Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Forced to recraft legendaries

https://www.wowhead.com/news/legenda...writers-322953

Having to recraft legendaries in new slots because of the new powerful domination items, how is there not more outrage about this

Dude, keep the toxic garbage in your head and do not spread it to us.

There is some outcry on the official forums.
    We got used to blizz being blizz. When our expectations are very low, negative deeds from Blizz don't impress us anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post

Having to recraft legendaries in new slots because of the new powerful domination items, how is there not more outrage about this
    Only leggo I crafted were plate legs which aren't a dom slot. So in the words of a wise knight, "You chose poorly."

Honestly i just gave up with SL for now. Maybe next patch again.
    The whole patch look slackluster and boring. Korthia had so much potential but again looks boring as fuck.
    The raid? Meh. Not bad not good.

I'll wait what they do with 9.2 and then look again. Until then i run a bit THorgast here and there to be able to recraft my leggo if needed then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Only leggo I crafted were plate legs which aren't a dom slot. So in the words of a wise knight, "You chose poorly."
    Some classes have their BiS legendaries not line up with dom sockets, some do. As a DH I have to recraft, as a paladin I don't. Luck of the draw

but OP, who cares? It's like 10k gold and a bit of torghast farming (soul ash is no longer weekly capped, and you get more for the first completion)

Have you been on twitter? No outrage lol.
    I have to recraft 3 legos on one character alone. will cost me a bit plus a fucking weeks of boregast.

It's really fascinating how they designed it a inconvenient way that has so easy ways to avoid. Like being able to socket it into a legendary, or make the gems unique(5) and have 6 itemslots available. Or from another angle just have the soulash refundable in some way.

That they add available slots to some legendaries already shows they were fully aware of the issue, but their workaround is lazy and lackluster towards the player, which admittingly is no new development in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Antontein View Post
    Dude, keep the toxic garbage in your head and do not spread it to us.
    Seems more like the shilling is the real toxic garbage. It prevents the game from improving and gives cover for bad decisions.

7+ Year Old Account

ok this is jsut fucking tiring at this point wowhead did a fucking outrageous fucking abyssmal job at explaining all this, so fuck them, here we go.

1. you only need 3 peices of the domination gear, and with 5 slots of it, you dont need to replace your legendary, because you only need 3.
    the 3 set bonus is the only actual reason you use the gems, the gems on their own are pretty fucking dog shit like dear god
    "1.5% increased single target damage"
    "3% damage to targets whos % current health is 50% lower then your % current health"
    and shit like that, its fucking garbage.

2. with the upgrading of legendaries you can skip straight to 2 or 3 or 4 or even 5 or 6. so you dont need to "recraft" your current legendary, just instead of upgrading your current one, you craft a new one

3. "powerful domination items,"
    is a fucking hilarious sentence, they are not powerful, they are weak as fucking shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's really fascinating how they designed it a inconvenient way that has so easy ways to avoid. Like being able to socket it into a legendary, or make the gems unique(5) and have 6 itemslots available. Or from another angle just have the soulash refundable in some way.

That they add available slots to some legendaries already shows they were fully aware of the issue, but their workaround is lazy and lackluster towards the player, which admittingly is no new development in wow.
    the gems are unique. and that is exactly how it works, you only need 3 of them, after that the gems are fucking garbage like holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Have you been on twitter? No outrage lol.
    I have to recraft 3 legos on one character alone. will cost me a bit plus a fucking weeks of boregast.
    you have to do torghast anyways to get soul cinders to craft rank 5/6 so you just go ahead and craft them rank 5/6 right away, as you get soul cinders you will get soul ash.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok this is jsut fucking tiring at this point wowhead did a fucking outrageous fucking abyssmal job at explaining all this, so fuck them, here we go.

1. you only need 3 peices of the domination gear, and with 5 slots of it, you dont need to replace your legendary, because you only need 3.
    the 3 set bonus is the only actual reason you use the gems, the gems on their own are pretty fucking dog shit like dear god
    "1.5% increased single target damage"
    "3% damage to targets whos % current health is 50% lower then your % current health"
    and shit like that, its fucking garbage.

2. with the upgrading of legendaries you can skip straight to 2 or 3 or 4 or even 5 or 6. so you dont need to "recraft" your current legendary, just instead of upgrading your current one, you craft a new one

3. "powerful domination items,"
    is a fucking hilarious sentence, they are not powerful, they are weak as fucking shit.

- - - Updated - - -

the gems are unique. and that is exactly how it works, you only need 3 of them, after that the gems are fucking garbage like holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

you have to do torghast anyways to get soul cinders to craft rank 5/6 so you just go ahead and craft them rank 5/6 right away, as you get soul cinders you will get soul ash.
    You don't have to recraft, you just have to craft a new one eh?
    OP is right and this is a disrespect of the player achievements in 9.0.
    Domination sockets being tied to a piece of gear is dumb and just creates problems. We haven't even talked about off-specs, but... swear a bit more and maybe you will magically be right. It's how it works right? Yell louder and swear thd most and you are right? Something like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not that i disagree with your post, but crafting the same leggo again is literally what "recrafting" means.

