View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Only 25% of the country thinks Brexit is going well. Even among the Leave voters, only 45% of them think it's going well. Do you hear that @dribbles? That "democratic support" you kept harping on about it drifting away pretty rapidly. And we haven't even begun to feel the really bad impacts of Brexit yet.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics.../06/21/199fd/1

Give it a couple of years and you won't be able to find anyone that owns up to voting for this shit. Even the hardcore racists are going to be ashamed of being associated with it.
    Yeah... Just like how some of the Trumpsters have been retconning their support.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    Only 25% of the country thinks Brexit is going well. Even among the Leave voters, only 45% of them think it's going well. Do you hear that @dribbles? That "democratic support" you kept harping on about it drifting away pretty rapidly. And we haven't even begun to feel the really bad impacts of Brexit yet.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics.../06/21/199fd/1

Give it a couple of years and you won't be able to find anyone that owns up to voting for this shit. Even the hardcore racists are going to be ashamed of being associated with it.
    Just because a random poll says Brexit is not going well does not mean Brexit has lost democratic support. And with 2 sides to the story who is it that UK voters blame for Brexit not going as well as it could be? That is the real question Yougov should have asked.

From the same survey you linked...

Voting Intention: Con 45%, Lab 31% (16 - 17 June)

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...ting_intention

Boris has increasing support from the electorate and it can only be that the UK voters blame someone else for any failings in the ongoing Brexit shenanigans. It must be the EU, the only other party in the proceedings, that is at fault.

It is also quite clear Boris supports Brexit and the people increasingly support Boris ergo more and more people must support Brexit.

Otherwise they would withdraw their votes for him decisively am I right? He is also clearly regarded as current best option for PM , perhaps because he got brexit done, from the yougov polling tracker.

That mandate for a rejoin referendum must seem further away than ever right now and the democratic legitimacy in favour of Brexit is undented.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Just because a random poll says Brexit is not going well does not mean Brexit has lost democratic support. And with 2 sides to the story who is it that UK voters blame for Brexit not going as well as it could be? That is the real question Yougov should have asked.

From the same survey you linked...

Voting Intention: Con 45%, Lab 31% (16 - 17 June)

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...ting_intention

Boris has increasing support from the electorate and it can only be that the UK voters blame someone else for any failings in the ongoing Brexit shenanigans. It must be the EU, the only other party in the proceedings, that is at fault.

It is also quite clear Boris supports Brexit and the people increasingly support Boris ergo more and more people must support Brexit.

Otherwise they would withdraw their votes for him decisively am I right? He is also clearly regarded as current best option for PM , perhaps because he got brexit done, from the yougov polling tracker.

That mandate for a rejoin referendum must seem further away than ever right now and the democratic legitimacy in favour of Brexit is undented.
    Ignoring facts as ever dribbles. Consistant to the last.

Sure, there will be the usual suspects who will believe the lies that the nasty evil EU are to blame for Brexit being a giant fuck up. You've only got to look at the idiots protesting against vaccines in London today to realise that. But they are always going to be in a minority. The bulk of people are going to see what's going to happen over the next couple of years and look for someone to blame.

That's the problem with stirring up a mob to support your cause. Once you've "won" you have two choices, let go of the reigns and let the mob move where it wants, or find a new target for them to direct their hate. Boris won't be able to blame the EU now, because according to him he has "won" our sovereignty back. Saying that the EU is to blame would be admitting that was all a lie. So he'll have to direct the blame elsewhere, because fuck knows that man has never taken responsibility for anything his entire life. Not a job. Not a relationship. Not a child. Who will he pick? The brown people still in the country? The Scots? The poor?

The only thing we know for sure is that poor Boris won't be to blame for anything. Not in his eyes. He'll be off to the next job, probably as a director for one of the companies run by his mates that he's directed billions of pounds of our money towards during this crisis. He won't give a shit that he's fucked the country for decades with his actions. He'll be off shagging the next young blonde and fathering yet more unwanted children.

Ironically, if he were on a council estate you'd be raging against him. But because he went to the right school and spouts occasional Latin you're happy to shove your head so far up his arse you can see the back of his teeth.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Same here, come on Dribbles give us something tangible, not something that makes a good headline in a right wing rag!
    So you have nothing tangible apart from conjecture and wishful thinking! OK thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah... Just like how some of the Trumpsters have been retconning their support.
    Really? Has that happened? I thought they'd hold out for longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because a random (badly phrased) referendum is not showing an outright smackdown of Brexit, doesn't mean Brexit is a smart idea...

I mean, for someone who will take the most ridiculus polls and use them to support Brexit, this is a new low for you, Dribs. You're not even trying to weasle your way out of it properly, you are actually acknowledging defeat. This is new. Keep it up, you'll come around.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Www .
    ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/gdpmonthlyestimateuk/march2021

Overall picture puts the UK in a massive position of strength.

Nothing like the doom, gloom and failures described by project fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Really? Has that happened? I thought they'd hold out for longer.
    Yeah. Can't remember who, but someone was very adamant that they've never supported Trump. And then someone linked an old thread with a poll, on which president they are going to vote for. Trumpster got quiet after that, rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by mortgyes View Post
    Www .
    ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/gdpmonthlyestimateuk/march2021

Overall picture puts the UK in a massive position of strength.

Nothing like the doom, gloom and failures described by project fear.
    1.Main points
    UK gross domestic product (GDP) is estimated to have grown by 2.1% in March 2021, the fastest monthly growth since August 2020, as schools in some parts of the UK reopened throughout the month.

The service sector grew by 1.9% in March 2021, with schools re-opening across England and Wales and retail trade sales continuing to show strength.

Output in the production sector grew by 1.8% in March 2021, as manufacturing grew for a second consecutive month, at 2.1%.

The construction sector grew by 5.8% in March 2021, driven by growth in both new work and repair and maintenance. The growth in construction (and indeed manufacturing) reflect businesses continuing to adapt, including development of COVID-19 secure environments to operate in.

March’s GDP is 5.9% below the levels seen in February 2020, and 1.1% below the initial recovery peak in October 2020.

Latest estimates also show only small revisions to GDP in January (now negative 2.5%, from negative 2.2%) and February (now growth of 0.7%, from 0.4%).
    Did you even bother reading it before posting?

You're talking about a burner that doesn't understand what the words "you're banned" means and still thinks Brexit was a good idea. Bold of you to assume he can read.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

You're talking about a burner that doesn't understand what the words "you're banned" means and still thinks Brexit was a good idea. Bold of you to assume he can read.
    I know, but its fun watching Dribbles flail around!

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah. Can't remember who, but someone was very adamant that they've never supported Trump. And then someone linked an old thread with a poll, on which president they are going to vote for. Trumpster got quiet after that, rofl.
    LOL, that's funny. It's also good to see that some people find their way back to sanity, or at least to a state where they realise what is acceptable and what isn't. I don't care if they believe it or not, but if they stop talking bullshit, they're doing all of us a good service.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

It's actually funny seeing the banned person making burner accounts become more and more deranged as the time went on. First they were "I hate Brexit and Pro Corbyn." then it was "Hate brexit, pro corbyn and anyone in labour that isn't sucking at Corbyn's teet is secretly a brexiteer Tory.". Then it was "EVERYONE NOT CORBYN IS EVIL AND THE JEWS DID IT AND YOU CAN'T PROVE ANY ANTISEMITISM!". To which it slowly since the election the accounts started sliding more and more towards loving Bojo and Brexit to "It's not so bad." to "See it's going well, Boris is doing a good job." to "Haha remainers." trying to out Dribble Dribbles.

Yea.

Can you say "covid recovery".

No economy (except China) has recovered to pre-pandemic levels.

Herp Derp.

Yea.

Can you say "covid recovery".

No economy (except China) has recovered to pre-pandemic levels.

Herp Derp.
    Herp Derp indeed! We know nobody has recovered from Covid yet, any other insightful insights you can help us with apart from Chainah is now fine?

Herp Derp indeed! We know nobody has recovered from Covid yet, any other insightful insights you can help us with apart from Chainah is now fine?
    Yes.

The UK economy grew from 6th largest to 5th largest in the World after Brexit.

So when you normalise the covid data to analyse post Brexit performance, as per my link, the UK is performing exceptionally well.

Project fear, was project lies.

Comprende amigo? Or are you going to herp derp again?

Yes.

So when you normalise the covid data to analyse post Brexit performance, as per my link, the UK is performing exceptionally well.

Up to 5th you say? Very impressive. Just let me check where we were before we voted to leave.....hmm, seems like we were 5th.

So the best Brexit benefit you can come up with is that we've regained the position in the economy ladder that we held before we decided to leave. Very impressive. Not.

Yes.

Hmm? I'm struggling to understand what you are saying, think you had better try to break it down into simpler terms for me, I cant see it myself from the information you have provided, I will tell you the parts I understood please fill in any gap for me: So we were the 5th largest economy, we dropped to 6th, now we are back to 5th, but our GDP has dropped from Feb 2020 to Mar 2021 by 5.9%.

I fail to see any sighs of this amazing performance you seem to be eluding too, only a upturn after coming out of a long lock down, but I'm no expert on the subject.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know, but its fun watching Dribbles flail around!
    No flailing here having just celebrated 5 years since that historic day when the UK voted for freedom and to leave the EU. How did Remain/project fear get it so wrong?

David Cameron's advisor predicting a 10 point win for Rremain. - Wrong.
    Households £4,300 worse off. - Wrong
    Half a million job losses. - Wrong
    An inevitable punishment budget. - Wrong.
    The collapse of the West. - Wrong.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...aged-the-worst

Now that's flailing. Happy 5th birthday Brexit Britain!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

No flailing here having just celebrated 5 years since that historic day when the UK voted for freedom and to leave the EU. How did Remain/project fear get it so wrong?

just looking at the 4,300 claim and it says

by £4,300 in 2030
    Last i checked we're in 2021, acting as if a prediction 9 years into the future is debunked now, is flailing.

You do however get to pay roaming prices, altho that would never happen according to leave right?

Steerpike is The Spectator's gossip columnist, serving up the latest tittle tattle from Westminster and beyond.
    Good job Dribbles, I was about to reply to each point individually but decided I best read all of it first, did you?