Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would a level 70 in classic beat a bis level 60 in retail?

I would not be surprised if this has already been discussed but would a level 70 in Burning Crusade Classic beat a bis geared level 60 in retail right now?. Would be kind of funny to see the ugly gear on a level 70 in Classic beating a 17 year old transmogged character in retail like a red headed step child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I would not be surprised if this has already been discussed but would a level 70 in Burning Crusade Classic beat a bis geared level 60 in retail right now?. Would be kind of funny to see the ugly gear on a level 70 in Classic beating a 17 year old transmogged character in retail like a red headed step child.
    You need to specify more. Need more details on it. As it stands, a current BiS LVL 60 would beat an LVL 70 TBC BiS I would believe if we do the direct translation of abilities and gear.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, a bis geared player from retail is assumed to be a mythic raider/2400 rating pvper, so just in terms of brain the retail player wins, and yes i tried to make a post as dumb as yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume level 70s would shit on 60s based on talent point access and level scaling alone. Assuming you mean a direct comparison with no upscaling done to the level 60, and a geared level 70 (but not necessarily BiS).

Edit: GDI, Retail 60 not Classic 60. Ignore this, I'm a potato.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2021-06-23 at 10:09 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

--- snip ---

What's the point?

BIS level 60 would stomp average level 70 from TBC.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-06-23 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I assume level 70s would shit on 60s based on talent point access and level scaling alone. Assuming you mean a direct comparison with no upscaling done to the level 60, and a geared level 70 (but not necessarily BiS).
    Yeah, no. TBC 70s have fraction of the power and health SL 60s have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    --- snip ---

What's the point?

BIS level 60 would stomp average level 70 from TBC.
    with that ten level difference, would the level 60 be able to hit the level 70 very much? I would think that there would be a certain percentage of misses just because of that level difference regardless of gear.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-06-23 at 11:13 PM.

Level 70s are at around...10-12k hp and do 1.5-2k dps? That's like a 3rd-4th of what characters in Shadowlands have atm.

Not sure what the point in this comparison is, anyway.

My retail rogue has more than twice the HP of a TBC character, puts out more DPS than a TBC heroic dungeon group, and can heal himself on par with the healing output of spec'd healer, and has more mobility/silence/mitigation options than any class in TBC.

There's no chance.
    Common sense is not common at all.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    a 60 would always win. Even if equalized tbc characters use way more mana have way less burst and in many cases less tools.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Yeah no, even BiS tanks in ICC had less HP than tanks now, let alone dps figures etc.
    Now if the 70 had access to full Sunwell/Brutal Glad gear with Resilience while the BFA character had vers? That could be, slightly more nuanced.

According to this Thread you have a 3% Miss Chance on 10 level difference.
    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...layers/87597/6
    Dunno if the Mechanic changed at some point.

Anyhow, you can just calculate that. I just looked at Warcraft logs.
    The Highest DPS on Gruul is apparently around 2K (5K On Burst) DPS, and I think a DPS would not have more than 10K Life.
    Now, a Level 60 Player can do more than 8K DPS, and beyond 10K On Burst. And has 30K Life.

Unless the Hit/Miss Chance is not more than 50% its unlikely that the BC char would win against a Retail Character.

But alone the Idea is weird to be Honest.

retail rogue wouldve done 4 gcds while tbc rogue would still be waiting for enough energy to do a sinister strike

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit more nuanced then that, mainly due to Dodge/Spell Res as well as level suppression

For instance, a lvl 70 player stacking Frost Resistance out the ass would be nigh-invincible to a lvl 60 retail Frost Mage, as that Frost Mage would only be able to use Fire Blast and Arcane Explosion for damage, compared to a retail Frost Mage which would have access to the entirety of their kit.

Additionally, Feral and Rogues in BC can get insanely high dodge - Combine that with level suppression and melee/hunters would only be able to damage the Feral/Rogue inside of a stun. In this case, a retail Rogue would be unable to even damage the opponent as EVERY attack and CC, except for Blind, can be dodged. On the other hand, a Ret Paladin or Arms Warrior would make quick work out of them - For the ret, due to Hammer of Justice being undodgable, thus allowing them a full 6 seconds of damage output, more then enough to kill whoever. For Arms, because Overpower can't be avoided, and that alone is enough to kill.

But outside of those sort of edge cases? Retail wins everytime - Not only is there over a hundred ilvl difference between the 2 versions, but the extreme amount of power in every spec compared to classic makes it hands-down Retail, even with the lvl suppression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah, no. TBC 70s have fraction of the power and health SL 60s have.
    Edit: I just realized the OP is talking about Retail and not Classic. Now I feel stupid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Resilience doesn't exist in modern WoW, so BiS PvP a TBC character would likely win.

Even setting aside the level wonkiness even if levels and base stats were equalised a retail character would eviscerate a TBC character. TBC class design is pathetically optimised by today's standards and even high-end gear is practically troll tier.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Resilience doesn't exist in modern WoW, so BiS PvP a TBC character would likely win.
    Resilience only reduced crit damage taken and chance to be critically struck. Even with 0% crit, I'd be willing to bet most BiS Retail Level 60 could burst down a fully PvP geared TBC 70 within a few seconds.

Pretty interesting thing here, I do recall in Wrath I had a level 70 hunter that could decimate some level 80s

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Ret with Final Verdict would likely one shot a Classic character. Even with 10 ilvl difference. A Rogue could auto one to death as well I think
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )