Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Is anyone else just waiting it out for classic wotlk?

Am I the only one leveling characters and professions for wrath?

TBC was good back in the day but I loved wrath more and just getting alts up and professions.

I know it would probably be about a year and a half out but is anyone else just sitting on the side lines waiting to get on that boat to boring tundra?

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm just waiting until they announce it, haven't touched classic since phase 2 started, haven't touched retail since dazar'alor, i'll only resub for wrath classic because it was the best time for me personally.

I would rather play wod again than the garbage that was wrath

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wheres ur helper?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol no. Especially the expansion classic(s) feel so silly to me. Atleast in vanilla classic you had that 'unique' leveling experience, but what does tbc/wrath has to offer? Just mediocore endgame of content we've been through already.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-06-24 at 12:54 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Can you imagine today's playerbase running ToC 4 times a week per character? I can't think of a greater cancer in WoW, let alone the utter outrage and butthurt screams when Blizzard re-releases ICC 1 wing per week with limited attempts.

I don't think I'd play wrath, the only things I didn't do originally were Sarth 3D while it was hard, the latter half of Ulduar while it was hard and 1-2 Heroic bosses.
    By the end of wrath I'd done all the raids, got the Ulduar25 and ICC25 meta mounts.
    I still raid SL with several people I met during Wrath so it wouldn't be memory lane for me personally.

I'd be tempted to roll a DK just so I could act smug about the other malding tank classes telling everyone who would listen how unfair it was you could literally just press blood boil to 80.
    Actually 'play' it though? Nah, been there done that have the t-shirt.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

i'm not giving blizz a cent. they can have my money when they make good products again. i'm not going to give them money so i can play a good game that was made 10 years ago when we had a competent team. far as i see, if you give them money just to play on a classic server, you aren't helping solve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Can you imagine today's playerbase running ToC 4 times a week per character? I can't think of a greater cancer in WoW, let alone the utter outrage and butthurt screams when Blizzard re-releases ICC 1 wing per week with limited attempts.

I don't think I'd play wrath, the only things I didn't do originally were Sarth 3D while it was hard, the latter half of Ulduar while it was hard and 1-2 Heroic bosses.
    By the end of wrath I'd done all the raids, got the Ulduar25 and ICC25 meta mounts.
    I still raid SL with several people I met during Wrath so it wouldn't be memory lane for me personally.
    when it was live i enjoyed it a lot,mostly because by then i had become pretty good,doing everything pve wise and pvp 2.3k+ so that played a big role in my enjoyment,but objectivly looking back at it today....it was just bad all around,if wrath was released today as a modern expansion it would literaly kill the game

people complain today about not having anything to do lol,well wrath was the pinacle of nothing to do besides raid and pvp

personaly i didnt mind doing a bunch of toc as atleast it wasnt a long raid,but ulduar should have been out longer,its a real shame so few people got to enjoy the only good thing in wrath(ulduar)

oh and my main class paladin finnaly being op was also tasty
    Last edited by deenman; 2021-06-24 at 01:12 AM.

I wouldn't touch Wrath, to be honest. I said it in a previous thread on the subject but the mere thought of doing lvl 80 Naxx after farming it for 6 months in Classic is enough to make me not want to bother even leveling. Top that off with the braindead heroics, Dungeon Finder killing server communities and low lvl world zones, and only one really good raid to look forward to my excitement for Wrath Classic is at absolute zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post

TBC was good back in the day but I loved wrath more and just getting alts up and professions.

I know it would probably be about a year and a half out but is anyone else just sitting on the side lines waiting to get on that boat to boring tundra?
    Naw, waiting it out for Classic Warlords of Draenor, or maybe Classic Legion, or Classic BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post

Yeah, WotLK was the best time for me. I would play it for nostalgia purposes. But I don't think, that I'd fully like it now, because of how obsoleted it is. I'd better play WOD Classic, because it's the most casual-friendly xpack in Wow's history and we will never have another one like this.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

wrath was great in the beginning because of how puggable naxx was. and the fact that you could run 10 and 25. not 10 or 25. I got saved to both naxx 10 and then when we got 25 ppl we did 25 same with sarth. you could gear up alts in the 10 mans for a better chance at getting into one of the pug 25 mans. or you could run 10 mans on off days when there was no 25 man.

except looking ahead to a wrath where you choose from the beginning to be either a 10 man guild or a 25 man guild. doesn't seem as though its going to be as interesting as it was the first time.

inscription was a nice addition to balance out the herb/ore demands.

I feel like the actual world wasn't that interesting to explore, the dungeons weren't that memorable. they didn't remain relevant as long as tbc heroics did. you could start pugging naxx 10 or 25 in blues and barely ever need to run a heroic. I suppose after tbc being very heavy on heroics it was a nice change to not have the game be 90% running heroics.

I just remember because of the twin lock by icc I had alts pugging all tiers and i had a pala alt that nearly had better gear than my main. at least not far from it. this wouldn't have been possible if you could only run one size of raid or the other. the pugs were off the hook during wrath, but it wouldn't be the same with a single lock system. which is what happened by icc they brought in that patch that tied both 10 and 25 to the same raid lock. pretty much killing half the raiding in one change. it wasn't long after that, that i stopped playing wow and started playing eve online instead.

I'd be hyped for wrath if i didn't think if was going to start at one of the final patches which forces guilds to pick either 10 or 25 and preventing ppl from raiding both sizes. if its a single lock from the beginning ill probably be stopping at the end of bc.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-24 at 03:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else just waiting it out for classic wotlk?
    Ever since Cata released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Golden Ret era. Can't wait...

BC was peak for me. Everything went downhill with WOTLK imho. Leveling was fun. Nax was... way too easy. Ulduar was amazing and ICC... still don't know why people stan so much for it. I found ToC way more fun than ICC for some reason. Then there was that weird lockout in ICC which was annoying. Gearsets looked... meh.
    Still played every expansion though. Was fun anyway. But Wotlk had my first big raiding pause in it. And Cata i only played for about 2 month.

Everything got to... easy? Convenient? Idk. Was weird.

WotLK has better memories than TBC or Vanilla for me, but not sure I can bring myself to replay any of them tbh. Been there, done that. No particular desire to go back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Naw, waiting it out for Classic Warlords of Draenor, or maybe Classic Legion, or Classic BFA
    I'm waiting for classic Shadowlands.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only part I liked about WoTLK is the classes got better to play again, but that's pretty much it.

As fucking dumb as it is, the attunement process and the vast array of crafting gear in TBC just makes it a superior product IMO. Whether leveling is your thing or not, the world really stops being that dangerous once you hit WoTLK. Echoed in previous comments, the world just doesn't seem as important in Northerend aside from the Sons of Hodir reputation that you can get.

I think a big reason for this is the initial difficulty of WoTLK. It turned me off over a decade ago, and it would likely turn me off again. The dungeon difficulty is weird as hell in TBC but at least it's challenging, despite being unfair at times. WoTLK doesn't threaten tanks at all and aside from a couple of bosses, you just sort of breeze through all the dungeon content with relative ease. Whether you find the current BC dungeons hard or not doesn't really matter, I don't think one can argue that the WoTLK ones are a significant step down.

One thing I think Blizzard did well with TBC is how they're planning to pace the expansion, all the while making bosses in the more "difficult" form. They have the ability to change that difficulty at anytime, but I think having some challenge if they keep going forward with Classic era re-releases is probably pretty healthy for the game. Basically what I'm getting at is the dungeons could certainly be tuned upwards in difficulty (the mechanics are fine, the tuning is terrible) and Naxxaramas as a whole could be tuned up as a whole.

I realize that it's REEEEEEEE changes but a big point of contention for me is the above. Blizzard SHOULD (IMO) make the entry level dungeon and raid content more difficult (basically just Naxxaramas. Naxx is such a sad sack in WoTLK with the tuning being terrible and mechanics just straight up removed from the encounters. Some of the changes make sense in the context of a 25 man raid size, but I don't think anybody can argue that Naxxaramas is the slightest bit challenging.

TLDR for me is to change the difficulty. Dungeon and Naxxaramas need to be more difficult out of the gate. Ulduar needs to be it's own thing for longer than it was in original WoTLK. ToGC shouldn't take a month to fully unlock. ICC should probably be fully opened at the start with the buff taking longer to apply to your raid group.

Without playing a class that could work towards shadowmourne, WotLK was just a mediocre expansion with lots of very easy raids.

Lots of people wanting to raid at that time and lots of easy raids and raids beeing MUCH EASIER with 25 instead of 10 man made WotLK what it was.

I highly doubt WotLK 2.0 will make everyone happy. The story is fully diggested allready, the low bar in challenge is known and outside of it, there was nothing else. Half of the expansion class balance was - thanks to death knights / bullshit player feedback - so awfull, that the game was basicly broken in regards to class balance.

WotLK was blizzards highly regretted mistake in trusting community feedback to tuning changes. The whole experience for the DEVS and the poor outcome even at the end of WotLK changed heavily how hero classes were treated for the future expansions and how much/how less blizzard is actually weighting community feedback for changes.

I dont know what people expect, but in overall the expansion had lots of +/- parts and the only thing it had going for it, were the huge overpopulated PVE communities on few servers and the temporal high demand for raiding in general.

Good luck with repeating that.
    -

Honestly, when it comes to wrath i think im with that blizz employee who said "you think you do but you dont".

I know all the new and the more casual people loved wrath because it gave them an easy ride into raiding. But for the more hardcore crowd it was simply a nerfed tbc copy with less content... and with added obonxious mechanics like limited attempts and in-raid gatings.
    Some part of me is kinda looking forward to Wrath classic just to have everyone feel the same let down experience i had last time around.

Some examples:
    Can you guys imagine running naxx again for another teir? But not just Naxx, a nerfed naxx in which the bosses damage is roughly what it was at lvl 60 but this time your lvl 80 and your average raid hp is 12k...

And while the obnoxious limited attempts mechanics wont be as big of a dick in the butt as they were the last time around (we wont be wiping that much come wrath classic), i cant wait to see peoples reaction at unlocking 1 boss per week in toc normal for 4 weeks until they are allowed into heroic toc.

Or their reaction at doing icc normal mode for 8 weeks until they are allowed to kill lich king... and then they have to wait until next reset to step into Heroic xD
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2021-06-24 at 06:59 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.