sun and Moon or the Moon's child?

7+ Year Old Account
    We don't know.
    Hence why @Hellspawn said to take them with a grain of salt.

They are just folktales.
    Literally bedtime stories Night elves and Tauren (and other cultures for the other stories) tell their children or smaller cultural ongoings like the dragon's visage day.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-06-20 at 09:25 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

We don't know.
    Hence why @Hellspawn said to take them with a grain of salt.

They are just folktales.
    Literally bedtime stories Night elves and Tauren tell their children.
    Maybe there's some incest involved

Just kidding.

It's literally from an in-universe fairy tale book. For all we know, both are bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's literally from an in-universe fairy tale book. For all we know, both are bogus.
    They won't go to such lengths to write bogus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both and none. Read the title carefuly: Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth. It's like Azeroth's Mother Goose Tales.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? I believe it's good world building.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

It's an in-universe fairy tale book. It's primary purpose is showing us how the people of Azeroth see their world, not what that world really is like.

And, if we want to get technical, the entire game's story is bogus. So, er, of course they would. They don't really have any other option.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Both and none. Read the title carefuly: Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth. It's like Azeroth's Mother Goose Tales.
    Yea, but it's meant for a fantasy game. It's fanta-ception

Why not? I believe it's good world building.
    How? if it's not canon...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's an in-universe fairy tale book. It's primary purpose is showing us how the people of Azeroth see their world, not what that world really is like.

And, if we want to get technical, the entire game's story is bogus. So, er, of course they would. They don't really have any other option.
    As i already wrote, it's a fantasy story inside a fantasy game. That's a paradox
    They probably don't want to commit anymore, since they had to retcon their Chronicle books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    How? if it's not canon...

As i already wrote, it's a fantasy story inside a fantasy game. That's a paradox
    WoW has always been full of perspective-based internal fiction - you can find books sprinkled all over the in-game world that make wild suppositions, outright fabrications, and any number of erroneous conclusions by Azeroth's denizens like Brann Bronzebeard. It's not a paradox for a fantasy game to contain unreliable narrators or characters who put their own perspectives ahead of factual information due to bias or a desire to deceive.