Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Why people want the revamp so badly? It would A. use so much resources from new xpac and would be obsolete from the start, or B. would be a place of new xpac events, which would be lame because no amount of revamp would change Darkshore from Darkshore. Zones would have to get a MAJOR change, and that kind of scale is not doable. Like, Cata revamp used existing geography, and all of that already took so much of time according to Blizz. I take new and beautiful continent of SL or Draenor over revamp any day. Not to mention that lvl scaling + Chromie Time helped with levelling big time (which was one of major issues of old zones).
    A world revamp does not need ot use loads of resources. The major failing of Cata was that in addition to redesigning all zones to work with flying, they also made entirely new zones. A new world revamp does not need to do that.
    Secondly, each revamped zone does not need to have a current zones worth fo content, or even detail.

Consider for instance Westfall. Even fully revamped this zone would take probably a fifth of the time and effort an entirely new zone of similar size would take. Combine that with all the adjacent zones like Duskwood and Elwynn and you can look at a set of zones with similarities like one new current zone, with about the same comparative level of detail just over a larger area.

If oyu then consider a set of zones as one large zone for level design purposes then you can easily envision for instance a version of Eastern Kingdoms with 5-6 "zones", each with its own questlines and reputation.

Graphically however a world revamp is almost done already. Darkshore proved that all a zone really needs are a few choice texture updates, a new skybox and a smattering of new updated buildings and mobs to feel almost entirely new.
    Even old world assets like the Vanilla Barrow dens were reused in Legion in such a way that I doubt anyone particularly noticed that most of it was over 10 years old.

Most of the world revamp work is already done though, more importantly. We are close to having updated every single old world mob, and for architecture we have Human, Nelf, Gnome and Draenei buildings for Alliance, and Orc, Troll, Tauren and Belf for Horde. Worgen and Goblin meanwhile are new enough that I doubnt anyone would really notice them being reused. They certainly didnt think too much about the reused Goblin stuff in the BfA dungeon.

The criticisms of Cata are almost entirely focused on what that expansion did wrong when revamping, and ignoring all the ways a world revamp is already being worked on in subtle ways.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so like on 99% there will be new store/loyality mount in two weeks, could be some hint about next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Except I was clearly one of the guys that thought he was.

- - - Updated - - -

The Raid is July 6th.
    I meant one more week for the patch
    Then I’m going to miss the first raid night after it launches

Also as far as your personal standing on the identity of the primus I have no clue. It was meant as a point about how there was a big thing on forums saying “no no it can’t be” while the possibility was real

The 6th we get to see what the goal of the jailer and Benedict Windrunner is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Ok, so like on 99% there will be new store/loyality mount in two weeks, could be some hint about next expac.
    I think it’s the new Chinese zodiac mount next
    Unless I’m remembering the order wrong because I thought the steamscale was last

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Unless I’m remembering the order wrong because I thought the steamscale was last
    The chinese zodiac mount was the last one.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I meant one more week for the patch
    Then I’m going to miss the first raid night after it launches

Also as far as your personal standing on the identity of the primus I have no clue. It was meant as a point about how there was a big thing on forums saying “no no it can’t be” while the possibility was real

The 6th we get to see what the goal of the jailer and Benedict Windrunner is

- - - Updated - - -

I am pretty sure the last one was a zodiac mount, specifically the bull. I do at least distinctly remember it being a thing only in Shadowlands.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if the last one wasnt the zodiac mount, they release those only for chinese new years.

Which they celebrate in jan- and february, not late june.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Even if the last one wasnt the zodiac mount, they release those only for chinese new years.

Which they celebrate in jan- and february, not late june.
    woot woot next mount coming is possibly new fun

There are still those two datamined mounts from a while back, the ones that are encrypted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    There are still those two datamined mounts from a while back, the ones that are encrypted.
    It's possible they were originally planned for Summer Game Fest but got scrapped as we didn't get any WoW news from that? I'm not sure how long the event lasts, but so far they haven't announced anything in their schedule here, which is weird as Diablo and Overwatch got some news there. That said - I hope we still get thouse two phoenixes as promotional mounts!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It's possible they were originally planned for Summer Game Fest but got scrapped as we didn't get any WoW news from that? I'm not sure how long the event lasts, but so far they haven't announced anything in their schedule here, which is weird as Diablo and Overwatch got some news there. That said - I hope we still get thouse two phoenixes as promotional mounts!
    I honestly wish they would stop with promotional mounts. Waste of time.
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhonors View Post
    How so??

