Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is not yours, but the player base.

WoW´s community has developed into a "content predator" style. Now, combine that with a 15 years old game which everyone knows like their hand´s palm, and then add a bit of the magical component, time.

Now you have thousands of players who´ve bought gold, spent 24/7 playing classic, coming over to TBC with a full developed and detailed plan of what they will do, optimizing every single second of their game time. Obviously, they will pull ahead like a rocket because there is no challenge or skill required to do so, unlike 15 years ago.

It has also set me off a lot. I was a hard core back then. Today I find it so sad to find that a lot of people did not develop at all after 15 years, and they can ruin the game by being so hyper and "content predators". It is their time and fun, sure, but it certainly is ruining the gaming experience for those who do not have such time to play anymore.

You can either take with style and have fun playing, with no hard core goals in mind, or you can move on and do something else :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I can tell your right now that the majority of ANY server does not have full bis and you won't be falling behind on any gear. Also this statement is insanely false, people will always level alt and go back to finish older raids for upgrades they might not have gotten yet. This is not retail where new content invalidates older one.
    you might be right, in original tbc ppl were still doing kara even in the sunwell phase but times have changed

its not like that either, some ppl may be min/maxing, I've signed up and killed grull and mag twice, I signed up and cleared karazhan, twice, nightbane once so far. I've ran 2 heroics, i have a grand total of 10 badges. i've missed loads of heroic saves. i'm not min/maxing my play time, i log in, do the fishing daily, then sit around chilling for a while, might run a dungeon, might do more quests, might just fly around on my slow mount and farm ores. what I do during the week doesn't have a lot of impact on raid day, so long as I manage to keep a stack of consumables, getting saved to karazhan and grull/mag is far more important than anything you can do with 5 ppl. since most of that just happens over time anyway. most of the badge gear is either on par with or replaced by other gear that drops in karazhan, with full t4 the only thing you're running heroics for is primal nethers and maybe one of the unique epic gems. not a massive amount of incentive at that point. none if you don't craft.

if you're getting saved to karazhan, its the same as raid logging molten core, you can basically forego running dungeons at that point because if you're clearing the raid content in the gear you have, its only a matter of time until you replace that gear doing that.

its not polarising in the sense that you either have some master plan or you shouldn't bother playing. the important things are finding a guild and signing up to raids, if you can do this, you can progress through the game. with no plan at all.

on day 1 a lot of ppl spammed dungeons to level and save reputation from quests, I quested and ran dungeons for the quests with my bro, I got to 63 and 1/2 in the first play session, I spent a bunch of time at 63 running around and power levelling mining, then I came back to hellfire and mined all the khorium that was sitting there for 12hrs. while many ppl levelled ahead of me through dungeons, I progressed my professions faster than most, I must have been one of the only ppl on my server who could mine khorium for the first day or two. that was the only edge I had but it past, I didn't have tonnes of gold and I still need 1k for the fast mount. its not affecting my progression though since I have my t4 chest from magtheridon and several items from karazhan.

not having lots of gold hasn't really affected me that much, tanks are in short supply so thats beneficial plays heavily in my favour, if you want to progress level a tank. it is a grind to get yourself to pre-raid bis if you don't have t3, but when you reach the point that you could raid log, then you can focus more on an alt and make gold with them. get them ready for karazhan. having at least 1 alt that you can raid kara with is probably worth doing.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-21 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    It's not about them "Beating" me it's more about "Not being good enough in the eyes of the people"

This is my general perception of the Min/maxers that control the group invitations "Scoffs, You've not even gotten "X Y Z yet" how dare you think you are worthy of being here"
    This is a self esteem issue and most likely present in other areas of your life

Unlike most people, I actually played TBC, I have both titles. I can tell you 100% that gear isn't as drastic as current WoW. In modern wow if you skip a tier or you take a break for a couple months and fall behind 15-20 ilvls or fall behind in M+ score you're screwed, you won't get invites and you'll be stuck in the loop of doing +2s and LFR and only applying to heroic guilds that are progressing and wiping on the 3rd boss.