Formerly known as Arafal

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did I seriously see 3% damage increase with nearly 100% uptime being called "garbage"? That's the usual hotfix aura buff, except in a gem sized package, for anyone to use. A free vantus rune, available all the time. Damn, I guess someone has incredibly expensive "garbage" in their area.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Some classes have their BiS legendaries not line up with dom sockets, some do. As a DH I have to recraft, as a paladin I don't. Luck of the draw

but OP, who cares? It's like 10k gold and a bit of torghast farming (soul ash is no longer weekly capped, and you get more for the first completion)
    10k gold? Maybe if you're a cloth/plate user. As my main and some of my alts are mail classes, it's about 60k-90k per item, for a total of 250-300k for me, which is a lot. On my main alone, I have to re-craft 2 out of the 4 legendaries I'm regularly using. However it's not quite that bad, as I'm not planning to craft all of those legendaries at level 4, I'll just to straight to 5/6 on those, so the only real cost is the soul ash, and we'll see how abundant it is in 9.1.

That being said, it's still crazy to say "oh, if you crafted your legendaries on slots X or Y, get fucked and have fun trying to craft the exact same item that you farmed Torghast 4 weeks for, and that you paid 100k+ gold for, AGAIN". Even though re-crafting is cheaper and faster, it doesn't change the fact that the items I spent a lot of time and gold aquiring, are now useless. For no reason other than a coin flip. Even worse if you didn't buy the white item, but levelled your profession to craft it with the plan to sell some of them. Congrats, you spent a ton of money on levelling a profession item that is now 100% useless because no one will ever buy it again.

It's even more infuriating when you consider that there are many easy solutions. Give us the possibility to craft sockets onto legendaries, give us more slots with sockets but limit the amount of gems we can have active at one time, or you know, not have the option to craft legendaries on those slots in the first place. It's not like they didn't know their plans for 9.1 in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Dude, stop. There is only one fact that needs to be acknowledged here: "FFXIV being better than WoW" has turned into the hottest meme in the WoW and FF communities over the past few weeks. This is massive negative reputation loss for Blizzard and massive free marketing for FF.

I don't care to go into the nitty gritty details, I'm also not a 'WoW-hater' and I'm still playing and looking forward to 9.1, but it is just a fact at this moment that WoW is suffering a huge image loss and that on almost every social media platform and by almost every WoW streamer viewers are nearly actively being encouraged to quit WoW and go play FF instead. It's really really bad for Blizzard what is going on right now and at this point it wouldn't surprised me some notable people at Blizzard are going to end up 'quitting' or getting fired.
    Meanwhile, FFXIV's combat is still strictly worse than WoW, so the game is literally not worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    (soul ash is no longer weekly capped, and you get more for the first completion)
    I dont believe this statement...i need proof!
    No way in the seven hells the same company who implemented a weekly rotation to Corruption vendors and tries to timegate every single system in the entire game will do this.

Blizzard is all about the timegates

I dont believe, i refuse

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Meanwhile, FFXIV's combat is still strictly worse than WoW, so the game is literally not worth playing.
    Yeah, I'm picturing 6 months in the future after all the "wow is dead ima go play ff" gaymers finally slog through the msq and realise there is less world content and more daily chores than wow.

You have to do torghast anyways to get soul cinders to craft rank 5/6 so you just go ahead and craft them rank 5/6 right away, as you get soul cinders you will get soul ash.
    Yes, but I also have craft new leggo and the whole "send your alts soul ash" thing goes to bin because you won't have any to spare. I mean IDK how did this domination gem system left a whiteboard and was not cleaned off by janitor because even a person who doesn't even understand anything about WoW would see this idea as a bullshit crap. System on top of system, but new system fucks ups the old one.
    I guess Blizzard were showing interns how NOT TO DO game design, but some of the interns thought it's what they want because they were not paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

SNIP
    Ok, so I just read whole comment of yours.
    You literally have no clue what you are even talking about. Stop pretending that you do, because you don't, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I dont believe this statement...i need proof!
    No way in the seven hells the same company who implemented a weekly rotation to Corruption vendors and tries to timegate every single system in the entire game will do this.

Blizzard is all about the timegates

I dont believe, i refuse
    Soul Ash (used for legendary ranks 1-4) is no longer capped. Soul Cinders (used for the new legendary ranks) are capped, just like Soul Ash was in 9.0

Yes, more outrage, more! Every small detail I dislike needs to cause a shitstorm!!!

This community's entire shtick is being outraged and angry at everything Blizzard does, no matter how small and inconsequential. It's getting to the point of being embarassing.

Recrafting a Legendary will be no problem at all, since you get much more Soul Ash from normal runs and you can even do a run on an alt and send Ash over to your main. Getting a Rank 4 Legendary again is a matter of a few Torghast runs and doable in a single week easily.

But I know thats too much logic and reason for this forum. Let the fake outrage continue.