They create two mounts and make millions from them lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A world revamp does not need ot use loads of resources. The major failing of Cata was that in addition to redesigning all zones to work with flying, they also made entirely new zones. A new world revamp does not need to do that.
    Secondly, each revamped zone does not need to have a current zones worth fo content, or even detail.

Consider for instance Westfall. Even fully revamped this zone would take probably a fifth of the time and effort an entirely new zone of similar size would take. Combine that with all the adjacent zones like Duskwood and Elwynn and you can look at a set of zones with similarities like one new current zone, with about the same comparative level of detail just over a larger area.

If oyu then consider a set of zones as one large zone for level design purposes then you can easily envision for instance a version of Eastern Kingdoms with 5-6 "zones", each with its own questlines and reputation.

Graphically however a world revamp is almost done already. Darkshore proved that all a zone really needs are a few choice texture updates, a new skybox and a smattering of new updated buildings and mobs to feel almost entirely new.
    Even old world assets like the Vanilla Barrow dens were reused in Legion in such a way that I doubt anyone particularly noticed that most of it was over 10 years old.

Most of the world revamp work is already done though, more importantly. We are close to having updated every single old world mob, and for architecture we have Human, Nelf, Gnome and Draenei buildings for Alliance, and Orc, Troll, Tauren and Belf for Horde. Worgen and Goblin meanwhile are new enough that I doubnt anyone would really notice them being reused. They certainly didnt think too much about the reused Goblin stuff in the BfA dungeon.

The criticisms of Cata are almost entirely focused on what that expansion did wrong when revamping, and ignoring all the ways a world revamp is already being worked on in subtle ways.
    Honestly zidormii could be used for the revamps
    This way they don’t have to create multiple stories and we get to go back to a huge world

7+ Year Old Account
    Why? As long as a mount looks good I couldn't care from where it comes from tbh.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

They imo fit An'she and Elune perfectly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Few pixels for 20$, even more if token is involved and luring people into 6 month subs. Totally waste of time from Blizzard perspective xD

7+ Year Old Account
    They imo fit An'she and Elune perfectly.
    It seems i missed some news? what mounts?

Seeing as their primary function is monetary gain, if they were a waste of time they wouldn't bother releasing them.

Besides, they serve us as a form of patch and expansion indicator, which is great for anyone that likes speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news/two-enc...replume-320844

Nvm i found it.
    Idk, the names and descriptions don't strike me as very moon/night, sun/day-ish to me.

They seem more like elementals.

But they are probably written and named that way on purpose.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-06-22 at 04:04 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Yeah those are the two.

I had thought they may be something released with E3 but nothing came of it. So next best guess is either loyalty/store mount.

It seems i missed some news? what mounts?

Seeing as their primary function is monetary gain, if they were a waste of time they wouldn't bother releasing them.

Besides, they serve us as a form of patch and expansion indicator, which is great for anyone that likes speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news/two-enc...replume-320844

Nvm i found it.
    Idk, the names and descriptions don't strike me as very moon/night, sun/day-ish to me.

They seem more like elementals.

But they are probably written and named that way on purpose.
    Likely on purpose tbh. Wouldn't make too much sense if the Elements were the next big plot point in SL.

7+ Year Old Account
    Likely on purpose tbh. Wouldn't make too much sense if the Elements were the next big plot point in SL.
    Unless they hint at expansions, which most more prominent promo mounts tend to do.

Formerly known as Arafal

Unless they hint at expansions, which most more prominent promo mounts tend to do.
    Idk about the Elements being the next expansion, since I always assumed it was gonna be Light and Shadow, but who knows.

7+ Year Old Account
    since I always assumed it was gonna be Light and Shadow
    I mean, we said the same thing before we got BfA.
    Mop and Wod also came out of nowhere.

While patches can be easily predicted, expansion are a whole other package.

Formerly known as Arafal