Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    No, they will definetly not. Classic was barely held alive or was even dead on the medium and lower server very fast after every patch cycle, BC is nothing different.
    As I mentioned above, I am already back at logging in for raids and that's it. And the biggest problem right now is, that all possible raid content is done in maximum 4 hours.
    You barely have anything to do if you are not on the slow side of the playerbase, they need to keep the patch cycle fast for the content Classic can deliver.
    People will always want to play the newedt thing, When wotlk comes TBC will be abandoned, So i’m Ok with them waiting a long time for wotlk classic.

There is no need to speed through something we’ve waited so long to get.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

If you don't do pvp why would you envy a raid logger or someone who is farming gold so he can raid log for longer?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah, pretty much why i ditched classic, recently, easy to fall behind and then you just stay behind.
    you do one raid where you get no gear and other people get tons cause of shitty loot rules.
    then next week it happens again.
    then the week after that you get sat cause you are the lowest geared.
    and then you are butt fucked all cause gear was not evenly distributed, and so well yeah, your fucked.

Part of a raid team, but we are doing "sign up" rosters as people level, so do a few raids the first 2 weeks, get all of 1 peice of gear while others get upwards of 7-8 simply because we are rolling gear off. then the guild makes a minor stupid descision of for the last 5 minutes of raid for the week, to try to progress on nightbane when hes 1 shotting our tank every pull, instead of going back and killing the servants qaurters boss and get some free potentially BIS loot.
    i asked them if we should do that, they said no, after raid i asked them why, they said "we want 10/10" and then a couple hours later they kick me after months of prep.
    fuck that guild, and fuck trying to find another classic guild this late into the "recruitment phase" and with only 1 peice of raid gear.
    and man i went hardcore on classic like legit, i have done every single quest in TBC classic available, including those for the eye and black temple attunements, the only quest i have left is the serpentshrine attunement, but that needs me to kill maghtoridan now.

so i quit classic, atleast with retail i can go at my own pace, and if i fall behind i can work to catch up instead of having to rely on a bunch of people to not be cunts.
    You don't need a single T4 piece to just oneshot every T4 Boss, hell, we didn't even need full pre raid bis gear and on retail we are just a ordinary aotc guild.

So how can you fall behind? Especially if you play a warlock i assume? Like i'm sorry for your experience but that was just the guild, the content is too easy to somehow fall behind.

A lot of players have this mentality of front loading as much as possible to get an edge thing. My friends call it rushing to not have to play the game anymore. I do believe it revolves around a few community perspectives that are true but not as hardcore as perceived. So sure, you can get to far behind and it makes it more difficult to find certain groups. However more difficult isn't impossible or even improbable after this point of "no return" in my opinion. It will just probably be a hair slower and obviously as someone that took thier time it probably shouldn't be a huge problem to you for things to be a hair slower.

Plenty of people will be rerolling, leveling alts, taking thier time, or doing various past activities to go around and complete what you need. A lot of this gogogo pressure isn't made up by peoples headspace but it's certainly magnified by it.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I'll never understand why people keep treating WoW like it's some kind of competitive race to "beat the game" as fast as possible.

It's not retail, it's not designed to be rushed through and cleared asap, it's designed to be a slow and steady journey. Stop treating it like a speedrun.
    Stop telling other people how to play the game. The problem arent people "speedrunning", the problem are people like you.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's almost like the game didn't change (except for minor alterations) but the players did....hmm
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

You don't understand what I said, they simply have to rush through classic content. We are in week 3 of the raids and the content is already obsolete.
    That's why your concern might be right that you could fall behind if you are a slower player. Yet I don't think that you will never be able to find people with the same speed. (If you are on the right server, the big ones, the smalland medium ones are usual ghosttowns pretty fast anyway)
    It's only obsolete for people who rushed it through. Most people playing are probably not even max level yet.

everyone has the same task of farming karazhan for gear and how long that takes is entirely dependant on what drops.

