Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    If you can’t see/foresee what buying a specific thing can do thus “saying” with your money what you want than there’s nothing to talk about with you.
    Do you think they hold your $15/month in some separate piggy bank called the “honest gamer fund”?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    mau is combined number from all blizzard games
    no it aint.
    they literally say in the QR's "Wows MAU has gone up consistently as of X."

- - - Updated - - -

I can read
    I was asking why did you decide anybody intrested in your story?
    What is the point of this message?
    Why did you decide anybody interested in your story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no it aint.
    I'll give you 1 message chance to prove it.

no it aint.
    Yes, it is. Look at the reports. It clearly says “Blizzard” above the number. Next to Activision and King.

Here for example: https://www.dailyquest.it/wp-content...1-1024x575.jpg

If you think WoW has or had 32m MAU, you’re crazy.
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2021-06-21 at 09:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll give you 1 message chance to prove it.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/activis...tles-in-320763

"World of Warcraft has seen strong enagement in Classic and Retail throughout 2020. Full year franchise net bookings grew 40% year-over-year, with sharp growth in the fourth quarter attributed to the sales of Shadowlands, reaching the highest level in nearly a decade. MAUs grew year-over-year for the sixth consecutive quarter."

MAUs grew year-over-year for the sixth consecutive quarter.
    Yes this LAST one did not mention it, but it didnt say wow's dropped either.
    funny though that MAU for wow grew consistently over the last year and 1 quarter of BFA, and also apparently a fair bit over shadowlands, odd IMO, guess more people played BFA then we thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Yes, it is. Look at the reports. It clearly says “Blizzard” above the number. Next to Activision and King.

Here for example: https://www.dailyquest.it/wp-content...1-1024x575.jpg
    UH OHHHHHHH STINKYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    You link 1 image from a single frame of the report, instead of ya, know, the entire report.

ALSO that report you linked is the 2019 2nd qaurter report, so literally 2 years ago, the one i linked is the final report of last year, 2020 Q4.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-06-21 at 09:25 PM.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/activis...tles-in-320763

"World of Warcraft has seen strong enagement in Classic and Retail throughout 2020. Full year franchise net bookings grew 40% year-over-year, with sharp growth in the fourth quarter attributed to the sales of Shadowlands, reaching the highest level in nearly a decade. MAUs grew year-over-year for the sixth consecutive quarter."

MAUs grew year-over-year for the sixth consecutive quarter.
    you can't be this stupid

show where it is said that it's only wow MAU

7+ Year Old Account
    you can't be this stupid

World of Warcraft has seen strong enagement in Classic and Retail throughout 2020. Full year franchise net bookings grew 40% year-over-year, with sharp growth in the fourth quarter attributed to the sales of Shadowlands, reaching the highest level in nearly a decade. MAUs grew year-over-year for the sixth consecutive quarter.

you gotta be fucking kidding my dude. i literally linked it.

you can't be this stupid

Remember that time you said “I can read”?

Yeah, try reading what he linked. It was also on the front page for like a week - both the report and the direct quote about WoW MAUs.

World of Warcraft has seen strong enagement in Classic and Retail throughout 2020. Full year franchise net bookings grew 40% year-over-year, with sharp growth in the fourth quarter attributed to the sales of Shadowlands, reaching the highest level in nearly a decade. MAUs grew year-over-year for the sixth consecutive quarter.

you gotta be fucking kidding my dude. i literally linked it.
    can't see sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Remember that time you said “I can read”?

Yeah, try reading what he linked. It was also on the front page for like a week - both the report and the direct quote about WoW MAUs.

ahahaha, i see you are mad

Carbot joining the rtard hate train for wow, not surprising since it makes money, but pretty fucking sad, I'll stop watching his stuff for sure now. He has some points, but almost all the shit he pointed out as "bad" are things people literally begged and whined and petitioned for till they got (and they did make the game better).

The game changed, sure but more so most of us changed, we lost the free time we had, grew new interests, found love and jobs, and with the plethora of games dropped near daily its hard to justify playing only wow and never taking a break. Much like the wretched haters that refuse to leave these boards and find happiness, carbot needs to realize that its fine to move on with sticking around and bitching like some bitter ex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Gonna go out on a limb and guess that they’ll add stuff regardless, considering my lack of purchasing previously didn’t stop it?

And I definitely didn’t injure myself or, more importantly, our 3rd Kara group that has had to cancel 2/3 of their raids because they can’t find a healer.

You want to see all downside, and that’s just not the reality.
    Are you naive or narcissistic enough to think that only you get to have an effect on what Blizzard does? the constant increase of mtx in the games is a direct consequence of millions of people thinking like you

"lol it doesn't actually matter if I buy it or not" times a million starts to matter a hell of a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Are you naive or narcissistic enough to think that only you get to have an effect on what Blizzard does? the constant increase of mtx in the games is a direct consequence of millions of people thinking like you

"lol it doesn't actually matter if I buy it or not" times a million starts to matter a hell of a lot
    What do you call someone who sees millions of people purchasing a product and considers themselves, by not purchasing the product, more righteous or intelligent?

Here’s a twist: I enjoy the game and spend my money where I feel it’s worthwhile. When I don’t enjoy the game, I don’t play. When I don’t want a service or item, I don’t buy it.

Stop pretending people who buy the products are all some derelicts or sheep, especially if you’re going to go around calling people naive, lmao.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Ok - I'll only say it once in this thread:

It devalues character progression.

The "value" of "character progression" is purely subjective.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lie, it hit me in the feels, and it hits hard. Mainly the people and friends drifting apart and the game losing itself.

But it lost me when it mentioned microtransactions. The shop in WoW is laughbly small and meaningless. What, a few mounts, services and a boost?

The game has bigger problems than the freaking shop. But I suppose it is easy to get angry about this.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    I can read
    I was asking why did you decide anybody intrested in your story?
    You were interested enough to ask him about it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Love those figures. I can play that game too. 10% hate mtx, 30% buys everything, 60% don't care and/or buy some.
    you can. after having put years and years of research into WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    Are you trying to say you put years of research into why people quit wow?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    Really, have you got a PHD in wow quitting?
    I can tell you my job is LITERALLY to research wow, and even then, i can tell you that you are full of shit.
    But hey its only my job to do research, can you show me your "credentials"

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Not going to lie, it hit me in the feels, and it hits hard. Mainly the people and friends drifting apart and the game losing itself.

But it lost me when it mentioned microtransactions. The shop in WoW is laughbly small and meaningless. What, a few mounts, services and a boost?

The game has bigger problems than the freaking shop. But I suppose it is easy to get angry about this.
    Friends losing interest in the game and drifting apart is I think something everyone who's played WoW experiences.

But I would say everything he uses in the video for "examples" is just basically equivalent to buzzwords. Most people I know that lose interest are either just

A) Bored
    B) Mad about class balance
    C) Dislike a mechanic of the game (Covenants/Heart of Azeroth as examples)

Which I think is more than fair honestly to be critical of. I myself think it's a bit silly how gentle Blizzard is when it comes to class balancing because of the sake of stuff like high end gameplay. Not every class is going to be completely balanced, but there are times that there's extreme outliners who deserve some tuning yet they rarely will unless it's a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Friends losing interest in the game and drifting apart is I think something everyone who's played WoW experiences.

But I would say everything he uses in the video for "examples" is just basically equivalent to buzzwords. Most people I know that lose interest are either just

A) Bored
    B) Mad about class balance
    C) Dislike a mechanic of the game (Covenants/Heart of Azeroth as examples)

Which I think is more than fair honestly to be critical of. I myself think it's a bit silly how gentle Blizzard is when it comes to class balancing because of the sake of stuff like high end gameplay. Not every class is going to be completely balanced, but there are times that there's extreme outliners who deserve some tuning yet they rarely will unless it's a nerf.
    Im always surprised by the number of people who try to claim that "specific reason X" is why "everyone" left the game. It was flying, no, it was arena, no, it was lfr, no it was lfd, no it was m+, no it was mythic raiding.

Reality is there are varied and individual reasons why people stop playing wow, and I suspect for a good portion of players, it has little to do with the game itself, but rather lifestyle changes - kids, family, work, school, whatever. For those whom it is game related, i think A and C are the most common - many people just stop enjoying the game and stop playing, without ever bothering to try and discover WHY they stopped enjoying it.

I played the shit out of the RE2 remake, and only played through RE3 remake a couple of times. I never bothered to ask "gee, i wonder WHY i dont like 3 as much, i wonder what specific thing i dont like?" I just literally didn't play it again. I suspect many are the same with wow - they stop enjoying it, so they stop playing - its really that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.