Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If you want to go on and on about how the Alliance is innocent no matter what heinous things they do, make a different thread and stop derailing this one.
    @geco, another technique demonstrated here, putting words in others' mouths.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Metzen was also biased but he at least had that "better keep both factions somewhat happy" mentality even though he loved horde more. At least he tried to.
    He knew it was better for business, if nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Get on topic. There is no need for the same nonsense to derail every thread.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Using the Stonewright as your example literally further proves my point that Blizzard has shitty and inconsistent writing. The lore of the Stonewright AGGRESSIVELY contradicts the established lore of the Night Warrior from BfA. So thank you for helping to prove my point that the story direction of Shadowlands is absolute fucking garbage.
    So according to your logic. What you plant SW and the deer. AGGRESSIVELY contradicts Maiev and BF. The contradiction of the contradiction. So the SW Lore was already absolute garbage for saying that the Night Warrior is deadly for the user after the ritual.

Also according to your logic Tyrande would have to be at the level of being able to fight against ancient gods and can not against Nathanos. So you would also have to be very angry that Tyrande did not kick the ass of the entire Horde from Dark Shore to Ogrimar.
    --------------------------

But back your logic is still wrong because what it says is that he died and that mortals do not have to have that power. It does not say at any time that everyone who used that power died for power.

Is it a shitty lore? yes but not because it contradicts that he is mortal or not. It is because he does not say anything to you, he tells you everything in a low way, besides that everything they say does not apply to Tyrande.

Why do they suddenly say that the Night War is a doomed death yes or yes? Because they had to make an excuse to say that the Kaldorei achieved something in SW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Using the Stonewright as your example literally further proves my point that Blizzard has shitty and inconsistent writing. The lore of the Stonewright AGGRESSIVELY contradicts the established lore of the Night Warrior from BfA. So thank you for helping to prove my point that the story direction of Shadowlands is absolute fucking garbage.
    This type of construction is an example of begging the question because its premise assumes the truth of its conclusion, as opposed to supporting its conclusion. The Stonewright's example goes to show that the lifespan of a Night Warrior is variable, that while the usual outcome is death as the power consumes a given Night Warrior it is not necessarily a given. Basically, based on what we know, you've got about a ~16% of surviving (or at least surviving for an extended time).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I wonder where Malfurion is in all of this. He's nowhere to be seen as the nelf leader in SL OR BfA, nor anywhere else in the game.

I cannot imagine he would abandon Tyrande and leave her to be consumed by the night warrior.

Blizz still has a hate boner for nelves, nelf fans and Tyrande in particular.

And yes, she should have gotten the Sylvanas kill. After three years, nelf fans still have no pay off for Teldrassil.
    Agreed. I'd like to add, there is still no sign of a new city getting formed anew and even missing an existing city's transition phase as the new capital city.

5+ Year Old Account
    The fact that she did next to nothing is an even BIGGER reason that she should have died. Because all other examples of Night Warriors used their power at some point. The fact that Tyrande just gets to wander around with an obscene amount of energy in her body while barely expending any of it is utterly asinine. The power absolutely should have ripped her apart by now.
    That isn't how the story goes with Alliance (or quasi-Alliance) characters. They maybe dripping with Void/Fel/other random dangerous magic, yet nothing ever happens to them. On the other hand, when it's a Horde character, we have e.g. Garrosh going batshit crazy after having barely sniffed some void-infested shinies from Pandaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Garrosh going batshit crazy after having barely sniffed some void-infested shinies from Pandaria.
    An Old God's heart is "shinies from Pandaria"? And this is "barely sniffed"?

The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    An Old God's heart is "shinies from Pandaria"? And this is "barely sniffed"?
    The heart of Y'Sharaj only comes into play after the loot from Pandaria is stored in the Underhold. So yes, some lil' void things slipped into Garry's stronghold, and he instantly started to go over the rainbow crazy. On the other hand, we have Alleria, who ate an entire Dark Naaru as it he/she/it (do Naarus have a gender, anyway?) was a bacon sandwich.

The heart of Y'Sharaj only comes into play after the loot from Pandaria is stored in the Underhold.
    The heart was active at least from the patch trailer, before everything was shipped off.

So yes, some lil' void things slipped into Garry's stronghold, and he instantly started to go over the rainbow crazy.
    He was already half nuts without Old God help, but more seriously he was supposedly more susceptible.

On the other hand, we have Alleria, who ate an entire Dark Naaru as it he/she/it (do Naarus have a gender, anyway?) was a bacon sandwich.
    Oh but discipline/training/yada yada.... Yeah, don't expect me to excuse that, let alone how it was just a single player quest. It should have been a raid encounter, but that would involve effort around an Alliance character, so it's just a throwaway. Tyrande is a case of tossing NElf fans a bone and pretending the Horde was actually going to face consequences for once, then doing nothing with it. She survives just so there's no new cause for complaint.

