Thread: Euro 2020

Page 22 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    England players falling over too easy, Premier League refereeing turned a bunch of players into divers.

England back to stodgy, Czechs could easily take something here if we're not careful

Biggest cheer this second half was for Croatia's second goal
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-06-22 at 08:34 PM.

I mean, a win is a win for England. But damn....

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I mean, a win is a win for England. But damn....
    Zzzzzzz..... Most boring half of the Euro so far. And it started so well. Both coaches probably said to wait for a mistake but otherwise just play passively to save stamina

as a scot im disappointed we didn't, get past the group stages again but at least we got to the last game this time

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    as a scot im disappointed we didn't, get past the group stages again but at least we got to the last game this time
    And hey, you denied England 2 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    So I heard everyone goes crazy about Delta variants. How exactly does this fit into the decision to let 60k visitors into the finals?

Like sometimes I just can't
    It’s easy to manage big individual events. Much less so many small ones.

- - - Updated - - -

And England revert to type for second half.

So I heard everyone goes crazy about Delta variants. How exactly does this fit into the decision to let 60k visitors into the finals?

soon as bojo survived it he stopped giving a fuck

god england are boring. 1-0 wont cut it against teams with 50% possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And hey, you denied England 2 points.
    yeh i liked that but still

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid performance from England, not flashy but effective.

Scotland staying home(ward), tae think again.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account

England looked good in patches and looked far better going forward, I hope Grealish and Saka start the next match and we don't go with 2 holding midfielders again.

Job done for the group stages, but the tournament really starts next Tuesday.

I'm not going to troll Scotland, I still remember what it feels like to be on the receiving end of an on form Modric.
    Last edited by Iliena; 2021-06-22 at 09:32 PM.

The idea of moving the semi's and finals out of the UK was floating around, so Boris opened up more room for viewers, meaning more $$ and a fuller stadium to show as a counter offer to the EUFA.

Most 'strange' decisions can be explained by looking at the $$
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wot the fok sport is political by its nature. you think football is apolitical or something??!?!?!
    I find anyone that claims sport is apolitical is basically someone who is for racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia and it is basically code for "Stop treating my prejudice as baaaaaaaaaaad" stomp feet. Anyone that's known the history of sport has known sport and politics have been going hand in hand since 776 BC (traditional date of the first ancient Olympics and the ancient Olympics were completely political.)

infracted - ignored mod warning
    Last edited by Crissi; 2021-06-23 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I find anyone that claims sport is apolitical is basically someone who is for racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia and it is basically code for "Stop treating my prejudice as baaaaaaaaaaad" stomp feet. Anyone that's known the history of sport has known sport and politics have been going hand in hand since 776 BC (traditional date of the first ancient Olympics and the ancient Olympics were completely political.)
    That is a blatant lie:

"The IOC promotes the concept of the Olympic truce in its charter, a policy which was observed during the ancient Olympics."

But fuck it, maybe you're right and unless we kneel and wear rainbow bands we're all racist homophobes. *thumbsup*

infracted - ignored mod warning

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    That is a blatant lie:

"The IOC promotes the concept of the Olympic truce in its charter, a policy which was observed during the ancient Olympics."

But fuck it, maybe you're right and unless we kneel and wear rainbow bands we're all racist homophobes. *thumbsup*
    Stop being an idiot and carrying water for those who are.

infracted - minor flaming

England looked good in the first half (watched the game with one eye) but the staleness in the second half was poor, but can be explained by having the game in the bag since the Czechs didn't try much.

This England team will have a tough game against the one from group F. But could be a cracker of a game!

Croatia winning against Scotland pretty much means that Finland's chances of progressing is as big as Spurs actually winning something. I have been watching the major tournaments since 2008 but it was amazing to see my home country participate for the first time!

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like we need to put England’s win into context that Czechia were more than happy to get an easier game in the last 16. I’m still not convinced this team are going to change, I don’t think they can. And they will struggle against any of the potential teams in the next round, including Hungary, who look equally as dull and resolved to sitting and defending as we do. That would not be an entertaining match.

In other news, Germany have opted that instead of lighting up the Munich stadium in Rainbow colours, they will light up everything else so. Hah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh for fk sake!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Damn, I'm dying. Poland is back to clowning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol, was in an Overwatch match thinking I can play this and one more game before anything happens.
    Epic, go go Swedes!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.