Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    A simple filter to a dungeon queue would solve this

Do you wanna play with casuals or hardcore gamers? Click the corresponding box

Casuals will have those quick queues and hardcore will get to play with the type they want at the expense of longer waits

You can’t go around just banning everyone who’s mean to you in this world
    That's actually not a bad idea. The biggest problem with matchmade content is that you pull from the entire playerbase. If you could segregate it a little bit by opting in to do casual content the hardcore way it would probably solve a lot of friction.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    That's the difference. If you criticize WoW then WoW players will agree with you because a lot of them have been disappointed with the game for a very long time.
    In FFXIV is very different, the players love the game, they love the developers and they will get defensive if attacked even if that attack is a small one.
    WoW was exactly the same in the early days, if you criticized WoW during vanilla, TBC or Wrath you'd get a lot of pushback but Cata onwards was a completely different story because that's when exoduses started to happen. If you're on a forums such as this one the person you're talking to could've quit the game years ago, if you're talking ingame you could be talking to someone who has been bitter at the direction of the game for years but is still playing out of addiction, habit or hope that it'll return to "the good old days".
    All you need to do is look at the Classic side of these forums and you'll see people who will go into full rage mode if you dare to say anything negative about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Precisely. He is basically that one dad at every Little League game that talks shit on all the other kids because they're not World Series worthy athletes. It's why the community of WoW has become a cesspool. Blizzard doesn't punish people for being toxic. They practically encourage it. Meanwhile, if you're nasty in a matchmade group in FFXIV, you're very likely getting banned when someone reports you. But people like T-34 expect everyone to play perfectly even when matched with randoms.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about your own experiences because it's anecdotal on that end. But I have absolutely been harassed when saying negative things about WoW. It happens constantly on these forums. Hell, it's happened in this very thread. So I wouldn't say FFXIV is universally the most "thin-skinned community". Because there are plenty of people in other MMOs that will viciously attack you for saying negative things about the game. I've been playing FFXIV for 4 months now so I can't say you're wrong 100% or not. But I played WoW for 12 years and it is hands down the most toxic community I've experienced in any game I've ever played.
    The other poster was right, why the whataboutism with WoW? Make a ff14 post without mentioning WoW at all if you want any credibility. What you have is just a simple post with zero evidence

I have provided evidence on this very forum.

WoW isn’t even in the top 10 most toxic game communities and if you think so, go spend some time playing LoL, Dota or any BR. Hell, go YouTube up old mw2 lobbies if you really want to toughen up sometime

WoW community may be more toxic than ff14 but they damn sure aren’t as thin skinned. Notice how I can say I hate the furry Fox race in WoW and nobody bats an eye, but if I say I hate the furry races in ff14 i get called out and called -phobe or worse. Nobody goes super defensive about WoW they just say quit and move on

You say the same complaint about ff14 and the community feels personally insulted. They spent 10 pages here trying to twist my words into something they weren’t because they couldn’t handle someone doesn’t like the art of their game.

I can say I hate the art of wow... it doesn’t turn into a forum war. I say I hate the feminine art style of ff14, and suddenly I’m the problem with the entire world

Ff14 community needs thick skin and to let it go and the fact you had to play whataboutism with a fake WoW anecdote proves me right, and that other post right about you and WoW

I challenge you, on your next 10 ff14 posts fo not even mention or reference WoW. If you can’t do that, then I’m right

lmfao Nobody does that in FFXIV. I've never once been in a group where someone didn't pull their weight and expected people to carry them. It happens all the time in WoW though, especially in LFD and LFR. And the people who get "snitched on" were likely being dicks about their comments. Probably making super toxic comments like "So are you going to play or just put us on follow like a worthless pieces of shit?" Oh and those players don't get harassed and persecuted. They get reported and banned so nobody has to deal with their toxic behavior anymore.