In TBC, gear is important but it's not as drastic. Someone in full tier 4 BIS who takes a break and skips Tier 5 and comes back for Tier 6 MH/BT will still be a viable player on the damage/heals meters. Only the tanks really matter, even in TBC a tank who didn't have 20,000HP in SSC/TK would get wrecked and needed the best gear which is why the whole "Gear tanks first" started in late Vanilla(naxx 4H) and TBC and didn't change until later in the game several expansions later. These days you gear up DPS first cause tanks just don't take any damage and now and have a shit ton of mitigation. Most fights are a dps race

My point is, don't ever think you're behind. Especially if you're just starting now when it just started. If you starts TBC in Sunwell, then yeah you're behind and no one will bring someone to Sunwell who's in heroic and karazhan gear. But even in heroic blues you're very optimal for Karazhan/Gruul/mag, even SSC can be done in heroic blues, it's not until Al'ar/Kael that you need people to be sitting in current gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I had this same feeling and to make matters worse I think I'm in a guild that is just out of my league BUT it helps me to remember that you don't really need pre-bis or 280% mount to raid Kara. That shit matters when you start speed running or go for the top 10 on your server or whatever. Just chill and do the things that you enjoy. I settled for a middleground where instead of grinding full 3 set of my tailoring specialization BiS I crafted 1 and when I feel like it I work towards the rest etc.

The game will be out for a long time no need to rush anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    you might be right, in original tbc ppl were still doing kara even in the sunwell phase but times have changed
    Times have not changed in that regard. In classic there was still multiple MC runs a week even before pre-patch. Loot is a lot more rare in TBC than retail, not everyone is going to run around with weapons/gear from the current raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Honestly I had this same feeling and to make matters worse I think I'm in a guild that is just out of my league BUT it helps me to remember that you don't really need pre-bis or 280% mount to raid Kara.
    Yea, network really matters in the regard. Your immediate social circle can play a big part in wether you feel pressured or comfortable. So important to surround yourself with people that share your goals and vibe! Gameplay mistakes, lack of attention, and arrogant attitudes are always bigger red flags than dungeon blues and slow mounts.

I am only level 63, Ill keep at it and maybe hit max level in a week or 2 then Ill hop into everyone's farm runs and get hella geared fast as a Resto Druid regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    If you fall behind on gear/attunements you will have a much harder time finding groups later on, so you basically have to keep the same pace as the server community
    TBC is literally the exact opposite of this.

Because attunements are necessary, even for alts, there will always be groups of people interested in running dungeons, 70 dungeons, heroics, T4 and T5, even well into the phases with Black Temple and Sunwell.

15+ Year Old Account
    So glad i can play games without trying to compare my e-peen with others.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't competing with these people, so why would it matter? If they're bis already, they won't attend normal or heroic pugs most likely, and you're not in their guild are you, so they might aswell be set dressing.

Current content will remain relevant until Wrath. Tier 5 does not replace tier 4, it adds to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    BC and LK are alt expansions. People hit max level and gear up to a level that only raids can improve. (This is where raidlogging starts) Then they start rolling alts to repeat the process on a new character. You will always get groups.

Lol. I opted out of going for tailoring/enchanting on my resto shaman. I know those pieces are really good, but I really like herb alch. So I stayed Herb Alch. The content is super easy anyways so going for those tailoring pieces felt pointless anyways. Plus this way I'll have a full tier set and not have some dress on.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's not retail, it's not designed to be rushed through and cleared asap, it's designed to be a slow and steady journey. Stop treating it like a speedrun.
    Not even retail ist designed to be rushed, no game is.

This mental attitude makes sense for maybe 3 to 5 guilds worldwide which participate in Race-to-World-First-Competition with an actual chance of winning it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

Sorry for "Blog" post as some might call it, Please do skip it if these sort of threads annoy or "Offend" you in some way.

I want to play TBC, I want to Enjoy TBC.

But for some reason seeing all the 280% mounts and full BiS geared (Mages who already have all the tailoring pieces)

Just makes me feel stressed out and "Behind", like "What's the point?" "I'm never going to be good enough, since i'm so slow"

But I don't know why i feel like this, I did not feel like this at the start of 2019 Classic or back in Original TBC.
    Yeah, pretty much why i ditched classic, recently, easy to fall behind and then you just stay behind.
    you do one raid where you get no gear and other people get tons cause of shitty loot rules.
    then next week it happens again.
    then the week after that you get sat cause you are the lowest geared.
    and then you are butt fucked all cause gear was not evenly distributed, and so well yeah, your fucked.

Part of a raid team, but we are doing "sign up" rosters as people level, so do a few raids the first 2 weeks, get all of 1 peice of gear while others get upwards of 7-8 simply because we are rolling gear off. then the guild makes a minor stupid descision of for the last 5 minutes of raid for the week, to try to progress on nightbane when hes 1 shotting our tank every pull, instead of going back and killing the servants qaurters boss and get some free potentially BIS loot.
    i asked them if we should do that, they said no, after raid i asked them why, they said "we want 10/10" and then a couple hours later they kick me after months of prep.
    fuck that guild, and fuck trying to find another classic guild this late into the "recruitment phase" and with only 1 peice of raid gear.
    and man i went hardcore on classic like legit, i have done every single quest in TBC classic available, including those for the eye and black temple attunements, the only quest i have left is the serpentshrine attunement, but that needs me to kill maghtoridan now.

so i quit classic, atleast with retail i can go at my own pace, and if i fall behind i can work to catch up instead of having to rely on a bunch of people to not be cunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Hey.

Sorry for "Blog" post as some might call it, Please do skip it if these sort of threads annoy or "Offend" you in some way.

I want to play TBC, I want to Enjoy TBC.

But for some reason seeing all the 280% mounts and full BiS geared (Mages who already have all the tailoring pieces)

Just makes me feel stressed out and "Behind", like "What's the point?" "I'm never going to be good enough, since i'm so slow"

But I don't know why i feel like this, I did not feel like this at the start of 2019 Classic or back in Original TBC.
    trust me .... you will have a lot i mean a LOT of time to catch up dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah, pretty much why i ditched classic, recently, easy to fall behind and then you just stay behind.
    you do one raid where you get no gear and other people get tons cause of shitty loot rules.
    then next week it happens again.
    then the week after that you get sat cause you are the lowest geared.
    and then you are butt fucked all cause gear was not evenly distributed, and so well yeah, your fucked.

Part of a raid team, but we are doing "sign up" rosters as people level, so do a few raids the first 2 weeks, get all of 1 peice of gear while others get upwards of 7-8 simply because we are rolling gear off. then the guild makes a minor stupid descision of for the last 5 minutes of raid for the week, to try to progress on nightbane when hes 1 shotting our tank every pull, instead of going back and killing the servants qaurters boss and get some free potentially BIS loot.
    i asked them if we should do that, they said no, after raid i asked them why, they said "we want 10/10" and then a couple hours later they kick me after months of prep.
    fuck that guild, and fuck trying to find another classic guild this late into the "recruitment phase" and with only 1 peice of raid gear.
    and man i went hardcore on classic like legit, i have done every single quest in TBC classic available, including those for the eye and black temple attunements, the only quest i have left is the serpentshrine attunement, but that needs me to kill maghtoridan now.

so i quit classic, atleast with retail i can go at my own pace, and if i fall behind i can work to catch up instead of having to rely on a bunch of people to not be cunts.
    Sounds like you are/were part of a guild you do not fit at all.
    You seems to blame game instead the people you joined.

Quote Originally Posted by krouger View Post
    trust me .... you will have a lot i mean a LOT of time to catch up dont worry
    You sure?

I thought they would release all patches within 12 months then move onto Wotlk.

Or do you think they will keep a 6 months between patches like on retail?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

You sure?

I thought they would release all patches within 12 months then move onto Wotlk.

Or do you think they will keep a 6 months between patches like on retail?
    ??? And more ???... you think wotlk is RELEASING in what 10-11 months?

EVEN MORE ?????