Poll: Best way to deal with the way factions work

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Oh come on, Human and elves have spent the last 3,000 growing together, most of the humanities development is developed form the elves, who in turn get theirs from the night elves.

The entire alliance system and structure is based on that elven-human-bond --- they don't have to have been in an official alliance.. in fact the official alliance is only a recent thing. the connection and bond between humans and elves is far far older.. the blood elves come off more like being rebels a bit sore from recent attempts.

They have in a sense lead the humans by example and standards, if not actually governed them, kinda like how America led the world. It's the elves that Dalaran was able to be established, and then the Council of Tirisfal

The blood elves have been officially members of the horde for long time (15 years now since TBC), but they are no horde themed race or culture, but 100% alliance, and it's nothing compared to what they've had with humanity.

You should be fully aware of this, the blood elves almost feel like humanities other half on the horde. this is why they worked well as a horde race instead of adapting other humans. And it is their closeness to humanity that distinguishes them from the more elven night elf. they are the elves tied in with the destiny and path of humans.. well until they for awhile turned night elves into their replacements. Good thing void elves are available and are around.
    Anasterian's policy was isolationism, Kael'thas was the one who was most in favor of the alliance and then he was sentenced to death for completing suicide missions.

aesthetics belongs to the sovereign kingdom of quelthalas.

my subfaction would be quelthalas-suramar-darnassians

If you want factionless, play ffxiv
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Oh come on, Human and elves have spent the last 3,000 growing together, most of the humanities development is developed form the elves, who in turn get theirs from the night elves.

The entire alliance system and structure is based on that elven-human-bond --- they don't have to have been in an official alliance.. in fact the official alliance is only a recent thing. the connection and bond between humans and elves is far far older.. the blood elves come off more like being rebels a bit sore from recent attempts.

They have in a sense lead the humans by example and standards, if not actually governed them, kinda like how America led the world. It's the elves that Dalaran was able to be established, and then the Council of Tirisfal

The blood elves have been officially members of the horde for long time (15 years now since TBC), but they are no horde themed race or culture, but 100% alliance, and it's nothing compared to what they've had with humanity.

You should be fully aware of this, the blood elves almost feel like humanities other half on the horde. this is why they worked well as a horde race instead of adapting other humans. And it is their closeness to humanity that distinguishes them from the more elven night elf. they are the elves tied in with the destiny and path of humans.. well until they for awhile turned night elves into their replacements. Good thing void elves are available and are around.
    So much waffle about looks and nothing about the lore.

Purge of Dalaran, Garithos, Night Elves...do I need to list more reasons?

As others have said, this thread is a lot of waffle when it could be summarized down to another "I don't like Blood Elfs being Horde!" Well, tough. I don't like Night Elves or Dark Iron being Alliance, but we can't always get what we want.

I just want the faction divide to only exist in War Mode. If I'm not on war mode, let me talk to players and party with them regardless of faction.

It seems like such a no-brainer design wise, I seriously don't know how they haven't done this yet. WoW's population is declining and will likely keep declining, and Alliance is basically dead over here on the US servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    As others have said, this thread is a lot of waffle when it could be summarized down to another "I don't like Blood Elfs being Horde!" Well, tough. I don't like Night Elves or Dark Iron being Alliance, but we can't always get what we want.
    I really wish they had swapped the factions on Highmountain and Dark Iron. That would have made both races way more interesting, and there's a reasonable lore reason that could be made for both of them siding against their kin.

It's kind of a bummer we only ever got the elf models swapped as far as faction races go (and nightborne were kinda botched, so...)
    Last edited by Irian; 2021-06-21 at 08:34 PM.