Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    If the second is the only valuable thing. Almost everyone who did the Night War Ritual in Kalimndor minus two at least.
    And that is valid because Maiev does not say "This killed my cousin" he says "this killed almost everyone who does the ritual."

The original and Tyrande.
    And since Tyrande is ELUNE'S CHOOSE, it sounds like he's going to be able to use ELUNE's POWERS.
    Qadrin's mother and every single night elf before Tyrande were killed by the ritual. Qadrin and Thiernax survived the ritual but were eventually torn apart by the power of Elune. The fact that Tyrande and all the night elves aren't dead is nothing but exceptionally shitty writing on Blizzard's part.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Qadrin's mother and every single night elf before Tyrande were killed by the ritual. Qadrin and Thiernax survived the ritual but were eventually torn apart by the power of Elune. The fact that Tyrande and all the night elves aren't dead is nothing but exceptionally shitty writing on Blizzard's part.
    We have 6 ritual attempts.
    of which 1 went wrong.
    Of which only 2 died by the power of the goddess a.

And does it bother you that "the chosen one of the goddess" is one of those who can use the power of "the goddess?"
    And what other night elves that aren't dead are you talking about? Of those with black eyes who have no reason to lore for them to exist officially said by them?
    (Shadnris and Maiev don't have black eyes and they saw the ritual.)

Do you know why it is a shitty writing?
    because in BFA they didn't say anything about the ritual killing you in the long run and they invented it in SW to be able to say that the Kaldorei "gained something"

We have 6 ritual attempts.
    of which 1 went wrong.
    Of which only 2 died by the power of the goddess a.

And does it bother you that "the chosen one of the goddess" is one of those who can use the power of "the goddess?"
    And what other night elves that aren't dead are you talking about? Of those with black eyes who have no reason to lore for them to exist officially said by them?
    (Shadnris and Maiev don't have black eyes and they saw the ritual.)

Do you know why it is a shitty writing?
    because in BFA they didn't say anything about the ritual killing you in the long run and they invented it in SW to be able to say that the Kaldorei "gained something"
    Where the actual fuck are you getting this information? We do NOT have a concrete number of how many rituals have been attempted. It doesn't fucking matter if she's the "chosen of the goddes". She's still mortal. She should still get ripped apart by the power. All of the night elves involved should be dead because that was the precedent set in the lore. The fact that they aren't is 100% shitty and inconsistent writing on Blizzard's part. Which is a running theme for BfA and Shadowlands. The ritual/power being deadly was set in the lore when it was introduced in BfA. Thank you for showing you don't actually read the lore.

Where the actual fuck are you getting this information? We do NOT have a concrete number of how many rituals have been attempted. It doesn't fucking matter if she's the "chosen of the goddes". She's still mortal. She should still get ripped apart by the power. All of the night elves involved should be dead because that was the precedent set in the lore. The fact that they aren't is 100% shitty and inconsistent writing on Blizzard's part. Which is a running theme for BfA and Shadowlands. The ritual/power being deadly was set in the lore when it was introduced in BfA. Thank you for showing you don't actually read the lore.
    You are the one who does not read it.
    The pre-established thing is that the weak have to die but that a mortal can achieve it. And Tyrande perfectly adheres to that rule.

Then in SW they tell us that 2 out of 3 Night Wars died for power. I mean, it's not 100%, it's only 66% and once again we have CHCOCEN OF ELUNE.

Apart from that we have everything we know about the Ritual in BFA.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/In_Darkest_Night
    "Maiev Shadowsong says: Legend says that long ago, Elune bestowed her fury upon our greatest warriors to secure Kalimdor.
    Maiev Shadowsong says: In a sacred ritual, the strongest among them became her avatar of her - the Night Warrior. Our victory was swift.
    Maiev Shadowsong says: None who have attempted the ritual since then have survived. Elune's raw power tears them apart. "

They make it clear to us that it is a possible but difficult ritual and it does not say anything that you are going to die later because of the powers that be.

Then in SW they tell us that one who did the Ritual died because of the powers. But not that EVERYONE who does the ritual dies for the powers.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-23 at 03:31 AM.

