Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up PSA: The "Attune" addon for BC Classic is godsend

Just a PSA to those who may not know.

If you are playing BC Classic and intend to (or simply just want to eventually) play the end game, including the raids and heroic dungeons, there is an addon called "Attune" that makes it very easy to figure out how to attune for that content.

I spent the entirety of TBC leveling a new character (blood elf) and I never got to experience max level content back in 2007-2008 so I wasn't aware of the exact path(s) to attune for the various dungeons and raids.

Example of how the addon UI looks:

'

It's extremely easy to navigate. All you do is click on the dungeon/raid on the left panel and it brings up the things you need to do (in order) on the right hand side.

If you have completion towards that specific attunement already that you didn't even know you had, the boxes will be marked green and you can just jump to the next box to follow the path.

Hopefully those who were having some trouble figuring out what to do next will have a better experience with this.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-06-22 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, I'll definitely give it a shot later!

Yes, agree, it is a godsend!

Addons are for noobs who want to make the game easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    So take the difficulty of tbcc down from 3rd grade to kindergarten?

Addons are for people who want to perform better.

If you're happy not performing as well as people who use addons, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    So take the difficulty of tbcc down from 3rd grade to kindergarten?
    Na, not pre school like retail that basically presses all the buttons and highlights them for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The default WoW UI is just not able to do commonplace things properly. For example, coordinating pally buffs in a 25man raid. Noobs are often the pallies who not only are missing the addon but have never bought symbols before.

Addons can go too far in simplifying the game, but in the case of attunements, classic doesn't have the dungeon journal to get people started. You kind of just "have to know" that the attunement exists.

10+ Year Old Account

Obligatory "ouch don't cut yourself on that edge" comment

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Na, not pre school like retail that basically presses all the buttons and highlights them for you.
    How's that shadowbolt spam going?

10+ Year Old Account

You really don't paint Classic players and the "actions per second" difference between retail and Classic in a good light.

Astonishing how disingenuous you can be to imply that retail class rotations are in any way simpler than TBC's design.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Just a PSA to those who may not know.

If you are playing BC Classic and intend to (or simply just want to eventually) play the end game, including the raids and heroic dungeons, there is an addon called "Attune" that makes it very easy to figure out how to attune for that content.

I spent the entirety of TBC leveling a new character (blood elf) and I never got to experience max level content back in 2007-2008 so I wasn't aware of the exact path(s) to attune for the various dungeons and raids.

Example of how the addon UI looks:

'

It's extremely easy to navigate. All you do is click on the dungeon/raid on the left panel and it brings up the things you need to do (in order) on the right hand side.

If you have completion towards that specific attunement already that you didn't even know you had, the boxes will be marked green and you can just jump to the next box to follow the path.

Hopefully those who were having some trouble figuring out what to do next will have a better experience with this.
    Mind reuploading that picture as it is to small to really see anything? It also doesnt have a zoom option

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Mind reuploading that picture as it is to small to really see anything? It also doesnt have a zoom option

I could not get a bigger size of that specific picture, but here are some of attunements from vanilla WoW. It's the same formula: a tree with boxes and in each boxes information of what you need to do, with a branch into the next box for the next step.

Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-06-23 at 06:12 PM.

Imagine having hard feelings in any direction on an add-on.. lol...

But to be subject it's a great addon. Helped me find people in guild on simular steps and let me know who is ready to go while building Kara groups those first couple weeks.

I like the add on a lot, especially in quickly seeing who in my guild needs what via the Survey function. The little pop up helped me get as far as you can in P1 toward SSC and BT as well, sort of unsolicited ad I was questing.

This is some low quality bait, try harder my friend

3+ Year Old Account
    Best addon they have ever created in the Classic/TBC era.

+1 to this, I saw it in a video once and have been using it t great effect, been recommending it to everyone in my friends / guild lists and they love it too

I wonder if people were like this when someone first had the idea of using stone tools. Only noobs use stones, real hominids use their hands and teeth. Wheels? Just carry it. Fire? It's meant to be dark and cold, stop with this easy mode bullshit.

It's just a tool to keep track of where you're up to. Why is anyone complaining about that?
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2021-06-24 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post

It's just a tool to keep track of where you're up to. Why is anyone complaining about that?
    It's 2021, the sky is falling.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations