Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Example: I said I thought the art style was feminine. That’s fine, it’s just one dudes opinion... but ff14 fans spent pages here insulting me, belittling my opinion, and trying to one up me and when that didn’t work they just went full on label mode and your some kind -phobe if you dislike ff14 art.
    And the fact that you used a very strange definition of 'feminine' and accused everyone who didn't agree with you of having a thin skin had nothing to do with why people disagreed with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You can believe what you want it does t make you right. You have only played it for 4 months. It doesn't matter to me. You are just going to continuing huddling in your ff14 safe bubble cuz someone was a meanie to you on wow. My guess is you were doing less dps than the healer.

And yes, someone wasting other peoples time should be told that they are...... wasting other peoples time.
    I always pull my weight. Because otherwise, I'd get bored in an activity. And once again, it costs you literally nothing to not be nasty to people. But you still choose to be toxic instead of being constructive. People only get banned and not eligible for an appeal if they were making super inflammatory comments in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Stop the gaslight bro (bolded part). I dont think of it negatively but you do not seem to understand what homophobia and prejudice is. You insinuating that feminine attire or more feminine looking people are automatically gay (aka ready to receive a load in your words) is homophobia whether you like it or not. You d be the kid at school that would bully the skinnier nerdy looking kids calling them sissies. I could care less if you like the art style or the game. This is all subjective. But when you make comments like that I can see your issues lie deeper.
    Proving me right about the game being the worst college freshman out there

That character was not dressed for adventure. Period. I called out the women too but nothing about that huh? Funny.

The art being feminine and that particular linked transmog are not tied together or related. Even ff14 purists were calling out that transmog so don’t play morality judge here when you’re just wrong about this and assuming too much

None of my gay friends would let their husbands leave the house like that. Their marriages were both classy events, so let’s not pretend as if I’m mocking that character for being anything but over the top flamboyant.

If you want to die on the hill of defending ff14 from homophobia, it’s out there but it ain’t here. I’ve got a little brother that’s gay, but that doesn’t mean any of my gay friends wouldn’t be ridiculed in the same manner for that outfit.

Like I said, go clutch pearls elsewhere cuz this ain’t it chief

3+ Year Old Account
    .... I say I hate the feminine art style of ff14,
    You're not the only one, I'm not a fan of it either. Then again I play blue tusked Jamaicans so.... I guess that's a bit diffrent than how dudes look in ff14

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    It's part of asian culture. The men are more feminine and pretty there than the rugged guys over in the States.
    This is true, but I've seen some ff character look a bit more... American I guess? Auron, Jecht and Wakka all look a bit more like men look over here than they do in Japan. Might just be art style
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I can say I hate the art of wow... it doesn’t turn into a forum war. I say I hate the feminine art style of ff14, and suddenly I’m the problem with the entire world
    And this, right here, shows why the WoW forums don't blow up whilst the FFXIV one reacts ('blow up' is a bit extreme). You just say "the art of WoW", making no stylistic statement, but you say "the feminine art style of ff14", which includes a claim about the style. The first opinion is far less likely to provoke a response because there's nothing to it but a statement of personal preference. The second is making a claim about the style of art as well, and it's one that proved to be controversial, especially when it became apparent that your definition of 'feminine' matched almost nobody else's.

3+ Year Old Account
    Also the tons of belts, zippers and big shoes
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    And the fact that you used a very strange definition of 'feminine' and accused everyone who didn't agree with you of having a thin skin had nothing to do with why people disagreed with you.
    I call it feminine because it is to me. It’s soft and dainty and everyone looks like they spend more time brushing their hair than polishing their sword.

That’s fine tho. I never once insulted the players or even the people who like that art style. I only insulted the one naked transmog and I’d do the same to a naked character in any game. I don’t wanna see an overly sexualized character in any game, that’s just me tho. No judgement.

The only people I call thin skin are the ones who see my opinion, get riled up and straight up insulting over it. If you are so thin skinned you have to defend a subjective art style.. yeah. I mean, I don’t go insulting people who don’t like my nfl team

That transmog was hilariously over the top flamboyant. But who really cares? Art is subjective.

It's costs people literally nothing if they can't press their buttons to stay out of content with other people.
    And this is a you problem, not FFXIV problem lol. If you're not going to be constructive in a polite way, you deserve to get banned, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

And this, right here, shows why the WoW forums don't blow up whilst the FFXIV one reacts ('blow up' is a bit extreme). You just say "the art of WoW", making no stylistic statement, but you say "the feminine art style of ff14", which includes a claim about the style. The first opinion is far less likely to provoke a response because there's nothing to it but a statement of personal preference. The second is making a claim about the style of art as well, and it's one that proved to be controversial, especially when it became apparent that your definition of 'feminine' matched almost nobody else's.
    The childish art of WoW. The outdated art of WoW. The weakness of the main characters. The story written by 10 year olds. The new furry race of WoW...

Trust me. I could tear into WoW quite a bit but that’s another thread.

My only point was WoW fans, eso fans.. no one is as defensive as ff14 fans. Why? The game is a damn fine game but no game is for everyone

Even tho I think the art is feminine, I’ve been very praising of ff14. The music in particular is a favorite of mine

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I always pull my weight. Because otherwise, I'd get bored in an activity. And once again, it costs you literally nothing to not be nasty to people. But you still choose to be toxic instead of being constructive. People only get banned and not eligible for an appeal if they were making super inflammatory comments in chat.
    That's the problem though, the community is so fragile and thin skinned that non offensive things get blown way out of proportion and you get banned. The community is so insecure that almost anything is a percieved slight.

Example- this thread.
    Someone linked a picture of a guy.
    Some one said that dude is feminine.
    Ahshsjshshsiehdhejeh YOU HOMOPHOBE REEEEEEEEEE.

What am I wrong about the vulpera? I don’t like them existing. It’s that simple. Neither do MOST fans and it’s why Blizz had to reupload the video 10x because the downvotes were embarrassing them. In fact, I bet if you weren’t being such a hyperbolic drama queen you’d do the necessary google search to see how profoundly unpopular they are and they are just one of hundreds of modern WoW failures. They are mocked in practically every machina too, they aren’t popular
    I see plenty around, and I think most people who don't care for them actually just don't give a damn one way or the other. The strongest opinion about them I've ever seen is annoyance from Alliance players because the Vulpera are Horde and the Alliance got a gnome reskin that can't even transmog a number of slots and has nappies (diapers for you USAins) for pants. The other complaint is from Hordies who'd prefer that they hadn't got another 'pretty' race. That they shouldn't exist or shouldn't be a player race is not a complaint I've seen much (or almost at all).
    Get. Over. It. If you weren’t as thin skinned as I stated, you’d have already brushed it off and said “we can agree to disagree. Have a good day”. You know, like real adults do and like I’ve done 10x on this forum
    And here we are again, with you calling anyone who disagrees with you 'thin skinned'.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem though, the community is so fragile and thin skinned that non offensive things get blown way out of proportion and you get banned. The community is so insecure that almost anything is a percieved slight.

Example- this thread.
    No, people don't like others to use homophobic slurs. Is that really that hard?

If you don't like the art style that's fine - it's really not everyones cup of tea, but you can get this message across without stooping to homophobia.

Example- this thread.
    Btw, go back to that picture at like page 65 and tell me I’m wrong about that particular transmog in question

Nothing I said was homophobic but they are so defensive and thin skinned that me saying he looked more ready to date his bf than slaying monsters, it was an outrage. Should I have said go to date his moogle or Chocobo instead? I also said it irks me when female characters don’t wear real armor either and fight in high heels... no one went to bat for that tho. Funny

I call it feminine because it is to me. It’s soft and dainty and everyone looks like they spend more time brushing their hair than polishing their sword.

That’s fine tho. I never once insulted the players or even the people who like that art style. I only insulted the one naked transmog and I’d do the same to a naked character in any game. I don’t wanna see an overly sexualized character in any game, that’s just me tho. No judgement.

The only people I call thin skin are the ones who see my opinion, get riled up and straight up insulting over it. If you are so thin skinned you have to defend a subjective art style.. yeah. I mean, I don’t go insulting people who don’t like my nfl team

That transmog was hilariously over the top flamboyant. But who really cares? Art is subjective.
    Hoo boy. Vikings brushed their hair frequently, wore various perfumes, and were meticulous about their appearance. I guess by your logic, vikings were super feminine. And I don't see how brushing one's hair is a bad thing or a feminine thing. You're just wanting to inject toxic masculinity into things.

People got mad because of the way you worded your responses. You didn't just speak your opinion. You threw in a lot of toxic remarks threaded into your opinions. As three other people said, it wasn't the fact that you said you disliked the art style. It's the fact that you made homophobic comments while saying you don't like the art style.

You calling people thin-skinned purely because they called you out on your toxic comments.

The fact that I can't call out a dps for doing 5x less dps cuz muh feelings is probably top 2-3 reasons I can't stand playing for like a month every 2 years.
    And here was me thinking it was because the only way you can prove their lack of DPS (assuming they're not AFKing) is by linking or quoting numbers from a DPS meter, the use of which is against the TOS. So, you're complaining because providing proof that you're breaking the TOS can get you banned.

Proving me right about the game being the worst college freshman out there

That character was not dressed for adventure. Period. I called out the women too but nothing about that huh? Funny.

The art being feminine and that particular linked transmog are not tied together or related. Even ff14 purists were calling out that transmog so don’t play morality judge here when you’re just wrong about this and assuming too much

None of my gay friends would let their husbands leave the house like that. Their marriages were both classy events, so let’s not pretend as if I’m mocking that character for being anything but over the top flamboyant.

If you want to die on the hill of defending ff14 from homophobia, it’s out there but it ain’t here. I’ve got a little brother that’s gay, but that doesn’t mean any of my gay friends wouldn’t be ridiculed in the same manner for that outfit.

Like I said, go clutch pearls elsewhere cuz this ain’t it chief
    Again you re dancing around the actual issue because you re afraid of tackling it head on because that would mean acknowledging what you actually said. But I ll give you one last chance in a way that you cannot cherry pick this time.
    Nobody has an issue with you calling the art style feminine.
    Nobody has an issue about you having the opinion that a lot of glamours look like the characters are not ready for an adventure.
    Nobody is mentioning your comment about female characters because you just expressed the opinion that you didn't like the skimpiness of the outfits due to them not fitting with your aesthetic. You did not make a sexist comment about women.
    The actual issue lies within you making comments where you directly link femininity and frailty with gay men. There are feminine men that are not gay and there are gay men that are not feminine. Saying "this dude looks like he's about to take a load in the face" SIMPLY BECAUSE OF HIS FEMININE APPEARANCE (caps for emphasis so you cannot cherry pick again) is homophobic. It's not that hard to understand. And it has nothing to do with your preference. That is up to you and completely subjective. I also prefer more masculine looking characters than the one the game allows me to make but I don't insinuate that the men in the game all look gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here was me thinking it was because the only way you can prove their lack of DPS (assuming they're not AFKing) is by linking or quoting numbers from a DPS meter, the use of which is against the TOS. So, you're complaining because providing proof that you're breaking the TOS can get you banned.
    and that's not true, you can still argue with:

Emnity List
    Kill Times
    The actual spells people are using
    Standing around doing nothing.

Damage Meter is just a visualization that people are playing bad. No one plays bad because of damage meter. Use the meter to identify who is slogging, then find out WHY they're slogging, then tell them -> profit.

I see plenty around, and I think most people who don't care for them actually just don't give a damn one way or the other. The strongest opinion about them I've ever seen is annoyance from Alliance players because the Vulpera are Horde and the Alliance got a gnome reskin that can't even transmog a number of slots and has nappies (diapers for you USAins) for pants. The other complaint is from Hordies who'd prefer that they hadn't got another 'pretty' race. That they shouldn't exist or shouldn't be a player race is not a complaint I've seen much (or almost at all).

And here we are again, with you calling anyone who disagrees with you 'thin skinned'.
    That dude is thin skinned. To the point he needs therapy.

And the vulpera were so unpopular Blizz had to reupload their video 10x due to downvotes and negative comments, and eventually just pulled it and let people like ign keep it up. They simply don’t belong in WoW, they belong more in something like wildstar

WoW needs less furry races and more monster races. WoW needs ogres, centaurs, etc.. hire more artists whatever. But I don’t wanna derail ff14 talk by crapping on WoW but trust me, there is a lot of mocking tone in regards to vulpera.

I think the only reason it isn’t an issue is because A) WoW added like 10 races that expac. B) WoW has bigger fundamental core issues that outweigh any issues

Ps - Ive also said the art and slower combat is the only parts of ff14 I dislike. I think it is a fantastic game all things considered and recommend it to people all the same. It isn’t a deal breaker

Example- this thread.
    No. He said the guy looked like he was getting ready to take a load. That's a blatantly homophobic comments. Also, I'll say again, you only get banned if you're super nasty in your remarks. you're saying you should be allowed to be super nasty to people in game purely because they didn't play the game you wanted them to play it. People with that mentality DESERVE to get banned.

"Why is the community so determined to protect the feelings of someone who ruins other people experiences by being a sub human mong incapable of having enough neurons firing to hold threat, or do damage?" Is something you said earlier. Instead of being polite, you think you should be allowed to say nasty things to other players. Someone isn't fragile or thin-skinned purely because they're not ok with you degrading them in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    No, people don't like others to use homophobic slurs. Is that really that hard?

If you don't like the art style that's fine - it's really not everyones cup of tea, but you can get this message across without stooping to homophobia.
    The guy in the picture was literally a feminine looking man. Don't see the issue as he was wearing a gimp suit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. He said the guy looked like he was getting ready to take a load. That's a blatantly homophobic comments. Also, I'll say again, you only get banned if you're super nasty in your remarks. you're saying you should be allowed to be super nasty to people in game purely because they didn't play the game you wanted them to play it. People with that mentality DESERVE to get banned.

"Why is the community so determined to protect the feelings of someone who ruins other people experiences by being a sub human mong incapable of having enough neurons firing to hold threat, or do damage?" Is something you said earlier. Instead of being polite, you think you should be allowed to say nasty things to other players. Someone isn't fragile or thin-skinned purely because they're not ok with you degrading them in a video game.
    Yes, the guy literally looks like a stereotypical gay man... don't know what to tell you. Stop your cancel culture garbage for people stating facts. Again, are you sure your seriously trying to prove that the ff14 community is not thin skinned? You kinda proving the opposite.

Edit- in fact I do think i should be able to tell them they are shit. They are disrespecting other people, they can also be disrespected.
    Last edited by Caerrona; 2021-06-22 at 09:03 AM.