You are the one who does not read it.
    The pre-established thing is that the weak have to die but that a mortal can achieve it. And Tyrande perfectly adheres to that rule.

Then in SW they tell us that 2 out of 3 Night Wars died for power. I mean, it's not 100%, it's only 66% and once again we have CHCOCEN OF ELUNE.

Apart from that we have everything we know about the Ritual in BFA.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/In_Darkest_Night
    "Maiev Shadowsong says: Legend says that long ago, Elune bestowed her fury upon our greatest warriors to secure Kalimdor.
    Maiev Shadowsong says: In a sacred ritual, the strongest among them became her avatar of her - the Night Warrior. Our victory was swift.
    Maiev Shadowsong says: None who have attempted the ritual since then have survived. Elune's raw power tears them apart. "

They make it clear to us that it is a possible but difficult ritual and it does not say anything that you are going to die later because of the powers that be.

Then in SW they tell us that one who did the Ritual died because of the powers. But not that EVERYONE who does the ritual dies for the powers.
    You are literally making up headcanons now, holy fucking shit. There are numerous things that contradict what Maiev said but since you're insisting on reading your own headcanons, there's really no point in me explaining this to you. Regardless of what mental gymnastics you continue to use, the writing is shit. I literally copy and pasted examples in the lore that prove the power of the Night Warrior has always killed the wielder. But you just ignore that instead of admitting you're wrong.

You are literally making up headcanons now, holy fucking shit. There are numerous things that contradict what Maiev said but since you're insisting on reading your own headcanons, there's really no point in me explaining this to you. Regardless of what mental gymnastics you continue to use, the writing is shit. I literally copy and pasted examples in the lore that prove the power of the Night Warrior has always killed the wielder. But you just ignore that instead of admitting you're wrong.
    In other words, I already mentioned an example where the Night Warrior did not kill the bearer and insists that it killed all its bearers. I even put the link from your source.

Then I tell you what Maiev says in BFA and you say that it contradicts the Night warrior.

So you decide which part of the cannon is cannon and which part is not?

PS: You still haven't said anything that says that the Nocturne warrior kills for the powers after the ritual.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-23 at 04:00 AM.

@geco You're accused of headcanon even with providing sources. Next up, you get accused of bias.

You're trying to debate lore. He's trying to justify wanting an Alliance character dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

In other words, I already mentioned an example where the Night Warrior did not kill the bearer and insists that it killed all its bearers. I even put the link from your source.

Then I tell you what Maiev says in BFA and you say that it contradicts the Night warrior.

So you decide which part of the cannon is cannon and which part is not?

PS: You still haven't said anything that says that the Nocturne warrior kills for the powers after the ritual.
    No you didn't. Tyrande is the first person to not get killed by the power of the Night Warrior. I've supplied a source that backs that up and you blatantly either ignored it or skimmed it then posted nonsense. Maiev speaks of a legend she heard. Yet there is lore that Blizzard introduced that directly contradicts her comment.

"Qadarin's mother attempted to become the Night Warrior to stop it, but the power killed her. Thiernax underwent the ritual as well and managed to obtain the power to defeat the Old God. However, the power of the Night Warrior was destroying him, so he shared some of his power with Qadarin. This still wasn't enough to contain Elune's power, and they died, having saved their world." FUCKING READ THIS TIME. Holy fucking shit. It literally says the power tore them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    @geco You're accused of headcanon even with providing sources. Next up, you get accused of bias.

You're trying to debate lore. He's trying to justify wanting an Alliance character dead.
    The issue is that if you let him speak only others will believe him and the circle starts again XD

No you didn't. Tyrande is the first person to not get killed by the power of the Night Warrior. I've supplied a source that backs that up and you blatantly either ignored it or skimmed it then posted nonsense. Maiev speaks of a legend she heard. Yet there is lore that Blizzard introduced that directly contradicts her comment.