Once again, stop making comments about a game you have NEVER played.
    He's really talking out his ass huh? lol. I started playing 2 months ago, I still mess up sometimes to dumb stuff, but not once have I ever had anyone be nasty nor have I run into anyone like he's claiming is "all around" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

You're really going to act like banning exceptionally toxic people from a community is a bad thing? Give me a fucking break. WoW lets people get away with saying any nasty thing they want and it's soured the community. FFXIV GMs don't put up with it and they will ban anyone who is being nasty. they don't ban people who say things like "Why weren't you interrupting?". They ban people who make comments like "If you're going to be utterly worthless, just uninstall the fucking game." Stop attempting to play the victim.
    There’s a middle ground that’s awfully muddy tho between your two extremes. And that’s where 90% of the issues occur.

Not on the perfect examples that never happen in your world

No one is playing the victim but ff14 fans. All your posts are so hilariously defensive you are proving my point for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Nah dude he doesn't look like he's on roids so he's just a lithe little boy going to prom, c'mon. Can't be "manly and rugged" or whatever unless your arms are thicker than your head or something I guess.
    It's part of asian culture. The men are more feminine and pretty there than the rugged guys over in the States.

The other poster was right, why the whataboutism with WoW? Make a ff14 post without mentioning WoW at all if you want any credibility. What you have is just a simple post with zero evidence

I have provided evidence on this very forum.

WoW isn’t even in the top 10 most toxic game communities and if you think so, go spend some time playing LoL, Dota or any BR. Hell, go YouTube up old mw2 lobbies if you really want to toughen up sometime

WoW community may be more toxic than ff14 but they damn sure aren’t as thin skinned. Notice how I can say I hate the furry Fox race in WoW and nobody bats an eye, but if I say I hate the furry races in ff14 i get called out and called -phobe or worse. Nobody goes super defensive about WoW they just say quit and move on

You say the same complaint about ff14 and the community feels personally insulted. They spent 10 pages here trying to twist my words into something they weren’t because they couldn’t handle someone doesn’t like the art of their game.

I can say I hate the art of wow... it doesn’t turn into a forum war. I say I hate the feminine art style of ff14, and suddenly I’m the problem with the entire world

Ff14 community needs thick skin and to let it go and the fact you had to play whataboutism with a fake WoW anecdote proves me right, and that other post right about you and WoW

I challenge you, on your next 10 ff14 posts fo not even mention or reference WoW. If you can’t do that, then I’m right
    I've played all the games you mentioned. I've experienced more hostility from people in WoW than I ever did in LoL. And you're also absolutely and utterly full of shit about your vulpera comment. These very forums prove you wrong. So stop lying and stop trying to play victim.

None of your words were twisted. Just because you're unhappy nobody agreed with you doesn't mean your words were twisted. Nobody got mad when you said you didn't like the art style. People got upset when you started injecting toxic masculinity into it and made homophobic comments. You're not right about shit. You're doing nothing but gaslighting and playing the victim. All you have done is further prove how exceptionally toxic a lot of WoW hardcore fans are.

Grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    He's really talking out his ass huh? lol. I started playing 2 months ago, I still mess up sometimes to dumb stuff, but not once have I ever had anyone be nasty nor have I run into anyone like he's claiming is "all around" lol
    Even as a Gunbreaker tank, I've announced I was a new tank and people told me they would walk me through things.

If you say you're a new tank in WoW, get ready to be vote kicked as soon as it's available.

I've played all the games you mentioned. I've experienced more hostility from people in WoW than I ever did in LoL. And you're also absolutely and utterly full of shit about your vulpera comment. These very forums prove you wrong. So stop lying and stop trying to play victim.

None of your words were twisted. Just because you're unhappy nobody agreed with you doesn't mean your words were twisted. Nobody got mad when you said you didn't like the art style. People got upset when you started injecting toxic masculinity into it and made homophobic comments. You're not right about shit. You're doing nothing but gaslighting and playing the victim. All you have done is further prove how exceptionally toxic a lot of WoW hardcore fans are.

Grow up.
    What am I wrong about the vulpera? I don’t like them existing. It’s that simple. Neither do MOST fans and it’s why Blizz had to reupload the video 10x because the downvotes were embarrassing them. In fact, I bet if you weren’t being such a hyperbolic drama queen you’d do the necessary google search to see how profoundly unpopular they are and they are just one of hundreds of modern WoW failures. They are mocked in practically every machina too, they aren’t popular

Also, toxic masculinity? Because I think the art style is feminine and that one example linked to me by a troll was a joke? Yeah, but notice you were so desperate to be a victim and try to make something out of nothing, that you ignored that I called out the female outfits as equally skimpy and overly sexualized. No, you just want to play victim and easily brush aside my critique of the game because I do think the art style is hella feminine.

Get. Over. It. If you weren’t as thin skinned as I stated, you’d have already brushed it off and said “we can agree to disagree. Have a good day”. You know, like real adults do and like I’ve done 10x on this forum

But by all means, keep clutching those pearls and embarrassing the ff14 community further. You are literally proving me 100% right, kid

Ps - I challenged you to go 10 posts without mentioning WoW. You couldn’t even go 1

I have to agree, the ff14 community is *generally* the most care bear, safe space, whiny bunch I have seen in a video game.

Their life depends on defending ff14s honor and their safe space to be as garbage as possible.

The fact that I can't call out a dps for doing 5x less dps cuz muh feelings is probably top 2-3 reasons I can't stand playing for like a month every 2 years.

What am I wrong about the vulpera? I don’t like them existing. It’s that simple. Neither do MOST fans and it’s why Blizz had to reupload the video 10x because the downvotes were embarrassing them. In fact, I bet if you weren’t being such a hyperbolic drama queen you’d do the necessary google search to see how profoundly unpopular they are and they are just one of hundreds of modern WoW failures. They are mocked in practically every machina too, they aren’t popular

Also, toxic masculinity? Because I think the art style is feminine and that one example linked to me by a troll was a joke? Yeah, but notice you were so desperate to be a victim and try to make something out of nothing, that you ignored that I called out the female outfits as equally skimpy and overly sexualized. No, you just want to play victim and easily brush aside my critique of the game because I do think the art style is hella feminine.

Get. Over. It. If you weren’t as thin skinned as I stated, you’d have already brushed it off and said “we can agree to disagree. Have a good day”. You know, like real adults do and like I’ve done 10x on this forum

But by all means, keep clutching those pearls and embarrassing the ff14 community further. You are literally proving me 100% right, kid

Ps - I challenged you to go 10 posts without mentioning WoW. You couldn’t even go 1
    "I made comments about the female characters too! That means I wasn't being toxic!" the fact that you think that justifies other things you said is pretty sickening. Also, metrics show that unfortunately vulpera are one of the most popular allied races in game right now. Talk about not doing google searches.

You can try and lie about what you said but you'd have to go back and edit several posts in order to prove what I'm saying wrong. You made numerous toxic comments and people called you out. Then you played victim and tried to call them "thin-skinned" because of it. This isn't about agreeing to disagree. I don't agree with people who lie and who are wrong. If you were going to "agree to disagree" and are so mature....then why are you still posting in this thread? Why are you continuing to lie and play the victim? Why are you continuing to gaslight?

I haven't proved anything about FFXIV. Ironically, you have proven me right about the WoW community's toxicity. So you can try and act like you've won but everyone is clearly able to see you are nothing but a toxic WoW player that's pissed off that WoW is destroying itself while FFXIV flourishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I have to agree, the ff14 community is *generally* the most care bear, safe space, whiny bunch I have seen in a video game.

Their life depends on defending ff14s honor and their safe space to be as garbage as possible.

The fact that I can't call out a dps for doing 5x less dps cuz muh feelings is probably top 2-3 reasons I can't stand playing for like a month every 2 years.
    "Ugh I got banned for being toxic to people in a dungeon because they weren't playing the game to my standards. I can do it in WoW, why can't I do it in FFXIV?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Football and soccer are competitive sports. The whole point is to perform better than your opponents. Everyone who opt in to such activities are generally on the same page. Hardly comparable to a video game that you play to relax. You don't watch movies competitively do you?
    Suuuure. People are even applying what I said in PE class, when it is just two random teams of students playing a match for nothing. People do not like loosing, period. If you have shown you are not interested in putting effort in then your classmates will not pick you for their team until they are forced to by the teacher. It's a well known social reality.

The basic idea is overcoming a challenge as a group. Be that challenge a bunch of pixels or a flesh and blood team or, to go back to the distant past where these social realities were ingrained, hunting a mammoth. In either case, people will be upset and annoyed if you don't care enough to put effort in and are just dead weight. It will be met with repercussions. The sports team will not want you, your fellow hunters will not share the meat, people on the internet tell you you suck.

The only reason you ridicule this point is because you don't want to accept responsibility. It's much easier to pretend everyone on the internet is an ass then to accept that some of them might have a point.

If you are playing a single player game then sure, play as you want, no one else is affected by your actions, but if you play with other people on the internet or otherwise you better conform to this simple rule. You are not somehow special and exempt from social reality, just because you don't want to accept people on the internet as real.

"I made comments about the female characters too! That means I wasn't being toxic!" the fact that you think that justifies other things you said is pretty sickening. Also, metrics show that unfortunately vulpera are one of the most popular allied races in game right now. Talk about not doing google searches.

You can try and lie about what you said but you'd have to go back and edit several posts in order to prove what I'm saying wrong. You made numerous toxic comments and people called you out. Then you played victim and tried to call them "thin-skinned" because of it. This isn't about agreeing to disagree. I don't agree with people who lie and who are wrong. If you were going to "agree to disagree" and are so mature....then why are you still posting in this thread? Why are you continuing to lie and play the victim? Why are you continuing to gaslight?

I haven't proved anything about FFXIV. Ironically, you have proven me right about the WoW community's toxicity. So you can try and act like you've won but everyone is clearly able to see you are nothing but a toxic WoW player that's pissed off that WoW is destroying itself while FFXIV flourishes.

- - - Updated - - -

"Ugh I got banned for being toxic to people in a dungeon because they weren't playing the game to my standards. I can do it in WoW, why can't I do it in FFXIV?!"
    Wasn't banned, everyone everywhere on every forum and site basically tells you to stfu or you are going to be banned cuz snowflakes.

lmfao Nobody does that in FFXIV. I've never once been in a group where someone didn't pull their weight and expected people to carry them. It happens all the time in WoW though, especially in LFD and LFR. And the people who get "snitched on" were likely being dicks about their comments. Probably making super toxic comments like "So are you going to play or just put us on follow like a worthless pieces of shit?" Oh and those players don't get harassed and persecuted. They get reported and banned so nobody has to deal with their toxic behavior anymore.

Once again, stop making comments about a game you have NEVER played.
    Um, it happens all the time in FFXIV. It's just more difficult to notice without the ease of access to analysis tools. There are people in raids that eat every vuln stack what feels like half the time.

Wasn't banned, everyone everywhere on every forum and site basically tells you to stfu or you are going to be banned cuz snowflakes.
    Lmao nobody gets banned unless they're being super toxic and saying nasty shit. So take your lies elsewhere.

Lmao nobody gets banned unless they're being super toxic and saying nasty shit. So take your lies elsewhere.
    So I can tell someone to stop wasting 4 other peoples time and to start actually doing damage?

Nothing I said was out of bounds or insulting. I made fun of that one troll transmog example as being ready for the nightclub with the bf and not monster slaying, that isn’t a gay insult and if YOU took offense to that... that’s a you issue, cupcake and seek therapy. I also called out the sexualization of the women’s outfits too and how they are in high heels and skirts fighting monsters and look like they spend more time in front of mirrors than slaying dragons

None of that is insulting in any other way than it was presented, over the flamboyant appearances and feminine art. Get over it and quit being such a thin skinned baby. You keep proving me right more and more. If you were a real man, my opinion wouldn’t phase you in the least. Does my vulpera opinion bother you too?

And I posted in this forum to call out how thin skinned the ff14 community is.. and you respond by doubling down and proving me right. Bravo kid, bravo.

As far as toxic, I’m the least toxic gamer you’ll ever meet so proving me right about the insult part too

Also, that’s 2/2 you’ve mentioned WoW in your ff14 defense after I challenged you not to do it. You failed and you’ve proven me right about the ff14 community

Get thicker skin. In fact, if you respond to this at all you lose the game. I’m done with this. I’ve been proven right here over and over

No community is as thin skinned and defensive as ff14. It’s pathetic.

So I can tell someone to stop wasting 4 other peoples time and to start actually doing damage?
    You can do it constructively very easily. You can easily say "Hey is your connection bad or something?" and if they respond in a nasty way, boot them. It costs you literally nothing to not be a jerk to people in game.

Nothing I said was out of bounds or insulting. I made fun of that one troll transmog example as being ready for the nightclub with the bf and not monster slaying, that isn’t a gay insult and if YOU took offense to that... that’s a you issue, cupcake and seek therapy. I also called out the sexualization of the women’s outfits too and how they are in high heels and skirts fighting monsters and look like they spend more time in front of mirrors than slaying dragons

None of that is insulting. Get over it and quit being such a thin skinned baby. You keep proving me right more and more. If you were a real man, my opinion wouldn’t phase you in the least. Does my vulpera opinion bother you too?

And I posted in this forum to call out how thin skinned the ff14 community is.. and you respond by doubling down and proving me right. Bravo kid, bravo.

As far as toxic, I’m the least toxic gamer you’ll ever meet so proving me right about the insult part too

Also, that’s 2/2 you’ve mentioned WoW in your ff14 defense after I challenged you not to do it. You failed and you’ve proven me right about the ff14 community

Get thicker skin. In fact, if you respond to this at all you lose the game. I’m done with this. I’ve been proven right here over and over

No community is as thin skinned and defensive as ff14. It’s pathetic.
    Yeah it's the 2021 equivalent of twitter. Everyone has their safe space and never ever wrong. Even if you are drooling on your keyboard with an apm of 5.

- - - Updated - - -

You can do it constructively very easily. You can easily say "Hey is your connection bad or something?" and if they respond in a nasty way, boot them. It costs you literally nothing to not be a jerk to people in game.
    "Is your connection bad" kek

It's costs people literally nothing if they can't press their buttons to stay out of content with other people.

Yeah it's the 2021 equivalent of twitter. Everyone has their safe space and never ever wrong. Even if you are drooling on your keyboard with an apm of 5.
    It’s crazy how utterly irrationally defensive the ff14 crowd. It’s like a literal mmorpg of twitters most safe space loving crowd.

I think the artwork is feminine. I’ve said that it’s fine but just not for me

Ff14 fans can’t accept that and try to turn that into “if you hate the art work you hate women, gay people, Japanese people, video gamers, and the color yellow” and it’s eye rolling

Talking to the ff14 community is the equivalent of talking to an mmorpg of the worlds most entitled college freshmen

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with commenting on WoW in almost all of your posts? This thread is about what issues people have with FF14 and all you do is defend FF14 constantly and just bring up how bad WoW is.
    Oh he is doing that in every post he makes on this forum, no matter which topic or if he has to make up "facts" for it. Despite Final Fantasy being the second coming of Christ in his eyes it doesn't seem to get him interested enough to actually play instead of spending all his time here attacking WoW.