as an example, I can't replace 6 pieces of warrior t3 individually, I have to farm karazhan now until I can replace all 6 pieces at the same time. if I replace one piece of t3 even with another piece of gear that has better stats more armor, I automatically lose 5% hit on my abilities. so I'm not done with t4, i've only just begun replacing t3 and the hit bonus I get from it. it could take me months of raids to get all the pieces i need to transition out of that 6pt set bonus. i have no control over what drops how long it takes is anyone's guess.

classic isn't obsolete, not all of it, I still farm holy water from stratholm, its pretty useful in karazhan when you're a warrior without consecrate. the dark runes from scholo are still used by healers. the mana oils from zg rep are better than the mana oils you can make in BC. enchanters still have to make arcanite rods to make fel iron rods, which means you need arcane crystals being farmed. there is a fair amount of cross over, mostly with enchanting I think but some other things remained relevant or useful. you can still make a lot of gold from the shit that drops in classic. you need mats to level new professions.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-22 at 12:39 PM.

Let's say it is not obsolete for people that don't play ineffective. I have not rushed it and yet I don't have a single need to do something beside investing 4 hours into raids each week. But you know, we are different players then. But why do you care about my equip and are concerned about it then like OP?
    Players like me are simply not "Casual" (even though I play BC absolutely casual) and simply faceroll through the delivered content. And fact is, people like me probably don't want to play with people not being able to do that anyway, right?
    I don't care about you or your equipment. I was just stating a fact. Most people don't clear all content in 3 weeks, let alone 3 months. I didn't even start TBC, because I knew that it would take months to get anywhere with the amount of time I have to play (maybe 10-15h a week max, which would be split with retail).

How many hours did you commit "casually" in the last 3 weeks to get to where you one shot all raids and just raid log until t5?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    classic isn't obsolete, not all of it, I still farm holy water from stratholm, its pretty useful in karazhan when you're a warrior without consecrate. the dark runes from scholo are still used by healers. the mana oils from zg rep are better than the mana oils you can make in BC. enchanters still have to make arcanite rods to make fel iron rods, which means you need arcane crystals being farmed. there is a fair amount of cross over, mostly with enchanting I think but some other things remained relevant or useful. you can still make a lot of gold from the shit that drops in classic. you need mats to level new professions.

This is a HUGE reason why TBC was my favorite xpac.

I loved vanilla wow and imo, tbc made it better without making the old world obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    A lot of players have this mentality of front loading as much as possible to get an edge thing. My friends call it rushing to not have to play the game anymore...
    Plenty of people will be rerolling, leveling alts, taking thier time, or doing various past activities to go around and complete what you need. A lot of this gogogo pressure isn't made up by peoples headspace but it's certainly magnified by it.
    This is true and I think its a big part of the secret to happiness in the game these days. Run your own course (even if it means going slower), and dont let people pressure you into feeling rushed. In classic, people were running alts in every phase! shit didnt matter at all. if you play regularly, shouldn't be a problem. Worst case scenario, you can change your friend group, but in my experience, most adults are pretty understanding about life/game balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Law View Post
    This is a HUGE reason why TBC was my favorite xpac.

I loved vanilla wow and imo, tbc made it better without making the old world obsolete.
    wrath wasn't that bad either, t6 lasted me until I could replace it with t7, with the enchants and stuff I kept 4pt of t6 all the way to naxx 25. it was fine for t7, in the same way that t3 is for t4.

wrath felt more rounded with inscription then you had two professions that each consumed ores and herbs respectively, inscription ended up being what jewel crafting was to mining but for herbalism, balancing the two out more. classes also felt like they reached their peak in wrath with each spec kinda reaching a finished point. i remember thinking that disc stood out more from holy in wrath than it did prior to it (since i played a priest). with the addition of penance and divine aegis, I think priests reached their peak in wrath.

I actually just want wrath so we can have vellums for transferring enchants. its such a pain in the ass to level up an enchanting alt and not be able to enchant any of your own gear.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-22 at 08:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    You don't need a single T4 piece to just oneshot every T4 Boss, hell, we didn't even need full pre raid bis gear and on retail we are just a ordinary aotc guild.

So how can you fall behind? Especially if you play a warlock i assume? Like i'm sorry for your experience but that was just the guild, the content is too easy to somehow fall behind.
    Yes you can oneshot them, but guilds will still take people with far better guild cause everyone is "SPEED SPEED SPEED, WE NEED 10/10 WEEK ONE, WE NEED EVERYTHING DOWN IN LESS THEN 2 HOURS, EVERYTHING LETS GO!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Sounds like you are/were part of a guild you do not fit at all.
    You seems to blame game instead the people you joined.
    I guess its more the players then the game, as its "Players will quickly abandon you if you fall behind" but atleast with live you can somewhat control that on your own, with classic you could do literally everything in your power and still get left behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    You sure?

I thought they would release all patches within 12 months then move onto Wotlk.

Or do you think they will keep a 6 months between patches like on retail?
    they will do the same they did with vanilla, release all the content over 2 years, to somewhat mirror how it was originally.
    wotlk wont be out for 2 years. so well into 10.1 maybe 10.2
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yes you can oneshot them, but guilds will still take people with far better guild cause everyone is "SPEED SPEED SPEED, WE NEED 10/10 WEEK ONE, WE NEED EVERYTHING DOWN IN LESS THEN 2 HOURS, EVERYTHING LETS GO!"
    Aren't you lumping people together a bit much? My experience somehow vastly differs from yours (and is obviously also as representative = 0).

Maybe this:
    and man i went hardcore on classic like legit, i have done every single quest in TBC classic available, including those for the eye and black temple attunements, the only quest i have left is the serpentshrine attunement, but that needs me to kill maghtoridan now.
    also kinda exactly brought you to these people, i'd bet that guilds that just start kara now as for examples our 2nd kara group that just got to 70 this week will be a lot more level headed and chill.

No, they will definetly not. Classic was barely held alive or was even dead on the medium and lower server very fast after every patch cycle, BC is nothing different.
    As I mentioned above, I am already back at logging in for raids and that's it. And the biggest problem right now is, that all possible raid content is done in maximum 4 hours.
    You barely have anything to do if you are not on the slow side of the playerbase, they need to keep the patch cycle fast for the content Classic can deliver.
    they need to keep the patch cycle fast for the people who chose to speed run and now raid log just a month in? really? Why?

Unfortunately the "hurry up and then complain there is nothing to do" playstyle is the way mmos will be forevermore. Being that I was not lvl 70 wearing pre raid bis in the first 48 hours of tbc release, it is a challenge to fill groups for kara attunement. I can still have some degree of fun, but the opening of the dark portal is the only time I was/will be on even footing.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

Sorry for "Blog" post as some might call it, Please do skip it if these sort of threads annoy or "Offend" you in some way.

I want to play TBC, I want to Enjoy TBC.

But for some reason seeing all the 280% mounts and full BiS geared (Mages who already have all the tailoring pieces)

Just makes me feel stressed out and "Behind", like "What's the point?" "I'm never going to be good enough, since i'm so slow"

But I don't know why i feel like this, I did not feel like this at the start of 2019 Classic or back in Original TBC.
    Eh... I just hit 35 on my character so at least you are ahead of me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Stop telling other people how to play the game. The problem arent people "speedrunning", the problem are people like you.
    "no u!"

very compelling post

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "no u!"

very compelling post
    Lol he right tho. You don't have to like speed running, but a lot of ppl do. You telling people explicitly not to speed run, is much worse than ppl choosing to speed run.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of doing things as efficiently as possible. Nothing is really hard in tbc so to spice it up, me and many others try to do everything fast. Its more fun for us, plus for those with limited play time, it allows us to actually reach our goals.

Wait I'm confused. Wasnt it the retail mentality with "GOGO AOTC WEEK ONE OR GTFO" and Classic mentality was "clear at your own pace and enjoy the Journey"?