"Qadarin's mother attempted to become the Night Warrior to stop it, but the power killed her. Thiernax underwent the ritual as well and managed to obtain the power to defeat the Old God. However, the power of the Night Warrior was destroying him, so he shared some of his power with Qadarin. This still wasn't enough to contain Elune's power, and they died, having saved their world." FUCKING READ THIS TIME. Holy fucking shit. It literally says the power tore them apart.
    and again.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Rituals_of_Night

"Gossip Er, yes.

After I was granted Elune's dark gift, I fed my rage with my losses and then with my victories. I protected my people. I killed the ones who harmed us. Then their allies. Then ones who hadn't stopped our enemies, or who stood by. Then the ones I thought hadn't acted quickly enough. And so on...
    I erased whole societies from the world, and left nothing but ruins in my wake. After all, if nothing was left to harm us, we couldn't be hurt.
    Gossip <Continue listening.>

In the end, the only thing left that threatened my people, was me.
    I was killed by a friend who too wished to protect our people.
    Only in Revendreth after much... contemplation, did I come to understand the depth of my wrath and the gravity of my sins. I learned from my experience how to help others with others with their own."

The Stonewright it is the first night war that does not die for power (or maybe there it does not mark it as important either).

The only thing Tyrande has in particular is that it is the Night War that can't do anything.
    Without counting the absurdity is that it is to think that he has a ritual that never worked and that by chance is the Ritual of the Night Warrior.
    I mean Tyrande invented the Ritual at the time and hit it right? She is a genius.

I think it's more logical to think that what Maiev says is true and there was a Night Worrior before.

The issue is that if you let him speak only others will believe him and the circle starts again XD

and again.

Without counting the absurdity is that it is to think that he has a ritual that never worked and that by chance is the Ritual of the Night Warrior.
    I mean Tyrande invented the Ritual at the time and hit it right? She is a genius.

I think it's more logical to think that what Maiev says is true and there was a Night Worrior before.
    So in other words you will continue to not read the entire thing to avoid admitting you're wrong.

So in other words you will continue to not read the entire thing to avoid admitting you're wrong.
    If I read you. The servants died from being unable to contain the Power of Elune.
    Not all Night warriors. It only says that deer died.

Now read why Lady Moonberry did not die for the Powers.
    my bad
    Now read why The Stonewright did not die for the Powers.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-23 at 04:56 AM.

If I read you. The servants died from being unable to contain the Power of Elune.
    Not all Night warriors. It only says that deer died.

Now read why Lady Moonberry did not die for the Powers.
    THAT IS NOT WHAT IT FUCKING SAYS. Holy fucking shit, dude. Lady Moonberry isn't a fucking Night Warrior. And now you're literally making shit up instead of admitting you're wrong. I've posted what the actual information says THREE TIMES. Stop responding to me if you're not going to read what I've been posting and plan on continuing to spout nonsense like your "It only says that deer died" comment. I don't even know what you were trying to say with that comment.

THAT IS NOT WHAT IT FUCKING SAYS. Holy fucking shit, dude. Lady Moonberry isn't a fucking Night Warrior. And now you're literally making shit up instead of admitting you're wrong. I've posted what the actual information says THREE TIMES. Stop responding to me if you're not going to read what I've been posting and plan on continuing to spout nonsense like your "It only says that deer died" comment. I don't even know what you were trying to say with that comment.
    You are right, my mistake is not Lady Moonberry, it is The Stonewright who does not die.

Enter your own Link and read "Known Night Warriors"
    And then try again to read what I wrote to you. It is not so difficult and there is the Quote:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Rituals_of_Night

"Gossip Er, yes.

After I was granted Elune's dark gift, I fed my rage with my losses and then with my victories. I protected my people. I killed the ones who harmed us. Then their allies. Then ones who hadn't stopped our enemies, or who stood by. Then the ones I thought hadn't acted quickly enough. And so on...
    I erased whole societies from the world, and left nothing but ruins in my wake. After all, if nothing was left to harm us, we couldn't be hurt.
    Gossip <Continue listening.>

In the end, the only thing left that threatened my people, was me.
    I was killed by a friend who too wished to protect our people.
    Only in Revendreth after much... contemplation, did I come to understand the depth of my wrath and the gravity of my sins. I learned from my experience how to help others with others with their own."

