Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why doesn't blizzard crack down on boosters abusing lfg?

All it would take is one intern banning people spamming WTS groups and they could easily make the system far more useable without their games grouping tool resembling a gold selling site.

Why don't they do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they don't want to pay GMs. Same reason they got rid of master loot. Same reason botting is out of fucking control. Pure greed.

its not breaking the rules at all inless its money based that is why

Because Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about WoW anymore. Just look at the quality of Shadowlands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Advertising for them on the group finder tool is against the rules.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/187406

Advertisements are not allowed in the Group Finder. The Group Finder is intended to help players find active groups that are being formed and advertisements make it difficult to find relevant groups.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    They make the rules, and the game would be indisputably better without the spam. The reason is that blizzard is, and always has been, unwilling to invest in sufficient support staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Well, for one, they'd be banning accounts that aren't at all connected with the characters actually doing the boosting. They likely don't have a budget for paying boosters just to discover who the boosting players are and, even if they did, they wouldn't necessarily know which of those players are receiving the real-life money, since those discussions are held outside of the game.

It's not against the terms of service to boost players and, assuming the boosters remain anonymous when communicating on discord, it's not feasible to figure out who is actually receiving the real life money. How would you feel if your guildy asked you to boost someone, maybe even paid you gold for it, and then you got banned a few days later because your guildy sold the boost for real money?

It's not as simple as "hire an intern and gg".
    Last edited by Belloc; 2021-06-21 at 04:00 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Don't they sell gold? Are 100% of the tokens sold by players? I find it hard to believe that every single token that has been sold was purchased by someone.

I don't think it can be automated without innocent accounts falling under the ban wave, since there're a lot of streamers advertising their channel, legit gold boosting communities showing their discord info and etc.
    Manual monitoring is resource consuming and can be prone to human error.

Even though I skip the WTS titles, when I mouseover, I see only boosting for gold.

Just skip them, there's plenty of groups actually doing the content. Also accept the fact that boosting existed and will continue to exist, look away and move on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Don't they sell gold? Are 100% of the tokens sold by players? I find it hard to believe that every single token that has been sold was purchased by someone.
    Tokens are sold by players. It doesn't happen often but there have been times in the past that zero tokens were available for sale.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    Just skip them, there's plenty of groups actually doing the content. Also accept the fact that boosting existed and will continue to exist, look away and move on.
    I don't necessarily agree with this, as blizzard finally banned multiboxing automation after 15 years just recently. Just because something has always happened doesn't mean it's in the games best interest to let it continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

They could stop or slow boosting in PvP by simply disallowing characters who have earned a maximum CR of 1400/1600/1800/2100 from queueing with anyone below those cutoffs.

it's ok because it's for gold which blizzard now sells to players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    it's ok because it's for gold which blizzard now sells to players.
    They don't. It is a player to player transaction that Blizzard facilitates for a $5 fee. The player that earned the gold trades it for the other players $15 gift card (game time or blizzard balance).

It's working as intended, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    They could stop or slow boosting in PvP by simply disallowing characters who have earned a maximum CR of 1400/1600/1800/2100 from queueing with anyone below those cutoffs.
    Doesn't stop boosting. People doing the boosting just tank rating, or do on fresh characters.
    This also hurts legitimate friends trying to play with lower ranked friends, especially alts.

Same reason why I keep getting calls about my non existent car warranty

Shut one down 2 more pop up in it's place

Oh then ban the account...Kay they made another

Oh then ban the IP. VPNs exist

Ban the person buying them...so you want Blizz to require a driver's license to confirm accounts so we can have less people spamming LFG..yeah that will go over well

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    They make the rules, and the game would be indisputably better without the spam. The reason is that blizzard is, and always has been, unwilling to invest in sufficient support staff.
    I dont think you have to invest tbh. Get some random unpaid intern to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Doesn't stop boosting. People doing the boosting just tank rating, or do on fresh characters.
    This also hurts legitimate friends trying to play with lower ranked friends, especially alts.
    I recognize this problem; and I also recognize that gear disparity in RBGs is an issue. Even 2-3 people (especially if FC, heals and DPS) running around in 226 glad gear against a team of mixed 14-1500 players is bullshit. At 1% per ilevel (as per Ion) Glad players have a 20% damage/healing/mitigation advantage in raw numbers, never mind experience. Good strategy can't help if it is numerically impossible to kill the bear FC if they have even barely competent healer with them while the 226 paladin is one-shotting the offense team.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Why doesn't blizzard crack down on boosters abusing lfg?
    They do. You can report those groups for selling boosts, and it not only removes it from your list permanently, but those reports feed into a GM system where they review and then ban the characters involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !