Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Pretty sure that's been confirmed not to be the case a couple of times by now, but I could be wrong.
    the jailer just wants to get to the sepulcher
    the primus tells us in the 9.0 campaign that if he gets loose he will go to the sepulcher
    the keys are supposedly to unlock the sepulcher

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    the primus tells us in the 9.0 campaign that if he gets loose he will go to the sepulcher
    If the keys unlock the sepulcher, then it's 100% not the Arbiter's room, since the Arbiter has the last sigil.

If the keys unlock the sepulcher, then it's 100% not the Arbiter's room, since the Arbiter has the last sigil.
    now you see that fact makes me wonder about a couple things
    if the arbiter has a sigil then she has a covenant according to the archon
    also if the jailer was their brother he had a covenant
    we never see him with a sigil and there are supposed to be 5 keys
    im thinking the key she has is the key the jailer originally had
    this means she is artificial and the system of death we know of is simply the system created after zovaal was sealed away

its possible the sepulcher is where the arbiter is
    It's absolutely not there lmao

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    It's absolutely not there lmao
    just like the runecarver definitely wasnt the primus because a finger

Pretty sure it's not the Arbiter's chamber. The brokers are also looking for the Sepulcher and there's a bunch of them in Oribos so if it's where the Arbiter is, then surely they could've made their way to there by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it was there than Zovaal wouldn't be needing the Arbiters sigil to get to it.
    If it was there, her chamber wouldn't be already named 'the crucible'

If it was there than Al-Firim would've found it already.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-06-21 at 01:14 PM. Reason: commas, commas, everywhere

Formerly known as Arafal

now you see that fact makes me wonder about a couple things
    if the arbiter has a sigil then she has a covenant according to the archon
    also if the jailer was their brother he had a covenant
    we never see him with a sigil and there are supposed to be 5 keys
    im thinking the key she has is the key the jailer originally had
    this means she is artificial and the system of death we know of is simply the system created after zovaal was sealed away
    Meh, I never bought the whole "Arbiter is artificial and Zovaal is the truth master of death" thing because the First Ones would have created the entire system, not just found Zovaal sitting there on his own already.

If I had to guess, his original purpose was just the typical cliche satan, ruler of hell, until for some reason he was banished for trying to steal the sigils to pursue knowledge.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2021-06-21 at 07:05 AM.

Meh, I never bought the whole "Arbiter is artificial and Zovaal is the truth master of death" thing because the First Ones would have created the entire system, not just found Zovaal sitting there on his own already.

If I had to guess, his original purpose was just the typical cliche satan, ruler of hell, until for some reason he was banished for trying to steal the sigils to pursue knowledge.
    but if there are only 5 keys then one of them doesnt belong and i would assume that would be the one that seems to be acting mechanical
    meh we find out in 2 weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If it was there than Zovaal wouldn't be needing the Arbiters sigil to get to it.
    If it was there her chamber wouldn't be already named 'the crucible'

If it was there than Al-Firim would've found it already.
    maybe her sigil is his and you need all 5 to unlock something
    you can have a key near a lock but it doesnt open the lock
    her chamber is called the crucible to us yes

considering how the fate scribes treat the cartel members im not surprised he hasnt found it

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that's been confirmed not to be the case a couple of times by now, but I could be wrong.
    It was never confirmed.

If the Jailer wants to get to the Sepulcher, but didn't need the keys, he wouldn't have had a reason to collect them. So we can conclude that he does need them.
    Which means that none of the keys can be inside the Sepulcher, since he can get them. So the Arbiter cannot be inside the Sepulcher, since the Jailer personally goes and gets her key.

Ergo, whereever the Arbiter is cannot be where the Sepulcher is.
    Otherwise, one of the keys would be inside the Sepulcher and the Jailer wouldn't have any way to get in. Especially, he wouldn't be able to obtain the Arbiter's key by himself.

Your claim makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If the Jailer wants to get to the Sepulcher, but didn't need the keys, he wouldn't have had a reason to collect them. So we can conclude that he does need them.
    Which means that none of the keys can be inside the Sepulcher, since he can get them. So the Arbiter cannot be inside the Sepulcher, since the Jailer personally goes and gets her key.

Ergo, whereever the Arbiter is cannot be where the Sepulcher is.
    Otherwise, one of the keys would be inside the Sepulcher and the Jailer wouldn't have any way to get in. Especially, he wouldn't be able to obtain the Arbiter's key by himself.

Your claim makes no sense.
    The entrance to the sepulcher could also be in the sepulcher

The entrance to the sepulcher could also be in the sepulcher
    No, an entrance can never be inside the place it is the entrance to. That would violate the definition of what an entrance is.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, an entrance can never be inside the place it is the entrance to. That would violate the definition of what an entrance is.
    Sorry I meant crucible

- - - Updated - - -

One more week
    And I’m gonna miss first raid night ������������

Except I was clearly one of the guys that thought he was.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I meant crucible

- - - Updated - - -

One more week
    And I’m gonna miss first raid night ������������
    The Raid is July 6th.

On a bit of an introspective note, and to distract slightly.

Though I know that covenant abilities are the devil and all I do believe they were needed to make a meaningful choice. Though what would people have thought if instead of simply lessening the choice to a meaningless one you pretty much removed it altogether.
    What if we keep the covenant sanctum parts of the covenants with all their utlity and gathering minigames and make it a baseline part of each zone.

Instead of joining a specific covenant for power gains you are now free to mix and match all of them solely for rewards. The system for upgrading teleport networks and anima conductor and all that works similarly, but you have to pick and choose what zones you want to prioritize. If you like Bastion for instance and want Bastion themed rewards you might go for that one, though if you prefer Necrolords but still want Bastion you could either upgrade both in tandem and take longer, or upgrade one and then the other.

Covenants would then in a sense be endgame reputation stories. Let's say the Renown system works somewhat similar though with similar restrictions as above on only getting to upgrade one at a time.

Going further it should be said that with the removal of Soulbinds and covenant abilities, as well as the removal of many upgrades that give the same benefit for the character available form several covenants one might want, or indeed should scale covenants down, though I feel even this would be a boon in a sense, as it might lead to time that could be spent on the overall experience.

In short: Would people agree with me that covenants are a major step forward in open world endgame design if we discount the discussion of power gains? And furthermore whether the removal of the choice altogether would be an interesting choice in essentially making Covenants into Reputations+?

Though I personally dislike Shadowlands as a concept and do wish we got a world revamp instead I have caught myself wondering whether Shadowlands is the closest we have gotten to the ideal open world content. Or at least ideal insofar as it not being the same type of open world content as Classic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

World Revamp is nice and all, and I do wish Blizzard focused on the older content and got rid of these stupid ass systems. But considering where the plot is going, world revamp isn't for a WHILE.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    World Revamp is nice and all, and I do wish Blizzard focused on the older content and got rid of these stupid ass systems. But considering where the plot is going, world revamp isn't for a WHILE.
    How so? A world revamp is pretty much always on the table. Dragon isles might be a new continent, but it might just as easily just be a single new zone.

Besides, while Dragon isles is a relevant option right now it will eventually end, and then we will need new areas to visit, at which point it will have ot either be a zone we have no knowledge of yet, or some variation of a world revamp.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    How so? A world revamp is pretty much always on the table. Dragon isles might be a new continent, but it might just as easily just be a single new zone.

Besides, while Dragon isles is a relevant option right now it will eventually end, and then we will need new areas to visit, at which point it will have ot either be a zone we have no knowledge of yet, or some variation of a world revamp.
    K'aresh would probably be 11.0.

As for revamps, I feel like blizz will continuing doing mini revamps, like they did with uldum and the vale in 8.3 and arathi and darkshore.

I have a feeling the western and eastern plague lands will be revamped into "New Lorderon" with strat prob being a new hub, maybe for the light/void war. Maybe as the starting zone for redeemed undead.

I just recently did strat and it ends with paladin NPC's vowing to restore it. So maybe blizz has plans for the future.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-21 at 05:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why people want the revamp so badly? It would A. use so much resources from new xpac and would be obsolete from the start, or B. would be a place of new xpac events, which would be lame because no amount of revamp would change Darkshore from Darkshore. Zones would have to get a MAJOR change, and that kind of scale is not doable. Like, Cata revamp used existing geography, and all of that already took so much of time according to Blizz. I take new and beautiful continent of SL or Draenor over revamp any day. Not to mention that lvl scaling + Chromie Time helped with levelling big time (which was one of major issues of old zones).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.