You are right, my mistake is not Lady Moonberry, it is The Stonewright who does not die.

Enter your own Link and read "Known Night Warriors"

And then try again to read what I wrote to you. It is not so difficult and there is the Quote:
    Using the Stonewright as your example literally further proves my point that Blizzard has shitty and inconsistent writing. The lore of the Stonewright AGGRESSIVELY contradicts the established lore of the Night Warrior from BfA. So thank you for helping to prove my point that the story direction of Shadowlands is absolute fucking garbage.

Welcome to the Horde forum. Sorry, Lore forum!

You'll find that certain talking points get brought up again and again, no matter how many times they are debunked, no matter how repulsive they are (a favorite being "Victims are responsible for their would be murderers' crimes"). You will not convince people who think like that.

The only real option is to determine who's actually interested in the stories and talk with them. As an example, it's no secret that I'm pro-Alliance and @Super Dickmann is pro-Horde, yet we have agreed on some things, disagreed on others, but it has always been civil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Because Blizz would have two separated strokes if she harmed any Horde or successfully defied humans in the Alliance.
    Pretty much this. The Horde can massacre all they like, say "Whoops, our bad!", and all is well. If Alliance actually strikes back, it's an unspeakable crime against the universe and the perpetrator WILL either die for it or be neutered/lobotomized into defending the Horde.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2021-06-23 at 05:10 AM.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

You'll find that certain talking points get brought up again and again, no matter how many times they are debunked, no matter how repulsive they are (a favorite being "Victims are responsible for their would be murderers' crimes"). You will not convince people who think like that.

The only real option is to determine who's actually interested in the stories and talk with them. As an example, it's no secret that I'm pro-Alliance and @Super Dickmann is pro-Horde, yet we have agreed on some things, disagreed on others, but it has always been civil.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this. The Horde can massacre all they like, say "Whoops, our bad!", and all is well. If Alliance actually strikes back, it's an unspeakable crime against the universe and the perpetrator WILL either die for it or be neutered/lobotomized into defending the Horde.
    Interesting thing is how some people say that "Blizzard are a big company and cant be motivated by things as petty as their personal biases, prejudice or some inner "culture" or "habit".

Best part? They absolutely-dabsolutely can. Considering how plenty of them are SJW and also many of them are "jock bros" (wannabe though, the physical shape is lacking severely) they can, will and DEFINITELY going to use most petty, pathetic and selfish reasons to drastically alter lore.

Like Danuser and his simping or Golden and her desire to 1) promote "feminism" and 2) write a moralizing story for her kid (who i bet mains the horde and never even played Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

The irony of you saying that about Horde fans when the Alliance fans will literally justify war crimes committed by Alliance lore characters lmao

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Interesting thing is how some people say that "Blizzard are a big company and cant be motivated by things as petty as their personal biases, prejudice or some inner "culture" or "habit".

Best part? They absolutely-dabsolutely can. Considering how plenty of them are SJW and also many of them are "jock bros" (wannabe though, the physical shape is lacking severely) they can, will and DEFINITELY going to use most petty, pathetic and selfish reasons to drastically alter lore.

Like Danuser and his simping or Golden and her desire to 1) promote "feminism" and 2) write a moralizing story for her kid (who i bet mains the horde and never even played Alliance.
    Of course they have, do, and will continue to push their personal agendas. It's patently absurd and willfully ignorant of reality to claim otherwise, even back in the Metzen days.

The irony of you saying that about Horde fans when the Alliance fans will literally justify war crimes committed by Alliance lore characters lmao
    Please, do go on about war crimes.

Last edited by Feanoro; 2021-06-23 at 06:01 AM.

Of course they have, do, and will continue to push their personal agendas. It's patently absurd and willfully ignorant of reality to claim otherwise, even back in the Metzen days.

If you want to go on and on about how the Alliance is innocent no matter what heinous things they do, make a different thread and stop derailing this one.

Metzen was also biased but he at least had that "better keep both factions somewhat happy" mentality even though he loved horde more. At least he tried to.