5+ Year Old Account
    The heart was active at least from the patch trailer, before everything was shipped off.

He was already half nuts without Old God help, but more seriously he was supposedly more susceptible.

Oh but discipline/training/yada yada.... Yeah, don't expect me to excuse that, let alone how it was just a single player quest. It should have been a raid encounter, but that would involve effort around an Alliance character, so it's just a throwaway. Tyrande is a case of tossing NElf fans a bone and pretending the Horde was actually going to face consequences for once, then doing nothing with it. She survives just so there's no new cause for complaint.
    The heart was active, but it was out of reach for Garry until (relatively) much later. As a matter of fact, Garry only bothered with visiting Pandaria (where he actually got the heart) after getting a taste of void juice in his private warehouse. Surely he was more susceptible than Alleria, but it doesn't change the fact that Ally figures stay alive, while Horde ones are thrown away left and right. Just look at the respective leaderships: the only OG leaders left in the Horde are Thrall and Bob, while the Alliance gets to keep its WC2 cast intact except Varian, who not only was a newcomer anyway, but also got to have a glorious death - quite unlike anyone in the Horde.

The heart was active, but it was out of reach for Garry until (relatively) much later. As a matter of fact, Garry only bothered with visiting Pandaria (where he actually got the heart) after getting a taste of void juice in his private warehouse. Surely he was more susceptible than Alleria, but it doesn't change the fact that Ally figures stay alive, while Horde ones are thrown away left and right. Just look at the respective leaderships: the only OG leaders left in the Horde are Thrall and Bob, while the Alliance gets to keep its WC2 cast intact except Varian, who not only was a newcomer anyway, but also got to have a glorious death - quite unlike anyone in the Horde.
    In short WoW needs.
    Stop killing Hordes. (and basically dedicate one expansion after another to just create characters for The Horde)
    Begin to Let the Pj Alliance have a real development beyond being Anduin's slaves.

Killing Alliance cast members means actually writing them.

Varian got a glorious death because it was a nod to Metzen leaving, but he wouldn't allow self-insert Thrall to die. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that was written into the terms of his retirement.

You won't hear me defending it, Hordies lose a character, Alliance loses a city. Meanwhile, Alliance characters no longer carry the Idiot Ball, they have each absorbed one, leading to forget that the Horde wants them dead, they have powers, and a damn fool naive soyboy teenager isn't a good leader.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Like Danuser and his simping or Golden and her desire to 1) promote "feminism" and 2) write a moralizing story for her kid (who i bet mains the horde and never even played Alliance.
    my friend, future is female https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ing-the-future

screw consistency, this is more important
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    my friend, future is female https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ing-the-future

screw consistency, this is more important
    Just think, there are people in these forums who deny with straight faces that Blizz pushes political agendas.

Just think, there are people in these forums who deny with straight faces that Blizz pushes political agendas.
    haha true xd

but I'll not go further into that discussion because I don't want to derail the thread.

I was just surprised by this article that I couldn't resist the urge to post it

there is another one on twitter, liked and recommended by Golden but I won't post that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

It's that blizzard believes it drives the political agenda.

But BFA the plot of him speaks about the opposite. To the point that if I give you the amount of messages of racism and machismo that the recent lore of WoW has. they censor me on the forum.

But let's say that Tyrande night war is just for you to watch her not so she has a story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande survives because the WQ acts as her deus ex machina.
    Qadarins ritual isn't working, she starts absorbing even more power, after which Lady Moonberry calls the WQ who then casts her magic and then we get the cinematic.

Its made very clear what's happening in the quest, idk why some people are so caught up on it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Varian got a glorious death because it was a nod to Metzen leaving, but he wouldn't allow self-insert Thrall to die. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that was written into the terms of his retirement.
    I am sure he regrets it now that he is forced to voice impotent version of himself.

Now that I think about it.
    Thrall appears on BFA because SOS we need Metzen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Tyrande survives because the WQ acts as her deus ex machina.
    Qadarins ritual isn't working, she starts absorbing even more power, after which Lady Moonberry calls the WQ who then casts her magic and then we get the cinematic.

Its made very clear what's happening in the quest, idk why some people are so caught up on it.
    Because the shadow of Teldrassil is eternal and we all have faith that with Tyrande we can close that issue. But not.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-23 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is also not about greater or real-world identity politics, either. Pivot back to the thread's actual subject.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead